Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
1510 Texas St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vicandanthonys.com/
- Phone: (713) 228-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Contact Ellen Jannik (713)228-1111
A word from Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
Located in the heart of downtown Houston near Minute Maid Park, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high-quality food & one-of-a-kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand-crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities. Our highly acclaimed menu features only the finest prime beef, including Ribeye, New York strip, Porterhouse & Filet Mignon. For those with a taste for something other than beef, we also offer lamb rack, veal chop, live Maine lobster, Australian rock lobster tail, Gulf red snapper, Tuna & chicken. The Piano Lounge & Bar is for the enjoyment of both dining & non-dining guests. With nightly entertainment, it is the perfect downtown destination for cocktails. Our award-winning wine list offers over 1,000 of the finest wines the world has to offer. For a memorable meal, a sophisticated atmosphere, impeccable service & cocktails with class, Vic & Anthony's is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (252)romantic (175)notable wine list (142)fit for foodies (100)good for groups (83)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (50)late-night find (33)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (17)scenic view (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Delicious!ChloeVIPDined on 11/25/2014We came to celebrate my husbands' 60th bday and we were not disappointed. We had great martini's to start. They were served cold the way they should be. We enjoyed Wedge salads, asparagus, baked potato and several entres --veal chop was outstanding!!,snapper excellent and filet cooked perfectly for med-rare. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We finished the meal with delicious mousse cake that had happy birthday written on the plate. We will definitely go back! The manager came over to wish my husband a happy birthday as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014This was our second visit to Vic and Anthony's. While I usually stay away from the Landry's chain this was an exemption . My first visit was for my companies Emergency Response Team banquet. What impressed me was the level of service and 175 filets all cooked perfectly. My wife and had dinner there before a show at the Hobby Center. We shared the 32oz bone in Porterhouse . Steak for the most part was perfectly Cooke med.rare. I wold have liked more of a sear and crust on the outside but it was still very ,very good. However the Brussels sprouts seemed a little undercooked and the duck fat potatoes were just so so but the appetizer was a whole different story. My wife had the spinach salad and she thoroughly. I had the maple glazed quail which was probably the best thing I ate all evening. Will we be going back. You betcha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining but not an intimate experienceJerryDined on 11/19/2014We have entertained here twice now. The food is wonderful, but the whole experience is marred by the extreme noise in the restaurant. So much so that it was difficult to communicate across a table for 4. If you're looking for a romantic, intimate restaurant for a special occasion with your SO I wouldn't recommend it for that reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great ExperienceJR12Dined on 11/18/2014I've been to most of the good steakhouses in Houston but this was my first time to Vic & Anthony's. Everything(food, service, experience) was top tier. The wedge salad was massive(and the bacon it was topped with was insanely good). The filet was one of the most tender steaks I've had and converted me from being a fan of strips to filet's. The waitress was friendly and very attentive as were the members who kept the water glasses filled up. The only minor downside was the lack of selection of half size bottles of wine. There was one merlot and it was the same price as a full bottle! For the quality of steak(and this being one of the top steakhouses), the prices are very reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranttatraDined on 11/17/2014The restaurant is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Definitely the best steak I have ever had! The pepper sauce was also the best. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendations were ExcellentFlacoDined on 11/16/2014This was my first visit to Vic and Anthony's, I have been to many Steak houses this is definitely on my top three. ....Food , Dining , and Inside Scenic........Very NiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The best steaks in Houston. Everything is the highest quality. From the bread to there most expensive steak it is all exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingGeorgine1Dined on 11/13/2014The ambiance was tops. Everyone enjoyed themselves until we stayed longer than we should. Texas hospitality plus+++++. (My rating)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much food but fit for TexasMartinPDXDined on 11/12/2014I think their menu should include petite size steaks since most of the selections are over 12 oz and some would go up to 24 oz. I like to eat steak but not a whole cow. Many steak houses now offer petite option for each cut and if they offered petite option, this would get a 5 star from me.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendDcapDined on 11/11/2014Great Food with Impeccable Service as always. Steak was perfectly prepared and fantastic. Dessert, sides, and appetizers were all very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialnight86Dined on 11/11/2014A most delightful evening. It was a special occasion - our waitress made it more so. Truly enjoyed our visit and certainly will recommend your restaurant and will be back!Special Features:
- The Best Steakhouse in AmericaStueyDDined on 11/10/2014I have always raved about this place, and am always concerned before I go to Vic's again that it will not live up to my high expectations. However, as always, the food was remarkable. They season their steaks to absolute perfection. The sides are delicious. And their service is of very high quality. This remains my favorite steakhouse in America (with Manny's in Minneapolis coming a close second).Special Features:
- Food was Ok but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I have had food just as good at Perry's for half the price. If you are going to spend this kind of money I would go to Pappa's steakhouse. Hands down betterSpecial Features:
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCEhectorvelarealtorVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Vic and Anthony's.. Even though Melodie was our waitress, Michael and Blake were very professional and attentive...Special Features:
- Wonderful Fine DiningKkbrettDined on 11/7/2014I had such a wonderful 5 yr wedding anniversary at Vic and Anthonys. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful! I cant wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.Will not be returningsenbritluiDined on 11/6/2014It was my first time in this restaurant and I had heard great things about it so maybe I had higher expectations. Even though I had a reservation, we had to wait half an hour to be seated which was very uncomfortable since it was meant to be a business dinner. While waiting close to the lounge, we noticed that waitresses serving the bar area where very (and I mean very) poorly dressed. I am a woman in my 20's and enjoy dressing up, but honestly it made the place look tacky and more like a Gentleman's club than a restaurant suited for a broader audience. When we were finally seated, the service was great but the food was no the best. The steak I ordered was literally swimming in a pool of butter. The only dish that was superb was the dessert
- hallDined on 11/6/2014We had early reservation yet had to wait 30 minutes. Could not conduct any business due to intense noise level. Ordered a bottle of wine yet had to tell 3 different people we were capable of pouring it. Wine prices were extremely high. The waiter was clearly assigned to move us out of the table as quickly as possible. He hovered constantly and even asked us if we wanted to place our salad on a smaller plate after we were half way done. We had 4 different people pulling plates off of our table. There was a designated Lady Patrol Officer who roamed the room constantly to inform staff which table to hustle. When you pay this kind of money for dinner you expect to be treated with respect.Special Features:
- GrousingontheMountainDined on 11/3/2014Great food and atmosphere. They need a maitre'd..........................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Anniversary SpectacleAnthonyDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Vic and Anthony's and had an amazing experience. The service and atmosphere was superb and far exceeded our expectation. Our waitress, Sonya was a delight and was very attentive to our needs, and recommended great entrée selections as this was our first visit. We definitely plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic and Anthony's is a GREAT placeTgyalDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful service and excellent food! I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Great for special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I treated my fiance for his birthday dinner here. The first disappointment was that our reservation was at 7:45pm. We arrived at 7:40pm, but had to hang out in the bar/lounge for 45min before our table was ready. The good thing was the live music was superb! The wait staff is top notch! Our second disappointment was that our steaks were a bit fatty. We both ordered the ribeye bone-in, medium-medium with blackened seasoning. We ended up cutting fat off the steak even toward the middle of the steak. We only ate a little bit and took the rest home. Perhaps we just ended up with a bad cut of meat. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper having spent over $250 on a birthday meal that was just....Ok!Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDDmdandCdcDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere and the food was great. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had our birthday dinner here. It was so romantic and the food was fantastic. We both ordered steak which was cooked to perfection. And we had the red velvet cake. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningJB1958Dined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening celebrating my Mom's birthday. Every aspect of the evening was perfect! The wait staff was superb and very helpful in assisting us. The food was absolutely exquisite!!Special Features:
- Pricey but worth it...preacherDined on 10/31/2014High quality cuisine prepared perfectly, fine wine, and professional, attentive service. Very noisy at lunch. Best bread pudding on the planet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steaks after long waitTXFoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2014Even if you make a reservation, be prepared to wait a long time for your table. We love the filet mignon, mac 'n cheese, and croissant bread pudding.Special Features:
- Delicious!TheVeeDined on 10/26/2014Great staff, prompt service, delicious food! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservation?KP24Dined on 10/25/2014We were finally seated, 50 minutes AFTER our reservation time. Our server took her sweet time getting to us with menus and specials. The food was adequate, but for the amount of money we spent, it was a regrettable experience in general.Special Features:
- andrewDined on 10/25/2014The food was great. The service was excellent. The staff was very knowledgeable. The only downside was that I booked a 7:15PM reservation and we were seated at 8:15 PM. This is not acceptable and put a damper on the evening. I was entertaining customers which further made this delay problematic!Special Features:
- My most favorite place to dine!BirthdayGalDined on 10/25/2014Miss my Chicken Paige but enjoyed the snapper with crab. Great place to dine!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Feels like a chain restaurant because it is. Food was great and service was fine. It just didn't feel special.Special Features:
- one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014This is hands down one of the best restaurants I have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choosing2dinelocalDined on 10/24/2014Service was great. Food was wonderful. Recommend the veal and lamb chops, but a bit pricey. Had some martinis and cosmos....$15 ea. Wine prices were a bit ridiculous. We know wines. The jazz band in the bar was amazing. Should have some sort of dress code. We were as many of the other patrons were nicely dressed and then there were the blue jean and t-shirt people. The downside was that the whole restaurant, not just the bar was extremely noisy.Special Features:
- BillRDined on 10/24/2014The service was impeccable and the food was of high quality and carefully prepared. The restaurant is spacious and well appointed.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014great service and atmosphere from the moment we walked in. The filet was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newbie1stExperienceDined on 10/17/2014Overall experience was good. We had a reservation but still waited about 30 mins or longer. The food was great and the wait staff was knowledgeable. There was a little bit of a wait for the waiter to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and pleasant staff !ElJTDined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. It was a little noisy for our romantic anniversary dinner, but the food and staff made the dinner memorable. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCjandcjVIPDined on 10/14/2014This is the place to go when you have a special occasion or visitors from out of town. Even though the restaurant was packed, the staff was attentive and the noise level was till quiet. My guest was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/14/2014The wait staff was wonderful. They were very attentive and personable. Excellent choice for any occasionSpecial Features:
- DBTTDined on 10/13/2014High quality food and service.....a bit pricey but very good.Special Features: