31 Great Jones
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivepointsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122535700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday - 10:30am-3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday - 12:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday - 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday- 5:30pm to 11:00pm Sunday - 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vic's
NOHO's Mediterranean-American where a "stream runs through the middle". It's "feng shui all the way" at this "sexy" "serene" find. Sumptuous fare is served with class. "It goes the extra mile to accommodate you."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vic's reviews from OpenTable diners
- A bit crowded, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012A bit crowded, but the food makes up for it. Their brunch menu is superb and would dine there anytime.Special Features:
- Five Points is a predictablysdinerVIPDined on 11/14/2012Five Points is a predictably good meal. It's not the most exciting place in the city, but it is a great standby. The potato pizza is fabulous. Great cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Loud, but fun. Best brink:WhatwasthatVIPDined on 10/17/2012Loud, but fun. Best brink: The Honey Crisp, which tasted a bit like bourbon infused apple pie. Oysters great. Service is very knowledgable. Best bourbon list in town.Special Features:
- Another dissapointing conglomerateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The smoked salmon eggs benedict had a twinge of ammonia smell/taste to the salmon which was shockingly unpleasant, but the eggs and biscuit as part of the dish was fine. The place was packed on a Sunday brunch at noon, very loud and tables in rows definitely made me feel like I was being slotted into a cafeteria. The main dining room in general has a pretty unappealing atmosphere, tables and chairs packed in to a low lit-room that on a sunny bright day seemed more gloomy and claustraphobic. Our table of 4 was smushed into a corner with two our backs hard against the wall and no where to move. One mixed cocktail came to the table and the pitcher of bloody marys for the 3 of us came a good 20 minutes later. That was really bad and awkwarSpecial Features:
- Okay food, served in an openOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2012Okay food, served in an open and airy dining room that's incredibly noisy. Definitely a brunch place, with signature egg dishes served in cast iron skillets. Forgettable service. Passable food.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunch. Better inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2012Fantastic brunch. Better in the summer when you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Five Points has a great wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Five Points has a great way of turning simple delicious breakfast food into a gourmet experience. The upgraded french toast (chocolate french toast!) and the rich pancakes (lemon ricotta pancakes) were delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. Would be a great place for a breakfast date or a small family brunch, quiet but hip.Special Features:
- Had a brunch here, and foundOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/20/2012Had a brunch here, and found it unremarkable. Food took forever, ie well over an hour, we couldn't track down our waitress to track down our food, and tables arond us were getting served. It also seemed tat the food had been kept hot in the kitchen for a while. Very disappointing. I did like the space though.
- Came here twice, both formay091VIPDined on 4/28/2012Came here twice, both for brunch. It's near NYU which is a fun, vibrant and lively neighborhood. They do offer outdoor seating however both times we were seated indoors. The restaurant space itself is lovely - big space with an extended seating area in the back with high ceilings and a beautiful centerpiece. The one annouying thing about the restaurant is they won't seat you unless your entire party arrives, which can be annouying if one person is running rather behind. All that said, the food portion here is pretty massive so worth the slightly higher than avg price! They also serve really delicious bloody mary's! I'm not a huge brunch person, but from the ones I've been to, this place def serves one of the better bloody mary's!Special Features:
- Five PointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2012Everything about this meal was spot on! Service was fantastic with incredible knowledge about all the menu items, specialty craft beers and wine. It's one of those meals that you have that you just keep talking about. Do yourself a favor and save room for dessert. The Gimme Samoa Cake is perfect for splitting and comes with an incredible buttermilk gelatto.Special Features:
- Consistently good. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2012Consistently good. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- LovelyAndioDined on 12/23/2011I love this place. It's a great room and the service is wonderful. I'll def keep coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing but boisterousDensterDined on 11/12/2011Great food, great service, and we are very particular. We would gladly return. Be careful what time you go, we found it a bit on the noisy side for a romantic dinner for 2. Would be best with a group given its popularity, try going early or late. If energetic is your thing, then go any time. The food was out of this world.Special Features:
- Another over-rated brunchFoodhoundVIPDined on 6/5/2011Another over-rated brunch place in NYC. Who pays $$$$ for Churros when you can tastier, more affordable, and truly authentic Churros in Los Angeles for a tenth of the price? Otherwise, just the standard fare you could make at home with a little effort and work.
- The potato pizza is worth the trip.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/23/2011I think the potato pizza with cheese is why most people come here, and it is so worth it!! A great place to quickly grab a beer and some good food.
- Great all around. You areOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/12/2011Great all around. You are never disappointed and will always want to come back as the menu is seasonal. My favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- I love this place. I've onlyReggieRealEstateDined on 12/2/2010I love this place. I've only gone for brunch (several times) but each time the food has been spot on.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2010This was one of the first places I ate at in NYC and I've been coming here for years. The menu is always fresh and seasonal and the ambiance is very relaxed. I've been for group birthdays, with family friends and on date nights. This is a rare place that is actually good for all of these occassions. See you again very soonSpecial Features:
- Go for Brunch!mrsmartguyVIPDined on 11/6/2010Whenever we return home to New York City we try to make it back to Five Points for brunch. Still one of the best in the city. Long waits (even with reservations sometimes) are made up for with a good bar area to wait, not to mention the payoff at the end with the good food in a pleasant--albeit loud--setting.Special Features:
- Food was better than HundredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2010Food was better than Hundred Acres, and the ambiance and service were fab. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Minor mishap, but otherwise greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2010The lemon ricotta pancakes are to die for! Probably the best pancakes I've ever eaten. Unfortunately my boyfriend ordered them and not me, so I could only snatch a few bites from him here and there. Also dining in the restaurant was Arnold Myint from Top Chef Season 7, so you know the food must be good! The restaurant was very crowded for Sunday brunch, which is probably to be expected. The only downside was that a dining companion had asked how the eggs in her dish were prepared, and requested that they not be runny. She didn't get what she asked for, nor were the eggs any more well cooked when they came out the second time. She ordered something else and the restaurant did not charge us for the egg dish.Special Features:
- Have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2010Have been to this restaurant several times, and always enjoyed it.
- By far one of my favoriteChyalddVIPDined on 9/17/2010By far one of my favorite eatery's in the city. Always fresh and cutting edge. A classic ambiance with the romance of the open kitchen, skylight, plants & the water that flows through the center of the main dining room. The menu is always changing and always perfect. The price is reasonable and the service is warm and friendly. FIVE STARS.Special Features:
- We came here for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2010We came here for our anniversary brunch. We noted that it was our anniversary and all we got was "happy anniversary" from the waitress. Would have been nice to get a complimentary dessert, a lot of the nice restaurants do it.
- I always enjoy meals at FiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2010I always enjoy meals at Five Points. The food is well executed and flavorful without being pretentious. At brunch, I recommend the eggs rancheros, the pork fennel sausage, and tha mac and cheese. The "Morning Refresher" non-alcoholic citrus punch is also fantastic.Special Features:
- Heard great things, and lookedJ2J2014Dined on 7/4/2010Heard great things, and looked forward to enjoying the experience. Very disappointed. Food adequate, service abominable.
- Most of the food was too greasyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2010Most of the food was too greasy for my personal taste but the ambiance was great and it is a beautiful, chic place.
- From DC an was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/23/2010From DC an was recommended by a former New Yorker. Great space, AMAZING brunch!!!Special Features:
- Just the right balance ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2010Just the right balance of great food, pleasant staff, chic atmosphere. Definitely put on the go-to list.
- Service needs to be improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2010Service needs to be improved - on multiple occasions I have found waiters/waitresses not fully aware of items on the menu and had served unintended items.
- This is one of my all timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2010This is one of my all time favorite brunch spots. The decor is simple, yet elegant and the location is great. The food is always fresh and consistent. The staff isn't always the friendliest; however, the food makes up for it.Special Features:
- Best place to hang out onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010Best place to hang out on a sat/ Sunday Brunch with the frens.... food is affordable yet the place is so trendy ... worth waking up on tha weekend early~!~ loved it .... and you guys would love it too.... make sure make a reservation.. esply on a weekend....!~!~!Special Features:
- After hearing such raves aboutFoodieNYCVIPDined on 2/1/2010After hearing such raves about the potato pizza, I was disappointed and found it only average. Other dishes were better, but I found the place slightly overrated.
- Great brunch but make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2010Great brunch but make a reservation - it gets crowdedSpecial Features:
- Was there on a Sunday andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/29/2009Was there on a Sunday and it was very quiet. Food and Ambiance were good. Waiter was not great. Overall its good but would rather go back when busy.
- My favorite brunch spot. BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2009My favorite brunch spot. Best huevos rancheros I've ever had...Special Features:
- Worth the wait for a brunch...nativeNYCDined on 9/20/2009Worth the wait for a brunch... great food, energetic/lively environment... a great experience overall!Special Features:
- Great food and wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2009Great food and wonderful service! I went for my birthday and they helped make it a memorable occasion.Special Features:
- WOOD OVEN PIZZETTE FontinaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2009WOOD OVEN PIZZETTE Fontina cheese, thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes, & white truffle oil Need I say more?????Special Features:
- Hands down the best brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2009Hands down the best brunch food I have had. Every dish is amazing...Special Features: