325 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viceversanyc.com/
- Phone: 2123999291
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM / 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Terzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from ViceVersa
If there are any two young people who have had the experience it takes to open their own restaurant, these two are it - - and their coming together reads like a story. Franco Lazzari and Stefano Terzi originally met each in the early 90’s while working in New York. At ViceVersa, Franco and Stefano, unveiled their vision for a contemporary Italian restaurant, combining the traditions of their own cultural background with the youth and energy of their years, and the sophistication and experience of their time in major New York City restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ViceVersa reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (33)romantic (32)great for lunch (26)good for groups (20)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ViceVersaRobieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good place to eat before the theater. Nice ambiance and well full or half portions of pasta.
- great placeDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014the food was amazing along with the service. Everything was fresh and modern. Even the bartender was great. Would certainly dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Espectacular abierto hasta tardeFernandoDined on 8/21/2014Espectacular atención abierto hasta tarde lo que es ideal después de musicales e Broadway comida bien preparadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseJamesDined on 8/17/2014This is a quality restaurant that has served theatergoers and others wondefully over the years. The creativity of the chef is amazing even with standard dishes. Brought a small group of well-traveled guests and the results were beyond expectations. One of the best restaurants in the region. Beautiful contemporary decor was a complement to the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed immenselyWiningDined on 8/16/2014Had lunch 3 weeks ago, so I thought my wife would enjoy on a Saturday evening. She really enjoyed the service, ambience, and the food even better. So I was a star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterDebzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was just ok. The veal porterhouse was tasty but fatty and the crab pasta was something an amateur could cook. The homemade pasta was great but the dish itself was unimaginative and the red sauce overpowered any taste of the crab. A lighter sauce would have been perfect. I heard others complain about their food also. Staff was great, place very nice they just need to work on the food. I should mention the cucumber tomato soup was excellent along with their chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/10/2014Over the years I have frequented this solid Italian specialty restaurant. It has always been good and the food is of excellent quality.Special Features:
- Very Vibrant Vice VersagratefulDined on 8/9/2014A lovely place to enjoy fantastic Italian food. The host was darling. We received a warm welcome. Everything was delicious. A beautiful patio. Great wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Endless shaved layers of truffleLisaDDined on 8/7/2014If there was anything unfavorable on the Restaurant Week menu at ViceVersa, the generous slices of truffle on the homemade pasta would erase it all. It was our first time at the restaurant for all three of us. Two ordered from the the Restaurant Week menu and my friend ordered from the regular menu. When our main courses arrived, my friend was greeted by the host and offered freshly sliced truffle on his homemade pasta. It was the most generous layers of shaved truffle I have ever seen. All I can say, "ViceVersa is heavenly." I would highly recommend.
- Restaurant weekbeachgirlDined on 8/7/2014Nice me use selection for restaurant week. Good happy hour. Also good location for theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerPattiDined on 8/3/2014Went to Vice versa on a Sunday night. Loved that it was a small neighborhood feel in middle of NYC. Nice wine selection. The bus service was excellent, the waiter seemed a little overwhelmed so slow in taking order etc. which is why I gave service 3STAR. Loved the food - fresh and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014It's been some time since my last visit and I'm pleased to say it's as good as remembered. Met for brunch prior to a matinee and could not have been happier. Attentive, warm staff. While I would have loved to sit in the garden, it was too humid. If you have the chance, ask to be seated there. Had the whipped egg white omelette. Everyone in the restaurant stopped talking when it arrived. Looked like a baked alaska and filled the entire plate. Glad the bread was under it--added some body. Tasted yummy. Black truffle and parmesan fondue added zip. One of my companions had the pancakes and loved them. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findInJestDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, pleasant ambiance, attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The decor and ambiance are amazing. The service outstanding! The food was expertly prepared. The scallops were delicious. I had the Arctic Char which I love and this was excellent. Not as good as mine but excellent none the less. We had friends from Florida that joined us and loved it. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Not As Good As I Rememberedjaybird51VIPDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had eaten here about 4 yrs ago and enjoyed it. It's restaurant week, I had selections from that prix fix menu; my husband ordered off of the regular menu. Beet carpaccio with cheese and greens, very bland, no dressing that I could taste. Rosemary lamb with polenta was overcooked, tough pieces of lamb in a brown sauce, no discernible rosemary or other herbs tasted, the polenta round was the best thing on the plate. Dessert was a pistachio cake with a blueberry coulis, which was good. Calamari and artichoke appetizer and steak, both were ok. Restaurant wasn't full, as is usually the case with the good restaurants on Saturday night, pre-theater. Probably won't go here again since there are so many other choices in the area.
- Service was greatTristesseDined on 7/26/2014Very attentive staff. I came for pre-theater dinner during restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetitoGrubnomiDined on 7/23/2014The pollo milanese has the perfect crisp to its breaded coat. Accompanied by vivacious greens and plump slices of tomato, this dish made for a delicious, summer afternoon lunch.Special Features:
- experienceddinerDined on 7/20/2014OUR WAITER, CHRISTOPHER WAS OUTSTANDING, ATTENTIVE, KNOWLEDGEABLE OF MENU, WARM & FRIENDLY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS MOST PLEASANT, FOOD VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant BrunchGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Three ladies doing brunch enjoyed a satisfying experience. We all enjoyed what we ordered and the menus variety pleased our varied desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGirlDined on 7/11/2014We entertained a business associate from out of town prior to a show in the theatre district. Timing was perfect, food was excellent -- and the pear martini was WONDERFUL! :) We had a lovely time and would recommend the restaurant highly.
- xczechlilDined on 7/10/2014pleasant, well paced, good food, great location and perfect non obtrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialStevieMacVIPDined on 7/9/2014If I lived close-by I'd eat here every night-Everything about this place is constantly perfect, and it's young and cool and hip and elegant all at the same time. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Delicious!NYCGeraldDined on 7/6/2014Vice Versa has become our favorite place for special celebrations.Special Features:
- good butcjr2VIPDined on 6/29/2014the arancini were great as were the scallops but the escarole was stringy with too much garlic and oil...for $28 sides with the scallops should also include a carb ...either potatoes or pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itNeighborhoodgemDined on 6/29/2014It's my second time and I loved it. The staff is very attentive and nice. Food was good and we had amazing bellinis. Recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater lunchlisa515VIPDined on 6/24/2014WE had a great pre-theater dinner at Vice Versa. Pastas were very inventive--and delicious--and salads were fresh, with interesting combinations and nicely plated. Great service. We didn't feel rushed, but they got us out in plenty of time for the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Very nice backyard garden and excellent food. Great place to enjoy lunch or dinner outside this summer.Special Features:
- Unexpectably goodBarbVIPDined on 6/20/2014We ate lunch in their outdoor garden, shaded by big umbrellas, and although there was some noise from an air conditioner, the ambience was calm and beautiful, and the food was so much better than I expected. Wonderful hearts of palm salad, delicious juicy swordfish. A great place for lunch. The inside room is very attractive, too. We're going to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater gemPeachyDined on 6/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner before a play on Broadway . The wait staff was very friendly and professional . When we were seated they asked if we were seeing a play and timed our dinner perfectly. The food was fabulous too! A real find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good lunchRlagnadoVIPDined on 6/19/2014Nothing negative to say about this place, the look, service and food all delivered.Special Features:
- Golden AfternoonIlTenoreVIPDined on 6/15/2014We met out-of-town friends for Sunday brunch, sure that the unlimited brunch drink option would encourage the flow of conversation, and it did. A very festive reunion. Each of our meals (varied choices) was delicious, as was the basket of fresh herbed focaccia. The waitstaff was charming and accommodating, but were overwhelmed during the peak brunch hours; we had the impression that the kitchen couldn't keep up, either. Long waits; food tasted good but was cold when it finally arrived. We all enjoyed our meal, and the space is beautiful; nice music tastefully kept low enough to permit conversation; the staff, again, lovely. Still, I felt it necessary to subtract one star each from food and service for cold entrees and extensive delays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District GemGoodiesaysDined on 6/14/2014The food, service and local are ideal for. Pert heaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, servicecriticalcriticVIPDined on 6/13/2014Dinner in this modern spot fills all needs.....great cocktails, food variety and quality excellent, and atmosphere upscale. Portions perfect size and food was excellent. Server knew were theater bound and made sure courses were timed just right. Would go back for their prix fix or al a carte menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-TheaterNYCFoodLoverDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful pre-theater experience...non hurried relaxed and delicious...excellent wait staff...look forward to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place! Will go Back!fineanddineVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great restaurant with amazing service and food. Truly a gem.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!AlexDined on 6/11/2014ViceVersa is a gem in Hell's Kitchen. At $24, the prix-fixe lunch is fabulous because it is delicious and a hefty amount of food. You don't leave hungry! They even give you a couple small cookies at bill time. A great pre-theater spot!Special Features:
- Great Meal, Excellent Wait Staffdrf828Dined on 6/10/2014We went to ViceVersa before seeing A Raisin in the Sun and it was the perfect place to dine. It was a very hot and humid day outside and upon arriving, ALL of the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and seated quickly. We were late arriving because we could not find an available cab from Penn Station and that was not an issue either, they were totally understanding. The food was really good and each course was thoughtfully prepared (I had the mussels, bruchetta and the Lasagne) and the waiters made sure we finished in time to make it to our show! Excellent choice for befor theatre dining! Would definately go again.Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately we, and the diners at a table beside us were forced to "shush"a very animated group of 4, as we could barely hear ourselves talking. Fortunately the main "perpetrator" recognized our request without negative reaction. It is understandable that restaurant staff do not want to upset patrons, but it would be nice if there was some way to alert anyone causing disturbance that it is not fair to others.Special Features:
- Good restaurant pre-theaterMargeVIPDined on 6/5/2014WE love this restaurant when we have theater tickets in the area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!BobbyjiVIPDined on 6/4/2014Vice Versa has excellent fare, wonderful wait staff, and just a cheerful atmosphere. We'll be coming back again. And again.Special Features: