Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
1510 Texas St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vicandanthonys.com/
- Phone: 7132281111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Contact Ellen Jannik (713)228-1111
A word from Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston
Located in the heart of downtown Houston near Minute Maid Park, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high-quality food & one-of-a-kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand-crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities. Our highly acclaimed menu features only the finest prime beef, including Ribeye, New York strip, Porterhouse & Filet Mignon. For those with a taste for something other than beef, we also offer lamb rack, veal chop, live Maine lobster, Australian rock lobster tail, Gulf red snapper, Tuna & chicken. The Piano Lounge & Bar is for the enjoyment of both dining & non-dining guests. With nightly entertainment, it is the perfect downtown destination for cocktails. Our award-winning wine list offers over 1,000 of the finest wines the world has to offer. For a memorable meal, a sophisticated atmosphere, impeccable service & cocktails with class, Vic & Anthony's is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (250)romantic (182)notable wine list (138)fit for foodies (95)good for groups (70)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (39)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (17)scenic view (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation so the wait wasn't long. We had to wait in the lounge which was quite loud, but the live music was nice. As for the food, it was all great. Especially the Prime Ribeye, it was superb.Special Features:
- Vic & AnthonysWMJ3Dined on 9/15/2014As always a very lovely time at V & A, the food is amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb chop was done just right.porkchoploverDined on 9/14/2014The lamb chop was done just right. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Steaks were great, waiter was jadedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Nothing worse than a waiter who knows more than you about your selections than...wait,I mean, nothing worse than a waiter who second guesses your amateur opinion...wait, I mean, take my order, I understand that medium rare is red in the center and yes, I've had brussel sprouts before, smile and acknowledge our order and get the mushrooms. Kitchen did a great job on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Steak HouseFloridaPhilDined on 9/13/2014What a find. I did a little research beofre getting to Houston and this place had great reviews. I booked a table for 2 but had 3 colleagues show up as well and the Manager simply asked us to stand for a moment and made the table bigger to accommodate us all, this on a very busy Saturday night. Great Steak and the Brocoli and Au Gratin potoatoes were incredible. I will definitely be back next time and highly suggest you try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining in HoustonMomoserpsDined on 9/13/2014Our visit on Saturday was outstanding. Our server Nate made us feel comfortable and also provided great service, and information. Our steaks were perfect. Our sides were delicious but The Crab Cake was AMAZING!!! It was seriously the best thing I've ever eaten. Vic and Anthony's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking ambiance and high end feelSteakloverDined on 9/13/2014Steaks were pretty good. I've been to a lot of steakhouses around the country and this restaurant didn't live up to my expectations. I just wish it had a little better ambiance. I think I would have booked at III Forks downtown Houston instead if I would have seen the inside of the restaurant before hand. We were sat near the kitchen entrance and it was very loud and we could barely keep a conversation going because the wait staff was constantly brushing by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The steak melted in our mouth. It was so moist and had a wonderful flavor. Au gratin potatoes was the best we had ever had. Service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Vic and Anthony's remains a special place for us. I took my 88 year old mother and my wife there for an outing and as usual V&A delivered. Ambience, service, food -- all superb. They sought to make us comfortable, consistently checked on quality, and of course the steak is just fantastic. Still consider this place one of the top restaurants in Houston and really value it for special occaisions. My mother had never been as she lives out of town but she loved it. Thanks V&A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRc89Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the place. Waiter was awesome. Food was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceFancyNancyDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the experience. The food is amazing. It is worth every penny. It was my 2nd time back, but Moms first time... She loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014great food, excellent service, really enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Waitresses was nice and knowledgeable, but would disappear for about 20 minutes in between seeing us. Our hour long dining experience lasted over two hours. As a sorry she gave us free desert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dont bother making reservations, you still have to wait about an hour to be seated and dont valet either huge wait as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Food -- Nice AmbianceMarkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Vic & Anthony's while expensive provides an excellent dining experience. The food is very good and nicely presented. If you have a special occasion or just want a 5-star dining experience, I recommend going here. Just be prepared to wait, perhaps up to 30 minutes, even when you have a reservation.Special Features:
- outstandinglove2dineDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely, romantic, and exciting dining experience with quality food. The lounge area was filled with jazz music and was able to set the right tone for an exquisite evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakapple1Dined on 9/5/2014The staff were very efficient and unflustered,especially as I'd booked the wrong date. Luckily as there,were only two of is we had a drink at the bar and they were able to seat us within an hour. Against my better judgement I decided to have my food boxed. When I arrived at my hotel my dress was covered in butter and grease because the, paper box and bag couldn't absorb it. I guess that's a lesson in cholesterol for me!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and serviceAHancockDined on 9/5/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all good. The Fresh cocktail was great, and I would highly recommend the shrimp scampi topping on a filet. The pear and blue cheese salad was amazing, and the restaurant took special care to celebrate my husband's birthday. Probably the best and most attentive sommelier we have ever encountered, which was wonderful. We will definitely return, especially since we get Landry's rewards (which made us cringe at first but hey, who doesn't like rewards).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAdaleDined on 9/5/2014Food was great but the staff was amazing!!! Everyone wished us a happy anniversary & made us feel like special guests....Special Features:
- great but........vinceDined on 9/3/2014The teenage girls at the reservation counter in the front are in control of nothing. They have a pat line to encourage you to have a drink first and then maybe your table will be "ready". Food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HousePatigerDined on 9/2/2014Never miss it when i am in Houston. Outstanding steaks grilled to perfection. Chopped Salad is the best anywhere. Servers always fast, attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Business DinnerGailDined on 9/2/2014I had dinner with a former co-worker and a current co-worker. It was recommended by one of them to eat here as we were looking for somewhere to meet downtown. I did not realize this restaurant was downtown and have never dined here before. It was very nice. Nice service and food was good. The macaroni and cheese was a bit salty but otherwise very good service. I would come back again.Special Features:
- Thanks for another great evening!SkipGDined on 8/31/2014We took advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks and the occasion of a friend's birthday to once again visit Vic & Anthony's. The first to arrive, we took seats in the bar to wait on the rest of our party. Live jazz, played at just the right volume and a great crowd of other patrons set the tone for the evening. When the other members of our group arrived, we were seated almost immediately and our wine and drink orders were taken by our waiter who, along with the rest of the staff, provided us with excellent service throughout the evening! Our party of 7 received our meals at the same time, with just the right amount of time between courses. I am sure the others in our group now understand why we chose V&A's to close out Restaurant Weeks 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetwickDined on 8/31/2014Another restaurant I tried for HRW and I for sure will return. Great food with an exceptional waiter!!!Special Features:
- Just okluckyeaterDined on 8/31/2014I had been hearing so much about this restaurant and was looking forward to trying it. I thought it was just ok. I ordered salmon and was disappointed. My husband ordered steak and said it was just good - nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- Excellent night outOTreviewerDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful first time dining experience at V&A. HRW menu is why we decided to go, but the experience was so good that we will return for the next special occasion. Can't wait to try the full size filet! We ordered the crab cake extra off the main menu that was not part of the HRW menu, and it was definitely worth the additional cost. Wonderful Sunday night date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FiletSberryVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went for HRW. The filet was perfect and the mash potatoes were also very good. The breadpudding was average but the ice cream with crunchy toffee was delicious! I might come back just for the mash potatoes with a side of that ice cream with crunchy toffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter JT was great. Food was delicious and I plan to come back and try some items on the regular menu.Special Features:
- Long waitNickiDined on 8/30/2014We arrived at 745 for our 745 reservation. After waiting 45 min to for a table and hearing so many people check in that were late that missed their reservation get sat before we did we were a little upset. What is the point of making reservations if people that miss theirs or are late still get sat before the people that are on time? The food and service after getting sat at the table made up for the unapologetic girls that were sitting people. Waiter was great and food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed....luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014This was my first experience at Vic & Anthony's and either I had the wrong impression of what this restaurant was going to be or it is nothing like people and the internet described. My husband and I were planning on having a nice, romantic, peaceful dinner for my birthday and instead experienced the following: our reservation was for 7:45 pm, but the table wasn't ready so they asked us to hang out in the bar area for 30 minutes, which was fine except that we were there for about 30 minutes before being seated; no dress code: There was a girl in short jean shorts and guys in jeans and khaki shorts; we were sat by a table with 6 kids; and the same table had another large family with kids after them; bathrooms in poor condition with no locks.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightbcreusDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I enjoyed an early dinner. It was quiet, romantic, and the service was excellent as well as the food. This was our first visit and we look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- Great meal on each visit!FinalFourvistorDined on 8/29/2014We have dined here before when in Houston and it is on our list of one place we do not miss when in town. Food always great and the service is also always super!Special Features:
- eatsoutoftenEatsoutoftenDined on 8/29/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and had requested a specific table. After 30 minutes of waiting, they came to tell us our table could not be granted and offered a secondary location which we accepted. The service was wonderful after being seated, no rush or feeling of being too pushy. My wife ordered fish which was cooked perfectly, it came with a lobster sauce, but since she is allergic, the restaurant was more than willing to leave it off and offered another topping which was great. The other 3 entrees were cooked perfectly as well with the exception of the one steak that was served too cold.. When it returned, it was still cooked to order and plenty hot!!! We will return.Special Features:
- I'm not sure about Vic & Anthony'slove2loveDined on 8/29/2014This was my husband and I anniversary dinner every year we go support the houston restaurant week... They put us in the back with two tables of about 15 ppl, it was loud, our food was cold, and they didn't even acknowledge it was our anniversary. The service was ok, I want be going back.
- Always WonderfulShariGVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy having a nice dinner at Vic & Anthony's. The food is consistently wonderful and the service is always top-notch.Special Features:
- Great Time, Food & MemoryguyswkendDined on 8/29/2014Father and sons weekend outing. Out of all the activities and memories made, our time at Vic & Anthony's was the cap stone event of our whole weekend. Our server, Melody, was very attentive to our dining experience, overall, a nice young lady. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SettingShariGVIPDined on 8/28/2014We always choose Vic & Anthony's for our romantic date nights. The food is exceptional and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice OutingFatsDined on 8/27/2014Everything is like you would expect. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our party of 2 waited 50 minutes to be seated even though we had a reservation and arrived on time... I did not expect to have to wait this long on a Wednesday night. What's the point of making a reservation at a specific time if you are going to have to wait. The dining room was also very loud due to the crowds. Not very romantic. On the plus side, once we were seated our waiter was very prompt and gave great service. The food was delicious, my steak was cooked perfectly. This almost made up for having to wait so long.
- Be prepared to wait for your table.CR626Dined on 8/27/2014We had 7:30pm reservations on a Wednesday night. I asked the hostesses after about 45 minutes why it was taking so long for us to be sat and they rudely said they would seat us when they can. We didn't get sat until about 8:30pm. Completely unacceptable. I eat out at many Houston restaurants and NEVER have I had to wait this long with a reservation. Our server and the food were great but we couldn't really enjoy ourselves because we were so irritated by the hostesses and their rudeness. I've had friends tell me they have had the same experience, great service and food but the hostesses made the experience awful. The managers need to re-evaluate the hostess situation and get them on the same level of service as the impressive waitstaff.Special Features: