Viceroy of India
233 E Roosevelt Road
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Viceroy of India
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viceroyofindia.com/
- Phone: 6306274411
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Besides providing finest quality, and best tasting Indian food to our diners, Viceroy provides expert catering for your event of any size. Our parties average about 200 guests. Delivered catering is available for parties of 15 to 20,000. Please call or email for more information. 630-627-4411, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Samar 6306274411
- Special Events: Our elegant banquet hall can hold up to 300 guests. Please stop by to have a tour anytime, or call us or email for more information. We accept parties of 25-300 people on site.
- Cross Street: Highland Ave
- Public Transit: Transit Stops about 1.9 miles from Lombard Metra stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a parking lot that can hold up to 150 cars. There is parking in the front, on the side, and a lot more in the back. You are sure to find parking for the restaurant.
A word from Viceroy of India
Viceroy has been a family tradition since 1985 when it first opened its doors on Devon Ave. The owner, with love for tasty curries that be brought from green, breezy farms of Punjab, had the passion to provide people of Chicago with most authentic Indian dining experience. At Viceroy, you are sure to please every taste bud, and still long for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Viceroy of India reviews from OpenTable diners
- This is one of our favoriteJamesVIPDined on 8/24/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants. If you just want steak and potatoes go somewhere else, however if you want a culinary experience, Viceroy is an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food. Truely enjoyJamesVIPDined on 7/27/2013Superb food. Truely enjoy this restaurant which has excellent Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good buffet lunchSandyVIPDined on 6/9/2013Sunday buffet was our only option as we were visiting the Chicago area and heading to the airport to go home. We were very impressed by the food. This is not your typical Indian buffet lunch with quantity over quality. The dishes were flavorful and well prepared and there was an outstanding variety. We consider ourselves Indian food connoissuers and this was one of the best Indian meals we have had. Cannot wait to visit for dinner one day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have not tried IndianJamesVIPDined on 5/11/2013If you have not tried Indian cuisine, this is a good restaurant to try. If you enjoy Indian food, you should definitely try this restaurant. Aside from some good dinner options, you may tell them how spicy or mild you want the dish. This restaurant has become our favorite Indian restaurant which we frequent on a regular basis,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This was my first experience to dine at an Indian restaurant so I have no other Indian cuisine to compare. Therefore, my review is on other variables I have come to expect when we go out for dinner. The wait staff was very helpful and the restaurant is clean, but needs an update. I will probably visit again and try other items on their menu.Special Features:
- Excellent selection of thisJamesVIPDined on 4/6/2013Excellent selection of this cuisine. Dinners are well prepared with choices of how hot you may like the spice to be. Highly recommend for you to give this restaurant a try. To get a good taste of this cuisine, the chef's specials are highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening dining.Foodluv4everDined on 3/10/2013We had a birthday celebration on a Sunday night at 8pm. The food is very flavorful and spicy. It was kid friendly and the staff were pleasant and and friendly.Special Features:
- Flavor from blend of spicesJamesVIPDined on 2/23/2013Great restaurant with well prepared Indian food. The blend of spices in the various dishes gives wondrous delicious tastes. If you have not tried Indian food before, this is one restaurant I would highly recommend. If you already enjoy Indian food this restaurant should be on your list.Special Features:
- A favorite dishJamesVIPDined on 2/16/2013We both had their butter chicken which currently is one of our favorite dishes. My wife had regular spicy, mine was medium hot which adds a bit more bite to the taste. Keep in mind you may request the level of spiciness. Though the above may be our favorite dish, we have many more to try. Since they have vegetarian dishes, we might consider going on a Friday during Lent. A much different selection than the common fish fries offered at othe restaurants.Special Features:
- Decide on spicenessJamesVIPDined on 2/9/2013Good selection of food, and you should be aware that you may request for the food to be of different degrees of spiceness. My wife and I enjoy this restaurant so much, we have become regular visitors.Special Features:
- Regular patronJamesVIPDined on 2/2/2013Wonderfully prepared food with a large number of dinners. An excellent choice for a night out. Viceroy of India is now on our regular lists of restaurants where my wife and I make many return visits.Special Features:
- Superb foodJamesVIPDined on 1/26/2013My wife had the Butter Chicken which I think so far is one of her favorite dishes, pieces of chicken in an excellent cream sauce. She had the spices mild. I had the Chicken Saag medium hot which had a great taste with some added heat. We ordered nan and rice with these dishes. I would think at least the Butter Chicken would include rice as it goes so well over rice. If rice is not mentioned it is likely not included. Two dollars for the nan was very reasonable and well worth the charge. However, $3.50 for one side order of rice seems to be stretching it for dishes which should really include rice. The latter are just minor issues, as both my wife and I very much enjoy Viceroy of India and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Now a regular customerJamesVIPDined on 1/19/2013As usual the food was superb. I again enjoyed a chef's specialty but my wife ordered a chicken dish of which I took a tasted and thought it was very good. This evening for some reasoon our order seemed to take longer than normal, but it was worth the wait. My wife thought it might have been a result of my order including a number of different items while hers was one item. It is hard to find a restaurant with so many dinner options and extremely tasty. If you have not had Indian food before and are hesitant, a chicken tandoori is a place to start.Special Features:
- One of our favorite resraurantsJamesVIPDined on 1/12/2013The food at Viceroy is superb. Our service this night was superior. We were asked the level of spicieness we wanted and in this case I mean hot. They will serve dishes mild, medium, medium hot, and hot. Ask your waiter about these options, but you may want to first try something less hot. Curry varies and not all curry is hot. Again we could not finish our dinner, and the left overs were packed for us and we enjoyed it another night. We had ordered the Chef's special since my wife and I enjoy it so much. Next time we will each probably order different dinners. We also want to try their brunch which has a very large selection of dishes. With lent coming up, Viceroy would be good for meatless meals. Highly recommend you to try Viceroy.Special Features:
- Chefs SpecialtyJamesVIPDined on 1/5/2013After seating we were given with 2 sauces and what I think was papdum as it was thin like a cracker. They have a large selection of dishes, but we decided to order a Chef's specialty called Special Dinner. This dish is a mix of different foods which we found to be quite tasty and one I would highly recommend along with another called Tandoori Mixed Grill. Both include Tandoori chicken, seekh kabab,Basmati Rice & Nan. But each include other different dishes. No reason to drive to a former preferred Indian restaurant in Chicago when this one is close. The service was kind of slow and should be more attentive. But when served they were very courteous. They courteously bagged our left overs which was a treat at home.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time...Shlim1Dined on 12/29/2012Food was just ok. Service was poor. Really not worth my time to review, I would just pass and look for another option.Special Features:
- Decent curry entre. Ho-humLuvfoodDined on 11/15/2012Decent curry entre. Ho-hum waiter. Tasty,filling dinner
- Good Indian food, that leftwilmcvVIPDined on 11/8/2012Good Indian food, that left us wanting to try other dishes. The samosas and bhel were excellent, as was the malai kofta. However, the service was slow and inattentive. This may have been due to the fact that there was a private party, but still not good. We noticed other diners having the same problem.
- I love the relaxed feel ofARG1Dined on 8/25/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Aloo Tikki with Chana appetizer was amazing and so were the chicken entries we tried. The homemade Indian ice cream flavored with saffron, pistachio, nuts & cardamon is to die for! Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- First time eating Indian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012First time eating Indian food. The manager was helpful in guiding us, offering suggestions. I would like to head back for lunch when the buffet is available so that I can try a greater variety of the food. What we had was well prepared and tasty.
- The quality of the food atCannesDined on 5/28/2012The quality of the food at Viceroy is always incredible!
- The food was good and I goOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/4/2012The food was good and I go there for my Indian food fix when I'm in the area. The service was functional but not over the top. I wish they'd try to decorate the restaurant a bit because it feels very institutional.