9810 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 900
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: (770) 623-4959
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Marc Sublette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful 14 person private dining room for business or intimate private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Thomas 7706234959x
A word from Viande Rouge
An all adult prime American chophouse with a French flair. An upscale town atmosphere designed by Micheal Habachy, outside the perimeter. Chef Marc Sublette's blend of classic American steakhouse flavors combined with old world French technique is sure to impress. Knowledgeable, friendly service, an extensive wine list will complete your perfect evening. Please join us at Viande Rouge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Viande Rouge - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Viande Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice steak. New waiter, please....MaxSkinnerDined on 11/14/2014Our waiter almost ruined the meal, but not quite. He was sincere, I am sure, but way too affected and flamboyant. He spent a lot of time telling us what wonderful care he was going to take of us--"I will make that happen for you, my man"--but when we needed to catch his eye, he went 'hard focus' and breezed right by--more than once. He called my rather large handicapped guest "big man" and addressed the women as "gorgeous" or "beautiful." We just thought that it was rather rude and silly, but other diners might find it downright offensive. The restaurant needs to do a bit of retraining in this case. We would definitely go back for a good old fashioned steak, but if we ran into this waiter again, we would ask for someone who was good at doing the job as opposed to selling how well he was doing the job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!stefwDined on 11/13/2014First, let me say if you're thinking of bringing children under 18--don't. They will not be admitted. That said, the ambiance is a little cheesy (red velvet, dark wood...), but probably appropriate for a French steakhouse. The evening we went it was a little loud, but I think that was because we were seated next to a large group of businessmen. We started off with appetizers and my husband had oysters on the half shell. They were fresh and small. I had the escargot. They were not prepared the traditional way (butter and heavy garlic) and I was surprised--guess that's what happens when you don't pay attention to the menu! They were tasty, if heavy on the sage. My son had the crab cake and ate the whole thing in a flash. Safe to assume it was good! My husband had the sea bass and it was fresh and delicious. Well prepared. My son and I had steaks. They were perfectly cooked and had lots of flavor. We had the asparagus and roasted mushrooms for sides and they were both very good. Dessert was divine! Cannot recommend the coconut cream pie highly enough! Light and fluffy with a delicate crust. This place is a nice find in the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in AtlantaAtlFoodieVIPDined on 11/5/2014This is by far the best restaurant to eat at in Atlanta.Special Features:
- not your average steakhousesteakandfriteDined on 11/4/2014A top quality steak in a completely different setting... a Parisian theme with several French preparation choices along with the American standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$ but worth it.docdinesDined on 11/1/2014Viande Rouge has been my husbands favorite restauraunt for years. He dines out at least twice a week and has traveled the globe for business, but continuously returns to this restauraunt. It is fun, romantic, and energetic and the food is out of this world. Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeforeDined on 10/25/2014A few loud patrons sitting at the bar watching a football game, at times, it had the ambiance of a sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJennamomof4Dined on 10/24/2014Really great food! Went here for our anniversary they gave us free desert soufflé, we chose grand mariner which was yummy but I will try the chocolate raspberry next time. The fondue was just ok. Crab cake was amazing and seared scallops were amazing ! Ambiance is very romantic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'etait DelicieuxAdrianVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything was outstanding, the dishes that we ordered were all fresh and tasted great. The service, very friendly, was formal and quick. The high price is well worth the superb dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningAtlantaDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have enjoyed Viande Rouge many times for a special evening out. We have also shared several evenings here with close friends. All were wonderful evenings. In the spirit of "full disclosure" with fellow diners, be advised that Viande Rouge is not inexpensive. However, this is the old story of . . . you get what you pay for and we have never been disappointed by either the service or the food. Frankly, I was motivated to write this review after reading some negative reviews. Most of them describe experiences that neither we nor any of our friends have ever experienced. Sadly, it is truly unfortunate that those with negative experiences simply missed the opportunity to enjoy evenings at Viand Rouge as we and our friends.Special Features:
- Disappointed with servicecdub33Dined on 10/9/2014Previous visit was great, but this time, service was not at the level expected for this price point. (Bartender/hostess were pleasant.) I ordered the wine, but it it was presented it to my husband. Food came staggered, with my mother's dish last. Souffle came before our table was cleared. We had to request our meals to go. Our server didn't ask if we wanted any other desserts besides the one souffle, and did not offer us after-dinner drinks or coffee. We had to request that as he was rushing away from our table. Food was good but we were disappointed in service and rushed feel of our meal. Restaurant was not busy and we left by 8:30, so I don't think we were keeping the staff there late or that they were overwhelmed with customers.Special Features:
- Overpriced EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The ambience is upscale and elegant and the service friendly and efficient. The food is very much overpriced and the menu limited. I would not return here and really feel there are much better venues for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Anniversarykrc47Dined on 10/7/2014This was our 47 year anniverary and celebrated it with our special friends. Food and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- A "local" favoriteNVVegVIPDined on 10/6/2014I love the ambiance of this restaurant and their food matches the quality and attention they put into everything else. We regularly go here for our monthly "anniversary" celebrations and it is always a special experience. Their servers are very warm and the bartenders usually have a fun, special cocktail to surprise you with. We usually order a bunch of sides, so can't comment on their extensive and gourmet meat offerings, but can vouch for how incredible everything else is. We will keep coming back...Special Features:
- Just AverageHalsisbetterVIPDined on 10/3/2014I think I will stick with Hal's. Much better for the same money. Just a little over priced for the quality of the food. Salads average. Desserts below average.Special Features:
- Impress your clientsLindaDined on 10/2/2014Viande Rouge is a great place to take business associates and clients. The menu is hearty and the wine list suitable to those who are accustomed to being treated well. The wait staff is pleasant and energetic, and unlike other "high-end" steak houses, the restaurant is quiet enough to hear those who are speaking around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viande RougeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014Wish this restaurant were on the NW side...always up to expectations, great service, moderate to quite atmosphere perfect for business or date night, excellent food somewhere between foodie and always excellent.Special Features:
- Overall Very PleasedNYCEaterVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely delicious, the service however was extremely slowSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!FormerNYerDined on 9/13/2014Wonderfully attentive service too. The lamb was cooked to perfection, and the beef bourguignon was delicious. Loved the fondue, as well as the spinach salad, but the Caesar salad had so much garlic and Tabasco, it overpowered and wilted the romaine. Did enjoy having the salads and very flavorful Bananas Foster prepared table side, but would prefer they use riper bananas for the Bananas Foster, and reduce the sauce so it's not as thin over the ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceckennedyDined on 9/12/2014If you are looking for a quiet spot to enjoy your company, enjoy great food and service, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoelVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was attentive but not overwhelming. The food delivery was superb. The French onion soup was the best I've had and the creamed spinach was out of this world. Of course the steak was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:
- best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014This was a birthday celebration and my fiancé said it was the best steak he has ever had. He had the bone -in filet mignon, I had the regular 10 oz filet and very good also. We shared the cauliflower augratin and the grilled asparagus. There was a lot of food but we planned on taking some home with us so we could enjoy again the next day. Rob was our server and very knowledgeable about the menu and made some good suggestions. We had the escargot for an appetizer and it was good but would try some other dishes next time. Overall a very satisfying dining experience and we will certainly return.Special Features:
- eattoliveorlivetoeatDined on 9/4/2014Viande Rouge is perfect for that special occasion, romantic, quiet, semi dark, great food and terrific atmosphere without having to obtain a bank loan to pay off the bill. Will be back real soon................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Awesome Quality of food, probably top five in AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome ambiancebeachlover7VIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good. I Loved the bananas foster, So did my daughter. Our Server Rob was awesome. We will definitely go back again. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisineVickiDined on 8/23/2014Excellent French-inspired cuisine and comfortable dining is so convenient right in Johns Creek. While the name implies "steak," my grouper was the finest I have ever been served. And the filet was perfectly prepared and exceptional quality. Don't miss the fondue appetizer! And best of all, these restaurant owners support the community, always donating to causes that enhance the city of Johns Creek. Excellent dining is here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable ClassicJJWhitbreadVIPDined on 8/23/2014Viande Rouge is the best steakhouse we've found outside of Atlanta. Not hip or wildly creative, but it offers traditional and classic continental cuisine prepared impeccably. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May be one of the best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I would put this resturant up against any steakhouse resturant in town. Everything on the menu is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakKetsupDined on 8/23/2014Excellent. Outstanding. First time visit. Service was excellent. Our sever was knowledgeable, jocular, attractive and attentive without being a pest. Steak was perfect. The filet my wife had, well done, was tender and flavorful. We will be back.Special Features:
- 5 stars and 2 thumbs up rating!ConsistentDinerDined on 8/22/2014How can you not love food that melts in your mouth! The ambiance, the staff and the chef are impeccable whether it be a special occasion or just a routine evening out, if you are looking for food that is excellent, this is the place! Try the artichoke appetizer, amazing, can't really tell you enough about how great this place is, also, Chef Mark is very consistent, in addition he aimes to please all, if its not on the menu just ask, they'll do whatever they can to accomodate. Also if you use opentable.com when making reservations you can give them a heads up on special occasions or special requests. I give this a 5 star 2 thumbs up rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good but...srr3306Dined on 8/16/2014this was our third visit. The food is still excellent and good value but the staff, while still friendly and attentive, is not as professional as they used to be. They have also put in a $25 corkage fee for BYO wine which is a bit excessive. That was partially offset by a comp dessert of their excellent bananas Foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKindoneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Took my parents for their 50th anniversary and was very pleased with entire experience. Everything tasted great, but in particular the oysters appetizer, filet and mushrooms stood out to me. My new favorite steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but missing somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good - wedge salad = excellent, beefsteak tomato and smoked mozzarella = excellent, onion soup = very good, but a little too sweet, bone in filet = excellent, short ribs = very good, creme brûlée = excellent. Service was very lacking and cocktails were not good (Martini = bad with no garnish and Makers and Diet was not mixed well - very disappointing). I wouldn't avoid, but would not make a special trip back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great managementsatisfiedDined on 8/15/2014Although the waitress was not very good, it doesn't take away from the awesome food. I enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRitzerDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Little pricey but was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014As always it was wonderful service,food and ambience. The staff is very attentive. My only complaint was a group of about 10 people who had no consideration for anyone else, but this was not the restaurants faults. Great place.Special Features:
- New Vibe at VROpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Love the new look & energy at VR! Same great food but not so formal or stuffy as it was previously. Well done - Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front of the house lackingfoodieDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been dining at VR since it's opening and have always enjoyed our experiences until now. I have no complaint about the food - it's wonderful, or the quality of the bartender - Devon is fantastic at making an old fashioned - and an authority on bourbon. However, this visit I felt unimportant. My first impression at the door was where the woman at the desk (Kim) made us wait before we were greeted while she was on the phone discussing something not related to dining or a reservation. Once we were seated, our waiter -although competent- was not of the usual standard of excellence we are accustomed to at VR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dineLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014The ambience is relaxing. The food and beverage menu is outstanding! Our server, Daniel was very attentive and the owner, Thomas and his mgr, Kim came to check on us. The whole evening was awesome and a local GEM! We'll be back and hope others will as well! Luv2dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viande Rouge ShinesSPPPVIPDined on 8/2/2014Viande Rouge still brings quality dining and service to this area. The food was excellent as well as the service. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014The food and drink were great. We really enjoyed everything about this evening and the service was exceptional. We decided we need to come here more often and not just save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Viande Rouge reviews archive.