Vic's on the River
26 East Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Vic's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vicsontheriver.com/
- Phone: 9127211000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Hanson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to enjoy a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bah mitzvah, bat mitzvah, dinner party, luncheon or business meeting in one of our private dining rooms overlooking the Savannah River. Our fifth floor Stoddard Room can seat up to 165 guests at one time and provides two balconies onto which the guests can walk and enjoy the view. Our smaller Dieter’s Den is located on the third floor and can seat as few as 10 and as many as 40 guests for a more intimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Joey McDermott 9127211000
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Nightly 7:00pm to close
A word from Vic's on the River
Vic’s is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic’s menu reflects Savannah’s Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic's on the River - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Vic's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
324 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (213)special occasion (211)romantic (152)fit for foodies (140)neighborhood gem (90)notable wine list (75)good for groups (57)great for lunch (57)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (41)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (21)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014I enjoy the great meals I have here. The food is great. The wait staff is great.Special Features:
- Can't stay awayL52094VIPDined on 9/27/2014Our last few visits Savannah include multiple trips to Vic's. The food, service and views are excellent. Lunch in the bar area next to the window can't be beat.Special Features:
- my return visitLilyofFLDined on 9/27/2014I have dined here before and loved it. I was looking forward to my return visit but I was not as impressed with the food. I ordered shrimp and grits and found it a bit bland. The service and ambiance are very good. I will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazingTravisDined on 9/26/2014Our waitress was great and full of energy. My wife made the reservations and the restaurant even remembered it was an anniversary. The appetizer of fried green tomatoes was exquisite. The 14 oz aged steak was mouth watering. For dessert, the waitress came out with a custom dessert (Chocolate mousse cake) with happy anniversary in caramel and chocolate. Great experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AreadDined on 9/26/2014Overpriced. Service was subpar. Food was good, but $48 dollars for a Ribeye, come on. Whatever you do, watch your bill....
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Devoid of the special attributes expected of a >$30 meal. Service was okay. Atmosphere was below average. Food tasted fine, not great. Portions were small. For example 4 scallops for $30... Sides are extra $4 each. There are better meals for to be had in Savannnah for less money.
- Gem in the CityWildoakDined on 9/25/2014Vic's on the River has got to be the best kept secret in Savannah. Always solid in their approach to dining. The wait staff (Specifically Robert our waiter) adds value to our experience...Just the right amount of "service." And then there is the food! A complete delight! MarcSpecial Features:
- Not greatStevenc1317Dined on 9/24/2014My Wife and I ate there on September 25,2014 for our Anniversary and I figured it would be a gem!. Both of our entrees were barely warm, and the place wasn't " in the weeds". The calamari was excellent though for our appetizer, with great flavoring in their unique sauce. Overall, Our Service was great then wine was great( Their in house Pino.But the not hot and bland entree made it not worth it. After eating elsewhere here there are better choices.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDeelectareDined on 9/24/2014My girlfriend's and I had a wonderful dinner with a fantastic river view. All our entrees were amazing and the fried green tomatoes were excellent. We would highly recommend going here if you are looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSadieDined on 9/23/2014Vic's is a great place to eat! The food is fresh and delicious... I always love to go there.Special Features:
- Great foodLJCPADined on 9/22/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great staff I will definitely return on my next trip to SavannahSpecial Features:
- GinnyGinnDined on 9/22/2014I got the pleasure of meeting Vic when I walked over to see the historic map. Very friendly gentleman! Made the night even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationKathyDined on 9/21/2014Well prepared food in a scenic location overlooking the Savannah River.Special Features:
- lunchjanjVIPDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed a great lunch on the patio and took our little dog with us. Delightful Great wine list and such good food.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionLocaldiner15Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I chose to go to Vic's for our first wedding anniversary. The ambiance of the restaurant was so romantic and te service was unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b-day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014everything was as good as expected just a wonderful night celebrating my b-day with our close friends thank you kenSpecial Features:
- 27th AnniversaryCollieFlowerGirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Once again we had a great time at Vic's. Our server Kari was THE Best. We were celebrating our anniversary with our best friends & it couldn't have been better!! The fish special, meatloaf & vegetarian dish were all excellent!! The dirty bleu martini was delish too🍸! We keep coming back because Vic's NEVER disappoints....well we were sad that the pulled pork egg rolls were no longer on the menu. They were my husband's favorite appetizer. He was all set to eat 2 orders of them....he was a sad puppy!! 😢😢😢 Nevertheless...we will be back because Vic's is still our favorite even without the pulled pork egg rolls!!!😜Special Features:
- excellentjanjVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was excellent in every way. The server was very knowledgable of wines and she made excellent recommendations. The food was very good and cooked perfectly. The seating is a bit tight due to the room size, but not uncomfortably so. We will certainly go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for private diningGigiVIPDined on 9/18/2014Vic"s handles private dining for groups very well. Attentive service and extensive options for prix fixe menu or off the menu. Amazing wine selections. Definitely make a reservation and in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceMarneMPDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Vic's. It was very reasonably priced fir fine dining. Great food. Great service. The lunch portions are more than enough. I enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Our friends enjoyed the fried oysters and shrimp, crab and oyster stew. We plan to eat here again. Preferably at lunch.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayEddieSDined on 9/17/2014We have been to Vic's several times, never disappointed. The service is awesome. There are always chef's specials and they were fabulous once again. While I can't say there is a favorite dish, foodies will not be disappointed in the selections on the menu or the specials. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great local cuisine!JascDined on 9/17/2014Loved the fried green tomato appetizer! Shrimp and grits was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Oysters on the RiverEddieDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I dined at Vic's on the River for lunch. I found the restaurant on the Internet prior to our trip to Savannah. I was able to view the lunch menu as we planned on dining prior to leaving Savannah in the early afternoon. The seafood stew with shrimp, crab, potatoes and topped with fried oysters looked like a unique dish, especially with the oysters. My wife opted for the fried oysters, homemade cole slaw, and fries. Both dishes were delicious, especially the oysters. They were some of the best I ever had. The waitress said they search for the freshest oysters and the ones we had came from Appalachicola (spelling?). The waitress was wonderful and the view of the river from the 4th floor restaurant beautiful. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic's sets the bar highPudntameDined on 9/14/2014We requested a window view since this was our 40th wedding anniversary, which was granted. The setting, food and service was exceptional and was a great way to end our visit. I remind my wife, "we will always have Vic's on the river".Special Features:
- Watch your billGaxplantDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of two. At the end of meal, we received bill, gave the waitress our card....when waitress gave us back the bill to sign, she had tacked on a greater than 20% tip to the original bill. Bait and switch....watch your wallet.Special Features:
- Excellent Serviceluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014We shared our 6 year wedding anniversary here and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Elegant evening and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itMissmtDined on 9/13/2014All around good experience. They tried to seat us next to the kitchen door and when we requested a different table they quickly and happily complied. The food, wine and service were all excellent. Our group of three had the Tuna special, Wagyu beef and Flounder along with a nice bottle of Earthquake Cab.Special Features:
- A Savannah StandardAverageDinerDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed our meal here. Service was prompt yet not all over us. The food was good, not outstanding. Had always wanted to go here and was not disappointed. There was either a function or just a singer performing in the next room and it was a bit loud. The dessert three peach items was delish. Best part of the meal!Special Features:
- fun placehapyexplorersDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our experience here. The veiw is beautiful, the atmosphere was lively and the pianist was enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy with Mediocre FoodTexans143Dined on 9/9/2014The waitress was artificially friendly and over the top at that. We arrived at 6pm reservation time, which is perhaps 30-45 minutes before the restaurant filled up. It was too noisy for conversation and the waitress had difficulty hearing us. The noise was deafening later when all the tables were full. My wife had shrimp and grits. It was okay but way too many grits and not enough shrimp. I had pan seared rib eye steak cooked medium, which it was. The steak looked like two steaks in one with half of it being the less tender outer ring, but it was as large as the center or main part of a normal rib eye steak. I did not recognize it as a rib eye steak and it was poor quality meat, not tender, not flavorful, at $31 way over-priced!Special Features:
- THE BEST!2loveDined on 9/6/2014We have been visiting Savannah for 10 years. About 7 years ago we discovered Vic's and been going there every time we are in Savannah. I make reservations through Open Table and they have gone above and beyond to make sure we have our special table. Thanks for all the great memmories we have dining at this wonderful restaurant. Special thanks to Jordon for the great service.Special Features:
- FantasticlovetodineoutDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful service. Thanks Mary for enjoyable evening. Food fantastic. Atmosphere romantic especially since we were celebrating our 46th anniversary. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SavannahLocalandlovingitDined on 9/6/2014Vic's on the River is a great eatery with a professional and courteous team to make your evening or late lunch something to remember. BUT do make a reservation if you are dining for dinner "well in advance" or you may be eating around 9:30 pm. Their wine selection is outstanding with all the major top shelf wines. The appetizers & entrees offer a wide range of well prepared and tasty foods. Vic's has been a top choice among many "locals" for all their "special occasions Did I mention that on weekends, they have a piano/singer at the bar who adds to the charm of Vic's. No wonder they are voted "Best in Savannah" year after year.Special Features:
- Unusual location & fantastic foodKarenCVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the baked oysters and crawfish beignets for appetizers, pecan crusted flounder and redfish special, 2 sides and sweet potato creme brulee. All were delicious. Pleasant live music from the 50s and 60s in the background. Spot-on service--not too intrusive but available. This place is busy on the weekends, so make a reservation. Location is between Bay St and River St on the upper level of River. Not too easy to find if you are a tourist. Parking is limited. Walk to the restaurant or use valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnerdaVinciDined on 9/4/2014we have been to Vic's before and it has been very good each time. good choices for apps and entrees, nice wine list. view on the river is a plus if you can get a table by the windows. service very attentive and helpful. it is a bit noisy. wish they would get more comfortable chairs but would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Vic'sRestaurantWeek2014Dined on 9/1/2014Frequent visitor to Vic's. We liked vic's for its diverse menu and good service. We received neither. Vic's used to have great potato croquettes. They are no longer on the menu..replaced with a common baked potato. When I inquired to my server, she said..."oh well, we don't that anymore, sorry" in a who cares attitude. I ordered a NY strip that was dry and gray. my wife ordered the sirloin which was better, but her side was not edible. We told the server...again, she replied in a "sorry" who cares attitude. It seemed that Vic's does not care about repeat business. Since we live in a tourist town, we hate that attitude. We are locals and we go back to places that are good Unfortunately, we probably won't go back.
- Very niceJCDLDined on 8/31/2014This was our second time dining here since last year. Last year we had a table by the window that overlooks the water, this time we had a table that faced the hostess stand it was next to the kitchen. I recommend requesting a table with a view if you make a reservation. I would not like to sit where we sat again, however the seats with views are in open dining room areas where ours was more in the hallway. The food was once again very good. Try the shrimp and grits....excellent! Rashad our server was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must see in SavannahJayBVIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend (who has good taste) recommended Vic's. I was a bit skeptical because the location is in the heart of the touristy area. But i was pleasantly surprised. The food was amazing and great wine list (on an iPad). We made reservations. When we arrived we were seated at a high top table next to the live piano and asked to be moved. They seated us in the dining room in the center of the room near the kitchen door. We moved again. The host was gracious in these requests. The waitress was tired from a double and said so...bit of a turn off. But the food was great. wine list extensive. The service was fair. We hadn't finished our salads before the entrees arrived. Bad form for a nice restaurant. But i do consider all aspects. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Vic's on the Rivernite2rememberDined on 8/31/2014The meal was extremely delicious and the service excellent. Both me and my date enjoyed the extraordinary view while dining. The restaurant was quite busy and the noise level was a bit high (moderate), but we enjoyed ourselves and out conversation nonetheless. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, but particularly to those who might want to celebrate a special occasion. We will be going back at every opportunity.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceArleneDined on 8/30/2014Patrice made our night both fun and special. She was so charming and attentive. The cocktails, dinner and dessert were fantastic. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.