Vicolo Ristorante & Bar
8530 Third Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vicolo Ristorante & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantevicolo.com/
- Phone: (718) 833-0043
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Milone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off Site Catering available for all parties. Please call ahead for details.
A word from Vicolo Ristorante & Bar
Casual Italian regional restaurant and wood fired oven, with full bar and cocktail lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vicolo Ristorante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- A cut aboveLindaCVIPDined on 11/1/2014Vicolo is not your usual Brooklyn Italian restaurant - the service, menu, and food preparation are definitely on a higher level. Ingredients are authentic, fresh, and high quality. The spaghetti al tartufo, prepared tableside with truffles and cream and tossed in a hollowed-out wheel of cheese, is a pleasure both to watch and to eat. Excellent desserts, too - the torta della nonna is a favorite. Bring your appetite - portions are generous. Can be crowded on weekend evenings (it's a popular party place, and rightly so), but lunchtime is beautifully quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodStick66VIPDined on 10/19/2014Not a stranger to this place. Food and service always very good. Squid ink pasta is my favorite here. Try it, you'll like it! NADSpecial Features:
- Cozy Italian placeKatieDined on 8/27/2014Great for groups or couples. Quiet, laid-back ambience. Delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014We have been to Vicolo a few times and it is just delicious. The friendly staff, the valet parking, the great food why go anywhere else in bay ridge. Our waiter Franco was the most friendly waiter we ever had anywhere!! We will continue to return every time we are in areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Vicolo Ristorante & Bar reviews archive.
- Enjoyable supper, pleasant settingAbnerDined on 7/29/2014A group of six including two children, had pizza, salads and pasta, seafood all delicious with very friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Best of Bay RidgeFoodloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I eat here at least 2 times a month. I love the food. There is much attention to fine ingredients. It is our favorite restaurant in Bay Ridge. The specials are creative and change all the time so we are always surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who has a meeting in a restaurant?Jingies4Dined on 7/1/2014We've been here before and everything is always fantastic. The food is better than I remember last time. The service is great. I really like this restaurant. My only complaint is that there was a huge table holding a "chapter" meeting and they were clinging on their glasses and yelling at each other to get their attention. They were speaking extremely loud, more than just the noise of a big group of people, and that basically ruined our dining experience. Apparently they are monthly regulars...so avoid the 1st Tuesday of every month and you should have a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Short Handed StaffJunieviewVIPDined on 6/21/2014The first time I ate there it was with a group and there was a lack of service. Second time we went on a Friday night and was told they didn't expect to be that busy so they were shorthanded staff wise. I tried again yesterday which was a Saturday night. They had a group that was leaving so busy cleaning up and we sat there 15 minutes before someone finally came to ask if we want a drink. We had enough and walked out. It's a shame because their food is really delicious but when there's bad service or lack of it ruins everything.
- Delicious dinnerMrk59VIPDined on 6/15/2014From our first step into the restaurant the service was wonderful. Our meal was delicious and we will definitely return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Inconsistency in one wordOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 4/30/2014We had a party of 7 this night in particular and some of the entrees presented were good.. Others had to be brought back to the kitchen. The pasta they toss with the wheel couldn't be done tableside on this night either... Not good... I really thought I found a neighborhood gem but it's becoming a bit of a see saw ride here and I don't go for that.... 1 more chance in the future to right the ship!
- Would try againshadesDined on 4/20/2014The management were very hands on and appeared organized. Limited menu due to Easter. Stuffed artichoke was good, cannoli was excellent, Dinner portions were very small and the l3 tablespoons of mash potatoes were too little and tasted like a dry mix. The chicken was dry and very thinly cut. The lamb was not enjoyed either. The pasta was good and I would try this restaurant since I met someone I know there and he said he has been there a number of times and always enjoys the food, so I would try it for a late lunch and only recommend it if my experience was better. I would not eat there on a holiday again. It just seems like they really skimped on the main course in the cut and quality of lamb/chicken,
- That special occasionGardozDined on 4/5/2014We have been to Viclo's several times and have never been disappointed. For appetizer try the grilled Spanish octopus. Done just right not rubbery or chewy, just the right amount of bite. Also the spaghetti that in made with truffles and then swirled in a parmesan wheel to develop a creamy sauce , excellent. The servers are very attentive to your every need and friendly. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistency sadlyOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 3/14/2014Everytime we come it has become a slot machine of food. Meaning you might get a winning meal or a disappointing one.. I bragged about this place to friends and even on here after my 1st visit... I brought a party of 7 or 8 last time and certain items had to be sent back to the kitchen. On this particular night they didn't even use the cheese wheel that they prepare tableside for their fettuccine... Sorry I need to step back from here till I see solid reviews. It's a bit sad. I really thought I was going to make this my go to spot for italian in bay ridge...
- love this restaurantpandadocVIPDined on 2/21/2014I have never been disappointed. Food and service are perfect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite in Bay RidgeYolandaDined on 2/15/2014It is so nice to experience a restaurant where you can actually taste the effort and pride that the owners and chef have in their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was very nice at Vicolo. The food was also good. We were a little disppointed in the limited valentines day menu but we were happy with what we chose off of the menu. The man greeting us at the door was a little hovering. Every couple of minutes he would come over to the table and make comments like "oh is it not good" all bc I still had some on my plate. We felt a little rushed because he kept coming over. Our waiter was very nice and supplied great service. We would dine at Vicolo again but not on a holiday.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Found Vicolo after looking for a place central to all our friends. The food was great, as was the service. They let us sit and enjoy dinner and drinks for nearly four hours! The valet service was particularly convenient with snow and ice on the ground.Special Features:
- Not really worth the time or moneysarahbrandongrableDined on 1/15/2014The service was Ok, the food was pretty tasty, but I got a pasta special for $23 and it had hardly any pasta in it, and the shrimps were butterflied, they were small-sized at best. I expected huge shrimp and more fettucine for that price. That entree and one pizza took a long time to eat. It also took a long time to get my change.
- Good but PriceyTheRavenDined on 1/14/2014The food was excellent, pork chop dish was cooked to prefection and very tasty. Two in our party had fish and were also very satisified. I would say the restaurant may have the best Italian food in Bay Ridge, however the prices are a little too high for a Brooklyn neighborhood. I can't see this restaurant becoming a go to place for the area with there current price list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightMikeyboxxVIPDined on 1/11/2014We've dined here multiple times in the past and loved this place everytime! Tonight was not a good experience. The waiter was awkard, the house wine we ordered was slightly off flavor, our dinners came out at different times, and the pasta they normally used for the dish that was late to the table was not the same pasta they used last time. We asked about the pasta and said that is the same pasta they always use. No, its not. We didn't complain because we know how great this restaurant can be and will go again sometime. It's still my favoriate high end Italian restaurant in Bay Ridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing from start to finish!OpenTableVIPVIPDined on 1/10/2014The entire meal was prepared beautifully and tasted delicious. In a neighborhood loaded with Italian restaurants this place truly stands out! Service was spot on and the Tagliolini Al Tartufo & Parmigiano Reggiano is an absolute must to try! It's finished tableside and what look like a small portion is so rich and delicious that it is more than enough! The desserts were also excellent! We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSGS61Dined on 12/28/2013we took our parents for their birthday party. Place is great. Service was outstanding. Food is very good. Restaurant decoration is great and creates comfortable, relaxing evening. Will definitely use it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited 12/2013PeterDined on 12/24/2013Went there on Christmas Eve. Fixed menu so unable to really form an opinion. Frutta di Mare was good. Had theZuppa di Pesce. Serving was small but the dish was flavorful. The veal chop was ordered by someone at the next table and looked huge and very good.Special Features:
- Come for the Tagliolini!OfficeWorkerVIPDined on 12/21/2013Be sure to order the 'Tagliolini al Tartufo & Parmigiano Reggiano' which is prepared table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good servicescatman8869Dined on 12/5/2013The servicer were very good to me and want out of there way to make me feel good and i enjoy the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2013We were there this past saturday night. I called ahead and spoke to Mario to advise is was my dad's birthday. They were expecting us and had set up a very nice table. Our waiter, Andreas was charming and gave great service. The food was really excellent! the calamari was delicious and not chewy, the octopus was fantastic. I had the Pasta with Shaved Truffles it was great and everyone else loved their dishes. We had the special appetizer of Buffalo Mozzerala stuffed with Buffalo Ricotta .... the entire meal was just yummy! They didn't charge a plating fee for the cake! We came in from Manhattan because my parents didn't want to come into the city and I found this restaurant on my open table. It was worth the trip into Bay Ridge Brooklyn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLindaCVIPDined on 11/10/2013Outstanding food - don't miss the tagliolini with truffles & cream, prepared tableside in a giant rind of parmigiano reggiano. We were a group of 10 for a birthday dinner, and not the only large group in the place, but the service remained attentive and excellent. Very convenient valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not My First VisitStick66VIPDined on 11/9/2013A great neighborhood find. I enjoy coming back here from time to time. Nice people, and good food...what more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Bay RidgePaulieGVIPDined on 10/24/2013This is my third time in TWO weeks. By far, this is the best Italian food in Bay Ridge (and possibly the best Italian food I have had in a number of years). I just wish either the portions were a little big bigger or the prices were a little lower. Outstanding menu, good service, nice ambience!Special Features:
- Top Bay Ridge RestaurantPaulieGVIPDined on 10/12/2013Bay Ridge has great restaurants, but Vicolo is among the very top. I have now been there twice. Great service, fantastic food, interesting menu (it's not all penne alla vodka and lasagna -- they have some very interesting regional dishes). I wholeheartedly recommend several items: The fried calamari and seafood salad are excellent. For pasta dishes, the taglione spun in the parmesan wheel is phenomenal. Each different type of seafood in the black squid linguine is so distinct. The meatballs served with several different pasta dishes taste like homemade ones. I am so happy this place is here. A little pricey, but worth it, and better than other Italian restaurants in the area that are of similar price. Nice service too.Special Features:
- Family nightKathyDined on 9/22/2013We arrived while a raucous family party was in process - a baptism celebration - including a comic with a loud mike and a dummy, among other things. The host apologized profusely, but really, because we are out of towners, it was fun to get a taste of this Brooklyn neighborhood. Service was attentive and careful, the food was excellent (though the "special" of beef angus was too pricey at $36). Once the party was over, things quieted down. This was our second time here during our long weekend in NYC. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn neighborhood gemKathyDined on 9/19/2013As out-of-towners, we depended on previous Open Table reviews....we were not disappointed. Friendly service, authentic Italian food, and though a little pricey, well worth it. Even the parking valet attendant was super friendly and thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and staff top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013Our waiter was very attentive. Our water glass never dipped below half. The food was excellent. Desert was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestGardozDined on 9/13/2013My wife and I have been to Vocolo's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is terrific. There have a pasta dish where they take the macaroni and swirl it around in a parmesan wheel with black truffles, not to be missed. There steak Florentine is excellent as was the Bronzino baked in a salt crust. Service was as good as the food. The only downside if there is one is parking can be rough, but they have valet parking id you can't find your own spot. This place is a must go.Special Features:
- our waiter Anthony and managerOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/10/2013our waiter Anthony and manager Mario treated us as though we were visiting royalty. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brick Oven Pizza and moreRachelDined on 6/15/2013I made a res about 30 minutes before we arrived but we had to wait about 10 more min - they had a party that was just leaving. I thought we had to wait because the party was taking up the main dining room - but then we were shown to a table in the sunroom -an enclosed area with views to the street. Maybe we had to wait because there wasn't enough waitstaff - but then we had to wait anyway... Service was not good.... but the food was good. Very good. We had the buffalo mozzarella and mussels to start - both were good. My husband had a chicken marsala, my daughter and I shared the Pizza Vicolo (amazing) and we ordered off the menu (fettuccine with sausage and alfredo sauce) for my son. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2013The food and service at Vicolo was excellent. The waiter was attentive. The food was prepared well and of good quality. The calamari are the best of have eaten. The mozzarella di bufala was fresh. Proportions were good and fairly priced. The owner himself ensured that all was to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Bay RidgeMikeyboxxVIPDined on 5/29/2013We love this restaurant. We can't way to go back and try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseCLB6VIPDined on 5/13/2013There have been a few establishments in this location in recent years, but this one may stick. The sirloin and pork chop were both surprisingly tender and very flavorful. Sides that came with the entrees were minimal, but we enjoyed the meat so much, we didn't mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babiescapotroDined on 5/12/2013they sat us wheremy daughters baby had trays going over his head finally noved baby it was mothersday and crowed but was not baby friendly felt no consideration to babySpecial Features: