Vic and Anthony’s NY
233 Park Ave S.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vic and Anthony’s NY
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vicandanthonys.com/
- Phone: 2122209200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Gates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the Gramercy/Flatiron District, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high quality food & one of a kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Keil 2122209200
A word from Vic and Anthony’s NY
Located in the Gramercy/Flatiron District, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse features a blend of high quality food & one of a kind hospitality in an intimate atmosphere of hand crafted mahogany woodwork, leather furnishings & luxurious amenities. Our award-winning menu from acclaimed Concept Chef Carlos Rodriguez features only the finest prime beef, including Ribeye, New York Strip, Porterhouse & Filet Mignon. For those with a taste for something other than beef, we also offer Lamb Rack, Veal Chops, Live Maine Lobster, Australian Rock Lobster, Fresh Fish creations & Poultry dishes. Our lounge & bar is for the enjoyment of both dining & non-dining guests. Vic & Anthony's is the perfect Manhattan destination for cocktails. Our award winning wine list offers over 2000 of the finest wines that the world has to offer. For a memorable meal, a sophisticated atmosphere, impeccable service & cocktails with class, Vic & Anthony's is sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vic and Anthony’s NY reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Lunch was a dudCriticaldinerDined on 6/10/2014Came for lunch with a friend. Had to wait forever for a waiter and there weren't that many people in the restaurant. Does anyone realize that business lunches need to be done with prompt service? Had a bland salad, nothing to write home about. Expensive and not worth it.
- Birthday lunchChristinaVIPDined on 6/5/2014My boss took me here for a birthday lunch. I had never been to the NY location and we had such a nice experience hereSpecial Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Vic and Anthony’s NY reviews archive.
- SKIMDined on 5/28/2014We had a great experience celebrating two joint birthdays, party of 8 plus one toddler! We went on a Wednesday therefore it was fairly empty which definitely contributed to the added service which we loved. All of us agreed that steak was cooked a little more well then other steak places. We've been to Smith and Wollensky, Del Frescos, Peter Lugers, etc. Other than that, great location, ambience and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014Very happily surprised at quality of the food and service. Great to have a "local" steakhouse so close to home. Expensive but an excellent mealSpecial Features:
- great steakHairyHoodDined on 5/15/2014Went last week with a friend and had a great time/meal. Our server Ryan has actually been there since the Angelo and Maxies days. We split the seafood platter and had the NY strip and the bone in ribeye. Both were excellent and cooked to perfection. Great NYC steakhouse experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic and Anthony's SteakhouseLion26KingVIPDined on 5/9/2014In here, all is beautiful. Even the steaks are beautiful. For full write-up go to www.celluloidclub.blogspot.com.Special Features:
- Fantastic Everything4daluvofoodVIPDined on 5/4/2014Wonderful steaks & sides too. Beautiful restaurant and great service. We'll be back during our next visit!Special Features:
- great. business lunchFoodlove915Dined on 4/25/2014Had a great lunch with coworkers and looking forward to doing it again. This was a old tradition that was bought back and needless to say it was worth it.Special Features:
- excellent steakClarkDined on 4/22/2014Romantic, eclectic setting. Well designed ambiance combined with excellent food. Had the Petite filet for lunch it was excellent and perfectly done medium rare. The Tuna Tartar was a perfect appetizer done very tasty and it could be shared which we did. The house Cabernet was smooth and tasty. The wait staff friendly and knowledgeable. They answered my every question.Special Features:
- Mind blowing steakSamehDined on 4/12/2014I used to always hear people say "you can tell a good steak by the fact that you don't need any sauce on it" and I never understood it until I went to Vic & Anthony's. The steak literally melted in my mouth. It was a thing of dreams! The ambience and the wait staff was truly professional and amazing. I HIGHLY recommend coming hear for ANY occasion!Special Features:
- Do not recommend!delraybeachDined on 4/11/2014I thought it would be nice to enjoy a nice steak for dinner.....the food here is very bland. If I were the chef I would be very disappointed. There was no taste in the apps and the steak came out cold. The server told us that it was the medium rare. NO, I'm sorry I have been to many 5 star restaurants and NEVER have had a steak come out cold. I will never go here again.
- Excellent as alwaysSusieQDined on 4/6/2014My family had attended this restaurant a few times and the service and food had been excellent. My husband was very impressed with the oysters and the steak. We liked it when it was Angelo's, but now the ambience is much better; Angelo's was kind of noisy. We will definitively return and recommend to colleagues and friends.Special Features:
- Average to fairNPHS122Dined on 3/27/2014Everything was good except the steak. The service was good and the sides were good. I've cook better steaks at home.
- DeceptiveMonacaroVIPDined on 3/26/2014Food is good but as in all steakhouses. We were two tables in all the restaurant but they pût us in the backside near a door ...Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationGratefulFoodieDined on 3/15/2014We were celebrating my father's 85th birthday and had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Great Vibe and ServicemmhaugeDined on 3/14/2014Ate here for dinner with a few girlfriends to start off our weekend this past Friday. We wanted some great food and wine and this was the spot. We were all visiting from out of town but staying near Union Square so the fact that we could walk here was even better! While one got the Surf and Turf special, myself and another got the filet. It was perfectly cooked and melted in your mouth. We both got the bernaise sauce in addition and that was heaven. As sides we chose asparagus and the au gratin potatoes, both were fab but the potatoes took the cake. They are super rich, so we could only have a couple bites but worth taking home. Overall, we couldn't have had a better time and experience! The follow up call the next day was the cherry on topSpecial Features:
- Great quality of food, service,SarahFonsecaDined on 3/14/2014Great quality of food, service, and ambiance for client lunches, client dinners, or romantic dining.Special Features:
- Amazing Eye RaiserDnDollaz87Dined on 3/13/2014Dear All, I "shop around" for elegant, romantic, nice, laid back, reasonable dining experiences and this is another one I must say sets the bar. From the service walking in to the, being seated, to the waiters/waitresses, to the menus everything. Amazing place inside and out. If you're a wine drinker then the scenary is for you. I do not know much about wines but I am a fan to try and learn them when they come along. Vic & Anthony's helped bring that candle light back into my relationship. Not that the light went out but it dimmes and sometimes you needs to spice up the night. It was very romantic and I want to THANK everyone at V&A's for sharing in laughter with me and just putting smiles on our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Vic and AnthonysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014We went to Vic and Anthonys for a special birthday and we left extremely happy. Everything we ordered was perfectly prepared and savory and our waiter was completely knowledgeable of the menu and couldnt have been any nicer. It was a "10" for us !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic & AnthonyJacquieJVIPDined on 3/6/2014I was last here when it was Angelo & Maxies. It has been completely transformed. Food and service were both delicious. Great portions for restaurant week! Will visit again.Special Features:
- Tasty birthday treatonewaymotorwayDined on 3/5/2014Came here for a birthday treat whilst in NYC. It was recommended by our hotel reception staff and didnt disappoint. Friendly knowledgeable sommelier who helped pick out a great wine. Great food with hearty side portions. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- I wasn't surprisedjmnteu183Dined on 3/5/2014My husband and I went there for Resturant Week. The last time we where there was when it was Angelo amd Maxie's. We thought that the service was excellent. Our server was cordial and helpful. The food was very good and the calamari was as good as any that we have had. We definitely we be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencewhaleDined on 3/5/2014went here for the first time for the restaurant week lunch special. the food was absolutely amazing and the service was remarkable. i ordered the filet with haricot and it was absolutely amazing. both the wedge salad and the caesar salad were also very good. the restaurant was clean, and the ambiance was wonderful. i love the feel and lighting of the place, and the decor and presentation of everything from the first step through the double doors to the last bite of red velvet cake was fantastic! I can't wait to go back for dinner and drinks one night in the spring. this place was absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!SuzieqDined on 3/3/2014My husband and I dined here on Monday 3rd March and we had the most wonderful evening. From the bus boy to the sommelier to the manager and waiter, we were treated to the kind of service that is sadly lacking these days in most establishments. I ate from the restaurant week menu whilst my husband ordered the 10oz filet. Both were AMAZING, the kind of cut of beef you expect but do not always receive. In turn the potato au gratin was full of flavour , the potatoes cooked to perfection! All in all I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking to tick all the boxes. A most pleasant eve, we left full, content and in the best of humour.Special Features:
- A little priceytdn120Dined on 2/28/2014Vic and Anthony's is priced in the high range for a steakhouse, which I feel is something new for them. The food quality is almost there, but the service is not. This last visit, we weren't told that one of our entrees had run out until after the appetizer, which also took a bit longer than you'd expect raw oysters to take. Dirty plates and unused glasses were left on the table too long, making it hard for us to get to our food. I know of at least one other steakhouse in the area where you will get comparable food (or better) for a lower price, and better service. I probably won't be going back unless the prices get a bit more reasonable.
- Nice night outEricDined on 2/28/2014Waitress was friendly and informative . Decor of restaurant and ambiance was impressive . The food was very very good. We shall return in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2014Took my wife and son there, it's a very nice restaurant. The staff is very friendly the service was very fast. My wife and I had the filet mignon we didn't enjoy it very much. We have been to different restaurant and had better steaks. Everything else there was fine. It's a perfect restaurant for a first date.Special Features:
- Took my mother there afterMabbyGDined on 2/22/2014Took my mother there after a Broadway show, for her birthday. She was very impressed with the ambiance and the service was impaccable. However, she found the entree (pamegian crusted sirloin w/mushrooms and creamed spinach) to be a bit salty. She informed the staff, which was very apologetic. She definately enjoyed her dessert of red velvet cake. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODotakulucyDined on 2/19/2014Their food is great, and waiters there are very friendly. It's a good place for dining and hang out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with a steakhouseGeorgeDined on 2/17/2014Came here for restaurant week with my mother and we had a really nice time. Waitress was cute and pleasant and the food was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsSergioz315Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was lovely. The food is amazing - we had filet mignons and split 2 sides which was more than enough. They had an expansive winelist with a very knowledgeable sommelier. Am definitely going back againSpecial Features:
- we loved itDominguezDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I love this place, food is hot and tasty, stuff gives attention to costumers and vic&Anthony became in my wife's favorite restaurant, we are definitely comimg back soon, I hope you guys took my request about the table we would like to have next time we come in. -Best Carlos DominguezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect valentines day dinnerConallDined on 2/14/2014The food was unbelievable and our server David was wonderful as well. Wonderful place and I will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/10/2014It appeared to be a slow night. Hostesses were not very engaging...had to push them to get personality. Server was good but steak was worst expensive steak I've ever had. I've had much better at this restaurant before.Special Features:
- Great Find!!MarkusVIPDined on 2/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find this sleek cool seafood and steak restaurant a winner. Tables are nicely spaced and chairs are comfortable making this a pleasant dining experience. Food was quite good and reasonable compared to other similar restaurants. Staff was friendly and, despite it being a busy Friday night, very attentive. Wine is properly stored in temperature controlled glass closets and was excellent. The only drawback is that it tended to get noisy and the live music at the bar was not necessary and made hearing each other speaking difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was dry, even medium-rare;foodie8622VIPDined on 1/24/2014Steak was dry, even medium-rare; caramelized onions were slightly burnedSpecial Features:
- Fantastictlc12513Dined on 1/23/2014The porterhouse for two was amazing and cooked perfectly at medium rare. The sides were generous portions and a good thing the waiter warned us otherwise we would had too much food. The service was outstanding. The wine list was extensive and the sommelier was so knowledgeable and friendly. There was also live music which was a bonus singing oldies and Sinatra. The restaurant was just beautiful and the perfect setting for a special, romantic occasion. It was very intimate too because the tables are not on top of each other. All around, this was a great dining experience and I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet this past weekendRichVIPDined on 1/18/2014Very quiet this past weekend but good was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DiningNYCjetsetterDined on 1/17/2014First time I had been at this establishment and for a foodie like myself it was the perfect place. The romantic dinner ambiance was perfect. The service was very good, the kind you expect in this kind of upscale steakhouse. The food we were ranting about all the way home. Wine list was notable. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife's birthdayTonyDined on 1/17/2014We celebrated my wife's here & we were not disappointed! The service was excellent, the waiters were very attentive & accommodating. The food was excellent!!! She had the special Filet Mignon dish, cooked perfectly, and I had the bone-in ribeye. The steak was cook just how I like and seasoned perfectly!!! We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.