Victoria Gastro Pub
8201 Snowden River Parkway
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Victoria Gastro Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victoriagastropub.com/
- Phone: 4107501880
- Hours of Operation:
We are open until 2am every day, starting at 11am Monday – Friday and 10am Saturday and Sunday.
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Krywucki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two Private Rooms or One Large Private Room to Host All of Your Special Occasions or Corporate Events, up to 80 people for a seated event. Projector with screen and computer connection available.
- Private Party Contact: Tori Marriner 410-750-1880
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Pub Every Sunday from 9:30pm -11:30pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday with free passed hors d’oeuvres from 6pm-7pm.
Monday night is Beer Club night with different brewers promoted and specials offered to members.
All Day Tuesday specialty martinis are 50% OFF.
Wednesday night is Cork Club Night with different wineries promoted and specials offered to members.
All Day Thursday is half off bottles of wine (25% off cellared selection).
Sunday night there is live music in the bar starting at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: We host a beer and wine tasting dinner each month with different breweries and wineries featured. We also host many special events and parties throughout the year. Please check our website for a full listing.
A word from Victoria Gastro Pub
Rated by Baltimore Magazine as the “Best 'Burbs Bar” and a “Brunch Hot Spot”, this is an inviting Pub that will surprise you from the moment you walk through the revolving door. The international cuisine is filled with Chef Joe Krywucki’s twists on classic pub fare. From simple favorites like the Kobe Burger, Lobster Grilled Cheese or the Fish & Chips, to fresh, flavorful entrees that change seasonally, this is a casual Pub that takes its food very seriously. The food is complemented by an international beer list of 24 draughts and over 200 bottles, a focused yet eclectic wine list, fun seasonal cocktails, and a full bar. The warm, inviting dining rooms are filled with antique touches that add to the unique feel. The Peruvian Walnut lined Pub Area is seated on a first-come, first serve basis. All this forms Howard County’s first Gastro Pub!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Victoria Gastro Pub - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Victoria Gastro Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)great for brunch (62)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (54)special occasion (51)vibrant bar scene (51)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (35)romantic (29)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (16)scenic view (1)Show More
- Every time a great mealKerrbearDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday dinner for my cousin and she couldn't understand why we were driving an hour when there are perfectly fine restaurants closer. After the poutine, mussels, wagyu burger, and roasted asparagus, she knew why. Loove this place!Special Features:
- Delightful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014I took my daughter to Victoria's for lunch. She's married to a chef and they like to check out restaurants. She was very impressed with the variety of choices on the menu and loved sitting outside. Allie was our server. She was excellent. Her recommendations for menu items were right on. She was very attentive and pleasant; did not hover, but checked on us frequently. Love this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Delicious as usualburgerbabeDined on 8/9/2014The burgers were cooked to perfection, and our waiter fulfilled our request to have our meals come out with a bit of a delay to give us time to fully enjoy our drinks and appetizers without question. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- Duck Fate Fries and breadDiner457Dined on 8/9/2014Pleasant experience. Highlights were duck fat fries and the bread. Dinner was good, but I had to fight with the pork chop to cut it. We dined on the early side with our two grade school kids on a Saturday night. It was summer. We sat indoors and I wish I had worn a parka. It was slow. The waiter was decent. My only minor complaints were in a place that attempts to be an upscale pub, the waiter was unfamiliar with the beer list - it is HUGE, but really. Also, the waiter spent a good deal of time flirting with the hostess. I believe this is geared to beer lovers with money to spend on dinner, not me. I am sure that for you enjoy a variety of beer and above average pub fare this is a great place for a week night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Restaurant!yukisomaDined on 8/9/2014I visited Victoria Gastro Pub for the first time on recommendations from friends and I was not disappointed! Our Server, Stephen, was very nice and accommodating and even had excellent suggestions on food and beer. The place itself is lovely and a bit unexpected for a restaurant sat in a small shopping area. The food was perfect and came out quickly and overall I loved this place!Special Features:
- Great for brunch, ok vegetarian optNYCPHLVIPDined on 8/9/2014The "slings" and booster seat were there for the babies and toddler as discussed on the phone prior to our arrival. The parents were very appreciative. Service was excellent. We all had a great time although the vegetarian options were a bit limited.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemegwDined on 8/1/2014We went to Victoria's for dinner on a Friday evening. Got there before the 7pm cut-off for happy hour deals, but found out that those only apply to those sitting at the bar, not in the dining area. We were a little disappointed, but the food and service made up for it and we would definitely go there again. The food was amazing!! I had the Madeira pasta (without meat) and it was fantastic. The portion size was perfect, not huge but not skimpy either. My husband had the American dip sandwich and loved it. Our waitress (can't remember who it was unfortunately) was really good, check back with us a bunch and had great suggestions in terms of dishes and beers/wines. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- DisappointingSophia621VIPDined on 8/1/2014I went to Victoria a few years ago and was bowled over by the food, service and ambiance. Unfortunately this time, only the ambiance remained stellar. My entree salad was fine but salty. I was seated in a seat that was rather close to a seat at the next table over. Our server brushed, and sometimes bumped, against me throughout the entire meal. She then spilled water on me. This was a business lunch, so really the biggest problem was that, after bringing us the check, our server, despite passing by our table several times, took almost 30 minutes to take our payment. Still love the decor and maybe dinner is still much better.Special Features:
- first time on patio4HiMarksVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been going here since it opened, but this is my first time on the patio. The food was as good as always. They have become so popular that parking has started to become an issue. I drove around twice without being able to find a space, and wound up parking in another lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Food so-so. Great beer list. Decor depressing and quite noisy.
- Great food!TonksDined on 7/26/2014This is our second visit to Victoria Gastro Pub. We discovered it by accident. We were in the area running errands and needed to eat. Much to our surprise, we discovered this wonderful restaurant with great food. They have a huge selection of beers and it's listed by country of origin. Their wine list is rather extensive too. If you decide to go, try the poutine. It's decadent and rich and absolutely enjoyable. I had the angus beef burger and it's one one of the best burgers I ever had. It was cooked to perfection and was juicy and tender. VGP will definitely be on our list of go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique find in ColumbiamoonbellyDined on 7/26/2014I live in Silver Spring but VGP is worth the drive! So far I've been twice, for brunch, but I hope to try dinner soon. The brunch menu is creative and unique, although I wish there were just a couple more options. The adult beverage menu is equally special; I particularly enjoyed the Firefly with Rosemary Wings. I haven't used it yet, but I appreciate the availability of an adults-only dining room.Special Features:
- Great Food Outside, Can't be BeatPaulineDined on 7/24/2014We sat on the patio, with a perfect breeze. Started with an orange concoction from the bar that was tasty without being filling. We all had the lump crab johnnycake as a starter. There was one johnnycake, smothered in lump crab cake, drizzled with a blackberry sweet and sour sauce that had some balsamic hiding in it. We practically licked our plates. Our main was a 10oz pork chop that was cooked to perfection. Tender, succulent, and just as good the second day as it was the first. (I love leftovers.) It was garnished with little bits of country ham and had a nice gravy. Potatoes, zucchini, and summer squash cooked perfectly rounded out the meal. Dessert was a Meyer lemon cream tart with berries. I may go back to get the tart again.Special Features:
- Pretty goodRondyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Been here before and liked the way the food is prepared. A change in the menu took my favorite veal chop off the regular menu and replaced is with a chicken dish which I think you can get anywhere (nothing special). Get that chop back. Great place for wine particularly on half price wine night. My buddy and I love to go there then and we get to try some very good wines. Service has always been very good and this time it was no different. Servers know the menu well and can be of help in making selections. They also have a personality and seem to enjoy the customers and their job. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchMimqDined on 7/24/2014We went during Howard County Restaurant Week and found our choices from the special menu. The gazpacho and pasta were both delicious. Reputation for the duck fries is well earned. Service was above and beyond. We enjoyed our lunch very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words: Duck poutineopiumkanobiDined on 7/23/2014The first thing I zeroed-in on the menu was the duck poutine, the Canadian specialty, but this version was with shredded duck. There were two sizes to choose from, and the small was more than enough for two people. The fries were perfectly crisp and it was so delicious, but I wouldn't have minded more gravy. We also ordered one of the daily specials, which was squash blossoms grown from the owner's garden, fried and stuffed with goat cheese. The tangy taste of goat cheese was divine, but texture was lacking, since I was expecting a more crispy texture. For our entrees, my friend got the swiss mushroom burger and I got the black angus burger. Since we were full from the appetizer, I only had a bite of the burger. The meat was very tasty.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMatherDined on 7/22/2014I had another great experience here. It's one of the best restaurants in Howard county with a unique menu and great selection of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaeraeRaeraeDined on 7/21/2014It was a great spot to connect with my friend who was in town. Everything was great except our waitress. I think she was just having a rough time. Everyone else was friendly, light hearted and inviting! Cool spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victoria's Gastro PubDoubleTeeDined on 7/18/2014Good food and an extensive wine and beer list! The server seemed annoyed when we asked questions about the specials when one of our party members had not yet arrived. I get not wanting to repeat it, but she almost had an attitude! Otherwise, the food was delicious with quality ingredients, many of which they grow themselves! It gets very crowded and loud there on a Friday night and parking is a challenge. You MUST have a reservation or you will wait all night! I had a spinach and strawberry salad with goat cheese (awesome) and a drink called Summer Thyme (lemonade with different rums, muddled blackberries and a sprig of thyme) and it was really good. The beer biscuits were good but butter was definetly needed. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but can be betterMikeDined on 7/18/2014Large beer list but very mixed quality; For lunch, smallish cob salad with almost no lettuce and bitter bacon - my two companions declared themselves happy with the mushroom hamburger.
- Ditto!BroccoliVIPDined on 7/18/2014Victoria's always comes through. The food is delicious and the service is always top notch! Can't beat the beer list! Just waiting for the dessert, "Mary's gone Bananas" to return! That should be a staple on the menu!!Special Features:
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This place has a great menu and they execute the food beautifully. Will definitely go back..Special Features:
- Delightful LunchJamesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lunch was delicious! Baby squash blossoms were the appetizer of the day so we tried them. They were outstanding with a light, crisp coating and stuffed with a melted goat cheese filling. The New England Clam Chowder was full of vegetables and tender clams (without any sand). The crab cake was excellent paired with fresh sweet corn kernels in a light lemon cream (not canned creamed corn!). We had two minor complaints: The Arnold Palmers (tea and lemonade) were weak with not much flavor and it was very chilly in the dining rooms. The hostess readily moved us to a warmer location; but, whenever the air turned on, we were very uncomfortable, even wearing long sleeves. Fortunately, sweaters were in the car. Problem solved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French FarePsikee1Dined on 7/11/2014I went here with my mother, sister and nephew to celebrate my sister's birthday. The space was not very crowded as it was the middle of the week (we are all teachers). The food was very good. I was excited to taste the duck fries. We were also pleasantly surprised by the zucchini blossoms stuffed with cheese (apparently from the chef's garden). It was a pleasure to eat there and we would certainly go back for the food alone. The experience was enhanced, however, by the courteous and knowledgeable wait staff. We were all pleased and would, not only go again, but recommend it to friends!Special Features:
- Great beer selection!SC16Dined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is perfect for sampling different beer and enjoying delicious food. As long as you are not a vegetarian or peanut allergic, it's a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch! Went on a Thursday and it was half priced bottles of wine - what a great value. Our server Season was excellent ! Enjoyed the lobster grilled cheese!Special Features:
- Great food, great beerMarylandGirl31Dined on 7/3/2014Victoria is one of our favorites. Food is consistently great and changes seasonally. Always a few vegetarian options. And a great beer list (really, a book if you count bottles).Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationbethbrac43Dined on 7/2/2014I enjoyed my Birthday lunch celebration for the third consecutive year at Victoria Gastro Pub. The service was outstanding, the food delicious and as usual, the experience at VGP was fantastic! I'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great DrinkswildmagicDined on 7/1/2014The drink selection is fantastic! I was definitely let down by the food though. Just not as good as I was expecting I guess. Their duck fat french fries tasted just like normal french fries, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than Before.chunkyfooDined on 6/27/2014I love Victoria's Gastro Pub. This time, however, my experience was quite off. Our server never introduced himself, so we had no reference for who he was. He was nowhere to be found for an entire twenty minutes after we sat down and twiddled our thumbs. We had to ask the hostess for a server, any server, so we could order out food. We ordered appetizers that took twenty minutes to come out, despite the place not being very busy (empty tables all around us). We were so hungry we had to ask for the biscuits that usually are given (we had to ask for them this time). Food was stellar, as usual. But service was very lacking. Our empty waters sat on the table until some other server took pity on us and refilled our glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceMaydayDined on 6/17/2014There's no way you can resist the duck fat fries! I tried to be healthy and had a salad for dinner - nothing too exciting about a COBB, but the duck salad is way better. Wine, dessert, coffee = great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique spot, esp. for beer loversfood4thoughtDined on 6/15/2014Great food...although limited menu on Father's Day. Beer list was extensive. Prices above what you would spend regularly but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience VGPMyJaleoVIPDined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and service at VGP. Never disappoints. Never changes the level of quality in the food. Thank you for a special Fathers Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good and well presentedMonsieurCochonDined on 6/15/2014The Gastropub achieves some interesting flavor and texture combinations--I enjoyed my eggs Benedict (on excellent biscuit with lump crab) very much. The server might have been more attentive about coffee cups, though.Special Features:
- Great brunch!NLJAADined on 6/15/2014Delicious French toast. Great kids menu. Good service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ExpectationssilentechoDined on 6/14/2014I went into Victoria's Gastro Pub with high expectations; and I was not disappointed. The ambiance was more sophisticated than I expected, but it was perfect for a quiet evening out. The service was on point, and the cuisine was excellent. Their selection of libations was nearly to the point of overwhelming; but the variety was exceptional. This is definitely a gem of an establishment with fabulous food, drink and service. Well worth the drive and money spent on an evening out with friends or that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableAkinDined on 6/12/2014The dinner was a solid experience. The food was good but the service was great. Our server was always ready to help and made our night so much better than it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been better...BirthdayCelebrationDined on 6/8/2014We've been to Victoria's multiple times and well worth the drive for us. Took first timers to celebrate their wedding and it couldn't have been a better evening. We sat in one of the private booths in the back. Service was superb. Food was excellent - especially the espresso rubbed grilled flat iron steak with smoked cheddar grits! Tried the cheesecake sampler for dessert - plenty to share! VGP - thank you for a great night out.Special Features:
- lovelyluvstoeatgoodfoodDined on 6/8/2014My absolute favorite is the lobster grilled cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brews, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Combo of good food and drink - multiple specialty beers on tap and in bottle, full bar with cocktails. Food pretty solid - good burgers, good entrees - menu is not huge, but that's OK - what they do, they do well. Not a huge spectrum of choices for vegetarians, but we had two in the group who seemed quite satisfied. Also had two kids in tow - although it's not really designed for kids, the staff was quite welcoming, there is a kids' menu, and the kids were happy with their choices. We weren't there for brunch, but there did seem to be a reasonable brunch menu as well.Special Features: