Victoria Gastro Pub
8201 Snowden River Parkway
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Victoria Gastro Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victoriagastropub.com/
- Phone: 4107501880
- Hours of Operation:
We are open until 2am every day, starting at 11am Monday – Friday and 10am Saturday and Sunday.
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Krywucki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two Private Rooms or One Large Private Room to Host All of Your Special Occasions or Corporate Events, up to 80 people for a seated event. Projector with screen and computer connection available.
- Private Party Contact: Tori Marriner 410-750-1880
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Pub Every Sunday from 9:30pm -11:30pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday with free passed hors d’oeuvres from 6pm-7pm.
Monday night is Beer Club night with different brewers promoted and specials offered to members.
All Day Tuesday specialty martinis are 50% OFF.
Wednesday night is Cork Club Night with different wineries promoted and specials offered to members.
All Day Thursday is half off bottles of wine (25% off cellared selection).
Sunday night there is live music in the bar starting at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: We host a beer and wine tasting dinner each month with different breweries and wineries featured. We also host many special events and parties throughout the year. Please check our website for a full listing.
A word from Victoria Gastro Pub
Rated by Baltimore Magazine as the “Best 'Burbs Bar” and a “Brunch Hot Spot”, this is an inviting Pub that will surprise you from the moment you walk through the revolving door. The international cuisine is filled with Chef Joe Krywucki’s twists on classic pub fare. From simple favorites like the Kobe Burger, Lobster Grilled Cheese or the Fish & Chips, to fresh, flavorful entrees that change seasonally, this is a casual Pub that takes its food very seriously. The food is complemented by an international beer list of 24 draughts and over 200 bottles, a focused yet eclectic wine list, fun seasonal cocktails, and a full bar. The warm, inviting dining rooms are filled with antique touches that add to the unique feel. The Peruvian Walnut lined Pub Area is seated on a first-come, first serve basis. All this forms Howard County’s first Gastro Pub!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Victoria Gastro Pub - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Victoria Gastro Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (43)vibrant bar scene (43)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (32)special occasion (31)hot spot (27)romantic (19)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun, "In" PlaceRouxDined on 10/12/2014Victoria's is such a delight - friendly, knowledgeable staff, nice decor. Love the food and going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeEric1245Dined on 10/9/2014Great Beer selection. Because we had child they seated us in separate dining room which was quieter than open areas--to our great pleasure. Outstanding beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLANCE PERSONIFIEDMONKDined on 10/9/2014Once again, Victoria delivered! Entertaining a client who was there for the first time.....she loved the menu selection, ambiance and we had a marvelous time. She wants to come back with her parents next month. Cheers!Special Features:
- Nice eveningmomsnightoutDined on 10/4/2014We were a group of 6 adults and had a great time. It was a little noisy at times, but the food was good and plenty. Great selection of beers and other drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014There were eight of us and everyone was happy with their lunch. Very popular at our table was the lobster grilled cheese sandwich. It really is a winner! Also if you in the mood for a burger they have a really good one here. The Fish and Chips were also enjoyed. Be sure to save room for desserts because they are always delicious. Several us enjoyed the new pumpkin cookies. A visit by the owner to check on us was appreciated. Service is always good here - today was again excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDateDined on 9/29/2014Our experience was outstanding. Our server was very knowledgable and was there before I even knew I needed something. "Psychic".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's DayDJBDAYDined on 9/27/2014We tried this restaurant because it was featured in Baltimore Magazine. The food was delicious - not too overpriced (we went for brunch). Portions were good and the service was nice. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great Beer ListwineguyDined on 9/22/2014The beer list is creative, large, informative and challenging. The food was good, but a little boring.Special Features:
- Always a great lunch!TabithaVIPDined on 9/22/2014My daughter and I meet at Vicltoria's once a month for therapy--Lobster Grilled Cheese sandwich with greens on the side! Our server this time was the BEST!Special Features:
- lovely dinnercbdmcDined on 9/19/2014Caught in traffic, no problem. Loud bar scene but hideaway rooms gave both quiet and family dining special areas. Very versatile. Not an extensive menu but interesting choices. Creative cocktails that packed a punch but did not taste like it. Great home made biscuits! Intriguing special dining events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundGoodTimesDined on 9/18/2014Food is always exceptional. Kid friendly. Food for kids and edible by parents. Special touches like house made pickles and sautéed corn make this place a gem.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good Foodvunn14Dined on 9/1/2014Our waiter, Season, was very attentive and enthusiastic about the food. There weren't a lot of choices for pickier eaters but everyone in my family was pleased with what they had. My husband loved everything - poutine and the lobster grilled cheese. The décor is nice with several different dining areas.Special Features:
- An Outstanding FindRitaDined on 8/30/2014Victoria Gastro Pub is not just a dining experience. Which it is. It is an adventure in dining. The food is always so fresh and amazing. The selection is wonderful from the swordfish steaks to the duck fat fries. But the thing that makes it truly memorable, is the gracious and glorious wait staff. They are funny, enlightning, and treat you like family as soon as you are seated at the table. A truly amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotTanja84Dined on 8/21/2014This was my first time trying their brunch menu during the week. They didn't have many options but they were super accommodating that we had two kids under 4. Their staple lunch menu was awesome though, so you won't be disappointed there. The waiter was patient, attentive and even asked if we had any food allergies or dietary restrictions. So I would totally recommend going here for lunch and dinner. I will have to try their brunch on the weekend one day. Maybe they have a more broad menu then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time a great mealKerrbearDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday dinner for my cousin and she couldn't understand why we were driving an hour when there are perfectly fine restaurants closer. After the poutine, mussels, wagyu burger, and roasted asparagus, she knew why. Loove this place!Special Features:
- Delightful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014I took my daughter to Victoria's for lunch. She's married to a chef and they like to check out restaurants. She was very impressed with the variety of choices on the menu and loved sitting outside. Allie was our server. She was excellent. Her recommendations for menu items were right on. She was very attentive and pleasant; did not hover, but checked on us frequently. Love this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Delicious as usualburgerbabeDined on 8/9/2014The burgers were cooked to perfection, and our waiter fulfilled our request to have our meals come out with a bit of a delay to give us time to fully enjoy our drinks and appetizers without question. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- Duck Fate Fries and breadDiner457Dined on 8/9/2014Pleasant experience. Highlights were duck fat fries and the bread. Dinner was good, but I had to fight with the pork chop to cut it. We dined on the early side with our two grade school kids on a Saturday night. It was summer. We sat indoors and I wish I had worn a parka. It was slow. The waiter was decent. My only minor complaints were in a place that attempts to be an upscale pub, the waiter was unfamiliar with the beer list - it is HUGE, but really. Also, the waiter spent a good deal of time flirting with the hostess. I believe this is geared to beer lovers with money to spend on dinner, not me. I am sure that for you enjoy a variety of beer and above average pub fare this is a great place for a week night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Restaurant!yukisomaDined on 8/9/2014I visited Victoria Gastro Pub for the first time on recommendations from friends and I was not disappointed! Our Server, Stephen, was very nice and accommodating and even had excellent suggestions on food and beer. The place itself is lovely and a bit unexpected for a restaurant sat in a small shopping area. The food was perfect and came out quickly and overall I loved this place!Special Features:
- Great for brunch, ok vegetarian optNYCPHLVIPDined on 8/9/2014The "slings" and booster seat were there for the babies and toddler as discussed on the phone prior to our arrival. The parents were very appreciative. Service was excellent. We all had a great time although the vegetarian options were a bit limited.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemegwDined on 8/1/2014We went to Victoria's for dinner on a Friday evening. Got there before the 7pm cut-off for happy hour deals, but found out that those only apply to those sitting at the bar, not in the dining area. We were a little disappointed, but the food and service made up for it and we would definitely go there again. The food was amazing!! I had the Madeira pasta (without meat) and it was fantastic. The portion size was perfect, not huge but not skimpy either. My husband had the American dip sandwich and loved it. Our waitress (can't remember who it was unfortunately) was really good, check back with us a bunch and had great suggestions in terms of dishes and beers/wines. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- DisappointingSophia621VIPDined on 8/1/2014I went to Victoria a few years ago and was bowled over by the food, service and ambiance. Unfortunately this time, only the ambiance remained stellar. My entree salad was fine but salty. I was seated in a seat that was rather close to a seat at the next table over. Our server brushed, and sometimes bumped, against me throughout the entire meal. She then spilled water on me. This was a business lunch, so really the biggest problem was that, after bringing us the check, our server, despite passing by our table several times, took almost 30 minutes to take our payment. Still love the decor and maybe dinner is still much better.Special Features:
- first time on patio4HiMarksVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been going here since it opened, but this is my first time on the patio. The food was as good as always. They have become so popular that parking has started to become an issue. I drove around twice without being able to find a space, and wound up parking in another lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Food so-so. Great beer list. Decor depressing and quite noisy.
- Great food!TonksDined on 7/26/2014This is our second visit to Victoria Gastro Pub. We discovered it by accident. We were in the area running errands and needed to eat. Much to our surprise, we discovered this wonderful restaurant with great food. They have a huge selection of beers and it's listed by country of origin. Their wine list is rather extensive too. If you decide to go, try the poutine. It's decadent and rich and absolutely enjoyable. I had the angus beef burger and it's one one of the best burgers I ever had. It was cooked to perfection and was juicy and tender. VGP will definitely be on our list of go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique find in ColumbiamoonbellyDined on 7/26/2014I live in Silver Spring but VGP is worth the drive! So far I've been twice, for brunch, but I hope to try dinner soon. The brunch menu is creative and unique, although I wish there were just a couple more options. The adult beverage menu is equally special; I particularly enjoyed the Firefly with Rosemary Wings. I haven't used it yet, but I appreciate the availability of an adults-only dining room.Special Features:
- Great Food Outside, Can't be BeatPaulineDined on 7/24/2014We sat on the patio, with a perfect breeze. Started with an orange concoction from the bar that was tasty without being filling. We all had the lump crab johnnycake as a starter. There was one johnnycake, smothered in lump crab cake, drizzled with a blackberry sweet and sour sauce that had some balsamic hiding in it. We practically licked our plates. Our main was a 10oz pork chop that was cooked to perfection. Tender, succulent, and just as good the second day as it was the first. (I love leftovers.) It was garnished with little bits of country ham and had a nice gravy. Potatoes, zucchini, and summer squash cooked perfectly rounded out the meal. Dessert was a Meyer lemon cream tart with berries. I may go back to get the tart again.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchMimqDined on 7/24/2014We went during Howard County Restaurant Week and found our choices from the special menu. The gazpacho and pasta were both delicious. Reputation for the duck fries is well earned. Service was above and beyond. We enjoyed our lunch very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words: Duck poutineopiumkanobiDined on 7/23/2014The first thing I zeroed-in on the menu was the duck poutine, the Canadian specialty, but this version was with shredded duck. There were two sizes to choose from, and the small was more than enough for two people. The fries were perfectly crisp and it was so delicious, but I wouldn't have minded more gravy. We also ordered one of the daily specials, which was squash blossoms grown from the owner's garden, fried and stuffed with goat cheese. The tangy taste of goat cheese was divine, but texture was lacking, since I was expecting a more crispy texture. For our entrees, my friend got the swiss mushroom burger and I got the black angus burger. Since we were full from the appetizer, I only had a bite of the burger. The meat was very tasty.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMatherDined on 7/22/2014I had another great experience here. It's one of the best restaurants in Howard county with a unique menu and great selection of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaeraeRaeraeDined on 7/21/2014It was a great spot to connect with my friend who was in town. Everything was great except our waitress. I think she was just having a rough time. Everyone else was friendly, light hearted and inviting! Cool spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victoria's Gastro PubDoubleTeeDined on 7/18/2014Good food and an extensive wine and beer list! The server seemed annoyed when we asked questions about the specials when one of our party members had not yet arrived. I get not wanting to repeat it, but she almost had an attitude! Otherwise, the food was delicious with quality ingredients, many of which they grow themselves! It gets very crowded and loud there on a Friday night and parking is a challenge. You MUST have a reservation or you will wait all night! I had a spinach and strawberry salad with goat cheese (awesome) and a drink called Summer Thyme (lemonade with different rums, muddled blackberries and a sprig of thyme) and it was really good. The beer biscuits were good but butter was definetly needed. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but can be betterMikeDined on 7/18/2014Large beer list but very mixed quality; For lunch, smallish cob salad with almost no lettuce and bitter bacon - my two companions declared themselves happy with the mushroom hamburger.
- Ditto!BroccoliVIPDined on 7/18/2014Victoria's always comes through. The food is delicious and the service is always top notch! Can't beat the beer list! Just waiting for the dessert, "Mary's gone Bananas" to return! That should be a staple on the menu!!Special Features:
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This place has a great menu and they execute the food beautifully. Will definitely go back..Special Features:
- Delightful LunchJamesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lunch was delicious! Baby squash blossoms were the appetizer of the day so we tried them. They were outstanding with a light, crisp coating and stuffed with a melted goat cheese filling. The New England Clam Chowder was full of vegetables and tender clams (without any sand). The crab cake was excellent paired with fresh sweet corn kernels in a light lemon cream (not canned creamed corn!). We had two minor complaints: The Arnold Palmers (tea and lemonade) were weak with not much flavor and it was very chilly in the dining rooms. The hostess readily moved us to a warmer location; but, whenever the air turned on, we were very uncomfortable, even wearing long sleeves. Fortunately, sweaters were in the car. Problem solved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French FarePsikee1Dined on 7/11/2014I went here with my mother, sister and nephew to celebrate my sister's birthday. The space was not very crowded as it was the middle of the week (we are all teachers). The food was very good. I was excited to taste the duck fries. We were also pleasantly surprised by the zucchini blossoms stuffed with cheese (apparently from the chef's garden). It was a pleasure to eat there and we would certainly go back for the food alone. The experience was enhanced, however, by the courteous and knowledgeable wait staff. We were all pleased and would, not only go again, but recommend it to friends!Special Features:
- Great beer selection!SC16Dined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is perfect for sampling different beer and enjoying delicious food. As long as you are not a vegetarian or peanut allergic, it's a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch! Went on a Thursday and it was half priced bottles of wine - what a great value. Our server Season was excellent ! Enjoyed the lobster grilled cheese!Special Features:
- Great food, great beerMarylandGirl31Dined on 7/3/2014Victoria is one of our favorites. Food is consistently great and changes seasonally. Always a few vegetarian options. And a great beer list (really, a book if you count bottles).Special Features: