Vic's on the River
26 East Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Vic's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vicsontheriver.com/
- Phone: 9127211000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Hanson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to enjoy a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bah mitzvah, bat mitzvah, dinner party, luncheon or business meeting in one of our private dining rooms overlooking the Savannah River. Our fifth floor Stoddard Room can seat up to 165 guests at one time and provides two balconies onto which the guests can walk and enjoy the view. Our smaller Dieter’s Den is located on the third floor and can seat as few as 10 and as many as 40 guests for a more intimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Joey McDermott 9127211000
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Nightly 7:00pm to close
A word from Vic's on the River
Vic’s is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic’s menu reflects Savannah’s Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic's on the River - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Vic's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (213)special occasion (211)romantic (164)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (88)notable wine list (80)good for groups (64)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (46)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Always a treatsatisfiedcustomerDined on 10/17/2014Vic's is always a treat when we take out-of-town guests. Service and food are both excellent, and even after several years living here, it's fun to watch the cargo ships going up and down the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite of locals & tourists alikeSavannahDined on 10/17/2014My folks have lived in Savannah for several years and Vic's is on their "go to" list for a modernish treatment of Low Country favorites. Sit outside if the weather is fine. Shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes are stand outs. The trendy kale salad is also good. Steaming biscuits are hard to pass up. We never have room for dessert -- portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I tried Vic's for the first time this weekend, after several recommendations from friends. We made a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. The wait staff was helpful in making suggestions for food and beverages. My husband had the special (a stuffed bass) and I had shrimp and grits. We enjoyed our dinner experience immensely, and will be sure to return on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Restaurant food is amazingly good! I wish there was more views to the river... On another note; the floor is very slippery. I had to walk super slow because almost fell as I walked in. The atmosphere is good. Our server was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitress, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014but the host staff left much to be desired. I know they can be busy, but while discussing a problem, they can at least look up and smile as they ask one to wait. No--they just ignored us. When I asked about another table possibility (it was early evening, and there were many empties), the hostess said she would look, but never came back. So we sat at our wobbly table. Fortunately, the food was good and the waitress wonderful. I am just not sure I will be going back. We have enjoyed Vic's in the past, but the beginning of this visit left us feeling rather unappreciated by anyone who was not expecting a tip.Special Features:
- Romantic, great viewPR98765Dined on 10/16/2014Service was excellent. Food was great along with the river front view. Piano entertainment was an added surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceEricVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our food was excellent but I really want to commend the service. Among the best I have experienced in recent years. Our server was perfect on every count, including special dietary needs, remembering special requests, bringing things at just the right time and checking back with us on how we were doing. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and efficient, and overall the atmosphere was excellent. As was the food!Special Features:
- Service was Exceptional!hawiaanDined on 10/12/2014Our server Lyndsay (sp?) was superb. Extemely friendly, professional, knowledgable. I would request her service again.Special Features:
- Outstanding MenujeffyDined on 10/11/2014The appetizers were insanely good. Baked oysters, fried green tomatoes, and crawfish beignets are a must! Fantastic seafood, very fresh. Best service I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Just short of greatJohnSDined on 10/11/2014Reservations at 7:45, seated at 7:45. Service really good without being intrusive. Food was well prepared but not any better than several other nearby places. Steak orders medium rare was quite underdone. A great place to people watch. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This RestaurantsherriberriDined on 10/11/2014The setting is beautiful and right on the river. Mary, our server, was wonderful and made the evening even better. The food was superb. We all had different dishes and each was excellent. I would eat here again for sure next time we are in Savannah. One of our best evenings on the trip.Special Features:
- Tasty shrimp&gritsJunemacDined on 10/11/2014The view was really beautiful - wait staff very accommodating & the food was very flavorful - loved the romantic atmosphere as well! We both had shrimp&grits - it was really tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A busy spot by the riverfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014There is nothing exceptional about this restaurant. The food and décor are average. But, it is jammed packed. The place is priced well.It is located above the river where the slave owners stored their cotton before being placed on the ships. The best part of the meal was the Georgia peach ice cream which was fabulous. Chefs, please cook with less salt. The shrimp was way too salty.Please add lessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food 4 thotpafoodcriticsDined on 10/10/2014We are from Pa. Took our Savannah friends here . Everyone enjoyed their meal. The waiter had a great personality. Not a robot like some places. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meatloaf I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Make this a must do for dinner. Meatloaf was amazing, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST AS GOOD THE SECOND TIMEtime2eatDined on 10/10/2014We had visited Savannah last winter and dined one evening at Vic's where we had a great meal. We made reservations to eat there again this trip and are glad we did. I had the pecan crusted grouper which was absolutely delicious. It was a large piece of fish that came out steaming hot. My husband had the cod special which he enjoyed as well. I think that Vic's will be on our list of restaurants to revisit.Special Features:
- Our first visitAndyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Our server James was excellent and the restaurant has a great vibe about it. I tried the meatloaf and was very disappointed to find it Luke warm. It was dealt with very quickly, but just brought back to me re-heated instead of exchanged and even then it was only slightly warmer. The team were very apologetic and gracious, but I leave with this disappointed view of the Chef and how he dealt with the poor delivery of the food.Special Features:
- OutstandingJdporter3Dined on 10/9/2014Recommended by a friend who spends a lot of time in Savannah. We did lunch, and just simple sandwiches were artfully done and right tasty. Very bistro feel. Casual and elegant. Great staff. Belies the notion of a touristy place on the river. Will head back for dinner.Special Features:
- As ever - wonderfulPastaFreakDined on 10/9/2014Vic's is tucked in among several restaurants along River St in Savannah. In fact, if you enter from River St, you go through their coffee shop to an elevator that takes you up to the restaurant. Skip all the other places in River St and go here! The food is amazing, the staff are so very knowledgeable and helpful - all leading to a superb dining experience. We make an annual trip to Savannah with one of the main purposes - having lunch at Vic's! If you are fortunate, Robert will be your server and he is so much fun. He knows how things are made and shares details on the various dishes. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered here! If you like to cook, buy their cookbook; some great recipes from their menu!Special Features:
- Great find!Dendan294Dined on 10/4/2014Nice to have a view over the river and see the large ships.Special Features:
- Raymond6Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful location. Outstanding food and service. Made our trip to Savannah very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!leelee223Dined on 10/4/2014Always a must stop for dining every time I'm in Savannah. Everyone I bring always enjoy the dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peachrootsDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service with a very friendly staff. They have an interesting electronic wine list. It was difficult to decide what to order as every item on the menu looked fabulous. There are several choice tables overlooking the Savannah River. You will definitely enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation dinnerRazzleDined on 10/3/2014We were in town for just one night and dinner at Vic's was the perfect choice. We were seated at the best table in the house right by the window so we could watch the ships coming down the river. The food was really great as was the service.Special Features:
- Great Food! Historic SettingSavannahLocalDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our Meal, My wife had the Flounder, very flavorful and cooked just right. I had the NY Strip, cooked perfect. The music and ambiance is great. My only disappointment, It was our anniversary, we had requested seating by the window for the view, We were seated between the windows by the wall, no view, technically by the window I suppose. Otherwise everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Beautiful place!EatengoodDined on 10/3/2014We loved this beautiful spot. Great view of the river, wonderful food, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLisLibDined on 10/2/2014Service was excellent! Great atmosphere and excellent menu choices. The food was delicious except for the NY strip steak. It was tasty but tough.. Have had much better at other restaurants. Desserts were fabulous. Wine list was good and their house label Chardonnay and pino noir were great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014For the past several years, my wife and I have made it a habit to always have dinner one night at Vic's whenever we travel to Savannah. We have never ever been disappointed. This time was no exception. No matter what meal we order, it is always prepared to perfection. And the service was once again excellent. We recommend Vic's to anyone who is wanting a delicious dinner in Savannah. Oh, and the view of the river is exquisite as well.Special Features:
- Vic's On The RiverGerirxerDined on 10/1/2014We were only in town for one night, so picked this place from TripAdvisor's list. First, the service was excellent. Attentive but not intrusive. Extremely knowledgeable, about the food of course, but he also asked about our hometown and made conversation about our teams. Made several great recommendations. A quiet place when we arrived before 7 but by 8 it was filled and noisy.. Even though we arrived before the crowd, we weren't able to score a window table over the water, so book that early if you want it. Parking is iffy and you have to walk on cobblestones, so women should avoid the stiletto heels. Food was very good, and the experience was worth the price. Gorgeous, historic building with high ceilings and great ambience.Special Features:
- AlgunSteakeaterDined on 10/1/2014This was our 3rd time at Vic's over the past 2 years and once again they did not disappoint. Food and service was excellent. If you like chicken livers the app is fantastic and enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placePeteDined on 9/28/2014I enjoy the great meals I have here. The food is great. The wait staff is great.Special Features:
- Can't stay awayL52094VIPDined on 9/27/2014Our last few visits Savannah include multiple trips to Vic's. The food, service and views are excellent. Lunch in the bar area next to the window can't be beat.Special Features:
- my return visitLilyofFLDined on 9/27/2014I have dined here before and loved it. I was looking forward to my return visit but I was not as impressed with the food. I ordered shrimp and grits and found it a bit bland. The service and ambiance are very good. I will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazingTravisDined on 9/26/2014Our waitress was great and full of energy. My wife made the reservations and the restaurant even remembered it was an anniversary. The appetizer of fried green tomatoes was exquisite. The 14 oz aged steak was mouth watering. For dessert, the waitress came out with a custom dessert (Chocolate mousse cake) with happy anniversary in caramel and chocolate. Great experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AreadDined on 9/26/2014Overpriced. Service was subpar. Food was good, but $48 dollars for a Ribeye, come on. Whatever you do, watch your bill....
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Devoid of the special attributes expected of a >$30 meal. Service was okay. Atmosphere was below average. Food tasted fine, not great. Portions were small. For example 4 scallops for $30... Sides are extra $4 each. There are better meals for to be had in Savannnah for less money.
- Gem in the CityWildoakDined on 9/25/2014Vic's on the River has got to be the best kept secret in Savannah. Always solid in their approach to dining. The wait staff (Specifically Robert our waiter) adds value to our experience...Just the right amount of "service." And then there is the food! A complete delight! MarcSpecial Features:
- Not greatStevenc1317Dined on 9/24/2014My Wife and I ate there on September 25,2014 for our Anniversary and I figured it would be a gem!. Both of our entrees were barely warm, and the place wasn't " in the weeds". The calamari was excellent though for our appetizer, with great flavoring in their unique sauce. Overall, Our Service was great then wine was great( Their in house Pino.But the not hot and bland entree made it not worth it. After eating elsewhere here there are better choices.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDeelectareDined on 9/24/2014My girlfriend's and I had a wonderful dinner with a fantastic river view. All our entrees were amazing and the fried green tomatoes were excellent. We would highly recommend going here if you are looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSadieDined on 9/23/2014Vic's is a great place to eat! The food is fresh and delicious... I always love to go there.Special Features: