192 East Welsh Pool Rd
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vickersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6103637998x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: Private Events only.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vickers provides on site catering for private functions of 45-135 in our banquet facility. Our on site catering menus include cocktail receptions, plated meals and buffets for wedding receptions, showers, corporate functions, rehearsal dinners and many other private events. Luncheon group menus start at $21, dinner group menus start at $29 and wedding receptions are custom.
Full group menus are online and can always be customized to fit yoru event and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE EVENTS
Vickers is the perfect backdrop for your most intimate events. Our private rooms will give warmth to your showers, add elegance to your engagement parties and exude charm at your anniversary and birthday celebrations. Special menus are available.
For corporate events, Vickers has private rooms for 10-35 and our our spacious ballroom can host from 50-120. This space is perfect for corporate holiday parties, retirement parties, cocktail receptions and seminars and presentations. Group menus to fit every budget.
WEDDINGS & SHOWERS
Adjacent to the historic restaurant is the Plantation Ballroom. It's quiet elegance and grand décor make it the perfect venue for top-notch wedding receptions, baby and bridal showers. Our elegant ballroom can hold up to 135 guests and has an adjacent outdoor space.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Brogan 6103637998x
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live Piano Friday & Saturday Evenings from 6:45-10:00.
Please check our website for special artists.
- Special Events: UPCOMING EVENTS....
WINE TASTING DINNERS
French Wine Tasting Dinner 7/15
Italian Wine Tasting Dinner 8/22
South American Wine Tasting Dinner 9/25
Wild Game & California Wine Tasting Dinner 11/6
SUMMER LOBSTER FRIDAYS
HAPPY HOUR M-F 4:30-6:30
with our special discounted bar menu. Bar menu is available on our patio or bar for a more casual evening.
Open Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Mother's Day, Easter
A word from Vickers Restaurant
Vickers Restaurant is the transformed home of famed abolitionist and Chester County potter, John Vickers. Nestled in his original 1820s farmhouse, Vickers is an institution in Chester County known for its authentic vintage cuisine. Vickers Restaurant opened in 1972 and is still one of the only restaurants in the country celebrating these traditional dishes that epitomize luxury and continental glamor. Come in to experience the timeless panache of flambeed Bananas Foster, Steak Diane and Caesar Salad prepared tableside as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers. For something lighter the casual bar menu that includes Kobe Sliders, spinach and artichoke fondue & seared scallops is perfect for a weeknight bite. Outdoor patio opened in the Spring/Summer. Private dining rooms available for 10-135. Corporate menus available. Fireplaces for romantic dinners. Full Bar & wine list available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Vickers Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Exton ›
Vickers Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (28)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PennsegDined on 10/11/2014Menu hadn't realiy changed in the past 25+ years. Food was good, but not great. Service was efficient, but felt rushed. We were in and out in just over an hour for a 3 course meal.
- A local treasurejustatasteDined on 10/11/2014We are lucky to have Vickers on our doorstep. The menu is varied and innovative, the service is consistently excellent, and every dish is presented beautifully, and tastes as good. The wine list also deserves commendation. Well worth trying. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!ATLtransplantDined on 10/9/2014So glad to have found this restaurant close to home. THE best filet bernaise I've had in years and the farmland salad was deliciously fresh. The service was exceptional. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbrobertoDined on 10/4/2014I had a great time. The food was great and my girlfriend loved it as well. It was just about everything i could have asked for that night and more!Special Features:
- mhluvsvickersDined on 9/27/2014One of my favorite country inns. The food & service was excellent and the numerous dining rooms are charming. I would highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Thoroughly EnjoyableMollyDined on 9/12/2014As the title suggests, it was totally enjoyable from start to finish. Loved the food, ambiance and our server was a delight.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecial OccasionKamkDined on 9/8/2014Great restaurant for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-Fashioned Romantic DinnerPCFineDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Vickers serves classics, done perfectly and well, and you'll thank them when you leave. The ambiance screams 'romantic' with the dark wood and the smell of history; it exudes old-money class from every pore. Vickers gave us what we hoped to find -- a nice, romantic dining experience -- and much more, by exceeding our expectations as regards the food and the service. Tableside preparation is old-style, and can be tough to pull off, but Kevin was terrific. A little shy, but he prepared our Caesar salad, steak Diane, and bananas Foster tableside. He was efficient, effective, and gave us a fantastic meal with top-notch service and attention. The duck confit spring rolls... you have to be kidding me!! Delicious. Decadent. Worth every dime!Special Features:
- Special EveningJoanienbDined on 8/18/2014We booked a table at Vicker's to celebrate an anniversary and two birthdays (2 couples). We were all very pleased with our entrees (2 bison, one swiss charr and one scallops. The escargot for appetizers were excellent. The mushroom soup was mediocre. Our server (Jeff) was attentive, friendly and pleasant. Overall, with the exception of the soup, we enjoyed our time at Vicker's and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodDonnaDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner Saturday night, the food was great. I had not been to Vickers for a long time and was pleasantly surprised. The romantic ambiance and the piano player were great. I had the lobster and my husband had the rack of lamb, both were exceptional. The waiter was very good, experienced, but not intrusive. Very lovely evening.Special Features:
- Oldie, but goodiePhillyfoodloverDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at Vickers numerous times in the past 30 years. We went recently for our wedding anniversary and were really pleased with the food preparations. The waiters are experienced reminiscent of New Orleans which is a huge compliment. I highly recommend this gem in Exton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014It is nice to have a dinner with the oldies on the menu, such as dover sole meuniere, banana foster, crepe suzette, etc. but overall food was kind of salty and pricey (main course around $40). Wine list is also too expensive (an ok malbec $70). Kind of disappointing.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary over a wonderful dinner and bottle of wine. The food was outstanding and the desert became one of our top all time favorites. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Delightful and charmingsmallbutslowDined on 7/26/2014Quaint but very elegant. Outstanding food pairings with superb seasoning and sensible portions. Great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed w/ServiceBA1215Dined on 7/25/2014I was disappointed with our server. He seemed to not know prices of the specials and just couldn't tell give us answer to our questions. But the main thing was we ordered a Ceasar Salad for two which was entirely too wet, had entirely to much lemon. Neither one of us could eat the salad. Took two bites and could not eat any more. The rest of the meal was good. He just wasn't what we expected from Vickers. I have heard a lot about your Restaurant and was looking forward to our service. I am sorry I had to write this but I think you would want to know. I know it is not all you waiters. We just had the wrong one.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerBradDined on 7/22/2014Dined at Vickers on 7/22/14 and had a fabulous meal. The three meals at our table included the Steak Diane, Filet Mignon, and the Crab Cakes. Everyone was quite pleased with the portions and quality of the food. The atmosphere is very charming and the staff is very friendly and engaging. Although I did not see anyone dining outside, the outside area looked intriguing and we are considering a return later this summer to try it out for a late evening meal or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VICKERSJoyceDined on 7/18/2014Always wonderful. Three out of the 4 in our party had the Friday evening lobster special and we all had Caesar Salad made table- side....delicious.Special Features:
- snootyDined on 7/12/2014This was one of the best dining experiences we've had in a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicDinerDDined on 7/5/2014Vickers has been the "fancy" restaurant in our area for as long as I can remember. It's been a number of years since I've been there, and I was thrilled to see it's exactly as wonderful as I remember. The food and service are first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special & DependableSpaetzleDined on 7/5/2014For 40 years, when potter er worked near the entrance, we have always enjoyed our special occasion dinners at Vickers. Our college age grandsons were excited to be invited to an upscale dinner and impressed with the Steak Diane flambeed at the table. Everyone in our party was pleased with their choice. It's also a good place for a quiet leisurely lunch with my husband or a fun time with my Red Hat group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightJimboVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is one of the best spots in the area. Everything meets our expectations and a bonus is the beautiful piano music, restrained and melodic.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedPhillyfoodloverDined on 6/28/2014When we drove into the parking lot, there weren't many cars. It had been many years since we had dined at Vickers. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. Everything was fresh. They do many items table side and each was excellent. They know what they are doing at this Chester County gem. When we left there were more cars and the restaurant had more diners. It is summer and many people are away.Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Vickers Restaurant reviews archive.
- Foodie888VIPDined on 6/19/2014As always the food is excellent The fig appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014We had a delectable, memorable meal, celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary. From appetizers to dessert, this meal was delicious and will be a favorite for a long time to come. You know you had a superb meal when special memories return and you remember the experience. Not only was the food delightful, our server made the evening that more special. We would highly recommend Vickers Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional evening ...JB22VIPDined on 6/14/2014Another stellar performance by the entire team, host, bar, wait, kitchen staff all executed flawlessly in a night that unfolded as elegantly as the atmosphere of this classic dining destination. I had two guests who had traveled up from Wilmington, DE who hadn't experienced the charm of Vickers before, needless to say - they were equally impressed. We dined on table side Caesar salad, table side Steak Diane, the salmon puff pastry, the lobster ravioli and the always dependable rack of lamb. Dessert called for the infamous bananas foster. Like I said, and exceptional evening from an exceptional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningLaissezfareDined on 6/13/2014One of the best spots for a leisurely dinner. Good food, good service, wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating a birthday with a group of 6. Our waiter Jeff was great, he was very friendly engaging, and certainly made the very enjoyable. Great recommendations! Thank you Jeff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lancaster visitorJimboVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have visited and dined here several times and usually enjoy it in all aspects. Last visit was very poor in service...slow in the extreme We plan on returning but hope the service will be better. Nice piano music.Special Features:
- Must visitGO4GREATFOODDined on 5/28/2014Vickers is as good as ever and a must visit. Walk into the authentic tavern setting and have a drink (Scott knows how to run a bar). Enjoy the live piano on weekends. Let the ambience of the "colonial setting" relax you and enjoy great food and wine, Vickers is one of the very best in Chester County and beyond.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary there on the recommendation of a co-worker. Could not have been happier with the food and service.Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Vickers. Service in the dining room and in the bar was prompt, attentive and friendly. All of our selections were delicious. The entrées and desserts prepared tableside are particularly special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014Disappointing, after reading such good reviews. We waited at the desk for 10 mins to be addressed for our reservation, and another 10 mins after seating to receive water. Beverage and food orders were similarly dragged out over 30 mins. This was on Mothers' Day with apparently adequate staffing and some empty tables. However, there was a lot of random motion and seemingly disorganized activity by the wait staff. The soups were delicious but the lamb was dry. Desserts were good. Had to keep asking for water and refill of coffee. Large groups appeared to receive much greater attention and service than any of the smaller parties. Not impressed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We loved the upscale colonial restaurant. However, we were very dissapointed in the water's service. It was about twenty minutes before the water gave us any attention. Then it was about forty five minutes before we go our rolls. There were long delays between the courses. We were out celebrating a special night and the poor service deminished an otherwise romantic night out. People who came in after us were served and out the door way before us.Special Features:
- VickersJoyceDined on 5/3/2014Lovely experience. As always food and service outstanding. A wonderful place for a romantic meal or to celebrate a birthday. graduation or anniversarySpecial Features:
- Wonderful-first timeFoodie1Dined on 4/25/2014Wow- we were shocked. Tucked away where you would least expect it. Old world dining that was great- service, food, ambience- special occasions. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Palm SundayJimboVIPDined on 4/12/2014We liked everything about Vickers, it was our first visit but certainly not our last, delightful piano background music at just the right sound level....the waiter, bartender and maitre'de all were friendly and gracious to us.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem..FoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2014At a friends suggestion, we went to dinner at Vickers - what a great place! I cannot believe that I've never been here before despite all the dining I do in/near the Exton area. It is off the beaten track, and maybe that's why... it is a hidden gem! I had the Steak Diane Flambe - what a treat having a tableside fire show! I will say that the portions are on the small side, but with an appetizer or salad before the entree, it makes for a good meal. The service was fantastic and the ambience is lovely - the bar area is intimate, and certainly a great place to sit with friends and enjoy the piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old favoriteEstherDined on 4/1/2014And Old Favorite that continues to be wonderful. hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesmmazzieDined on 3/29/2014Great food and great atmosphere. One of the best in Chester CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect if not for the noisy party.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014My daughter and I enjoyed the dinner very much. It would have been wonderful but there was a party of 4 in the same room who were unpleasantly noisy. It spoiled what would've been a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.