325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viceversanyc.com/
- Phone: 2123999291
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM / 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Terzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from ViceVersa
If there are any two young people who have had the experience it takes to open their own restaurant, these two are it - - and their coming together reads like a story. Franco Lazzari and Stefano Terzi originally met each in the early 90’s while working in New York. At ViceVersa, Franco and Stefano, unveiled their vision for a contemporary Italian restaurant, combining the traditions of their own cultural background with the youth and energy of their years, and the sophistication and experience of their time in major New York City restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ViceVersa reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (33)romantic (29)great for lunch (25)good for groups (19)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always good!VVRegularVIPDined on 9/20/2014Perfect for pre-theater! Reliably delicious, never rushed. Blood orange cosmos!!Special Features:
- Go to placecheeriosVIPDined on 9/19/2014I find myself returning to Vice versa again and again. You can rely on a warm welcome, a great drink, and a very fine meal. The pastas are excellent and the chef does a great job with fish. A well managed restaurant that is always buzzing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vice Versa Doesn't DisappointVickibickiVIPDined on 9/17/2014The men for the price fixed lunch offered a delightful array of tempting dishes. It was difficult to choose from the appetizers and main plates. The chilled cucumber soup was as cooling a taste as it sounds. The pasta filled with veal was sumptuous. I would highly recommend anything on the menu. The venue is very special. It's roomy and bright.Special Features:
- Always PerfectPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. It's dependable in every way -- service, staff, food, ambiance. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeVipaliiiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. Modern Italian food. Finger foods for appetizers was a nice change. Mini arancini's etc. All homemade pastas. My dish was a ziti with a good marinara sauce and tiny lamb meatballs. I'm not a a pasta and meatball guy when I go to Italian restaurants, but this was very very good. Almost went back the next night, but way too many other places to try in NYC. If we lived here we would be regulars.Special Features:
- Great NYC BrunchGaryVIPDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I had brunch before a Sunday theater matinee. The food was very good - we had poached eggs. The service was good as were the prices. But the best thing was that this was not the usual pre-theater insanity that you have to put up with when eating in that part of town. It was quiet and pleasant and we were able to eat in a nice little backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taster12Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service were both excellent. The décor was attractive with restful colors. Highly recommended. My experience could not have been better.Special Features:
- The perfect restaurant!SuzzyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and ambience. Can't wait to make my next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeDined on 9/5/2014I have been going to ViceVersa for a number of years now. They have never dissapointed me. I invited my sister-in-law and once she and I dined at the restaurant whenever she is in the city she asks to go there for dinner and then continue on with our plans for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not a good restaurant.Ndd12Dined on 8/30/2014While traveling in Italy during the summer, an Italian tour guide highly recommended this restaurant in NYC. We were told, this is the best Italian food in Manhattan. In short, it was most disappointing. Poor ambiance and just very regular food. We would not go back.
- ViceVersaRobieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good place to eat before the theater. Nice ambiance and well full or half portions of pasta.
- great placeDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014the food was amazing along with the service. Everything was fresh and modern. Even the bartender was great. Would certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Espectacular abierto hasta tardeFernandoDined on 8/21/2014Espectacular atención abierto hasta tarde lo que es ideal después de musicales e Broadway comida bien preparadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseJamesDined on 8/17/2014This is a quality restaurant that has served theatergoers and others wondefully over the years. The creativity of the chef is amazing even with standard dishes. Brought a small group of well-traveled guests and the results were beyond expectations. One of the best restaurants in the region. Beautiful contemporary decor was a complement to the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed immenselyWiningDined on 8/16/2014Had lunch 3 weeks ago, so I thought my wife would enjoy on a Saturday evening. She really enjoyed the service, ambience, and the food even better. So I was a star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterDebzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was just ok. The veal porterhouse was tasty but fatty and the crab pasta was something an amateur could cook. The homemade pasta was great but the dish itself was unimaginative and the red sauce overpowered any taste of the crab. A lighter sauce would have been perfect. I heard others complain about their food also. Staff was great, place very nice they just need to work on the food. I should mention the cucumber tomato soup was excellent along with their chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/10/2014Over the years I have frequented this solid Italian specialty restaurant. It has always been good and the food is of excellent quality.Special Features:
- Very Vibrant Vice VersagratefulDined on 8/9/2014A lovely place to enjoy fantastic Italian food. The host was darling. We received a warm welcome. Everything was delicious. A beautiful patio. Great wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Endless shaved layers of truffleLisaDDined on 8/7/2014If there was anything unfavorable on the Restaurant Week menu at ViceVersa, the generous slices of truffle on the homemade pasta would erase it all. It was our first time at the restaurant for all three of us. Two ordered from the the Restaurant Week menu and my friend ordered from the regular menu. When our main courses arrived, my friend was greeted by the host and offered freshly sliced truffle on his homemade pasta. It was the most generous layers of shaved truffle I have ever seen. All I can say, "ViceVersa is heavenly." I would highly recommend.
- Restaurant weekbeachgirlDined on 8/7/2014Nice me use selection for restaurant week. Good happy hour. Also good location for theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerPattiDined on 8/3/2014Went to Vice versa on a Sunday night. Loved that it was a small neighborhood feel in middle of NYC. Nice wine selection. The bus service was excellent, the waiter seemed a little overwhelmed so slow in taking order etc. which is why I gave service 3STAR. Loved the food - fresh and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014It's been some time since my last visit and I'm pleased to say it's as good as remembered. Met for brunch prior to a matinee and could not have been happier. Attentive, warm staff. While I would have loved to sit in the garden, it was too humid. If you have the chance, ask to be seated there. Had the whipped egg white omelette. Everyone in the restaurant stopped talking when it arrived. Looked like a baked alaska and filled the entire plate. Glad the bread was under it--added some body. Tasted yummy. Black truffle and parmesan fondue added zip. One of my companions had the pancakes and loved them. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findInJestDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, pleasant ambiance, attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The decor and ambiance are amazing. The service outstanding! The food was expertly prepared. The scallops were delicious. I had the Arctic Char which I love and this was excellent. Not as good as mine but excellent none the less. We had friends from Florida that joined us and loved it. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Not As Good As I Rememberedjaybird51VIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had eaten here about 4 yrs ago and enjoyed it. It's restaurant week, I had selections from that prix fix menu; my husband ordered off of the regular menu. Beet carpaccio with cheese and greens, very bland, no dressing that I could taste. Rosemary lamb with polenta was overcooked, tough pieces of lamb in a brown sauce, no discernible rosemary or other herbs tasted, the polenta round was the best thing on the plate. Dessert was a pistachio cake with a blueberry coulis, which was good. Calamari and artichoke appetizer and steak, both were ok. Restaurant wasn't full, as is usually the case with the good restaurants on Saturday night, pre-theater. Probably won't go here again since there are so many other choices in the area.
- Service was greatTristesseDined on 7/26/2014Very attentive staff. I came for pre-theater dinner during restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetitoGrubnomiDined on 7/23/2014The pollo milanese has the perfect crisp to its breaded coat. Accompanied by vivacious greens and plump slices of tomato, this dish made for a delicious, summer afternoon lunch.Special Features:
- experienceddinerDined on 7/20/2014OUR WAITER, CHRISTOPHER WAS OUTSTANDING, ATTENTIVE, KNOWLEDGEABLE OF MENU, WARM & FRIENDLY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS MOST PLEASANT, FOOD VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant BrunchGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Three ladies doing brunch enjoyed a satisfying experience. We all enjoyed what we ordered and the menus variety pleased our varied desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGirlDined on 7/11/2014We entertained a business associate from out of town prior to a show in the theatre district. Timing was perfect, food was excellent -- and the pear martini was WONDERFUL! :) We had a lovely time and would recommend the restaurant highly.
- xczechlilDined on 7/10/2014pleasant, well paced, good food, great location and perfect non obtrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialStevieMacVIPDined on 7/9/2014If I lived close-by I'd eat here every night-Everything about this place is constantly perfect, and it's young and cool and hip and elegant all at the same time. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Delicious!NYCGeraldDined on 7/6/2014Vice Versa has become our favorite place for special celebrations.Special Features:
- good butcjr2VIPDined on 6/29/2014the arancini were great as were the scallops but the escarole was stringy with too much garlic and oil...for $28 sides with the scallops should also include a carb ...either potatoes or pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itNeighborhoodgemVIPDined on 6/29/2014It's my second time and I loved it. The staff is very attentive and nice. Food was good and we had amazing bellinis. Recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater lunchlisa515VIPDined on 6/24/2014WE had a great pre-theater dinner at Vice Versa. Pastas were very inventive--and delicious--and salads were fresh, with interesting combinations and nicely plated. Great service. We didn't feel rushed, but they got us out in plenty of time for the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Very nice backyard garden and excellent food. Great place to enjoy lunch or dinner outside this summer.Special Features:
- Unexpectably goodBarbVIPDined on 6/20/2014We ate lunch in their outdoor garden, shaded by big umbrellas, and although there was some noise from an air conditioner, the ambience was calm and beautiful, and the food was so much better than I expected. Wonderful hearts of palm salad, delicious juicy swordfish. A great place for lunch. The inside room is very attractive, too. We're going to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater gemPeachyDined on 6/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner before a play on Broadway . The wait staff was very friendly and professional . When we were seated they asked if we were seeing a play and timed our dinner perfectly. The food was fabulous too! A real find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good lunchRlagnadoVIPDined on 6/19/2014Nothing negative to say about this place, the look, service and food all delivered.Special Features: