Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
1510 Texas St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vicandanthonys.com/
- Phone: 7132281111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Contact Ellen Jannik (713)228-1111
A word from Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
Located in the heart of downtown Houston near Minute Maid Park, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high-quality food & one-of-a-kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand-crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities. Our highly acclaimed menu features only the finest prime beef, including Ribeye, New York strip, Porterhouse & Filet Mignon. For those with a taste for something other than beef, we also offer lamb rack, veal chop, live Maine lobster, Australian rock lobster tail, Gulf red snapper, Tuna & chicken. The Piano Lounge & Bar is for the enjoyment of both dining & non-dining guests. With nightly entertainment, it is the perfect downtown destination for cocktails. Our award-winning wine list offers over 1,000 of the finest wines the world has to offer. For a memorable meal, a sophisticated atmosphere, impeccable service & cocktails with class, Vic & Anthony's is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (250)romantic (179)notable wine list (143)fit for foodies (94)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (42)late-night find (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (16)scenic view (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- NewbieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Overall experience was good. We had a reservation but still waited about 30 mins or longer. The food was great and the wait staff was knowledgeable. There was a little bit of a wait for the waiter to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and pleasant staff !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. It was a little noisy for our romantic anniversary dinner, but the food and staff made the dinner memorable. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCjandcjVIPDined on 10/14/2014This is the place to go when you have a special occasion or visitors from out of town. Even though the restaurant was packed, the staff was attentive and the noise level was till quiet. My guest was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/14/2014The wait staff was wonderful. They were very attentive and personable. Excellent choice for any occasionSpecial Features:
- DBTTDined on 10/13/2014High quality food and service.....a bit pricey but very good.Special Features:
- Always a Great Choice...DaveDined on 10/12/2014The food is always great and the service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere was awesome. The complimentary bread was very hard and crunchy. I had the pork chop with mac n cheese and potatoes. The sauce for the pork chop was phenomenal and so was the taste of the chop. A little undercooked in one section but very tasty. My wife had the steak and we were both disappointed. Overcooked even though it was med well it was more like well. It also didn't have much taste. Fleming's still takes it for best steak. My wife liked her martini but I was disappointed in their Old Fashioned drink. I guess it just wasn't my type of drink. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Firsttime21Dined on 10/11/2014I came here for my sister's bday and my family really enjoyed this place. The food was superb and the staff was friendly and professional. I will come again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Went for Anniversary dinner. The reservation was respected and were escorted to our table right away and were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary." The waiter was just what you expect them to be: waiters. He always respected our privacy and was extremely polite at all times. He was there when we needed him and away when we needed privacy. Also, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed in food and service!MikeyboyesqDined on 10/10/2014Took my spouse to this restaurant to celebrate her b-day after hearing lots of positive feedback. Unfortunately, it did not live upto the hype. Our ribeyes didn't have good flavor (we didn't even eat half of our steaks) and the rest of our food was just ok. Waiter was friendly, but disappeared halfway into our meal and left me with an empty tea glass twice, which is unexpected when you are dropping a couple of Ben Franklins for dinner. Bottom line is that we won't be back.Special Features:
- Always EXCELLENT!!!1ofHoustonsFinestDined on 10/10/2014Seafood, Service, Selections = Superb!!! As a MAJOR requirement, from the valet to the hostesses to maître d' to the Sommelier to the waiter, Vic & Anthony’s has never disappointed on any level. Selections are delectably pleasant to the pallet, especially the pairing with entrée selections. Dessert selections are amazing as well. This visit included the Gulf Red Snapper a La Nage, Filet Mignon, and the Atlantic Salmon pleasingly paired with a Russian Pinot Noir red. Absolutely divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TABLE FOR 2torsmartDined on 10/9/2014I travel to Houston a couple of times a year and normally visit Vic and Anthony's on one these trips. This time the food was very good as usual - wonderful starters, great steaks perfectly cooked. But it was noisy and very busy. The service was frankly poor. One waiter more or less dumped warm bread on the table when we sat down and we didn't see anyone else for ages. The drinks took almost as long to come as the food which was a surprise. The food itself came in a reasonable time but sitting there waiting to take the food order and not getting drinks for so long spoilt the evening and diluted the excellent efforts of the chefs in the kitchen.
- Good placeGeorgeDined on 10/7/2014Good for steak and lobster - a bit pricy. I took visitors from the UK there and they were impressed with the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verify your ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Made a reservation for 7pm, and received a confirming email that verified the time (and appropriate date). When we got to the restaurant, the hostess said she didn't have our reservation. Then she saw it for 8pm. Luckily, they were able to accommodate us, and seat us right away. As well as the evening turned out (my wife and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary), it started off with that major frustration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!AngilaDined on 10/4/2014Vic and Anthony's is splendid! With excellent food and excellent service, this restaurant is definitely on the top of my most memorable dining experience list. The rib eye steak is very flavorful. All of the accompaniment dishes complement any main course. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday placeFamilydaydelightDined on 10/4/2014We went to Vic & Anthony's for the first time for my wife's birthday. The service was attentive, but not bothersome. The waiter knew the menu and went out of his way to accommodate our main and side dish sharing. The food was prepared perfectly. We will return again.Special Features:
- Greatrglsu2016Dined on 10/3/2014Celebrated my birthday here and the food was phenomenal! Drink was a little strong, but no complaints there! Service was a little slow, but being a friday night, it was nothing to complain about!Special Features:
- Get the scallops and gritsLarissaVIPDined on 10/3/2014New on the menu is blackened scallops and grits with brussel sprouts. It is terrific. Everything we ordered was great, service was spectacular. Great late week decision to book reservations here, glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placebnallDined on 9/30/2014The food was good and the service was great. The restaurant is elegant and a bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysThibsDined on 9/28/2014The entire experience was outstanding from the moment we got out of our vehicle. The service, food, and atmosphere is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJNesmithDined on 9/27/2014At 9:15 there was no wait for the valet parking. We arrived early and were seated in the lounge. Before we could finish a single glass of wine we were being seated. All the staff were amazing and courteous. Our waiter, Nick, was absolutely amazing. We had the crab cake for an appetizer and it was wonderful. The ribeye with blue cheese and bacon butter was the best steak I have ever had. My wife had the salmon and potato au gratin, which was also wonderful. The side dishes are very generous and can feed at least 2. We got the red velvet torte on the house as an anniversary gift. We had a wonderful experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday NightBdayn1ghtDined on 9/26/2014It was meant for a birthday present to my girlfriend. The atmosphere was very nice and turned out to be a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySoulmatesDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary with Dinner and we absolutely enjoyed the ambiance, food, and service. One of the few places where you are not herded in and out like a cattle and can really enjoy the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerRegosteinDined on 9/21/2014We reserved for our anniversary at Vic and Anthony's. When we arrived, they were quite attentive to us We were seated right away and had many staff members watching over our needs the entire night. Food was as you would expect at a premier steakhouse...very good. My wedge salad was done just right without too much dressing. My waiter came by and asked if I wanted more dressing about 1/2 way through eating this course. It wasn't necessary. My wife had the pear and blue cheese salad. Large chunks of blue cheese and a nice, light vinaigrette. We split the in-bone Porterhouse. Too large of a cut for the 2 of us, but many would not agree. We were visiting from out of town and weren't interested in taking any leftovers home.Special Features:
- Great staffFoodfanDined on 9/20/2014Grat staff. From the minute we walked through the door, we were taken care of. In particular, our waiter was very good. Frank party, 8:30 pm, Sat. , September 20 reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We were seated at a table on the far back wall where the table is to tall for the chairs. We changed tables on our own. Pretty restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentiluvfoodDined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation so the wait wasn't long. We had to wait in the lounge which was quite loud, but the live music was nice. As for the food, it was all great. Especially the Prime Ribeye, it was superb.Special Features:
- Flower ArrangementsAMB824Dined on 9/16/2014The moment I stepped through the doors I was assaulted by the overwhelming aroma of lilies. There were enormous arrangements of them in both the waiting area as well as our dining area. The problem is that I have a severe lily allergy (allergies to flowers are quite common). Their scent instantly gives me a headache that induces nausea. I fail to see the rationale in placing such powerfully scented flowers throughout a fine dining establishment. Not only does the scent insult those with allergies, but it also effects the dining experience. Considering the fact that scent and taste are directly related, the potent aroma distracts the diner from what is meant to be the main attraction: the food.Special Features:
- Vic & AnthonysWMJ3Dined on 9/15/2014As always a very lovely time at V & A, the food is amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb chop was done just right.porkchoploverDined on 9/14/2014The lamb chop was done just right. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Steaks were great, waiter was jadedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Nothing worse than a waiter who knows more than you about your selections than...wait,I mean, nothing worse than a waiter who second guesses your amateur opinion...wait, I mean, take my order, I understand that medium rare is red in the center and yes, I've had brussel sprouts before, smile and acknowledge our order and get the mushrooms. Kitchen did a great job on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Steak HouseFloridaPhilDined on 9/13/2014What a find. I did a little research beofre getting to Houston and this place had great reviews. I booked a table for 2 but had 3 colleagues show up as well and the Manager simply asked us to stand for a moment and made the table bigger to accommodate us all, this on a very busy Saturday night. Great Steak and the Brocoli and Au Gratin potoatoes were incredible. I will definitely be back next time and highly suggest you try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining in HoustonMomoserpsDined on 9/13/2014Our visit on Saturday was outstanding. Our server Nate made us feel comfortable and also provided great service, and information. Our steaks were perfect. Our sides were delicious but The Crab Cake was AMAZING!!! It was seriously the best thing I've ever eaten. Vic and Anthony's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking ambiance and high end feelSteakloverDined on 9/13/2014Steaks were pretty good. I've been to a lot of steakhouses around the country and this restaurant didn't live up to my expectations. I just wish it had a little better ambiance. I think I would have booked at III Forks downtown Houston instead if I would have seen the inside of the restaurant before hand. We were sat near the kitchen entrance and it was very loud and we could barely keep a conversation going because the wait staff was constantly brushing by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fans4vicDined on 9/13/2014The steak melted in our mouth. It was so moist and had a wonderful flavor. Au gratin potatoes was the best we had ever had. Service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMistyDogDined on 9/13/2014Vic and Anthony's remains a special place for us. I took my 88 year old mother and my wife there for an outing and as usual V&A delivered. Ambience, service, food -- all superb. They sought to make us comfortable, consistently checked on quality, and of course the steak is just fantastic. Still consider this place one of the top restaurants in Houston and really value it for special occaisions. My mother had never been as she lives out of town but she loved it. Thanks V&A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRc89Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the place. Waiter was awesome. Food was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceFancyNancyDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the experience. The food is amazing. It is worth every penny. It was my 2nd time back, but Moms first time... She loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHoustondinerDined on 9/12/2014We went here before a show at Toyota Center. The service was good as was the atmosphere. The crabcake was maybe the best I have ever had. The steak (rib eye) was also very good. My fiance had the snapper too and it was quite good. The sides are big enough to share with a family of at least 4. If its just the 2 of you and you've had an appetizer, would only order one side. The mashed potatoes were good, but it was probably 4 potatoes. The broccoli was also good, but it was 2 HUGE heads of broccoli. I'm a big guy so its not very often i say there is too much food, but if you come on a date beware that the side portions are huge. Good experience overall and I will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014great food, excellent service, really enjoyable experienceSpecial Features: