Vic's on the River
26 East Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Vic's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vicsontheriver.com/
- Phone: 9127211000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Hanson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to enjoy a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bah mitzvah, bat mitzvah, dinner party, luncheon or business meeting in one of our private dining rooms overlooking the Savannah River. Our fifth floor Stoddard Room can seat up to 165 guests at one time and provides two balconies onto which the guests can walk and enjoy the view. Our smaller Dieter’s Den is located on the third floor and can seat as few as 10 and as many as 40 guests for a more intimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Joey McDermott 9127211000
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Nightly 7:00pm to close
A word from Vic's on the River
Vic’s is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic’s menu reflects Savannah’s Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic's on the River - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Vic's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (212)special occasion (207)romantic (168)fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (88)notable wine list (73)good for groups (65)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (49)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (21)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- "Delightful" Dining ExperienceHAT0007Dined on 10/27/2014What a delightful place to enjoy a great meal with people you want to be with. This is what I call a "Come-back" restaurant because whenever in Savannah, GA you want to come-back here and enjoy the meal, great service and food excellence. At times it can get a little noisy with people trying to over-talk each other, but what restaurant doesn't experience that especially when people are having a good time and enjoying themselves. Besides, the piano player helps to overcome some of the people noise and plays some great tunes. The Shrimp "n" Grits are fantastic (they don't get stingy on the shrimp) as well as the Snapper. Both are great Southern dishes done exceptionally well. Love the Ambiance and the food pricing is right. Enjoy your dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on River StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have visited Savannah a few times over the years...mostly for weddings. My impression had always been that the River Street area was great for fish & chips, beer and maybe fried shrimp. Fine dining was best found a few blocks off River Street...in my humble opinion. Well, I was wrong! Vic's on the River was available for my wife, son & DIL to dine on a Saturday evening with only a few hours notice. The food was wonderful with a reasonably wide offering and the wine list more than adequate. I would highly recommend Vic's as an offset to all of the fish & chips that you will eat while sightseeing in Savannah.Special Features:
- Almost Really GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Dined here for our wedding anniversary this past Saturday evening - seated quickly at a nice table for 2....kind of noisy, but we were in a pretty nice spot away from the bigger noise....the menu sounds great but the food ended up just ok....was hoping for much more....might have hit it on an off night; also, the bar for food is set pretty high in Savannah, so our expectations were up there. The service was fine and everyone was very pleasant.
- Double the PleasureTammiDined on 10/24/2014Second opportunity to dine here and it was just as good of an experience this time around! Great service, great food. A lovely surprise at the end with a birthday dessert for my friend. Will recommend this restaurant and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodGerryaDined on 10/24/2014This was my third time there and have never been disappointed. Food, service etc are excellent. Wish I saved room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Savannah find...!!agg714Dined on 10/24/2014Vic's exceeded our expectations. An elegant decore and wonderful seafood entrees made for a great dining experience. Our server, Melonie, provided attentive care. The bar lured us in for a nightcap. Very nice, fun filled evening. Wish this restaurant was near home.........!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shrimp and GritsHoosierLady1Dined on 10/21/2014The fresh shrimp and grits was very good. Our party was seated by a loud group of men who eventually left. All dishes at our table were deemed delicious. Our waiter was a little slow, but he was very busy. A bit pricey, but a neat place to dine.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/21/2014Food was delicious, service very good. One of our best meals in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an off night?JoyceNJDined on 10/20/2014We went there on reviews from open table. We were seated immediately and our server Mary was prompt with our delicious biscuits, water and wine. Salads served promptly too. That's when things went slightly off as our entrees took well over 30 minutes to arrive and by that time I was no longer hungry for my tough NY strip steak and my husband said his salmon was "just ok." Thought the food was pricey for just being ok. Mary was very nice though.
- best in SavanahfavrestDined on 10/20/2014This is by far the best restaurant in Savanah from the service to the food the quality is heads above the competition we use to think the Pink house restaurant was the best but in all honesty there not even close to Vic"s seafoodSpecial Features:
- Thank youBrianDined on 10/19/2014Our party of three had a great meal. We've been many times and this time took our friend who was visiting from England. For entrees we had the swordfish special, the roasted salmon and the roasted chicken. We also tested their amazing desserts which were all wonderful. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatsatisfiedcustomerDined on 10/17/2014Vic's is always a treat when we take out-of-town guests. Service and food are both excellent, and even after several years living here, it's fun to watch the cargo ships going up and down the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite of locals & tourists alikeSavannahDined on 10/17/2014My folks have lived in Savannah for several years and Vic's is on their "go to" list for a modernish treatment of Low Country favorites. Sit outside if the weather is fine. Shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes are stand outs. The trendy kale salad is also good. Steaming biscuits are hard to pass up. We never have room for dessert -- portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Experiencemrswilliamsin05Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I tried Vic's for the first time this weekend, after several recommendations from friends. We made a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. The wait staff was helpful in making suggestions for food and beverages. My husband had the special (a stuffed bass) and I had shrimp and grits. We enjoyed our dinner experience immensely, and will be sure to return on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantFrancesDined on 10/17/2014Restaurant food is amazingly good! I wish there was more views to the river... On another note; the floor is very slippery. I had to walk super slow because almost fell as I walked in. The atmosphere is good. Our server was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I really love this place. They have the best pecan crusted red snapper... it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. My mother had the meatloaf, she LOVED the sauce they put on top...so much so she is going to try to recreate it at home. We ended our meal with the peach ice cream, which was absolutely delicious. This place put a gourmet spin on classic southern favorites, and we both left extremely satisfied. The service was also excellent, we felt well taken care of, and even pampered by our waiter!Special Features:
- Great waitress, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014but the host staff left much to be desired. I know they can be busy, but while discussing a problem, they can at least look up and smile as they ask one to wait. No--they just ignored us. When I asked about another table possibility (it was early evening, and there were many empties), the hostess said she would look, but never came back. So we sat at our wobbly table. Fortunately, the food was good and the waitress wonderful. I am just not sure I will be going back. We have enjoyed Vic's in the past, but the beginning of this visit left us feeling rather unappreciated by anyone who was not expecting a tip.Special Features:
- Nice Evening!BaltimoretoLGDined on 10/16/2014We were in Savannah for two nights to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We had enjoyed our dinner at Vic's a year ago, so we definitely wanted to return for this special occasion! It was great to sit near enough to a window to see the ships come and go on the river - a sight you'll never forget should you be lucky enough to experience it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, great viewPR98765Dined on 10/16/2014Service was excellent. Food was great along with the river front view. Piano entertainment was an added surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceEricVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our food was excellent but I really want to commend the service. Among the best I have experienced in recent years. Our server was perfect on every count, including special dietary needs, remembering special requests, bringing things at just the right time and checking back with us on how we were doing. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and efficient, and overall the atmosphere was excellent. As was the food!Special Features:
- Service was Exceptional!hawiaanDined on 10/12/2014Our server Lyndsay (sp?) was superb. Extemely friendly, professional, knowledgable. I would request her service again.Special Features:
- Outstanding MenujeffyDined on 10/11/2014The appetizers were insanely good. Baked oysters, fried green tomatoes, and crawfish beignets are a must! Fantastic seafood, very fresh. Best service I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Just short of greatJohnSDined on 10/11/2014Reservations at 7:45, seated at 7:45. Service really good without being intrusive. Food was well prepared but not any better than several other nearby places. Steak orders medium rare was quite underdone. A great place to people watch. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This RestaurantsherriberriDined on 10/11/2014The setting is beautiful and right on the river. Mary, our server, was wonderful and made the evening even better. The food was superb. We all had different dishes and each was excellent. I would eat here again for sure next time we are in Savannah. One of our best evenings on the trip.Special Features:
- Tasty shrimp&gritsJunemacDined on 10/11/2014The view was really beautiful - wait staff very accommodating & the food was very flavorful - loved the romantic atmosphere as well! We both had shrimp&grits - it was really tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A busy spot by the riverfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014There is nothing exceptional about this restaurant. The food and décor are average. But, it is jammed packed. The place is priced well.It is located above the river where the slave owners stored their cotton before being placed on the ships. The best part of the meal was the Georgia peach ice cream which was fabulous. Chefs, please cook with less salt. The shrimp was way too salty.Please add lessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 4 thotpafoodcriticsDined on 10/10/2014We are from Pa. Took our Savannah friends here . Everyone enjoyed their meal. The waiter had a great personality. Not a robot like some places. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meatloaf I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Make this a must do for dinner. Meatloaf was amazing, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST AS GOOD THE SECOND TIMEtime2eatDined on 10/10/2014We had visited Savannah last winter and dined one evening at Vic's where we had a great meal. We made reservations to eat there again this trip and are glad we did. I had the pecan crusted grouper which was absolutely delicious. It was a large piece of fish that came out steaming hot. My husband had the cod special which he enjoyed as well. I think that Vic's will be on our list of restaurants to revisit.Special Features:
- Our first visitAndyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Our server James was excellent and the restaurant has a great vibe about it. I tried the meatloaf and was very disappointed to find it Luke warm. It was dealt with very quickly, but just brought back to me re-heated instead of exchanged and even then it was only slightly warmer. The team were very apologetic and gracious, but I leave with this disappointed view of the Chef and how he dealt with the poor delivery of the food.Special Features:
- OutstandingJdporter3Dined on 10/9/2014Recommended by a friend who spends a lot of time in Savannah. We did lunch, and just simple sandwiches were artfully done and right tasty. Very bistro feel. Casual and elegant. Great staff. Belies the notion of a touristy place on the river. Will head back for dinner.Special Features:
- As ever - wonderfulPastaFreakDined on 10/9/2014Vic's is tucked in among several restaurants along River St in Savannah. In fact, if you enter from River St, you go through their coffee shop to an elevator that takes you up to the restaurant. Skip all the other places in River St and go here! The food is amazing, the staff are so very knowledgeable and helpful - all leading to a superb dining experience. We make an annual trip to Savannah with one of the main purposes - having lunch at Vic's! If you are fortunate, Robert will be your server and he is so much fun. He knows how things are made and shares details on the various dishes. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered here! If you like to cook, buy their cookbook; some great recipes from their menu!Special Features:
- Great find!Dendan294Dined on 10/4/2014Nice to have a view over the river and see the large ships.Special Features:
- Raymond6Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful location. Outstanding food and service. Made our trip to Savannah very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!leelee223Dined on 10/4/2014Always a must stop for dining every time I'm in Savannah. Everyone I bring always enjoy the dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peachrootsDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service with a very friendly staff. They have an interesting electronic wine list. It was difficult to decide what to order as every item on the menu looked fabulous. There are several choice tables overlooking the Savannah River. You will definitely enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation dinnerRazzleDined on 10/3/2014We were in town for just one night and dinner at Vic's was the perfect choice. We were seated at the best table in the house right by the window so we could watch the ships coming down the river. The food was really great as was the service.Special Features:
- Great Food! Historic SettingSavannahLocalDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our Meal, My wife had the Flounder, very flavorful and cooked just right. I had the NY Strip, cooked perfect. The music and ambiance is great. My only disappointment, It was our anniversary, we had requested seating by the window for the view, We were seated between the windows by the wall, no view, technically by the window I suppose. Otherwise everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Beautiful place!EatengoodDined on 10/3/2014We loved this beautiful spot. Great view of the river, wonderful food, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLisLibDined on 10/2/2014Service was excellent! Great atmosphere and excellent menu choices. The food was delicious except for the NY strip steak. It was tasty but tough.. Have had much better at other restaurants. Desserts were fabulous. Wine list was good and their house label Chardonnay and pino noir were great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.