9810 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 900
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7706234959x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Marc Sublette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful 12 person private dining room for business or intimate private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Thomas 7706234959x
A word from Viande Rouge
An all adult prime American chophouse with a French flair. An upscale in town atmosphere designed by Micheal Habachy, outside the perimeter. Chef Marc Sublette's blend of classic American steakhouse flavors combined with old world French technique is sure to impress. Knowledgeable, friendly service and an extensive wine list will complete your perfect evening. Please join us at Viande Rouge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Viande Rouge - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Viande Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (29)good for groups (14)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent cuisineVickiDined on 8/23/2014Excellent French-inspired cuisine and comfortable dining is so convenient right in Johns Creek. While the name implies "steak," my grouper was the finest I have ever been served. And the filet was perfectly prepared and exceptional quality. Don't miss the fondue appetizer! And best of all, these restaurant owners support the community, always donating to causes that enhance the city of Johns Creek. Excellent dining is here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Viande Rouge is the best steakhouse we've found outside of Atlanta. Not hip or wildly creative, but it offers traditional and classic continental cuisine prepared impeccably. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be one of the best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I would put this resturant up against any steakhouse resturant in town. Everything on the menu is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakKetsupDined on 8/23/2014Excellent. Outstanding. First time visit. Service was excellent. Our sever was knowledgeable, jocular, attractive and attentive without being a pest. Steak was perfect. The filet my wife had, well done, was tender and flavorful. We will be back.Special Features:
- 5 stars and 2 thumbs up rating!ConsistentDinerDined on 8/22/2014How can you not love food that melts in your mouth! The ambiance, the staff and the chef are impeccable whether it be a special occasion or just a routine evening out, if you are looking for food that is excellent, this is the place! Try the artichoke appetizer, amazing, can't really tell you enough about how great this place is, also, Chef Mark is very consistent, in addition he aimes to please all, if its not on the menu just ask, they'll do whatever they can to accomodate. Also if you use opentable.com when making reservations you can give them a heads up on special occasions or special requests. I give this a 5 star 2 thumbs up rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good but...srr3306Dined on 8/16/2014this was our third visit. The food is still excellent and good value but the staff, while still friendly and attentive, is not as professional as they used to be. They have also put in a $25 corkage fee for BYO wine which is a bit excessive. That was partially offset by a comp dessert of their excellent bananas Foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKindoneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Took my parents for their 50th anniversary and was very pleased with entire experience. Everything tasted great, but in particular the oysters appetizer, filet and mushrooms stood out to me. My new favorite steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but missing somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good - wedge salad = excellent, beefsteak tomato and smoked mozzarella = excellent, onion soup = very good, but a little too sweet, bone in filet = excellent, short ribs = very good, creme brûlée = excellent. Service was very lacking and cocktails were not good (Martini = bad with no garnish and Makers and Diet was not mixed well - very disappointing). I wouldn't avoid, but would not make a special trip back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great managementsatisfiedDined on 8/15/2014Although the waitress was not very good, it doesn't take away from the awesome food. I enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRitzerDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Little pricey but was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014As always it was wonderful service,food and ambience. The staff is very attentive. My only complaint was a group of about 10 people who had no consideration for anyone else, but this was not the restaurants faults. Great place.Special Features:
- New Vibe at VROpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Love the new look & energy at VR! Same great food but not so formal or stuffy as it was previously. Well done - Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front of the house lackingfoodieDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been dining at VR since it's opening and have always enjoyed our experiences until now. I have no complaint about the food - it's wonderful, or the quality of the bartender - Devon is fantastic at making an old fashioned - and an authority on bourbon. However, this visit I felt unimportant. My first impression at the door was where the woman at the desk (Kim) made us wait before we were greeted while she was on the phone discussing something not related to dining or a reservation. Once we were seated, our waiter -although competent- was not of the usual standard of excellence we are accustomed to at VR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dineLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014The ambience is relaxing. The food and beverage menu is outstanding! Our server, Daniel was very attentive and the owner, Thomas and his mgr, Kim came to check on us. The whole evening was awesome and a local GEM! We'll be back and hope others will as well! Luv2dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viande Rouge ShinesSPPPVIPDined on 8/2/2014Viande Rouge still brings quality dining and service to this area. The food was excellent as well as the service. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014The food and drink were great. We really enjoyed everything about this evening and the service was exceptional. We decided we need to come here more often and not just save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big10FanDined on 7/19/2014The food is outstanding, from the appetizers to the desserts, all were s some of the of the best we have ever had. A truly great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersjustmeDined on 7/19/2014From the bartender, we had drinks first, to the staff that served our table we were treated royally. There were 4 of us and I was the only one who was not too keen on my choice of Lobster Bisque. The steaks and dover sole were perfection and the deserts, yummy. Was very impressed to see the owner not only supervising his team and checking on customers satisfaction but filling up water glasses and clearing plates.Special Features:
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014What's not to like...if you have a special event to celebrate for adults, you cannot wrong with VR...intimate, but not overly stuffy decor. We had an early dinner reservation...Server was very attentive which you would expect when only a handful of tables were being served, but as the evening went and the place filled up, he was still there every 10 mins or so to check on us. Food...I ordered the 18oz bone in ribeye...cooked to perfection...it would rival any fine steakhouse I've been to, wife had the Lobster Bisque which she loved...the other notable was the Spinach salad...I will come back for that alone. My only regret was being too full for dessert...I've heard the Banannas Fosters is killer...next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTheGoodDoctorDined on 7/12/2014Dined here for my birthday. The food was absolutely outstanding. My waiter got busy and left us hanging for a bit too long; otherwise, the food (specifically the steak and crabcakes) and wine here are the best I've had in a long time. Now, I'm planning impromptu celebrations as a reason to go back here.Special Features:
- Good First TripAlphaJackDined on 7/9/2014Our first visit was quite good. We weren't in love with the beef bourguignon, but everything else was quite good. The waiter recommended a terrific wine, soup and salad were outstanding, Steak Diane was excellent, and a great desert. The beef bourguignon seemed to lack flavor, but clearly was high quality meat. We'll be back.
- Recommended for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Very good food, service and ambience for those special occasions and business dinners, although the prices are a little high. This is a great restaurant for an evening of good food, wine and conversation without the feeling of being rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent fine diningSuburbaniteDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food and service! Comfortable atmosphere in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the CreekFoodHead504Dined on 6/26/2014We had been to the other 2 neighboring restaurants a few times; and decided to try out Viande Rouge. Great idea, as the food and service was unmatched. Being from NOLA; I was pleased to see the raw oysters on the menu. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Awesome MealdcastaldiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food, service and ambience, Viande Rouge seems to get better every time we go!!Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerlovegoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014The food was wonderful. French Onion Soup was one of the best I have had. Duck Comfit was very nicely done - crispy with a I nice orange sauce. The steaks were done perfectly.Special Features:
- We had an amazing night !!!!RedCossDined on 6/19/2014We would recommend this amazing French steak house to anyone. I found it online while I was looking for a place to celebrate our 6th anniversary, read all the reviews that the restaurant had already earned and I decided to give them a try. I requested to have roses on the table for dinner, they made it happen. The staff was super friendly and helped us with the menu and drink choice smiling the whole time. Our order took no time to get to us made to perfection. The price of the food is right on the money for the quality of dinning. At all times some would check on us and our stay. We will defenatly go back soon. Than you guys so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary ExperienceAuburn1983Dined on 6/14/2014Our first time to eat here was an excellent experience. We chose Viande Rouge to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary and we were completely satisfied with our evening. The food was outstanding and the service was top notch. We will definitely return for special times as a couple and we also look forward to inviting other couples to join us for an evening of fine dining. Thanks for making our evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and astomosphere.lfuller10Dined on 6/12/2014We greatly enjoyed our steak dinners here. I had just the 6 oz filet and my husband had the special which was a 6oz filet topped with crabmeat and asparagus with some kind of white sauce, and came with a crab cake. We had bananas foster for dessert made at our table. Waiter was excellent and very knowledgeable on wines and menu items.Special Features:
- We will be backKdnatlVIPDined on 6/7/2014Everything was wonderful! The service, the food, the atmosphere and especially the chocolate soufflé. We are looking forward to going again very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, so we wanted something special. Even though we had never been to the restaurant, we thought it was worth trying. It lived up to our expectations related to food/beverage, and exceeded our expectations related to service. From the moment the door was held open for us upon approach to the restaurant, service was excellent. Food (soup/salad, steaks, dessert) was served timely and the way we ordered it; although the Roquefort dressing on the VR Wedge was too heavy and I would ask for much less the next time. We never felt rushed and were able to talk easily. All of the staff were friendly and able to answer questions regarding the menu and the restaurant. We would easily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived Up to Its ReputationRegularDined on 6/6/2014Our evening went very well. We were allowed to dine at our pace and enjoy the meal and each other's company. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTownscdDined on 6/4/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed by the food, the pairings are always fantastic. The service is usually very good, but many items are prepared at the table and some of the wait staff are better than the others. It's a shame really because the spinach salad and bananas foster can be amazing or mediocre depending on who is behind the creation. The ambiance and layout of the restaurant are more suited for couples and small groups, but they do accommodate larger groups and have a private room. I highly recommend the spinach salad, Confit de Canard, and the Souffle(just make sure to order it when you order your food since it takes 20-30 minutes).Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner was perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2014We had such a wonderful evening, with Terry as our waiter, and Phillip the owner, welcoming us. We could not have had a better dining experience. what a way to celebrate an anniversary. The food was outstanding! The atmosphere was perfect for talking with friends. I would say quiet, but OT app would not accept, so I had to use moderate noise level.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsMissyFVIPDined on 5/28/2014We have been here a few times. Mostly for special occasions and the other night it was for our anniversary. You can never go wrong. Love the food, service and ambiance. Unique wine list. Not the same old same old wines. Give them a price point you want to spend and they will pick you an excellent bottle. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the Atlanta areaFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Viande Rouge numerous times and have tried many items on the menu. All of the French specialties, especially the duck, are outstanding. If you love steak, then Viande Rouge is worth visiting no matter where in Atlanta you live. Their steaks are better than any well known steakhouse in Atlanta and don't pass up the fries. Also, make sure you save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the atmosphereJJJJDined on 5/24/2014Took my wife to celebrate her birthday and we enjoyed the romantic scene. The macaroni side was very good and my NY strip was cooked just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid MealEricDined on 5/22/2014The meal was solid, nothing that stood out as amazing, but good food all around. Not sure it is worth the drive from in town, as i wouldn't rate it above any of the big steakhouses in Atlanta (Hal's, Rathbun Steak, Chops, Bones) but the prices are slightly better than those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJimBobDined on 5/15/2014The food was outstanding. The menu had various options from steak to seafood with veal and duck and short ribs in between. The escargo was fantastic as an appetizer and uniquely presented with a red wine type sauce. The Cesar salad was prepared table side and was delicious. The chopped salad was amazing. The steaks were cooked to order and the add on sauces were very good. The wine list was very good by the glass.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner to savoritoonaDined on 5/10/2014After a couple disappointing anniversary and birthday dinners elsewhere, Viand Rouge made up for it & then some. The food was well prepared and presented without a lot of "fussy" sauces. The service was outstanding, as if the wait staff read your mind & anticipated every need. Good higher end restaurant north of Atlanta, without having to drive "down town". Highly recommended.Special Features: