325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viceversanyc.com/
- Phone: 2123999291
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM / 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Terzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from ViceVersa
If there are any two young people who have had the experience it takes to open their own restaurant, these two are it - - and their coming together reads like a story. Franco Lazzari and Stefano Terzi originally met each in the early 90’s while working in New York. At ViceVersa, Franco and Stefano, unveiled their vision for a contemporary Italian restaurant, combining the traditions of their own cultural background with the youth and energy of their years, and the sophistication and experience of their time in major New York City restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ViceVersa reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (34)romantic (30)good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Theatre District HavenmayaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Once you walk in the door from the hustle and bustle of the street you are immediately transported to an oasis of fine food, abundant drinks and wonderful service. Everything was festive and perfect.Special Features:
- clintonfoodieDined on 10/12/2014As always, a delicious meal, very comfortable ambiance and an outstanding staffSpecial Features:
- Theater DistrictonpointeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful restaurant - a new theater district fave. Excellent fresh pasta, and everything else was creative and well-prepared.Special Features:
- Will returnFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Both the service and food were excellent! Much more than just pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014Great food and service; a perfect spot pre theater. The only issue is the noise level; better if ypur tabkenis off to the side but still loud. Nonetheless, it is an enjoyable experience and the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful vibe!siculamenteDined on 10/3/2014food very good, service attentive and warm. I went for my first year anniversary and they made it special! Franco the GM and Stefano the Chef know how to run a business! bravi! can't wait to go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience as AlwaysjpirontiDined on 10/2/2014The Vice Versa team never ceases to impress me. They are always very welcoming and the service is excellent. It is white truffle season and they where more then generous in their serving of truffles in their amazing Parmesan risotto. Their signature cookies are always a great way to provide one last wonderful surprise to my guests as well. Whenever I want to impress a client when I am in NYC I am sure to bring them here for dinner.Special Features:
- A find in the theater districtsavvyDined on 10/1/2014Good service, good food, good ambience...what better way to set up a good evening at the theater?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta, pasta, pasta!Just5ofusDined on 9/30/2014Great food. Love their pasta. not a frequent visitor, but always happy when I come. also, noticeable great service.Special Features:
- Great placeRainDined on 9/28/2014I have come back to ViceVersa often. It has everything I look for in a restaurant. Good food. Lovely ambiance. Noise level at a comfortable level and attentive service. It isn't inexpensive but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-theatre DinnerLeerobert7195Dined on 9/27/2014My partner and I have been to ViceVersa many times so it was a no-brainer to book the restaurant for pre-theatre dinner for two for his birthday night out. Service was attentive, cocktails & cicchetti well done and excellent house-made pasta. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerRLBDMDVIPDined on 9/26/2014Everything was seamless, delicious and beautiful. Service, food ambiance. Don't miss the blood orange martini. We are looking forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:
- Vice Versa is 15 years old!KnitterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We started eating here when they first opened, but had not been back for a few years. the newly renovated space is elegant, and serene. Service was top notch and plentiful. Great wines by the glass. Our app, calamari over radicchio, and mains, scallops and swordfish were all cooked perfectly. We highly recommend walking the extra block on 51 street to eat here! We look forward to returning. Overall, a wonderful night before theater.Special Features:
- Always good!VVRegularVIPDined on 9/20/2014Perfect for pre-theater! Reliably delicious, never rushed. Blood orange cosmos!!Special Features:
- Go to placecheeriosVIPDined on 9/19/2014I find myself returning to Vice versa again and again. You can rely on a warm welcome, a great drink, and a very fine meal. The pastas are excellent and the chef does a great job with fish. A well managed restaurant that is always buzzing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vice Versa Doesn't DisappointVickibickiVIPDined on 9/17/2014The men for the price fixed lunch offered a delightful array of tempting dishes. It was difficult to choose from the appetizers and main plates. The chilled cucumber soup was as cooling a taste as it sounds. The pasta filled with veal was sumptuous. I would highly recommend anything on the menu. The venue is very special. It's roomy and bright.Special Features:
- Always PerfectPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. It's dependable in every way -- service, staff, food, ambiance. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeVipaliiiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. Modern Italian food. Finger foods for appetizers was a nice change. Mini arancini's etc. All homemade pastas. My dish was a ziti with a good marinara sauce and tiny lamb meatballs. I'm not a a pasta and meatball guy when I go to Italian restaurants, but this was very very good. Almost went back the next night, but way too many other places to try in NYC. If we lived here we would be regulars.Special Features:
- Great NYC BrunchGaryVIPDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I had brunch before a Sunday theater matinee. The food was very good - we had poached eggs. The service was good as were the prices. But the best thing was that this was not the usual pre-theater insanity that you have to put up with when eating in that part of town. It was quiet and pleasant and we were able to eat in a nice little backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taster12Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service were both excellent. The décor was attractive with restful colors. Highly recommended. My experience could not have been better.Special Features:
- The perfect restaurant!SuzzyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and ambience. Can't wait to make my next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeDined on 9/5/2014I have been going to ViceVersa for a number of years now. They have never dissapointed me. I invited my sister-in-law and once she and I dined at the restaurant whenever she is in the city she asks to go there for dinner and then continue on with our plans for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not a good restaurant.Ndd12Dined on 8/30/2014While traveling in Italy during the summer, an Italian tour guide highly recommended this restaurant in NYC. We were told, this is the best Italian food in Manhattan. In short, it was most disappointing. Poor ambiance and just very regular food. We would not go back.
- ViceVersaRobieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good place to eat before the theater. Nice ambiance and well full or half portions of pasta.
- great placeDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014the food was amazing along with the service. Everything was fresh and modern. Even the bartender was great. Would certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Espectacular abierto hasta tardeFernandoDined on 8/21/2014Espectacular atención abierto hasta tarde lo que es ideal después de musicales e Broadway comida bien preparadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseJamesDined on 8/17/2014This is a quality restaurant that has served theatergoers and others wondefully over the years. The creativity of the chef is amazing even with standard dishes. Brought a small group of well-traveled guests and the results were beyond expectations. One of the best restaurants in the region. Beautiful contemporary decor was a complement to the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed immenselyWiningDined on 8/16/2014Had lunch 3 weeks ago, so I thought my wife would enjoy on a Saturday evening. She really enjoyed the service, ambience, and the food even better. So I was a star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterDebzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was just ok. The veal porterhouse was tasty but fatty and the crab pasta was something an amateur could cook. The homemade pasta was great but the dish itself was unimaginative and the red sauce overpowered any taste of the crab. A lighter sauce would have been perfect. I heard others complain about their food also. Staff was great, place very nice they just need to work on the food. I should mention the cucumber tomato soup was excellent along with their chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/10/2014Over the years I have frequented this solid Italian specialty restaurant. It has always been good and the food is of excellent quality.Special Features:
- Very Vibrant Vice VersagratefulDined on 8/9/2014A lovely place to enjoy fantastic Italian food. The host was darling. We received a warm welcome. Everything was delicious. A beautiful patio. Great wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Endless shaved layers of truffleLisaDDined on 8/7/2014If there was anything unfavorable on the Restaurant Week menu at ViceVersa, the generous slices of truffle on the homemade pasta would erase it all. It was our first time at the restaurant for all three of us. Two ordered from the the Restaurant Week menu and my friend ordered from the regular menu. When our main courses arrived, my friend was greeted by the host and offered freshly sliced truffle on his homemade pasta. It was the most generous layers of shaved truffle I have ever seen. All I can say, "ViceVersa is heavenly." I would highly recommend.
- Restaurant weekbeachgirlDined on 8/7/2014Nice me use selection for restaurant week. Good happy hour. Also good location for theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerPattiDined on 8/3/2014Went to Vice versa on a Sunday night. Loved that it was a small neighborhood feel in middle of NYC. Nice wine selection. The bus service was excellent, the waiter seemed a little overwhelmed so slow in taking order etc. which is why I gave service 3STAR. Loved the food - fresh and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014It's been some time since my last visit and I'm pleased to say it's as good as remembered. Met for brunch prior to a matinee and could not have been happier. Attentive, warm staff. While I would have loved to sit in the garden, it was too humid. If you have the chance, ask to be seated there. Had the whipped egg white omelette. Everyone in the restaurant stopped talking when it arrived. Looked like a baked alaska and filled the entire plate. Glad the bread was under it--added some body. Tasted yummy. Black truffle and parmesan fondue added zip. One of my companions had the pancakes and loved them. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findInJestDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, pleasant ambiance, attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The decor and ambiance are amazing. The service outstanding! The food was expertly prepared. The scallops were delicious. I had the Arctic Char which I love and this was excellent. Not as good as mine but excellent none the less. We had friends from Florida that joined us and loved it. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Not As Good As I Rememberedjaybird51VIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had eaten here about 4 yrs ago and enjoyed it. It's restaurant week, I had selections from that prix fix menu; my husband ordered off of the regular menu. Beet carpaccio with cheese and greens, very bland, no dressing that I could taste. Rosemary lamb with polenta was overcooked, tough pieces of lamb in a brown sauce, no discernible rosemary or other herbs tasted, the polenta round was the best thing on the plate. Dessert was a pistachio cake with a blueberry coulis, which was good. Calamari and artichoke appetizer and steak, both were ok. Restaurant wasn't full, as is usually the case with the good restaurants on Saturday night, pre-theater. Probably won't go here again since there are so many other choices in the area.
- Service was greatTristesseDined on 7/26/2014Very attentive staff. I came for pre-theater dinner during restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetitoGrubnomiDined on 7/23/2014The pollo milanese has the perfect crisp to its breaded coat. Accompanied by vivacious greens and plump slices of tomato, this dish made for a delicious, summer afternoon lunch.Special Features: