Vic's on the River
26 East Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Vic's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vicsontheriver.com/
- Phone: (912) 721-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Hanson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to enjoy a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bah mitzvah, bat mitzvah, dinner party, luncheon or business meeting in one of our private dining rooms overlooking the Savannah River. Our fifth floor Stoddard Room can seat up to 165 guests at one time and provides two balconies onto which the guests can walk and enjoy the view. Our smaller Dieter’s Den is located on the third floor and can seat as few as 10 and as many as 40 guests for a more intimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Joey McDermott 9127211000
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Nightly 7:00pm to close
A word from Vic's on the River
Vic’s is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic’s menu reflects Savannah’s Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic's on the River - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Vic's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (208)special occasion (201)romantic (167)fit for foodies (155)neighborhood gem (98)notable wine list (73)good for groups (68)great for lunch (56)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (23)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Conde was very attentive to our group which included my mom and 5 of her friends. The fried green tomatoes, crawfish beignets and shrimp & grits were everything I hoped for. Detailedl presentation & the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vics is TopsMattDined on 11/15/2014This was not my first time at Vic's and I cannot help but to keep coming back! my wife and I love it...the food is top notch, the wine list is great and you will NEVER leave feeling hungry that is for sure! Every single item in the menu is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner, great serviceEarnestConsumerDined on 11/15/2014Visited for dinner while in town with my wife and two children (14 and 11). Food was good, just not quite 5-star dining. Service was excellent - the unexpected anniversary dessert presentation was a nice touch. We were seated near the bar, which provided a nice view of the boats moving up and down the river but placed us too close to the entertainment - the singer/pianist needed to be "turned down" a few notches so that we could talk at a normal volume. All-in-all, we enjoyed a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceSamrose624Dined on 11/14/2014Vic's on the River was phenomenal. Definitely make a reservation - not because you'll have to wait if you don't have one, but simply for the fact that we didn't have to wait at all with one. The menu had plenty of delicious options, yet I didn't feel overwhelmed. Overall, it was a great experience, great service, and I'd recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeeismoiDined on 11/13/2014took husband for his birthday nice atmosphere live music great staff great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014Loved the atmosphere and the location. However food was a huge disappointment for me. I make better shrimp and grits and it came out warm not hot. The fried green tomatoes were ok, but had too much cheese and tomato relish on them and it smothered the taste. Crab beignets were not good.
- Vic's is Great!SadieDined on 11/12/2014I always smile when I think of Vic's on the River! We have had some wonderful times there with coworkers, friends and family. The food is usually superb, however, today I ordered the collards green and they were too sweet. I told the server and replaced the greens with a side salad. Overall, it was a very good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerBrittRubinDined on 11/10/2014We went to Vic's to celebrate our honeymoon. I made reservations online and requested a nice table with a view. We were given a small table against the wall between the two open tables with a view. I had to request to be moved as it was very uncomfortable being directly against the wall. We still didn't get a view of the river but was better then the wall. We order the Wagyu beef special for $48 each and it was just ok. I could have ordered a much cheaper steak and it would have tasted the same. Overall the food was ok, but not worth the $130 we spent on a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealArabrabDined on 11/9/2014My second visit - fabulous fried green tomatoes to start! Server was fantastic making good recommendations and suggestions. I love coming for lunch since the portions are perfect for me. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad musicbrenkypVIPDined on 11/8/2014they had an awful singer at the time that made our dinner unpleasant. The food was good but the music ruined the evening (we rushed to get out of there!)
- Birthday done right!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Vic's lived up to my expectations once again with it's delicious, tender steak and perfect accompaniments. The highlight of the evening was the surprising birthday finale, a work of art in itself with just the right personal touch! Thank you, Vic's, can't wait to see you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ExperienceRachelMDined on 11/7/2014Vic's was fair - not bad but not great. It felt very touristy and I felt as though we were rushed through dinner. The food was just ok - nothing special. We were hoping for a special evening where we could take our time and enjoy the celebration (we had just gotten engaged a few days before). We were rushed through dinner in less than 50 minutes. Great location and I was expecting historic ambience but I don't think we'll be back since it feels like they are trying to turn tables over fast.Special Features:
- High prices - higher expectationsShannonDined on 11/7/2014We made reservations and I had asked the host for a seat close to the window. He took us to one about 30 feet away from the window, next to some dead plants under a broken light bulb, and said it was the closest to the window he had.. Even though I clearly saw about 6 empty tables that were closer. The one in particular I had my eye on, directly beside the window, was unsat the entire night. Also in the special requests I mentioned it was my husbands birthday. I guess they dont do anything, not even say happy birthday on birthdays. Besides all that the food was great.
- Girls Weekend SuccessRaRaDined on 11/7/2014Took 5 of my closest friends here while we visited Savannah. The staff was very patient with 6 women, made sure all of us had everything we needed and served exceptionally great tasting food. Our waiter went above and beyond the call of duty and my biggest regret is not being able to remember his name to put it in here. I plan to take my husband back here as some couples were enjoying themselves wholeheartedly as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savannah GemSenoritanegraDined on 11/7/2014The service was great, friendly waitress and couldn't believe how fast the food was out. The food was delicious, highly recommend the fried green tomatoes sandwich, fish tacos, and the peach trio for dessert. The view is also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was slowBistroVIPDined on 11/6/2014The service was a little slow, this place was packed full. They have outdoor seating that goes out towards the front, so if you want to see the water, request indoor seating. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Date NiteWillDined on 11/6/2014We have a great date nite here. Excellent view of the Savannah River with ships moving in and out. Food was excellent and staff very friendly. Price was great compared to the quality of the food. Place was full for a Thursday night, so make sure you have a reservation.We will definitely be back for another date nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just ok, food greatBistroVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is a very romantic spot, if you want to sit outside (which seems more casual) you have to reserve with a different hostess not thru Opentable. If you want to sit inside ask for a table by the window overlooking the river. The food was good, the server was overwhelmed. Which the tablets also provided ways to order the drinks not just to look at them.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTouristsDined on 11/4/2014We were a party of 4 and had a table inside at a window overlooking the front patio lit with gas lamps! Our waitress was extremely attentive and her food recommendations were spot on! Between the 4 of us we had the horseradish crusted salmon, the pecan crusted flounder, and the shrimp and grits. The salom and the flounder were just fantastic!!! There was a small exception with the shrimp and grits: a few of the shrimp were over done but the rest of them and the grits were delicious. For dessert the four of us shared the Berry Basket. After our meals we found sharing the dessert was the perfect end to the wonderful meal. Definately will recommend this restaurant and will certainly return when we're visiting Savannah.Special Features:
- Good food but very crowded seatingMamageeDined on 11/4/2014The food was very good, but expensive, prime rib was $48. The seating was much too close no personal space. The waitress was very knowledgeable about all the offerings and how they are prepared. It's extremely noisy so having a conversation was challenging.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodiesfrompaDined on 11/4/2014This was our first time in Savannah, and this restaurant was recommended to us. We had very good meals, and it was very relaxing in there. The steak was one of the best we've ever had! The wait staff was great. We wish we could have had a view of the river, but that wasn't available at the time. Overall, this was a very good restaurant, and we would come back again.Special Features:
- Classy!nicmikDined on 11/1/2014We chose this restaurant because of the great online reviews such as "most booked" and the like. We walked in and it was very nice. Simple, yet elegant. We arrived half an hour earlier than our reservation and were still seated immediately. Our server was very down to earth, available and had some good recommendations. The wine was good, the food was delicious and the prices were not shocking. I had the meatloaf entrée accompanied by a very tasty kale salad, haricots verts and mashed potatoes. I think my date had the grouper or salmon. Nice place! I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- SatisfactionEKFoodyDined on 11/1/2014I am from NY, meaning very picky . I wanted to have a very southern shrimp dish and picked Vic's on the River after looking at those great reviews on Open Table. Great atomosphere and great food. We also had a wonderful server, Robert as a pastry chef originally from NY. He recommendated the Wild Shrimp with grits dish, which was delicately well done. I really enjoyed it. Their biscuits with honey butter was yummy. Robert explained that the owner of Vic's owns the firms, and polutely and honey came from his firm. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveinAtlantaDined on 10/31/2014The dining experience here was fabulous and we'd love to go back again soon. Great seafood, lovely ambiance and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNicki4Dined on 10/31/2014We upped our reservation by a day since we would be leaving town earlier than expected. We arrived at the restaurant at 5:00 p.m. on a weekday. There were many empty tables at that time. We were told we could not have a table with a view because we had not reserved days in advance! (Our original reservation was made more than a week in advance). Our food was very mediocre. The Blue Cheese salad dressing was a disappointment, not worthy of a high end restaurant. I had to send a baked potato back because it was cold and hard. It came back barely warm. My husband ordered the sea bass which was mediocre. Our server did an adequate job. We were very disappointed in the food and the way we were treated. We would not recommend this restaurant.
- docdineDined on 10/30/2014Excellent place to eat. Nice people, great food. was romantic setting for me and my wifeSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food & Historyddj702Dined on 10/29/2014We enjoyed the the food and the service so much. Jan, our server was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Delightful" Dining ExperienceHAT0007Dined on 10/27/2014What a delightful place to enjoy a great meal with people you want to be with. This is what I call a "Come-back" restaurant because whenever in Savannah, GA you want to come-back here and enjoy the meal, great service and food excellence. At times it can get a little noisy with people trying to over-talk each other, but what restaurant doesn't experience that especially when people are having a good time and enjoying themselves. Besides, the piano player helps to overcome some of the people noise and plays some great tunes. The Shrimp "n" Grits are fantastic (they don't get stingy on the shrimp) as well as the Snapper. Both are great Southern dishes done exceptionally well. Love the Ambiance and the food pricing is right. Enjoy your dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on River StreetAtlEdDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have visited Savannah a few times over the years...mostly for weddings. My impression had always been that the River Street area was great for fish & chips, beer and maybe fried shrimp. Fine dining was best found a few blocks off River Street...in my humble opinion. Well, I was wrong! Vic's on the River was available for my wife, son & DIL to dine on a Saturday evening with only a few hours notice. The food was wonderful with a reasonably wide offering and the wine list more than adequate. I would highly recommend Vic's as an offset to all of the fish & chips that you will eat while sightseeing in Savannah.Special Features:
- Almost Really GoodSteveDined on 10/25/2014Dined here for our wedding anniversary this past Saturday evening - seated quickly at a nice table for 2....kind of noisy, but we were in a pretty nice spot away from the bigger noise....the menu sounds great but the food ended up just ok....was hoping for much more....might have hit it on an off night; also, the bar for food is set pretty high in Savannah, so our expectations were up there. The service was fine and everyone was very pleasant.
- Double the PleasureTammiDined on 10/24/2014Second opportunity to dine here and it was just as good of an experience this time around! Great service, great food. A lovely surprise at the end with a birthday dessert for my friend. Will recommend this restaurant and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite must in Savannah!LoriandAntonioCDined on 10/24/2014Can't say enough about this place. The food was wonderful, the service was great and the wine was delicious!Special Features:
- Always good foodGerryaDined on 10/24/2014This was my third time there and have never been disappointed. Food, service etc are excellent. Wish I saved room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Savannah find...!!agg714Dined on 10/24/2014Vic's exceeded our expectations. An elegant decore and wonderful seafood entrees made for a great dining experience. Our server, Melonie, provided attentive care. The bar lured us in for a nightcap. Very nice, fun filled evening. Wish this restaurant was near home.........!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shrimp and GritsHoosierLady1Dined on 10/21/2014The fresh shrimp and grits was very good. Our party was seated by a loud group of men who eventually left. All dishes at our table were deemed delicious. Our waiter was a little slow, but he was very busy. A bit pricey, but a neat place to dine.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/21/2014Food was delicious, service very good. One of our best meals in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an off night?JoyceNJDined on 10/20/2014We went there on reviews from open table. We were seated immediately and our server Mary was prompt with our delicious biscuits, water and wine. Salads served promptly too. That's when things went slightly off as our entrees took well over 30 minutes to arrive and by that time I was no longer hungry for my tough NY strip steak and my husband said his salmon was "just ok." Thought the food was pricey for just being ok. Mary was very nice though.
- best in SavanahfavrestDined on 10/20/2014This is by far the best restaurant in Savanah from the service to the food the quality is heads above the competition we use to think the Pink house restaurant was the best but in all honesty there not even close to Vic"s seafoodSpecial Features:
- Thank youBrianDined on 10/19/2014Our party of three had a great meal. We've been many times and this time took our friend who was visiting from England. For entrees we had the swordfish special, the roasted salmon and the roasted chicken. We also tested their amazing desserts which were all wonderful. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatsatisfiedcustomerDined on 10/17/2014Vic's is always a treat when we take out-of-town guests. Service and food are both excellent, and even after several years living here, it's fun to watch the cargo ships going up and down the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.