Vic's Steakhouse at Mayfield Inn & Suites
16615 - 109 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5P 4K8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vic's Steakhouse at Mayfield Inn & Suites
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vicssteakhouse.ca/
- Phone: 7809304062
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andre Theroux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vic's Steakhouse at Mayfield Inn & Suites
For cocktails, a business dinner, or a night on the town... it's Vic's Steakhouse, featuring Canada's finest Certified Angus Premium Cuts. Built on a passion for and dedication to preparing the finest, Vic's is a partnership of distinctly Canadian food influenced by the grill and flavours of our local area, paired with inspiring and affordable wine selections from Canada's top wineries. The Vic's experience is delivered in a premium casual environment that is elegant yet comfortable. Discover your own unique and memorable experience at Vic's Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vic's Steakhouse at Mayfield Inn & Suites reviews from OpenTable diners
- very good steakhouse. SadPopskiVIPDined on 11/30/2012very good steakhouse. Sad to hear they are closing downSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed anniversary DinnerDaveschell7Dined on 11/10/2012Enjoyed anniversary Dinner there, was terrific. Service was excellent, and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- We loved our app, the ProcrastinatoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012We loved our app, the Procrastinator and steak but we were not crazy about the sides. We would go back and would recommend! Our waitress was great was a nice not rushed lovely dinner.
- A Perfect Night Out With Your GirlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Ambiance was perfect. You walk in and you feel invited. Your host is friendly. Our server Mel was great. She was very personable and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was also outstanding. I took my girlfriend and this place was a definite find. We both were pretty hungry so we ordered the special. We both had a 10 oz steak with scallops and prawns. It also had fresh steamed veggies and mashed potatoes on the side. Our steaks were done to perfection. I have asked for medium rare and that's exactly what I got. The meat just melts in your mouth. We also got a bottle of Merlot which just added to the great experience. Pricewise the evening was a little bit more than what I thought but definitely worth it. The service was impeccable. Go there.Special Features:
- we had a great dinner withken0001VIPDined on 10/2/2012we had a great dinner with some friends and we had a great time, excellent service, with two visits of the manager, a very nice wine and even thou the waiting for food was a bit long, it was worthy because the food was very good. In special the halibut steak that I order was done at perfection, and the sides were really good. We had a great great time. Totally recommended =DSpecial Features:
- Awesome tasting food. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Awesome tasting food. Steaks cooked perfectly. Great service. Would go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A superior place to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2012A superior place to go to be pampered both with food and the service. We have been there several times and tried a variety of food on the menue - we have yet to be disappointed. The staff are spetacular and you will have to go far to find better food around.Special Features:
- The server was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012The server was excellent. We would the food took a very long time.Special Features:
- Disappointing and off-puttingGweenyVIPDined on 8/17/2012I am a fan of Vic's, but this last visit was disappointing. Everything seemed a little sloppier and more haphazard than usual. I always appreciate the fact that at Vic's no one feels compelled to persuade me that I shouldn't have my steak well-done. Instead, they just go about making an excellent well-done steak. However, this time, what I got was a VERY pink steak. Also, the asparagus that came with the vegetables was stringy AND mushy. It's not the season for asparagus, so why include it? Again, Vic's asparagus in season is superb. This was disappointing and off-putting.
- good variety of choices, add-on'sJafergDined on 8/4/2012good variety of choices, add-on's a bit pricey but excellent, superb service, quiet relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Very elegant dining, kindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Very elegant dining, kind of a hidden gem. Excellent service. Very classySpecial Features:
- Great for Special Occasion DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2012We went to Vic's for my wife's birthday and the experience was pretty good. My wife and I had dinner here before, but this was the first time my in-laws experienced Vic's. The food was great! And the free Prawn Tuesday was a nice touch to the meal. Our server was great, but it seemed that it took awhile for our drinks and meals to come out. Not that it was too much of a bad thing as it gave us more time to visit. I'll come back for sure, but probably for Wednesday nights for their Prime Rib special (Buy 1 and 2nd 1/2 price).Special Features:
- I won't be back.MickeyVIPDined on 6/6/2012Given the prior reviews I was really looking forward to an outstanding steak. My tenderloin had the texture and taste of a chemical tenderizer, but i was reluctant to return it because i was ravenous. To make it worse, the server completely forgot to place my salad order. While the restaurant manager graciously apologized and offered a complimentary dessert, which was a very good creme brule, it didn't compensate for the other deficiencies. Definitely not worth the high price!
- We were looking for a privateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012We were looking for a private dinner out and found it at Vics!Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Very pleased with Vic's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012This was our first visit to Vic's Steakhouse. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and the food and atmosphere was excellent! The service was very goood as well. The wine was chilled and the steak was cooked to perfection, actually melted in our mouths!! I recommend this to all romantic diners!! Thank you very much Vic's Steakhouse (Mayfield Inn & Suites in Edmonton)Special Features:
- Just S So....SDSueDined on 3/28/2012A special occasion (birthday) brought us to Vic's on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was almost empty but our party of 4 adults were seated next to a table with a busy toddler. Our orders were taken promptly by a friendly waitress. The food arrived in good time but ...this is where we started our disappointment... a prime rib ordered medium well arrived closer to rare and the question asked was is this OK? Well No! When the meat was returned it had obviously been micro-waved to a darker shade. All 4 orders of Prime rib were overly fatty...yes good prime rib is well marbled but this was fat chunks...not a good look in a 7 oz piece of beef. Overall Vic's was just OK not one I would recommend to others.
- They gave us such wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2012They gave us such wonderful service. We went to celebrate our 28th anniversary and could not have picked a better place.Special Features:
- Slow slow slow and average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012Service was extremely slow and somewhat unattentive.Food was good, the atmosphere was dead.
- Waitress was very friendlyChipDined on 2/18/2012Waitress was very friendly and comfortable environment. Despite being there in the latter part of the evening, the kitchen was very slow getting the food out. Waitress was very apologetic and did reduce our bill without us commenting. For a $35 dollar New York the cut seemed fatty and thin and the blackened halibut did not seem that cajun like at all. Wine was good Appetizers goodSpecial Features:
- Appetizers,wine and dessertsKirstenDined on 2/18/2012Appetizers,wine and desserts were OK. Of 6 entrees, 3 were OK. The 3 medium filets were VERY well done. One was cremated. When finally replaced, it was raw inside. Side of crablegs was cold and "meatless". It was replaced. Another side of shrimp was placed on the wrong order and sides of asparagus were overcooked. We were not charged for the one filet or the crab legs. I phoned next day (a week ago) re. this and kept being told that another person (higher up) will call me. To date I have spoken with 3 different people (I had to call each time)- only one, the most recent, returned my call and he said that he would have someone call me the next day. This is now 2 days later. I'm still waiting!!
- we will be back all of us!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012Our party of 18 all enjoyed everything we will be back another time all of us!Special Features:
- the best place in this city !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012the best place in this city time after time! wonderful staff they even turned the lights down low and playing some music we liked on our special day!Special Features:
- best place for steak in Alberta !!AlbertanDined on 1/21/2012Amazing meal! reasonably priced and AMAZING service one of the best places for steak in Alberta!Special Features:
- I had enjoyed Vic's previouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011I had enjoyed Vic's previously so felt it was a great choice for my daughter's birthday and we were not disappointed! Fantastic food, our server Melissa was friendly, professional and attentive, ambiance was quiet for a fairly full restaurant. Would recommend Vic's to anyone looking for a great steak and Canadian wine list!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Vic's offers consistently great food at reasonable prices with great ambience.Special Features:
- Over-all a very enjoyablefordieDined on 10/8/2011Over-all a very enjoyable dining experience. Since it was our first time there, the waiter brought us samples to try. These were very good. Prices to me were very reasonable. Waiter was very helpful in explaining what everything was. Lobster bisque was very tasty. Daughter loved scallops for appettizer. The specialty was Steak Oscar which was ordered by my spouse and daughter and they loved it. Veggies were very good. I had the Ribeye which was very good. Found that the menu had a very good selection. To me this is a step up from the Keg and food is better. The Keg is crowded dining here was quaint. We will definitely go back.
- Would go backRegularDined on 9/24/2011Restaurant had very nice decor, both host and server were very friendly and attentive. Food was very good and it was an overall great experience-would definately go back. Only 2 recommendations: menu online did not match menu in restaurant and both items I was interested in were not available. Parking is difficult to find due to the wedding going on and reserved spaces for the dinner theatre.Special Features:
- The restaurant was quite good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2011The restaurant was quite good, we were unlucky because a party was at the other table which made the restaurant loud. The main entrees were held up as well due to the party, otherwise we would have enjoyed our experience there much more. The food was quite good and the specials were very nice as well. We would go back but because the food is slightly pricier, only for special occasions.Special Features:
- Hidden gem, great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011Steakhouse in a hotel didn't seem like a great place to enjoy great meat, but we were pleasantly surprised. We started with the King Crab legs on special and they were a great deal. Tasty king crab meat with a drizzle of hot butter. Our steaks were excellent. We ordered rare and the steaks came out the way we requested. Service was fantastic, server was on the ball when we needed her and provided great recommendations. Will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2011Really enjoyed the meal and the service by Charlotte.Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011The service and food were incredible! We enjoyed a fabulous steak cooked perfectly and crab legs that were extremely favorful. The waiter was perfect in his advice on dishes and asked questions to make suggestions that were of interest. I will definately be back!Special Features:
- Business DiningFraumacDined on 8/16/2011Always a good plan to bring our business associates. The noise level is great for conversation and the food is always just right but could use a more extensive wine list.
- Great first impression!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2011My wife and I visited Vic's Steakhouse on our anniversary, and we are glad we did! Marc our server was real great, very knowledgeable about the menu and provided outstanding service. The food was great, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- I felt that the service andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2011I felt that the service and the food was very good. I was not impressed that we were seated beside a large group that was very loud and we were unable to visit and enjoy our meal. It appeared that there were other tables farther away from this group that we noticed as the night went on that remained empty and would have been better for our dining enjoyment.
- Dinner and service were excellent..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2011Dinner and service were excellent........ the only complaint we have is that there were 3 gentlemen at another table near us who were very vocal with profanities (swearing) and that made us uneasy as VIC'S is a classy restuarant and we never expected to have to listen to the trash these gentleman were saying, that is the only part that was very disruptive to our meal........... One of the the things we really enjoyed were the Lamb lollipops that were brought to the after we were seated,,, they should be put on your appitizer menu as what an excellent start to the mealSpecial Features:
- This has got to be the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2011This has got to be the best steak I have eaten in a long time. The waiter was attentive but not hovering. i have already reccommended it to my co workers!!!Special Features:
- The ambiance for Vic's wasEar3Dined on 6/3/2011The ambiance for Vic's was great. The kind of place that has the subtle lighting and the steakhouse style decor. The food was very tasty and very well prepared however the cost was more than I expected. They do offer quite a large variety for a steakhouse menu. One in our party had duck, one lamb and the other a recommended steak. I was very pleased with the wait-staff as they were all very attentive and knowledgeable. Little things set it apart from other places in the same category - examples include a free appetizer, interesting home-made butters for the pre-dinner bread and a home-made fruit-chocolate dessert bar instead of a mint with your bill. Honestly the only thing I was disappointed in was the wine list - small and pricey.Special Features:
- Well paced service. KnowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2011Well paced service. Knowledgeable server. I found two ot the three steaks a little cool although they were cooked perfectly. Could use some California wines.
- great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2011great staff they are what really make this place a step above all other steakhouses in this city!Special Features:
- The service was above andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2011The service was above and beyond and the atmosphere was very elegant. The food had amazing flavours. The biggest downfall of the evening was one of the complementary items brought to the table were small portions of steak tartar, delivered with no explanation. Without thinking I began eating one, expecting my fiance to know what it was and leave hers untouched. This however was not the case, she did figure out the main ingredient rather quickly and was not very impressed with the server or me for not telling her sooner. Other than that we had a great evening. The day you get engaged is not one you want to forget and dinner at Vic's was a great way to end the evening and make it a day we will always remember fondly.Special Features: