325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viceversanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 399-9291
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM / 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Terzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from ViceVersa
If there are any two young people who have had the experience it takes to open their own restaurant, these two are it - - and their coming together reads like a story. Franco Lazzari and Stefano Terzi originally met each in the early 90’s while working in New York. At ViceVersa, Franco and Stefano, unveiled their vision for a contemporary Italian restaurant, combining the traditions of their own cultural background with the youth and energy of their years, and the sophistication and experience of their time in major New York City restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ViceVersa reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (63)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (34)good for groups (30)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014The menu was very interesting and different as it was such an interesting variety. I really enjoyed the veal dish and eggplant with riccata at lunch. Beautiful presentation. The furniture was very comfortable especially the chairs. The decor was simple yet nicely placed on the floor. My only negative comment would be that the service may have been slightly off. The waiter really only came back to us at the end of the meal to check in. We had to ask the busboy for salt and pepper. However, all in all I would highly recommend the restaurant and definitely come back when back in NY. I would also like to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theater choice!tablehopperVIPDined on 11/18/2014I can't believe I have never been to this restaurant before given all the shows I go to but it was excellent! i had a reservation but decided to eat at the bar as my friend was running late. Our bartender, James, was a doll and gave great recommendations for dinner. Branzino and Salmon were delicious and the wine choices were lovely. Great ambience inside and not loud, especially at the bar. We were able to have a nice conversation which I always appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Choice!ATNYCVIPDined on 11/16/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Been there for dinner several times but went for brunch first time and was equally enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnwDined on 11/7/2014Nice porcini on polenta with truffle oil appetizer; superb gnocchi in venison osso buco sauce. Comfortable environment; the place was about half full at 10pm on a Friday night. Pasta portions come in medium ("small") and large.Special Features:
- Noisy groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014This is one of my favorite midtown places but tonight there were three large groups which brought the noise to an unpleasant level. It was after theater so I'd expected a calmer vibe. Once the groups had left, it reverted back to the place I remember and like so much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryVIPDined on 11/4/2014This is a very good Northern Italian restaurant and is of excellent quality and spacious ambiance, a rarity in the Theatre District. I am a "regular" and am always welcomed warmly and with special attention. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/2/2014Good food and reasonable prices after theater on Sunday afternoon.
- Always welcomeEnnaandPikVIPDined on 10/31/2014It is always a benefit when the maitre d' starts your dining experience so nicely. But, he has a lot to be proud of. The space is elegant and spacious, yet still intimate. Even if it was too cold for the garden dining area to be utilized, the view helps to open the space. The service (we were pre-theater) was efficient but did not rush you. And the food, as always, was beautifully prepared. We frequent many restaurants in the theater district, and ViceVersa is certainly one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian restaurantsUWSderDined on 10/28/2014One of our favorite places to go for dinner. It never disappoints!Special Features:
- AmazingCollegeFoodieDined on 10/24/2014This is my third time dining at ViceVersa and every time its delicious. This time I took my girlfriend for her birthday. Not only was our food delicious, especially the romaine salad, when they brought out the deserts they had decorated her plate for her birthday. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a hidden gemLordAshDined on 10/24/2014I was unfamiliar with the restaurant till now. I liked the experience and have added the restaurant to my FAVORITES list.Special Features:
- Great foodShikaraVIPDined on 10/22/2014ViceVersa has wonderful options for eating. Well prepared and delicious. The wine list is okay, somewhat limited. The drawback is that the restaurant becomes quite noisy, making it difficult to carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- My favorite Italian RestaurantJoelSVIPDined on 10/21/2014Have the white truffle risotto and you'll be in heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant nearby Showsan1619Dined on 10/21/2014It's a great restaurant nearby all the broadway shows which is why my friend and I stopped by here. Great ambience as well as a huge plus to know that this place has a front AND a cute outdoor seatings in the back! The food was delicious! For appetizer we got the Stracciatella bruschette with white truffle oil. Granted it was two small pieces but with a huge scoop of burrata cheese and the truffle oil it was absolutely mouthwatering that my friend ordered it twice! Two flavorful entrees includes Spaghetti Chitarra: jumbo lump crabmeat, tomato, capers and Chestnut Pappardelle: fresh imported porcini mushrooms. We got a very tasty air fluff like Pistachio cake with carmel sauce for dessert. We definitely would come back to try other dishes!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceAndreaVIPDined on 10/18/2014The chef really knows how to enhance the natural flavor of food without over use of heavy sauces or distracting spices. Food is fresh and cooked to perfection. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre District HavenmayaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Once you walk in the door from the hustle and bustle of the street you are immediately transported to an oasis of fine food, abundant drinks and wonderful service. Everything was festive and perfect.Special Features:
- clintonfoodieDined on 10/12/2014As always, a delicious meal, very comfortable ambiance and an outstanding staffSpecial Features:
- Theater DistrictonpointeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful restaurant - a new theater district fave. Excellent fresh pasta, and everything else was creative and well-prepared.Special Features:
- Will returnFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Both the service and food were excellent! Much more than just pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014Great food and service; a perfect spot pre theater. The only issue is the noise level; better if ypur tabkenis off to the side but still loud. Nonetheless, it is an enjoyable experience and the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful vibe!siculamenteDined on 10/3/2014food very good, service attentive and warm. I went for my first year anniversary and they made it special! Franco the GM and Stefano the Chef know how to run a business! bravi! can't wait to go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience as AlwaysjpirontiDined on 10/2/2014The Vice Versa team never ceases to impress me. They are always very welcoming and the service is excellent. It is white truffle season and they where more then generous in their serving of truffles in their amazing Parmesan risotto. Their signature cookies are always a great way to provide one last wonderful surprise to my guests as well. Whenever I want to impress a client when I am in NYC I am sure to bring them here for dinner.Special Features:
- A find in the theater districtsavvyDined on 10/1/2014Good service, good food, good ambience...what better way to set up a good evening at the theater?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta, pasta, pasta!Just5ofusDined on 9/30/2014Great food. Love their pasta. not a frequent visitor, but always happy when I come. also, noticeable great service.Special Features:
- Great placeRainDined on 9/28/2014I have come back to ViceVersa often. It has everything I look for in a restaurant. Good food. Lovely ambiance. Noise level at a comfortable level and attentive service. It isn't inexpensive but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-theatre DinnerLeerobert7195Dined on 9/27/2014My partner and I have been to ViceVersa many times so it was a no-brainer to book the restaurant for pre-theatre dinner for two for his birthday night out. Service was attentive, cocktails & cicchetti well done and excellent house-made pasta. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerRLBDMDVIPDined on 9/26/2014Everything was seamless, delicious and beautiful. Service, food ambiance. Don't miss the blood orange martini. We are looking forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:
- Vice Versa is 15 years old!KnitterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We started eating here when they first opened, but had not been back for a few years. the newly renovated space is elegant, and serene. Service was top notch and plentiful. Great wines by the glass. Our app, calamari over radicchio, and mains, scallops and swordfish were all cooked perfectly. We highly recommend walking the extra block on 51 street to eat here! We look forward to returning. Overall, a wonderful night before theater.Special Features:
- Always good!VVRegularVIPDined on 9/20/2014Perfect for pre-theater! Reliably delicious, never rushed. Blood orange cosmos!!Special Features:
- Go to placecheeriosVIPDined on 9/19/2014I find myself returning to Vice versa again and again. You can rely on a warm welcome, a great drink, and a very fine meal. The pastas are excellent and the chef does a great job with fish. A well managed restaurant that is always buzzing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vice Versa Doesn't DisappointVickibickiVIPDined on 9/17/2014The men for the price fixed lunch offered a delightful array of tempting dishes. It was difficult to choose from the appetizers and main plates. The chilled cucumber soup was as cooling a taste as it sounds. The pasta filled with veal was sumptuous. I would highly recommend anything on the menu. The venue is very special. It's roomy and bright.Special Features:
- Always PerfectPatsFanNYCVIPDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. It's dependable in every way -- service, staff, food, ambiance. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeVipaliiiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. Modern Italian food. Finger foods for appetizers was a nice change. Mini arancini's etc. All homemade pastas. My dish was a ziti with a good marinara sauce and tiny lamb meatballs. I'm not a a pasta and meatball guy when I go to Italian restaurants, but this was very very good. Almost went back the next night, but way too many other places to try in NYC. If we lived here we would be regulars.Special Features:
- Great NYC BrunchGaryVIPDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I had brunch before a Sunday theater matinee. The food was very good - we had poached eggs. The service was good as were the prices. But the best thing was that this was not the usual pre-theater insanity that you have to put up with when eating in that part of town. It was quiet and pleasant and we were able to eat in a nice little backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taster12Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service were both excellent. The décor was attractive with restful colors. Highly recommended. My experience could not have been better.Special Features:
- The perfect restaurant!SuzzyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and ambience. Can't wait to make my next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeDined on 9/5/2014I have been going to ViceVersa for a number of years now. They have never dissapointed me. I invited my sister-in-law and once she and I dined at the restaurant whenever she is in the city she asks to go there for dinner and then continue on with our plans for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not a good restaurant.Ndd12Dined on 8/30/2014While traveling in Italy during the summer, an Italian tour guide highly recommended this restaurant in NYC. We were told, this is the best Italian food in Manhattan. In short, it was most disappointing. Poor ambiance and just very regular food. We would not go back.
- ViceVersaRobieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good place to eat before the theater. Nice ambiance and well full or half portions of pasta.
- great placeDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014the food was amazing along with the service. Everything was fresh and modern. Even the bartender was great. Would certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.