216 Old Tappan Rd
Old Tappan, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vicoloristorante.com/
- Phone: 2014978777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Benito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour
A word from Vicolo Ristorante
Patrons of Vicolo Ristorante can expect upscale dishes highlighting the finest of Italian cuisine. Chilean sea bass, homemade ravioli and osso bucco are just a few of the customer favorites. Be sure to save room for dessert, however, because the dining experience won't be complete without tiramisu, Qosja said. The Italian dessert, which translates to "pick me up," does exactly that. "The tiramisu is to die for," he said. "So many people come in and say it's the best tiramisu they've ever had." The fully-staffed, 80-seat restaurant is a popular destination for businessmen and women during lunch hour, and attracts families during dinner hour. Visitors will find a menu stocked with an assortment of appetizers, entrees and side dishes with a variety of flavors, tones and textures, prepared by Chef Benito, and enjoyed in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. "Customers can count on affordable, excellent food and great service," said Qosja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vicolo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Horrible Service!!!HorribleserviceDined on 9/6/2014The worst service I have ever experienced! Servers were not friendly, manager didn't care about what I had to say when I complained that the server was not nice and we had to wait 30 mins for a desert menu.
- Outstanding!!!!!Lizzy2Dined on 9/2/2014What a great place!!!! We got seated. Waiters came oover. Took our drink orders, so we went with Martinis Wow!! Amazing!! We got for appetizers stuffed artickokes hearts, they were out of this world. The fresh Oyster cocktails were so fresh. Dinner I got amazing Rock of Lamb with mushroom sauce. My husband ordered Grilled Scordfish which was Outstanding, he loved it. The live entertainment was another great thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014It was very upsetting as we made an Open Table reservation but got to restaurant and they were closed!
- INCONSISTENTROSYVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had been to Vicolo before and enjoyed the food and ambience, so we invited friends to return with us. This time the food was disappointing, the entrees overcooked and swimming in sauce. We might give it another chance, but we may not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014this was my birthday and I enjoyed being there. ben was a very good host and even has the staff sing happy birthday to me. food was good as usual. had a very good time. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnDined on 6/1/2014Love this place! Very local feel, always a nice bustle to it and the best chicken parm in the area. I know people hate the possibility of waiting (it's mostly regulars who have been going here for YEARS and will get preferential treatment), so head there with a laid back attitude and enjoy the heavy pour they'll give you at the bar. i'm not exactly a regular and i've only been treated like gold with never more than a 10 minute wait.
- Never Againrest2eatDined on 5/23/2014Had a reservation, arrived to a "sour" looking waiter that cleaned off what appeared to be a service type table without a single greeting to us. Sat for over 5 mins waiting for a menu and/or a waiter. Food was fair at best. Waiters do their own bartending which explains the wait time to a degree. Gave the waiter two $25 Restaurant.com certificates toward the check...he took both but applied only one. Returned the other only after we questioned him.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Vicolo Ristorante reviews archive.
- A Surprising FindNJmammaDined on 5/6/2014Chose this restaurant mostly for it's location near Norwood. Met with business associates for a special presentation and was surprised to find that the restaurant was in a strip mall. OK, I thought, let's be open minded. That turned out to not be the only surprise of the evening. The rest were all good. We were seated in a private corner (as requested), the service was very attentive and the food was excellent! Even had dessert, which is not really something that I always go for after a meal. So, go ahead, go there for dinner; bring a friend, bring two. And don't let the "OMG, I am going into a laundrymat" thought pattern keep you from continuing through the door... you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningScotchieDined on 4/26/2014The food was great and the Saturday evening entertainment was outstanding.Special Features:
- Consistently goodGJRNDined on 4/19/2014Vicolo is the type of restaurant that you can count on for a delicious meal. Fresh ingredients, appealing specials, and complimentary grappa at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- bennitoisfabulousDined on 4/19/2014The food excellent, nice presentation as well. The owner Bennito (Benny) greeted us at our table which was very nice. I can't wait to go back again and again. The people working at Vicolo Ristorante try very hard to make their customers happy. We also were asked after the meal if we enjoyed the food. Bravo !Special Features:
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Treated my wife and her two sisters to dinner. Picked the place out of a hat. It is local to one of the sisters. Turned out to be a gem: reasonably priced food, well prepared and presented; affordable wine list with nice selections; friendly hostess and wait staff. And to top it all off, we were treated to the songs of a Met star.........very mellow...........not overpowering.Special Features:
- Good local ItalianPeterDined on 3/2/2014Stopped in on a Sunday night for family dinner. We had a reservation but did not need one as there were plenty of tables. Service was good. Food was very tasty and plentiful. The owner oversaw the dinning room and made sure that we were well taken care of. The homemade pasta's are outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceAprilVIPDined on 2/14/2014We dined at Viccolo for the first time on Valentine's Day. We had a reservation but still had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. We thought the food was wonderful. There was a lot of time between courses and it was difficult getting drink refills, water, a new napkin and finally our check. We actually wanted dessert but we were never offered it. We sat for a good 20 minutes after our dinner plates were cleared and we saw the dessert tray come out many times, just never to our table. We were finally able to flag someone down for our check. I would go back and try it on a night that is less hectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day!veggiegirlDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's Day and we felt lucky to get a last minute reservation at a restaurant we had never been to before....we didn't expect to be so pleasantly surprised. The food was very good quality, except for the balsamic calamari, which would have been better with the dressing served on the side. The salads were huge and delicious! The eggplant was fresh and not over breaded, and the grouper was good. Overall we had a lovely evening...even the house cabernet was well worth $8! We didn't stay for dessert because the line to get in was crazy! Looking forward to going on an average evening ... :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Dining Experience ELizzy2Dined on 2/3/2014First timers, our dining experience exceeded our expectations. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. The food was excellent from appetizer to main course and finally dessert and coffee. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. We will be back for dinner again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out on a Saturday nighthkfromnewcityDined on 1/18/2014First time eating at Vicolo and made a reservation through Open Table, unfortunately I waited about 30 minutes from my reservation time until we were seated.we were tempted to leave, but glad we did not. The food was good, service not rushed and the music enjoyable. We would recommend this restaurant. and will give it another try to see if reservations are more closely held another night. This night it seemed like there were multiple birthdays and that might account for the delay in getting seated. Our one complaint is that this is not a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013Last minute choice for New Years eve dinner with my wife. Very crowded but the crowd was handled well. Regular menu, not a limited choice holiday menu. Food was wonderful as usual. Live entertainment to boot. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseDLabeeDined on 11/9/2013We were a little hesitant at first because this restaurant is located in a strip mall and the decor is not very impressive. We were seated in the "bar" area and felt a little crowded and in the middle of things. However, we were surprised to find that the food was excellent. We had the clams oreganata which were delicious. The chicken with mushrooms was very generous and excellent as was the double cut pork chops, done to perfection. The staff was very attentive. The only complaint is that the red wines are all stored on a top shelf, and since heat rises, our bottle was a little warm. Overall, a good experience and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So I have now been here twicedinnDined on 11/3/2013So I have now been here twice in two weeks. Both times they exceeded my expectations. When you sit they give you a place with olives, cheese, salami, and peppers, as well as bread and olive oil. The waiter came over and shared the specials with us. I had the buffalo mozzerella with roaster peppers and tomatoes which was excellent. The second time I had the stuffed clam, scallop, and shrimp with crab meat. Just as delicious. Both times for the main course I got the scallopini vicolo. Its veal topped with spinach and mozzerella cheese in shrimp sauce. I don't know if it was the shrimp sauce which is sauce and chunks of shrimp which made it amazing, but it was. The prices are a bit high, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlMugsDined on 7/19/2013The food was excellent - had the filet mignon special - fabulous and a huge portion - 10 oz of tender meat cooked to perfection - $27 - a very good price. Their veal dishes were huge and very economical as well. We went for our 16th wedding anniversary and had a great meal. The service was great - 3 different waiters waited on us as they did all the tables - appy to desert with a bottle of wine - for three ( took my child) $120 - pretty darn reasonable if you ask me. Again great ambiance, delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.