Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
1510 Texas St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vicandanthonys.com/
- Phone: 7132281111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Contact Ellen Jannik (713)228-1111
A word from Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
Located in the heart of downtown Houston near Minute Maid Park, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high-quality food & one-of-a-kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand-crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities. Our highly acclaimed menu features only the finest prime beef, including Ribeye, New York strip, Porterhouse & Filet Mignon. For those with a taste for something other than beef, we also offer lamb rack, veal chop, live Maine lobster, Australian rock lobster tail, Gulf red snapper, Tuna & chicken. The Piano Lounge & Bar is for the enjoyment of both dining & non-dining guests. With nightly entertainment, it is the perfect downtown destination for cocktails. Our award-winning wine list offers over 1,000 of the finest wines the world has to offer. For a memorable meal, a sophisticated atmosphere, impeccable service & cocktails with class, Vic & Anthony's is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (246)romantic (180)notable wine list (140)fit for foodies (88)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (20)great for lunch (20)scenic view (11)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Thanks for another great evening!SkipGDined on 8/31/2014We took advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks and the occasion of a friend's birthday to once again visit Vic & Anthony's. The first to arrive, we took seats in the bar to wait on the rest of our party. Live jazz, played at just the right volume and a great crowd of other patrons set the tone for the evening. When the other members of our group arrived, we were seated almost immediately and our wine and drink orders were taken by our waiter who, along with the rest of the staff, provided us with excellent service throughout the evening! Our party of 7 received our meals at the same time, with just the right amount of time between courses. I am sure the others in our group now understand why we chose V&A's to close out Restaurant Weeks 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetwickDined on 8/31/2014Another restaurant I tried for HRW and I for sure will return. Great food with an exceptional waiter!!!Special Features:
- Excellent night outOTreviewerDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful first time dining experience at V&A. HRW menu is why we decided to go, but the experience was so good that we will return for the next special occasion. Can't wait to try the full size filet! We ordered the crab cake extra off the main menu that was not part of the HRW menu, and it was definitely worth the additional cost. Wonderful Sunday night date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FiletSberryDined on 8/31/2014We went for HRW. The filet was perfect and the mash potatoes were also very good. The breadpudding was average but the ice cream with crunchy toffee was delicious! I might come back just for the mash potatoes with a side of that ice cream with crunchy toffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter JT was great. Food was delicious and I plan to come back and try some items on the regular menu.Special Features:
- Long waitNickiDined on 8/30/2014We arrived at 745 for our 745 reservation. After waiting 45 min to for a table and hearing so many people check in that were late that missed their reservation get sat before we did we were a little upset. What is the point of making reservations if people that miss theirs or are late still get sat before the people that are on time? The food and service after getting sat at the table made up for the unapologetic girls that were sitting people. Waiter was great and food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was my first experience at Vic & Anthony's and either I had the wrong impression of what this restaurant was going to be or it is nothing like people and the internet described. My husband and I were planning on having a nice, romantic, peaceful dinner for my birthday and instead experienced the following: our reservation was for 7:45 pm, but the table wasn't ready so they asked us to hang out in the bar area for 30 minutes, which was fine except that we were there for about 30 minutes before being seated; no dress code: There was a girl in short jean shorts and guys in jeans and khaki shorts; we were sat by a table with 6 kids; and the same table had another large family with kids after them; bathrooms in poor condition with no locks.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightbcreusDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I enjoyed an early dinner. It was quiet, romantic, and the service was excellent as well as the food. This was our first visit and we look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- Great meal on each visit!FinalFourvistorDined on 8/29/2014We have dined here before when in Houston and it is on our list of one place we do not miss when in town. Food always great and the service is also always super!Special Features:
- eatsoutoftenEatsoutoftenDined on 8/29/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and had requested a specific table. After 30 minutes of waiting, they came to tell us our table could not be granted and offered a secondary location which we accepted. The service was wonderful after being seated, no rush or feeling of being too pushy. My wife ordered fish which was cooked perfectly, it came with a lobster sauce, but since she is allergic, the restaurant was more than willing to leave it off and offered another topping which was great. The other 3 entrees were cooked perfectly as well with the exception of the one steak that was served too cold.. When it returned, it was still cooked to order and plenty hot!!! We will return.Special Features:
- I'm not sure about Vic & Anthony'slove2loveDined on 8/29/2014This was my husband and I anniversary dinner every year we go support the houston restaurant week... They put us in the back with two tables of about 15 ppl, it was loud, our food was cold, and they didn't even acknowledge it was our anniversary. The service was ok, I want be going back.
- Always WonderfulShariGVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy having a nice dinner at Vic & Anthony's. The food is consistently wonderful and the service is always top-notch.Special Features:
- Great Time, Food & MemoryguyswkendDined on 8/29/2014Father and sons weekend outing. Out of all the activities and memories made, our time at Vic & Anthony's was the cap stone event of our whole weekend. Our server, Melody, was very attentive to our dining experience, overall, a nice young lady. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SettingShariGVIPDined on 8/28/2014We always choose Vic & Anthony's for our romantic date nights. The food is exceptional and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice OutingFatsDined on 8/27/2014Everything is like you would expect. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to a V&A'sTommyODined on 8/26/2014This was my first ever visit to any Vic & Anthony's, and outside of a 30 minute wait for our reserved table (it was restaurant week and they were running way behind), we had an incredible meal. One of the best flavored steaks I've ever had. Great service as well.Special Features:
- Our go to placeRubyDined on 8/26/2014Every time that we have been to Vic & Anthony's it has been an awesome experience. When my husband's clients come to Houston that is always our choice for fine dining. DO NOT leave without having their bread pudding. We have also been there for your Friday lunch. Next time I am going to order that fantatsic looking Hamburger!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceFancyNancyDined on 8/25/2014I enjoyed the experience. Will def check this restaurant out again. The place is pretty pricey but it was worth it. I enjoyed the fanciness (is that a word??).Special Features:
- What a great place!yummyDined on 8/25/2014Great ambience & service and quite possibly the best steak I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic & Anthony's SteakhouseGJK1956Dined on 8/25/2014We dine off the Resturant Week Menu. We also eat their before the Astros game. Everything was great made us feel like VIPSSpecial Features:
- A pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I heard about Vic and Anthonys through some friends. I was taking my girlfriend for an early birthday celebration. The staff was friendly and our waiter, I forget his name unfortunately, was fantastic and extremely helpful navigating the menu. The food is absolutely divine and my girlfriend and I took our time savoring the fflavors. Thank you for an unforgettable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A complete disappointmentkayc2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I regularly eat out at fine dining establishments. We go to Pappa's Steakhouse at least once a month and decided to try Vic & Anthony this past weekend. They seated our family at a small table despite our request in the reservation. The steak was tough, and their steak knives were dull which was a terrible combination. They wanted to charge $150 for a side order of a lobster tail which is way above what similar high end steakhouses charge for that. The au gratin potatoes were sour, and the Brussels sprouts were swimming in grease. It was such an awful meal that we decided against dessert and took our kids out for ice cream instead. We will not go back. What a waste of an evening.
- ExcellentAgJaz08Dined on 8/24/2014Everything about this dining experience and meal was top notch. I've died and gone to heaven after eating those crab cakes. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner on our first datelulu4uDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing through out our dinner and our server was delightful and answered all our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The consensus among our group of 4 is that was the best steak we've ever had. Service was wonderful. We often had 3-4 serving our table. Our water glasses were never empty. Nate, our head waiter was very knowledgeable and sociable. The ambience was great even with full tables throughout. We all agreed to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent stakedinnerdateDined on 8/22/2014Great food and wonderfull service. i will recommend it to anyone.the wait time after reservation was quite reasonable. my overall expreience was very goodSpecial Features:
- Elegant and intimateGood2GoDined on 8/22/2014This is the second time I visited V&A, and was as good as my first visit. Food was plentiful and excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a perfect eveningPeterKingDined on 8/20/2014My girlfriend and I come here from time to time to reset with a wonderful evening. There usually is a little bit of a wait, which is fine by us, as they have a very pleasant bar with live music, an incredible selection of Scotch and the best Moscow mule (cocktail) I've ever had. The wine selection might be daunting if it weren't for the sommelier, who can advise the perfect pairing with any dish. As far as the dishes, we have yet to have one that isn't delicious. The crab cake is one of the best I've had, the steaks leave me longing for my next visit, and the sides are varied and well executed. I particularly recommend the Australian Wagyu Strip Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014Best stakes ever! The bone-in ribeye is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 8/18/2014One of the nicest places to have lunch or dinner and for special occasions. The service and food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful!!!!!!!! This restaurant is top level classy. I would recommend to restaurant to more people.Special Features:
- Fantastic all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014A friend and I headed here for Houston Restaurant Week. We expected it to be good, but we were blown away! The food and wine were so delicious that we wanted to scrape the plates clean. The service was genuinely outstanding. Staff was very attentive without being overbearing, they were all so polite, and we never felt rushed. We have already recommended Vic & Anthony's to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Vic and Anthony's. It was a good chance to relax and celebrate our new house!!Special Features:
- Too many issues.WheremiDined on 8/16/2014Reservation through open table for 8:15, got sat at 8:40. Everyone who walked through the door behind us got same story, "you're table is not ready yet but please have a seat in our lounge...which she knew was completely full." After finally getting to our table, manager who sat us apologized for the "confusion." Sorry pal, the only confusion was on your end. A/C was not working and my wife kept getting dripped on from the vent over her head. Stepson agreed to switch with her to save her two-hour hair-do. Lobster bisque was sub par and steak was not worth $45. Manager did remove $50 from bill which brought it just under $200 for three people.Special Features:
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great, service was excellent! I will defiently be back for the sirloin steak, mushrooms, and asparagus. I have to also, say that the cocktail drink the Fresh is awesome.Special Features:
- Scenic and niceDrLADined on 8/15/2014Great customer service, staff very friendly and prompt and food choices excellent. I was impressed for my first visit and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse has excellent food, value, service, and venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it as alwaysAmyVDined on 8/14/2014We loved Vic and Anthony's as we always do! The lobster bisque was delicious. Although, this time it did have a bit more shells in it than usual. They have our favorite steak in town.Special Features:
- Good FoodQualityFoodDined on 8/13/2014This was my first visit and I must say that the food was good, the atmoshere was romantic but they placed us next to a large party that was dining that had small kids and loud talking. Other than that this was a good place for dinner.Special Features:
- BEST steak in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food! In our opinion, BEST steak in town.Special Features: