192 East Welsh Pool Rd
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vickersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 363-7998
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: Private Events only.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vickers provides on site catering for private functions of 45-135 in our banquet facility. Our on site catering menus include cocktail receptions, plated meals and buffets for wedding receptions, showers, corporate functions, rehearsal dinners and many other private events. Luncheon group menus start at $21, dinner group menus start at $29 and wedding receptions are custom.
Full group menus are online and can always be customized to fit yoru event and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE EVENTS
Vickers is the perfect backdrop for your most intimate events. Our private rooms will give warmth to your showers, add elegance to your engagement parties and exude charm at your anniversary and birthday celebrations. Special menus are available.
For corporate events, Vickers has private rooms for 10-35 and our our spacious ballroom can host from 50-120. This space is perfect for corporate holiday parties, retirement parties, cocktail receptions and seminars and presentations. Group menus to fit every budget.
WEDDINGS & SHOWERS
Adjacent to the historic restaurant is the Plantation Ballroom. It's quiet elegance and grand décor make it the perfect venue for top-notch wedding receptions, baby and bridal showers. Our elegant ballroom can hold up to 135 guests and has an adjacent outdoor space.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Brogan 6103637998x
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live Piano Friday & Saturday Evenings from 6:45-10:00.
Please check our website for special artists.
- Special Events: UPCOMING EVENTS....
WINE TASTING DINNERS
Wild Game & California Wine Tasting Dinner 11/6
HAPPY HOUR M-F 4:30-6:30
with our special discounted bar menu. Bar menu is available on our patio or bar for a more casual evening.
Open Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Mother's Day, Easter
A word from Vickers Restaurant
Vickers Restaurant is the transformed home of famed abolitionist and Chester County potter, John Vickers. Nestled in his original 1820s farmhouse, Vickers is an institution in Chester County known for its authentic vintage cuisine. Vickers Restaurant opened in 1972 and is still one of the only restaurants in the country celebrating these traditional dishes that epitomize luxury and continental glamor. Come in to experience the timeless panache of flambeed Bananas Foster, Steak Diane and Caesar Salad prepared tableside as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers. For something lighter the casual bar menu that includes Kobe Sliders, spinach and artichoke fondue & seared scallops is perfect for a weeknight bite. Outdoor patio opened in the Spring/Summer. Private dining rooms available for 10-135. Corporate menus available. Fireplaces for romantic dinners. Full Bar & wine list available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Vickers Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Exton ›
Vickers Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (34)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellant foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/20142nd time at Vickers. food and service were excellent. our waiter accidentally knocked over my cocktail on the table and my leg when retrieving the menus post order. Not a serious thing. from my perspective. Things happen but I was surprised the manager, maitre d' didn't check on me and/or didn't offer to comp the drink or something. Surprised and a little disappointed- thought that would be a common courtesy. I'll still go back without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & atmosphere, but pushy waiter and slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Upon entering the restaurant we enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and enjoyed the atmosphere and conversation. Once at our table, the service was slow, we waited well over 1/2 hour before even our appetizer order was taken and the server was a bit pushy, even telling a member of our table (who is gluten intolerant and consequently is very knowledgeable about the subject) what gluten-free meant and he was totally wrong. I ordered an appetizer for my wife and I to share and was served one for each of us. Another member of our table didn't even order an appetizer and was served one, which she refused (the waiter insisted that everyone should have an appetizer). I had the bison and it was very good; the rest of our group enjoyed their meals as well, although the portion size of the chicken dinner was small. All in all good food and atmosphere, but a pushy waiter and slow service kind of ruined it for us. I typically prefer and enjoy a 1 or 1 1/2 hour meal; when it gets over 2 hours like this one, it gets a bit painful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyDined on 11/7/2014always enjoyable for bringing family and friends. Food and service among the best in the area!Special Features:
- Fine dinning at it's bestmetman4uVIPDined on 11/1/2014Attention to detail throughout with a very good wine list, fine menu with a large(but not excessive) selection from appetizers , main menu items and succulent deserts. Very relaxed yet attentive atmosphere from staff and it was great for our anniversary. Prices were high , but worth the cost for all with but with a few exceptions. Would highly recommend this restaurant and in the case of the price was worth the fine experience, meals bar, wine list and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, will returnSanatogaDocDined on 11/1/2014The service was great, the bison was superb. Too much red wine vinegar in the table-side prepared Caesar dressing, otherwise no negatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charm with great foodJenTDined on 10/25/2014When was the last time you had a taper candle (real fire!) at your table? Vickers has it. Their food is very straightforward and very delicious. The service was old school - the waiter even took orders from the women first. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Leig2 west chesterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014We had a fantastic dinner, love the cozy yet elegant rooms. Service was outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- B BOLANDbillandlisabDined on 10/24/2014My family has been dining at Vickers for nearly 30 years. Arturo and his wonderful staff make every meal there a memorable one. We have always felt as though we "family" when dining there; the staff takes exceptional care and makes all feel that no request is too large or small. On top of all that, the food has always been exceptional...always a "Special Occasion".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness defined ...JB22VIPDined on 10/23/2014Business dinner with clients on Thursday night. Greeted warmly and treated like royalty at this well established, ultra professional restaurant. Unlike other restaurants, Vickers knows it's the service team complimenting the great kitchen execution is what brings folks back. Whether it's a business dinner, a casual dinner with friends during the week or a special occasion - Vickers answers the question ... where can we go an know the experience will be AWESOME? Sampled the always spectacular lobster ravioli from the menu, the decadent veal chop special and a generous and expertly prepared halibut also from the special menu. Dessert equally memorable with table side Crepes Suzette / and Bananas Foster. Awesomeness defined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PennsegDined on 10/11/2014Menu hadn't realiy changed in the past 25+ years. Food was good, but not great. Service was efficient, but felt rushed. We were in and out in just over an hour for a 3 course meal.
- A local treasurejustatasteDined on 10/11/2014We are lucky to have Vickers on our doorstep. The menu is varied and innovative, the service is consistently excellent, and every dish is presented beautifully, and tastes as good. The wine list also deserves commendation. Well worth trying. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!ATLtransplantDined on 10/9/2014So glad to have found this restaurant close to home. THE best filet bernaise I've had in years and the farmland salad was deliciously fresh. The service was exceptional. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbrobertoDined on 10/4/2014I had a great time. The food was great and my girlfriend loved it as well. It was just about everything i could have asked for that night and more!Special Features:
- mhluvsvickersDined on 9/27/2014One of my favorite country inns. The food & service was excellent and the numerous dining rooms are charming. I would highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Thoroughly EnjoyableMollyDined on 9/12/2014As the title suggests, it was totally enjoyable from start to finish. Loved the food, ambiance and our server was a delight.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecial OccasionKamkDined on 9/8/2014Great restaurant for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-Fashioned Romantic DinnerPCFineDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Vickers serves classics, done perfectly and well, and you'll thank them when you leave. The ambiance screams 'romantic' with the dark wood and the smell of history; it exudes old-money class from every pore. Vickers gave us what we hoped to find -- a nice, romantic dining experience -- and much more, by exceeding our expectations as regards the food and the service. Tableside preparation is old-style, and can be tough to pull off, but Kevin was terrific. A little shy, but he prepared our Caesar salad, steak Diane, and bananas Foster tableside. He was efficient, effective, and gave us a fantastic meal with top-notch service and attention. The duck confit spring rolls... you have to be kidding me!! Delicious. Decadent. Worth every dime!Special Features:
- Special EveningJoanienbDined on 8/18/2014We booked a table at Vicker's to celebrate an anniversary and two birthdays (2 couples). We were all very pleased with our entrees (2 bison, one swiss charr and one scallops. The escargot for appetizers were excellent. The mushroom soup was mediocre. Our server (Jeff) was attentive, friendly and pleasant. Overall, with the exception of the soup, we enjoyed our time at Vicker's and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodDonnaDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner Saturday night, the food was great. I had not been to Vickers for a long time and was pleasantly surprised. The romantic ambiance and the piano player were great. I had the lobster and my husband had the rack of lamb, both were exceptional. The waiter was very good, experienced, but not intrusive. Very lovely evening.Special Features:
- Oldie, but goodiePhillyfoodloverDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Vickers numerous times in the past 30 years. We went recently for our wedding anniversary and were really pleased with the food preparations. The waiters are experienced reminiscent of New Orleans which is a huge compliment. I highly recommend this gem in Exton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014It is nice to have a dinner with the oldies on the menu, such as dover sole meuniere, banana foster, crepe suzette, etc. but overall food was kind of salty and pricey (main course around $40). Wine list is also too expensive (an ok malbec $70). Kind of disappointing.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary over a wonderful dinner and bottle of wine. The food was outstanding and the desert became one of our top all time favorites. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Vickers Restaurant reviews archive.
- Delightful and charmingsmallbutslowDined on 7/26/2014Quaint but very elegant. Outstanding food pairings with superb seasoning and sensible portions. Great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed w/ServiceBA1215Dined on 7/25/2014I was disappointed with our server. He seemed to not know prices of the specials and just couldn't tell give us answer to our questions. But the main thing was we ordered a Ceasar Salad for two which was entirely too wet, had entirely to much lemon. Neither one of us could eat the salad. Took two bites and could not eat any more. The rest of the meal was good. He just wasn't what we expected from Vickers. I have heard a lot about your Restaurant and was looking forward to our service. I am sorry I had to write this but I think you would want to know. I know it is not all you waiters. We just had the wrong one.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerBradDined on 7/22/2014Dined at Vickers on 7/22/14 and had a fabulous meal. The three meals at our table included the Steak Diane, Filet Mignon, and the Crab Cakes. Everyone was quite pleased with the portions and quality of the food. The atmosphere is very charming and the staff is very friendly and engaging. Although I did not see anyone dining outside, the outside area looked intriguing and we are considering a return later this summer to try it out for a late evening meal or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VICKERSJoyceDined on 7/18/2014Always wonderful. Three out of the 4 in our party had the Friday evening lobster special and we all had Caesar Salad made table- side....delicious.Special Features:
- snootyDined on 7/12/2014This was one of the best dining experiences we've had in a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicDinerDDined on 7/5/2014Vickers has been the "fancy" restaurant in our area for as long as I can remember. It's been a number of years since I've been there, and I was thrilled to see it's exactly as wonderful as I remember. The food and service are first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special & DependableSpaetzleDined on 7/5/2014For 40 years, when potter er worked near the entrance, we have always enjoyed our special occasion dinners at Vickers. Our college age grandsons were excited to be invited to an upscale dinner and impressed with the Steak Diane flambeed at the table. Everyone in our party was pleased with their choice. It's also a good place for a quiet leisurely lunch with my husband or a fun time with my Red Hat group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightJimboVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is one of the best spots in the area. Everything meets our expectations and a bonus is the beautiful piano music, restrained and melodic.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedPhillyfoodloverDined on 6/28/2014When we drove into the parking lot, there weren't many cars. It had been many years since we had dined at Vickers. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. Everything was fresh. They do many items table side and each was excellent. They know what they are doing at this Chester County gem. When we left there were more cars and the restaurant had more diners. It is summer and many people are away.Special Features:
- Foodie888VIPDined on 6/19/2014As always the food is excellent The fig appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014We had a delectable, memorable meal, celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary. From appetizers to dessert, this meal was delicious and will be a favorite for a long time to come. You know you had a superb meal when special memories return and you remember the experience. Not only was the food delightful, our server made the evening that more special. We would highly recommend Vickers Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional evening ...JB22VIPDined on 6/14/2014Another stellar performance by the entire team, host, bar, wait, kitchen staff all executed flawlessly in a night that unfolded as elegantly as the atmosphere of this classic dining destination. I had two guests who had traveled up from Wilmington, DE who hadn't experienced the charm of Vickers before, needless to say - they were equally impressed. We dined on table side Caesar salad, table side Steak Diane, the salmon puff pastry, the lobster ravioli and the always dependable rack of lamb. Dessert called for the infamous bananas foster. Like I said, and exceptional evening from an exceptional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningLaissezfareDined on 6/13/2014One of the best spots for a leisurely dinner. Good food, good service, wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating a birthday with a group of 6. Our waiter Jeff was great, he was very friendly engaging, and certainly made the very enjoyable. Great recommendations! Thank you Jeff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lancaster visitorJimboVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have visited and dined here several times and usually enjoy it in all aspects. Last visit was very poor in service...slow in the extreme We plan on returning but hope the service will be better. Nice piano music.Special Features:
- Must visitGO4GREATFOODDined on 5/28/2014Vickers is as good as ever and a must visit. Walk into the authentic tavern setting and have a drink (Scott knows how to run a bar). Enjoy the live piano on weekends. Let the ambience of the "colonial setting" relax you and enjoy great food and wine, Vickers is one of the very best in Chester County and beyond.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary there on the recommendation of a co-worker. Could not have been happier with the food and service.Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Vickers. Service in the dining room and in the bar was prompt, attentive and friendly. All of our selections were delicious. The entrées and desserts prepared tableside are particularly special.Special Features: