Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc.
2930 Beverly Glen Circle
Bel Air, CA 90077Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vibrato.herbalpertpresents.com/
- Phone: (310) 474-9400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Herb Alpert's Vibrato Grill Jazz is the ultimate venue for stellar parties! “The Best Supper Club in LA” has delicious and innovative American cuisine, prime steaks and spectacular ambiance, plus there’s a different world-class show nightly in LA’s premier jazz space.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 3104749400x
- Entertainment: World-Class Jazz Nightly
A word from Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc.
Conceived by legendary jazz trumpeter and GRAMMY award-winning music icon, Herb Alpert, Vibrato Grill Jazz is one of Los Angeles’ most exciting restaurants, as well as the city’s premiere jazz space. Vibrato brings many elements together in sumptuous harmony for an experience that’s a delight to the senses. It’s warm and elegant interior embraces guests with stunning visuals, world-class music & sound design, and the absolute best in contemporary American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc. - Best Restaurants in Bel-Air ›
Vibrato Grill Jazz...etc. reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (63)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (37)fit for foodies (35)late-night find (23)good for groups (22)notable wine list (19)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience for our anniversaryJennDined on 11/14/2014Vibrato is a great choice for any special occasion. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. The staff provided outstanding service, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was so unique. They really went out of their way to make it a great night. We were seated at a very nice booth with an unobstructed view of the piano. They even brought out flowers and a special dessert. I would highly recommended the Vibrato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeedmerightFeedmerightDined on 11/11/2014We went for Jazz. The lead artist was great, but some of the musicians were not up to the task of playing complicated jazz. The performance as a whole was not as hoped as a result. The burger was excellent but silly to add short ribs on top.....it's not needed, and gets lost. The martini lobster app had good quality, well cooked lobster but was in mayo. Mayo? How dated can you get? How about lemon or Yuzu and creme fraiche, a touch of heat or shiso leaf; why drown your food in mayo? They need a foodie overhaul to warrant such prices. Great atmosphere, great sound, good layout but will eat an app only or sit at the bar until they change lead chef or rethink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz purist caveat emptorBobKDined on 11/8/2014I went for the purpose of hearing Dmitry Matheny play. He and the Joe Bagg trio were enjoyable, but it would have been much better if there were not a constant roar of the crowd. It didn't matter whether they were playing or not, the noise level stayed the same. If you are going to advertise as a place for jazz devotees, consider advising the crowd on etiquette. The food was delicious, but again, it's not the main reason for which I would go here.Special Features:
- The food is as good as the musicnaptasticDined on 11/4/2014I took my boyfriend to Vibrato for a big birthday this year. It was a Tuesday night, so the restaurant wasn't packed, but that actually made the experience feel more personal. I was expecting great music, and was not disappointed. What took me by surprise was how amazing the food and the service was! We both had rib-eye steaks and they were some of the best steaks I've ever had anywhere. If you've got a special event coming up and want to splurge a little for something really nice and memorable, you cannot go wrong with Vibrato.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/2/2014We took a friend as a thank you, and LOVED IT! The live cuban jazz was amazing, people were dancing in the aisles (I was dancing in my seat!)!!! The ambiance was fantastic, the food was excellent. The only negative was the wait time, I made reservations a month ahead, we arrived on time, yet it took at least 10 mins to be seated. Although very apologetic, my guest was a bit annoyed; however, the entertainment made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsDeeDined on 10/28/2014Great food, service and entertainment. The ambiance is great. A definite must go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIBRATO!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Unconditionaly one of the best live music in west coast .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightShariDined on 10/25/2014Great neighborhood place with good music and enjoyable staff including hostess Patricia and waiter Adam. We were pleasantly surprised by quality of food -- especially the filet! A wonderful nearby experience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice Weekly SpotluvthisspotDined on 10/23/2014this is a nice place to unwind. The food is good and the live entertainment is great.Special Features:
- SuedeDined on 10/14/2014Ambien excellent! Waiter very polite and assist W great Wine list ! Food excellent! Entertainment made the most Amazing of all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingmharbourcaDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I have celebrated our anniversary here for 10 years now and the food and the service make us feel like we are obliged to return each year. They are so kind to us and the food and wine are fantastic. On top of this there is always outstanding music. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Sophisticated and funfuntoeatoutDined on 10/11/2014We make our way to Vibrato every few months. It always feels like a special evening out. The music and atmosphere are fabulous, the service and food are wonderful too. If you want to enjoy a sophisticated evening out with friends or a special someone this is the place.Special Features:
- OutstandingandreinaDined on 10/11/2014Just from the beginning it was helpful, the man who seated us gave us the best seats. It was romantic, and the food was amazing! Our waiter was very kind, and very helpful. He kept his eye on us in case we needed anything else. Very friendly environment. I will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional VenueHealthyEaterDined on 10/5/2014One of the most delightful evenings we've ever spent, from the food to the environment to the entertainment. What a wonderful way to celebrate 3 birthdays! It was a real treat!Special Features:
- FabulousmalibucaptainVIPDined on 10/1/2014I took my wife for her birthday. The food and service were great. She got orchids on the table and a dessert. The live music was wonderful. We've never been disappointed with Vibrato.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!jmatandemDined on 9/30/2014Who expected great food at a jazz club; or really good service? Not me, that's for sure, so I was pleasantly surprised by how good both the food and service are at this vibrant jazz club atop Beverly Glen. This was my third time there in as many weeks, and there's been no let down in the quality. It's pricey to be sure, but worth every penny! I may not be back on a weekly basis - I'm not sure my wallet could sustain that, but I'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I was looking for a place to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. I wanted it to be a place with great live music and great food... I was not disappointed at all. When we arrived the immediately took us to our table. It was our first time and our server was able to explain everything and help us make our selection. The food was wonderful. Dessert just took the experience to another level. The entire experience was worth the $100+ meal for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best for JazzchazmoDined on 9/27/2014Great Jazz. Great Food. Great Experience. A must for the couple looking to reconnect when a child goes away to college.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceLadyLace5353Dined on 9/27/2014My Limo Driver Was Disrepcted..... Food Service was slow and poor... Food extremely mediocre and overlooked....Special Features:
- great music and foodJcosVIPDined on 9/26/2014though the food portions are fit for Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble - way way too muchSpecial Features:
- A Great experience....57leftoversDined on 9/26/2014I took my Mom here for her 80 and then last Friday for her 82nd! It has become a favorite spot to go for a special occasion. The staff is great and the food amazing. My nephew had the veal Parm ..it was so tender and enormous. We dine early and there is a 2 piece jazz combo that adds to the atmosphere. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner SuccessDazedforDayz09Dined on 9/21/2014I came here to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. He is a foodie and super picky. He had the steak with whipped potatoes and mashed potatoes. He would have finished it had he not gotten so full. I let them know ahead of time that I was vegan and had a mushroom allergy - they made me my own pasta dish and it was amazing ! We split the market salad (sans cheese on mine) and he got a cute birthday cookie with ice cream. We had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SeatingNickDined on 9/20/2014Despite making reservations almost 3 weeks ago, seating was terrible.
- Great venue for a special occasionDNewDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary here this past weekend. Food was great! We had a filet with an assortment of sauces, a twice baked potato and the shortribs. Everything was great, but the shortribs were the best! So yummy- just fell apart. They brought us flowers for our anniversary, plus they treated us so nicely. We definitely felt pampered. It is quite expensive, so we wouldn't come here every weekend, but for a special occasion, it was fantastic. Oh, and the music was great. Such a fun evening. We would come again just to sit in the bar and listen to the music as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeXtina2700Dined on 9/16/2014Great music! Food was cooked perfectly and amazing tasting! (I ordered Lamb chops rare) Delicious wine! A little pricy but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend to Vibrato Grill for his birthday. From the time that we walked in, we were impressed with the overall ambiance and décor. I made the mistake by arriving too early before actual featured musician was scheduled to perform. However, prior to the featured performer, we were able to enjoy some wonderful music from the piano player and bassist. We started our night with 2 glasses of wine and the lamb lollipops (so delicious!). I order the scallops and my boyfriend order the braised short ribs for our entrees(both were delicious). We ended with the truffle chocolate cake. I found the price to be reasonable based on the location and no cover charge. We will definitely return for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Vibrato!Luv2dineVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food and service are excellent! It is so much fun to enjoy a fabulous dinner with live entertainment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment qualityBuddyDined on 9/6/2014Disappointed in quality of entertainment....piano...very good, Bass..always works there, Drummer...putting in the motions, Trumpet...as a former musician, it is not hard to recognize flat pitch! Boring...left early! The group spent a great deal of time getting acquainted...seemed that they were pickups.Special Features:
- food and musicbrucejeffries1Dined on 9/4/2014The food was great and the music was terrific, but it's tough to talk when the band is playing. Know that going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnbirksVIPDined on 9/4/2014Music, service and food were all outstanding! It's rare to when everything is perfect and Vibrato is one of those rare places.Special Features:
- Food is always a 10. Service great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2014Best place to hear great jazz. Fabulous acoustics! Lovely helpful hostess. Food is a 10 and if you happen to get Adriane as your waiter, your evening should be perfect. Oh, and did I mention the bar drinks are the best - especially the Irish Coffee.Special Features:
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great spot, a bit tight between tables. Great hostess. Service was a bit slow to greet, and follow up with drinks on a week night. Food was great though, just be ready to order when you're half finished with your drink if you don't want to be parched;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Evening3LadiesDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was beautiful and we enjoyed the live music. There were so many great choices on the menu. The grilled peaches with burrata and spinach empanadas appetizers were fantastic. Our entrees were cooked to perfection as ordered - the surf and turf special, mahi, mahi and the Gorgonzola filet. The desserts - Apple crisp with salted Carmel ice cream and the lemon tart with pistachio were delicious. We really enjoyed our experience at Vibrato and loved our server Tiffany. She was friendly and attentive, making sure we had everything we needed, from menu suggestions, to decanting our wine, to flowers and a special dessert for the birthday girl. Loved Vibrato and loved Tiffany!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jazz and fantastic servicelocaldinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We really enjoyed our girls night out. Talked between sets and had a very attentive staff. Music was amazing and would really recommend it for an evening out for smaller groups 2 to 6 people. Good was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special occasion outingLaszloDined on 8/20/2014A great place to enjoy a special dinner occasion, with entertainment. The entrance is not as obvious, but the inside is awsome. The bar, stage, and seating areas are perfectly situated. Sound is well managed . Server is very accommodating and easy. The Wine list was too short. No White-Zinny? Wow. Chardonnay was smooth enough... but the goblet was only 25% full (like a taster)...hmm, for that price, it should have been half-full. The menu had lots of choices to enjoy. The King Salmon and the Kobe Burger was full of flavors, textures, beautifully arranged. Salute the Chef ! It was truly a dining experience. Yes, the price was a bit high, but that included the entertainment... so, we had a great time. Will plan to be back again :)Special Features:
- VibratoJazzFanDined on 8/20/2014Excellent jazz served; the food is not so great. Good service, good music, good wine ($$) and no cover charge, so consider the food and beverage prices your concert ticket price!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrato Grill JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great evening for our 2 couples, celebrating our special occasions together. Great jazz. Food was delicious. A small mixup with the kitchen on one of the hors d'oeuvres for one of us, but it was delicious in any case & staff was most apologetic for the error. Highly recommend Vibrato Grill & Jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place but LOUDsholyheadDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant is a gem in many ways -- the decor is outstanding, the food very food, the people watching is most excellent, and, of course, the music is unmatched... But if you expect to have conversation with your meal, this is not the place for you. That might seem like a given to some, but it hadn't occurred to me that it would be impossible to hear each other while the musicians were on. Better to think of this place a great jazz concert venue where you will also happen to catch a lovely meal with small snippets of conversation during the evening.Special Features:
- Perfect Bday evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We brought my father in law here for his 80th. He is a jazz lover - he absolutely loved it! We all did. Great ambience, wonderful food, excellent service - a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz/food/romanticLAfoodiesDined on 8/9/2014Perfect place for a special occasion. We enjoyed our Anniversary and were treated like royalty. Terrific for jazz lovers-the group was top notch. So hard to find places like this where money spent is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.