9810 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 900
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7706234959x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Marc Sublette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful 14 person private dining room for business or intimate private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Thomas 7706234959x
A word from Viande Rouge
An all adult prime American chophouse with a French flair. An upscale town atmosphere designed by Micheal Habachy, outside the perimeter. Chef Marc Sublette's blend of classic American steakhouse flavors combined with old world French technique is sure to impress. Knowledgeable, friendly service, an extensive wine list will complete your perfect evening. Please join us at Viande Rouge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Viande Rouge - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Viande Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (26)good for groups (14)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have enjoyed Viande Rouge many times for a special evening out. We have also shared several evenings here with close friends. All were wonderful evenings. In the spirit of "full disclosure" with fellow diners, be advised that Viande Rouge is not inexpensive. However, this is the old story of . . . you get what you pay for and we have never been disappointed by either the service or the food. Frankly, I was motivated to write this review after reading some negative reviews. Most of them describe experiences that neither we nor any of our friends have ever experienced. Sadly, it is truly unfortunate that those with negative experiences simply missed the opportunity to enjoy evenings at Viand Rouge as we and our friends.Special Features:
- Disappointed with servicecdub33Dined on 10/9/2014Previous visit was great, but this time, service was not at the level expected for this price point. (Bartender/hostess were pleasant.) I ordered the wine, but it it was presented it to my husband. Food came staggered, with my mother's dish last. Souffle came before our table was cleared. We had to request our meals to go. Our server didn't ask if we wanted any other desserts besides the one souffle, and did not offer us after-dinner drinks or coffee. We had to request that as he was rushing away from our table. Food was good but we were disappointed in service and rushed feel of our meal. Restaurant was not busy and we left by 8:30, so I don't think we were keeping the staff there late or that they were overwhelmed with customers.Special Features:
- Overpriced EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The ambience is upscale and elegant and the service friendly and efficient. The food is very much overpriced and the menu limited. I would not return here and really feel there are much better venues for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Anniversarykrc47Dined on 10/7/2014This was our 47 year anniverary and celebrated it with our special friends. Food and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Just AverageHalsisbetterVIPDined on 10/3/2014I think I will stick with Hal's. Much better for the same money. Just a little over priced for the quality of the food. Salads average. Desserts below average.Special Features:
- Impress your clientsLindaDined on 10/2/2014Viande Rouge is a great place to take business associates and clients. The menu is hearty and the wine list suitable to those who are accustomed to being treated well. The wait staff is pleasant and energetic, and unlike other "high-end" steak houses, the restaurant is quiet enough to hear those who are speaking around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viande RougeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014Wish this restaurant were on the NW side...always up to expectations, great service, moderate to quite atmosphere perfect for business or date night, excellent food somewhere between foodie and always excellent.Special Features:
- Overall Very PleasedNYCEaterVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely delicious, the service however was extremely slowSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!FormerNYerDined on 9/13/2014Wonderfully attentive service too. The lamb was cooked to perfection, and the beef bourguignon was delicious. Loved the fondue, as well as the spinach salad, but the Caesar salad had so much garlic and Tabasco, it overpowered and wilted the romaine. Did enjoy having the salads and very flavorful Bananas Foster prepared table side, but would prefer they use riper bananas for the Bananas Foster, and reduce the sauce so it's not as thin over the ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceckennedyDined on 9/12/2014If you are looking for a quiet spot to enjoy your company, enjoy great food and service, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoelVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was attentive but not overwhelming. The food delivery was superb. The French onion soup was the best I've had and the creamed spinach was out of this world. Of course the steak was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:
- best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014This was a birthday celebration and my fiancé said it was the best steak he has ever had. He had the bone -in filet mignon, I had the regular 10 oz filet and very good also. We shared the cauliflower augratin and the grilled asparagus. There was a lot of food but we planned on taking some home with us so we could enjoy again the next day. Rob was our server and very knowledgeable about the menu and made some good suggestions. We had the escargot for an appetizer and it was good but would try some other dishes next time. Overall a very satisfying dining experience and we will certainly return.Special Features:
- eattoliveorlivetoeatDined on 9/4/2014Viande Rouge is perfect for that special occasion, romantic, quiet, semi dark, great food and terrific atmosphere without having to obtain a bank loan to pay off the bill. Will be back real soon................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Awesome Quality of food, probably top five in AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome ambiancebeachlover7VIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good. I Loved the bananas foster, So did my daughter. Our Server Rob was awesome. We will definitely go back again. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisineVickiDined on 8/23/2014Excellent French-inspired cuisine and comfortable dining is so convenient right in Johns Creek. While the name implies "steak," my grouper was the finest I have ever been served. And the filet was perfectly prepared and exceptional quality. Don't miss the fondue appetizer! And best of all, these restaurant owners support the community, always donating to causes that enhance the city of Johns Creek. Excellent dining is here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable ClassicJJWhitbreadVIPDined on 8/23/2014Viande Rouge is the best steakhouse we've found outside of Atlanta. Not hip or wildly creative, but it offers traditional and classic continental cuisine prepared impeccably. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be one of the best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I would put this resturant up against any steakhouse resturant in town. Everything on the menu is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakKetsupDined on 8/23/2014Excellent. Outstanding. First time visit. Service was excellent. Our sever was knowledgeable, jocular, attractive and attentive without being a pest. Steak was perfect. The filet my wife had, well done, was tender and flavorful. We will be back.Special Features:
- 5 stars and 2 thumbs up rating!ConsistentDinerDined on 8/22/2014How can you not love food that melts in your mouth! The ambiance, the staff and the chef are impeccable whether it be a special occasion or just a routine evening out, if you are looking for food that is excellent, this is the place! Try the artichoke appetizer, amazing, can't really tell you enough about how great this place is, also, Chef Mark is very consistent, in addition he aimes to please all, if its not on the menu just ask, they'll do whatever they can to accomodate. Also if you use opentable.com when making reservations you can give them a heads up on special occasions or special requests. I give this a 5 star 2 thumbs up rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good but...srr3306Dined on 8/16/2014this was our third visit. The food is still excellent and good value but the staff, while still friendly and attentive, is not as professional as they used to be. They have also put in a $25 corkage fee for BYO wine which is a bit excessive. That was partially offset by a comp dessert of their excellent bananas Foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKindoneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Took my parents for their 50th anniversary and was very pleased with entire experience. Everything tasted great, but in particular the oysters appetizer, filet and mushrooms stood out to me. My new favorite steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but missing somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good - wedge salad = excellent, beefsteak tomato and smoked mozzarella = excellent, onion soup = very good, but a little too sweet, bone in filet = excellent, short ribs = very good, creme brûlée = excellent. Service was very lacking and cocktails were not good (Martini = bad with no garnish and Makers and Diet was not mixed well - very disappointing). I wouldn't avoid, but would not make a special trip back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great managementsatisfiedDined on 8/15/2014Although the waitress was not very good, it doesn't take away from the awesome food. I enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRitzerDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Little pricey but was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014As always it was wonderful service,food and ambience. The staff is very attentive. My only complaint was a group of about 10 people who had no consideration for anyone else, but this was not the restaurants faults. Great place.Special Features:
- New Vibe at VROpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Love the new look & energy at VR! Same great food but not so formal or stuffy as it was previously. Well done - Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front of the house lackingfoodieDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been dining at VR since it's opening and have always enjoyed our experiences until now. I have no complaint about the food - it's wonderful, or the quality of the bartender - Devon is fantastic at making an old fashioned - and an authority on bourbon. However, this visit I felt unimportant. My first impression at the door was where the woman at the desk (Kim) made us wait before we were greeted while she was on the phone discussing something not related to dining or a reservation. Once we were seated, our waiter -although competent- was not of the usual standard of excellence we are accustomed to at VR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dineLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014The ambience is relaxing. The food and beverage menu is outstanding! Our server, Daniel was very attentive and the owner, Thomas and his mgr, Kim came to check on us. The whole evening was awesome and a local GEM! We'll be back and hope others will as well! Luv2dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viande Rouge ShinesSPPPVIPDined on 8/2/2014Viande Rouge still brings quality dining and service to this area. The food was excellent as well as the service. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014The food and drink were great. We really enjoyed everything about this evening and the service was exceptional. We decided we need to come here more often and not just save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big10FanDined on 7/19/2014The food is outstanding, from the appetizers to the desserts, all were s some of the of the best we have ever had. A truly great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersjustmeDined on 7/19/2014From the bartender, we had drinks first, to the staff that served our table we were treated royally. There were 4 of us and I was the only one who was not too keen on my choice of Lobster Bisque. The steaks and dover sole were perfection and the deserts, yummy. Was very impressed to see the owner not only supervising his team and checking on customers satisfaction but filling up water glasses and clearing plates.Special Features:
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014What's not to like...if you have a special event to celebrate for adults, you cannot wrong with VR...intimate, but not overly stuffy decor. We had an early dinner reservation...Server was very attentive which you would expect when only a handful of tables were being served, but as the evening went and the place filled up, he was still there every 10 mins or so to check on us. Food...I ordered the 18oz bone in ribeye...cooked to perfection...it would rival any fine steakhouse I've been to, wife had the Lobster Bisque which she loved...the other notable was the Spinach salad...I will come back for that alone. My only regret was being too full for dessert...I've heard the Banannas Fosters is killer...next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTheGoodDoctorDined on 7/12/2014Dined here for my birthday. The food was absolutely outstanding. My waiter got busy and left us hanging for a bit too long; otherwise, the food (specifically the steak and crabcakes) and wine here are the best I've had in a long time. Now, I'm planning impromptu celebrations as a reason to go back here.Special Features:
- Good First TripAlphaJackDined on 7/9/2014Our first visit was quite good. We weren't in love with the beef bourguignon, but everything else was quite good. The waiter recommended a terrific wine, soup and salad were outstanding, Steak Diane was excellent, and a great desert. The beef bourguignon seemed to lack flavor, but clearly was high quality meat. We'll be back.
- Recommended for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Very good food, service and ambience for those special occasions and business dinners, although the prices are a little high. This is a great restaurant for an evening of good food, wine and conversation without the feeling of being rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent fine diningSuburbaniteDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food and service! Comfortable atmosphere in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the CreekFoodHead504Dined on 6/26/2014We had been to the other 2 neighboring restaurants a few times; and decided to try out Viande Rouge. Great idea, as the food and service was unmatched. Being from NOLA; I was pleased to see the raw oysters on the menu. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 326 reviews are from the Viande Rouge reviews archive.
- Another Awesome MealdcastaldiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food, service and ambience, Viande Rouge seems to get better every time we go!!Special Features: