ViaVita Cafe and Wine Bar
10688 NE 10th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
ViaVita Cafe and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viavitacafe.com/
- Phone: 4254498917
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00AM - 10:00AM
Sunday: 8:00AM - 10:00AM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Robert Erickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do catering and events. Let us know what your needs are and we will design your menu.
A word from ViaVita Cafe and Wine Bar
Welcome to ViaVita Cafe and Wine Bar. We are a "European" style cafe that is designed to take you to your favorite piazza as you sip your morning espresso with a fresh baked croissant; order your favorite panini for lunch; sample a new wine; share some creative small plates; or indulge in a "Chef’s Whim" for dinner. Whatever part of the day you spend here we promise to transport you to a world that encourages you to relax the ViaVita way with Good Coffee, Good Food, Good Wine, and Good Company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ViaVita Cafe and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- A nice little restaurantMikeVIPDined on 4/28/2013This is a very nice little neighborhood restaurant with great food. My only small criticism is the service is sometimes a bit laid back but it is always friendly.Special Features:
- Very pleasant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Very pleasant atmosphere, beautifully decorated space, well-spaced tables, and delicious food. Thanks for a lovely brunch!Special Features:
- Great food in BellevueOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2013We got in quickly on a Friday night. A very large group was about to arrive, and our service suffered once they did arrive. We were seated at a table for two near an unused double door with a draft. The waitress comp us dessert, and all of the food was delicious.Special Features:
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013This is the second time I have been to ViaVita and both times thoroughly enjoyed it. Dinner the first time, and it was very nice. Brunch just recently and it was good, friendly and a nice comfortable setting. The food was very good and the staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Great neighborhood spot with great food and comfortable surroundings. Recommend it for casual, but nice dining!Special Features:
- Don't come here for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The decor and atmosphere was very good. The garlic bread slices they gave us before we ordered our dinner. They were not too overwhelming in taste, and warm. The food presentation was good. The bread on top of the french onion soup was good, but the soup itself was really salty. I ordered my filet mignon medium, when I cut into it, it was completely well done. After waiting and getting a second steak, it was a bit on the salty side. Service wise, the waitress didn't apologise or even say she was gunna replace my steak. She gave attitude and wasn't very accommodating when we wanted split checks. Expensive for poor food and service.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Service was slow and scattered -- we first had to wait a long time to order, then after an even longer wait received the wrong order. The food itself was very good and the Service was friendly, but not very efficient.Special Features:
- Chicken __________ was oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Chicken __________ was one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- the waitress appeared overwhelmed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013the waitress appeared overwhelmed. Came to take our orders, but we had only been seated with one menu & had to actually ask for a few more.Started with an excellent antipasta plate. When we asked for some bread,was told it was not included but she would make an exception. Brought a plate of 8 domino sized white toasts...really? The lasagna was nothing special & overpriced as was the spaghetti & meatballs (recomended by the waitress). The plate came with plain spaghetti, 3 bland golf ball sized meatballs & a dollop of bland sauce that was hardly enoough to wet the pasta... all for a whopping $16. On the plus side, the wine selection was excellent & reasonably priced... if only the cafe part of "Cafe & Wine Bar" had made more effort.Special Features:
- Perfect for quiet dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/16/2013Dined at ViaVita several times. Truly enjoy its intimate quiet atmosphere; great for a serious business discussion or conversation with that special someone. The menu is very much cafe/bistro focusing on a few items done well.Special Features:
- Stopped in for brunch usingGonzoVIPDined on 12/9/2012Stopped in for brunch using a recently purchased LivingSocial voucher. After reading a couple of reviews and knowing that downtown Bellevue can get scary busy during the holidays I made sure to make a reservation for Sunday brunch. Got there and we were the only ones there around 11AM on a Sunday. The server was quick to get us seated but that was as quick as the service was to be for our visit. Once food and drink were ordered it took several minutes to get them - mind you there was only one other table with 3 people there. Sensing things were going to take a while we ordered right away. We ordered one an omelette and a hash. After waiting close to 20 minutes (at this point there was a table that had filled out to maybe 6 people
- So, so the food and servingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2012So, so the food and serving portion were very little! Menu has very little selection! I won't go back again.
- Not ImpressedExcellentVIPDined on 7/22/2012The food was decent but nothing to write home about. Our brunch reservation was for right when they opened at 10am. They were "out" of the dish that I had been waiting for all week. How does that happen? They don't have S&P on the table so the waitress did the hand pepper grinder. I told her I like a lot of pepper - she did 3 grinds and promptly walked off. I had to call her back for more. Another waitress walked by my empty water glass a number of times but was filling other people glasses. WT? Didn't get the discount for living in the building even tho we told the waitress we lived there. It might just be for coffee tho - not sure so I'll give them a break on that one. Will probably return, but won't be expecting much.
- Great food but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2012Food was great. Price to portion was a little on the high end. Unfortunately, they were out of the bottle of wine we selected and instead we had to pay "by-the-glass" prices. Would have liked the waitress to be a little more accomodating when paying the bill.Special Features:
- Terrible service. We waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2012Terrible service. We waited over an hour for our meal which then came without one of the main ingredients in the chicken-pasta dish: the chicken. The server did apologize and give us more bread and beer but did not seem that phased by the experience we were having. I get the impression it's more of a lunch spot.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2012I found this cafe on Open Table while on business in Belleview. I dined on a week night so it was very quiet, which I prefer, and left time for the waitress and owner to be very engaging in conversation and meal suggestions. The presentation of the dishes were beautiful. I enjoyed myself very much and will definately return the next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Fathers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012We had gone to Via Vita Cafe for Mothers Day Brunch and had a great experience, so we decided to return for Fathers Day. Once again, we had delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- Jan has done a great job withquattrochickDined on 5/30/2012Jan has done a great job with Via Vita. They were very crowded the night we were there and it took a little while to get served. The food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great place for Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012We went to ViaVita Cafe for the second year in a row for Mother's Day Brunch. Once again, we were treated to a reasonably priced, three-course, delicious brunch. We were pleased with the variety (something to please everyone in the family). We have started a delectable family tradition for Mothers Day!Special Features:
- Don't know quite what is missingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2012Don't know quite what is missing at this restaurant. The food was fine, although not remarkable (orzo salad bland, soup plain and watery). The cappuccino was yummy and the location is a bit out of the way. As much as I wanted to love this place--we need a fantastic cafe like this--I couldn't. Perhaps warming up the atmosphere would help, as well as taking their food to the next adventurous level. I will try it again!
- Great food and relaxed paceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Nice little restaurant with some great food. The food is made to order so it take a little longer but is worth it. If you are looking for a place where you can run in, order and have your meal within 10 minutes, go elsewhere. This is a European style restaurant and the pace/ambiance reflect that.Special Features:
- Nice waitress, good food.SEZRVIPDined on 3/21/2012Nice waitress, good food. A bit more selection would be nice.Special Features:
- We waited 1 hour before theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We waited 1 hour before the waitress even came to give us menus. We ended up leaving after waiting 45 minutes more. The restaurant was full of people in the same predicament. The owner was the hostess, seating people without giving them menus or even a glass of water or wine. She was frazzled and downright clueless about providing customer service. We'll never go back. We might have given them a second chance but the owner didn't even apologize or offer to buy our wine.
- ok.. not a great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2012ok.. not a great selection for dinner. Great desert, and i am sure it would be nice for coffee. They have some work to do.
- Food was tasty, portion wasfishccyVIPDined on 2/1/2012Food was tasty, portion was small given the price on the menu.Special Features:
- The food, once it came, wasmoi2againDined on 1/28/2012The food, once it came, was very good. The waiter was extremely inattentive. There were four of us, and when it was time to have the entries served, only one was brought out. It was beautiful - and tasted great. But where were the other 3? A few minutes later, the waiter returned and told us that "there was only one chef and he was working on a large order. Our remaining orders were just being fired up, and he didn't want the first order to sit there and get cold. So that was why he brought out the first entree." He did offer the rest of us some some soup while we were waiting. Seriously? Entree number 1 should never have been served, and if it was prepared to early, should have been trashed and remade with the others.
- I give this restaurant pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012I give this restaurant points for its ambiance, but that's about it. The service was slow (which was awkward, since it's a small restaurant and we were seated near the kitchen...the waitress was constantly walking by despite our attempts to flag her down, which is something we usually don't resort to). The food was okay, but the portions were tiny! I felt sorry for my parents, who ordered crepes. They would be a good size for an appetizer, but far too small for an entree. The brioche on my croque madame was dry, it tasted almost stale. Definitely would not recommend unless you're not very hungry and have lots of time.
- Painfully slow service, someOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/16/2011Painfully slow service, some fish was overcooked, live guitar was playing music that just bounced around the room reverberating off the walls making it very unlistenable and just added to the already noisy environment. Will not go here ever again.
- A quaint European inspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011A quaint European inspired Cafe/Wine Bar/Restaurant. Our group came for dinner and the Good news is the food was wonderful, fresh and flavorful. Great wine list and ambiance. The bad news is the waitstaff isn't well trained for a proper dinner service. Everything arrived slowly...waited for water and menus for 15 minutes, then another 20 minutes to take drink orders. Server didn't remember who had what and mixed a few things up, never checked back with us or refilled our water or brought more bread as promised. There was only 4 tables in the whole place; someone needs training. I'd return, but not with an important client, good food alone will not keep customers returning. Good Luck, this place has great potential.Special Features:
- I had read in other reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2011I had read in other reviews that the food is good but the service is poor and indeed this is what we experienced. All four of us enjoyed our dishes - all were fresh, tasty and well presented. It was hard to tell if the poor service was due to inefficiency or being under-staffed or both but I hope they figure it out because it's hard to believe they will last long if they don't fix their service issue.Special Features:
- Would visit again for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Would visit again for the food. The live music was the very enjoyable and added color to the food as well. A pity that it was only a special event of the cafe.Special Features:
- Thoroughly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2011We visited ViaVita because it had received fairly good reviews on Google and Yelp, and because it accepts the Passport Dining card. When we arrived, we were surprised to find that we were the only customers inside (although one of the outside tables was occupied). We ordered the Spinach Patch salad, short ribs, and duck confit. The salad was acceptable although they told us they had run out of candied almonds (no excuse for that IMO) and was covered in way too much vinaigrette. The duck was very greasy and the saffron rice was bland. The roasted squash were good though. The biggest surprise (not in a good way) was that the short ribs turned out to be overcooked pot roast. We definitely won't return there.
- Fantastic restaurant, a superOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2011Fantastic restaurant, a super find. Wish I knew the owners name, but she was the perfect host. She is clearly very passionate about her restaurant and was visible in the dining room nearly the entire night. Great cheese and charcuterie - could have used a little more selection, but what was served, was fantastic. Entrees were fantastic although 3 of the 5 were not available the evening we were there - again, what was served was of very solid quality. If you can be patient with the family-run, non-corporate nature of this restaurant, you will really enjoy it. As they do in Europe, sit back, drink a glass of wine, and enjoy your time at ViaVita.Special Features:
- ViaVita is a small-platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011ViaVita is a small-plates kind of place. If you are just looking for a meal, try something else. But if you like sampling from small plates and/or sharing food, it's a good choice. It's a good place for drinks after work. Parking garage is very convenient and free.Special Features:
- We had great service, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2011We had great service, our breakfast food portions were generous and I loved that it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation. I will be back & hope to enjoy their outdoor seating.Special Features:
- We had a great supper there,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2011We had a great supper there, the food and wine was fabulous. We loved the dessert, and my wife especially liked the Macaron, it reminded her of Paris. The decoration is completely different from the high-rise neighborhood feel. The owner was very friendly and we had a great time there.Special Features:
- We loved this place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2011We loved this place. The casual atmosphere reminds one of a French Bistro but with a European/American sensibility. The food is delicious and inventive but the atmosphere is so relaxed and unhurried. We lingered at an outdoor table later on a Fri. evening drinking wine and nibbling. Even our kids amused themselves with people watching and playing near the fountain. Lovely!Special Features:
- Food was great but the serviceDisappointedVIPDined on 7/14/2011Food was great but the service still needs improvment.Special Features:
- Picked it because of the OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2011Picked it because of the Open Table reviews, and we weren't disappointed. Interesting, affordable, wine offerings, excellent food. Friendly owner, staff and fellow diners. Couldn't have been more pleased. Service a bit slow to begin, but fine thereafter.Special Features:
- Good food, service was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2011Good food, service was a little lacking, we sat with empty plates and wine glasses for quite a while. Hopefully that part will improve.Special Features:
- I had lunch here with someOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2011I had lunch here with some friends for the first time and it was a wonderful restaurant. I would highly suggest this place for brunch as well. The service was excellent and the food was very good. They have reasonable prices as well.Special Features: