520 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaviterestaurant.com/
- Phone: (513) 721-8483
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late night "After Show Menu" Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Cristian Pietoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering for events of all types and sizes contact Events Manager Shawn McCabe at 513-721-8480.
- Cross Street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Fountain Square Parking Garage with entrances between 5th and 6th Streets from both Walnut and Vine Streets. Fountain Square exit provides elevator access that exits right in front of our building.
A word from Via Vite
Via Vite is a contemporary Italian bistro located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati right on Fountain Square. Our menu features Chef Cristian's creative spin on Italian cuisine using the best locally sourced ingredients available. Via Vite is the ideal spot for a quick lunch or a lively dinner with friends. We have private rooms available for all size groups and types of events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Via Vite - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Via Vite reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)special occasion (127)great for outdoor dining (96)scenic view (91)notable wine list (90)hot spot (82)good for groups (79)romantic (69)great for lunch (67)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (46)great for brunch (45)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Loud and non impressivemdonnellyDined on 11/20/2014It was extremely loud and chaotic when we arrived. Had a reservation for 6:30pm and didn't get seated until 7. The pasta dish I ordered tasted like something you would make from a ham burger helper box. Service was swift and efficient once we were seated. Not an ideal place if your cloister phobic or on a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Waitress handled our specific requests with our order with grace!! And we had limited time as we were going to the theatre right after dinner. We enjoyed a bottle of wine between our party of four and was served our meal all in a timely manner to get to the theatre in time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch and dinnerBessieDined on 11/18/2014Delicious, superb quality food, great service and a classy place for work dinners or date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliscious!TWake44VIPDined on 11/18/2014Via Vite is a great place. The lunch combo's are terrific. The service is also very consistent, helpful and friendly. Enjoy it each time I go. Great place to take guests for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time visitstakextrordinairVIPDined on 11/15/2014Via Vite was a suggestion by friends prior to a matinee show at Arnoff theater. I booked it on Open Table, but had never personally visited this wonderful establishment. Our server was wonderful, and our experience was outstanding. I highly recomend Via Vite and am enthused about the oportunity to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherDined on 11/13/2014The flat bread pizzas were excellent. We had salad and the carmelized brussel sprouts. Everything was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vite LunchJudiVIPDined on 11/12/2014The restaurant is near my office and I often bring guests here. Consistently good, great service, nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodChrisVIPDined on 11/8/2014An evening at Via Vite is always a wonderful experience. The new Fall/Winter menu has some delicious new additions, as well as many of our old favorites. As good as the food is, the most special part about Via Vite is Chef Cristian: He really makes guests feel like they are welcome, as if we were coming into his home. His genuine appreciation for your business is clear, and that's not something you get at every restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 11/2/2014Good except for noise level. Music playing was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have got to try the brunchGreatForBrunchDined on 11/2/2014We wanted a special brunch for a special occasion. Via Vite was just the place. We had the Goetta Hash and the Americano. Both were great. Tasty and well worth the time to drive downtown. Our server was right there went we needed her, yet not hovering. Just one note, stay away from Bengals home games. Parking at Fountain Square was $15.00! We parked further North in the downtown for much less. Hey if I'm going to spend 15 bucks it will be on a Via Vite dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vite is a downtown gem!rcg775Dined on 11/1/2014The food is always delicious! The Cinghiale is my favorite, tastes exactly like the best meal I had in Florence, Italy. Ask for the arugual salad with anchovies for dinner...wonderful! We wanted to literally bathe in the polenta, a must try. Just get there, it is fabulous.Special Features:
- EhFoodieMaDined on 11/1/2014Upon entering I felt the staff was disappointed that I had my 12 year old daughter with me. Their welcome was not very warm. It was my daughters birthday. She is an aspiring chef who wants to open up her own Italian restaurant. We had the meatballs. They reminded me of Chef Borodie. We ordered a ceaser salad. The lettuce was limp. Finally we ordered a Margherita pizza. It was great. Terrific crust. We have ordered dessert but was given our check and not asked. So I won't go back. I won't tell others to go.Special Features:
- excellent on the squarereviewladyDined on 10/31/2014For a special occasion- one couldn't ask for more. And because we went on Halloween- our waiter was especially attentive (many who may have enjoyed a Friday out, were obligated on the home front.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Via Vite is on my short list for business lunches. Great for dinner dining as well. Highly recommend this restauarantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!EnjoyableVIPDined on 10/28/2014Love Via Vite! Enjoyed a delicious lunch from the choose two option. It was delicious, reasonably priced and served in a lovely setting.Special Features:
- Good Food, Okay ServicemattDined on 10/26/2014Went to Via Vite on Sunday night (10-26-14). Sat by the window overlooking Fountain Sq. Ordered the scallops- maybe the best I've ever had. Wish there were more included but they were very large. Ordered a martini that didn't arrive until the food did, and another once done eating that didn't arrive until the check showed up. Other than the drink issue the experience was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We were very disappointed with our experience this evening. We had a 8:45 reservation and were not seated until after 9:00. They put us upstairs practically on the outside terrace . The ambiance up there was nothing like it is on the main floor. Our waitress had an attitude and was not very helpful. Once we placed our order we received bread and our salad but then did not receive our main course until 10:30. The waitress came back once to say that there was a problem with the computer and our order. The manager didn't come to offer his apologies either. They did not offer any appetizers or anything to hold us over. We had to ask for extra bread even though the table next to us kept on getting endless servings of bread.Special Features:
- hmm. don't think soct1226VIPDined on 10/25/2014We expected a lot from Via Vite based upon other reviews, but were pretty disappointed. Gnocchi and pizza were very greasy and heavy (fortunately the waitress warned us)--and i would only describe the Octopus appetizer as yummy. Service was poor--we had to wait 30 mins for our table, waitress almost broke the wine bottle opening it and then asked if we wanted cheese on our already very heavy pizza and gnocchi. Prices are pretty high, so management has some work to do. Maybe it was just a super busy Sat night but i wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningbrianDined on 10/25/2014Overall was very nice experience. Food was very good. Sat us at a nice table for two overlooking the square. Unlike some restaurants where tables for 2 are tiny, this one was perfect size. Not too big, but big enough to not feel cramped. Server was very friendly. Service was a tad slow, but it was also 7:30 on a Saturday night so the place was full. Server recommended the octopus appetizer. I was a little reluctant, but it was pretty tasty. I ordered the pork chop and my wife ordered the ravioli. She enjoyed her meal as did I. For dessert we split the crème brulee. If you like chocolate, you will enjoy this. It was extremely rich and was really more than the 2 of us needed, but nonetheless was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Full Montyluv2dineDined on 10/25/2014Every aspect of the dining experience at Via Vite is excellent: the service and knowledgeable staff, the drinks, the appetizers, the entree, and finally the dessert and coffee or after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kmh11Dined on 10/24/2014We felt rushed to order and the waitress wasn't as knowledgable as she appeared. The lasagna looked wonderful but tasted like a bag of melted cheese. The mussels weren't prepared properly, either. Great location. But I will not be back.
- best foodshelleyDined on 10/21/2014Everytime i've been to ViaVite they have the most fabulous food! Our service was behind a large groups order, so they even brought out some appetizers on the house for having to wait a bit longer for our order. All the food was fabulous and the service was great.Special Features:
- Dinner with babyBearcareypmDined on 10/21/2014Excellent staff service. Food very good not quite as great as last visit in the summertime. Very accommodating for 7 month old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDelicousnessDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I were told that we must try Via Vite during our stay in Cincinnati. We were so happy that we got the chance. The menu was impressive and imaginative. When the chef came to our table, we had nothing but praise for him. I recommend the lamb shank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cici47VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our server Steph did an excellent job and the food was perfect for a cool, rainy Saturday evening.Special Features:
- A wedding night dinnerFeedback17usDined on 10/18/2014We had wanted to try Via Vite for a while and when the time came they did not disapoint. The staff was very curtious and attentive, they offered helpfull recommendations on wine and desserts. The food, all of the food, was wonderful and the chef checked on us twice during our meal to make sure everything was perfect. The restaurant was clean and felt alive but not crowded. The dinner service was prompt and we were not left wanting anything. This was a very enjoyable and reasonable restaurant experience, I will be returning to, as well as recommending Via Vite to anyone who asks.Special Features:
- A favorite!CincinnatiiDined on 10/11/2014Chef Christian does it all right. The food and the service is always fantastic. Stylish environment, but totally relaxed.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencerocknrollaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I cannot say enough great things about this restaurant. We were vacationing in Cinncy and went with OpenTable ratings. I would go back for sure!! Seafood was outstanding. Pasta and pizza was fabulous. Plus they had some great local micro craft beer on draftSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dinner DowntownSam1965Dined on 10/6/2014Our party had a nice experience at Via Vite. The food was good but not outstanding. My carpaccio was well prepared but the accompanying salad was over dressed. The pork belly could have been rendered a bit more and the accompanying brussel sprouts were overcooked for my taste. Having said this, the kitchen was very accommodating to a guest with a nut allergy and one who wanted less fondu on his gnocchi. The server was also very helpful in selecting a wine. Overall, we had a good meal in a comfortable setting.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014On a recent visit to Cincinnati, I made reservations at Via Vite thinking it would be a great experience in a town I really enjoyed. From the moment of arrival to the conclusion (which came sooner than later), the employees were disengaged and acted as if they did not care at all. I am a very fair person, however, I am not able to rank this any higher. If you are seeking great Italian food and the accompanying service, look elsewhere.
- 5 stars!FoodiesRUSDined on 10/3/2014Loved the chic ambiance and low key atmosphere. Food and drink menu provided a variety of taste and budget options with quality never jeopardized regardless of the item. All staff was friendly and the owner was sure to stop by our table to check in on us. There isn't one thing on the menu you can go wrong with ordering. Staff asked if we were attending the show at the Arnoff to ensure we had our food and beverages in time to make the show.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightFoodPrincess1Dined on 10/3/2014we had an amazing dinner!! this has always been our first choice for brunch but have not been for dinner in a while. we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- dinner at Via VitePollyDined on 10/2/2014Sat upstairs outside on a beautiful night. The music was a little loud to me; maybe because I don't really like the techno style music that was being played. Seared goat cheese salad was great (as always). The waitress really helpful with picking out our entrees. Really glad that Via Vite is local. I always recommend it to bring out of towners to. Every restaurant on Fountain Square should be local!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef visits the table!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014The food was great, service was fast (we had tickets to a show and had no issues getting out within an hour), Chef Christian came and gave us some highlights of the entrees. After we had our food, he visited again to confirm we were happy with our meal choices. Very energetic place and the staff was efficient. I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- great place for lunch on pretty dayJJssVIPDined on 9/29/2014we sat outside and endjoyed a great light lunch on pretty day overlooking the squareSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentsandieDined on 9/28/2014We are always pleased with Via Vite whether we are having a fine romantic dinner or grabbing a quick pizza. The food is both creative and excellent and the service great. This time we enjoyed dinner on the terrace taking advantage of the few days left of good weather.Special Features:
- eatwell1Dined on 9/28/2014Service and food was great I really enjoyed it. I will come back.Special Features:
- Food for the soulMullsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We arrived at Via Vite looking for a respite from the "real world" and based on the rec of 'foodie' friends...and got everything we hoped for. The night of our visit, the ambiance in this glass-walled cube located directly ON Fountain Square was "enhanced" by a well-attended concert in full swing just steps away. Although the noise and commotion were certainly apparent in the restaurant, the servers were friendly, informed, attentive and invisible. And once the food arrived, the scene outside didn't matter anymore. How was our meal? Well, let's just say we took lots of pictures!! Bottom line: no matter how terrible your month has been, I promise that two spoons and a Caramel Complexity can make it all better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningKlasDined on 9/27/2014Service was great. Food excellent. Nice evening before the theater. We would go backSpecial Features:
- What are you waiting for?NicholeGDined on 9/26/2014If you have not yet dined at Via Vite, you're overlooking one of the finest, most vibrant restaurants in downtown today. The menu is absolutely divine, with a great variety of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts from which to choose. Friday night, I enjoyed the Ravioli with Asparagus and Lobster - I was blown away! It's a wonderful place for all of life's celebrations, or to simply celebrate life. The service was genuine and personal, and our waiter provided a lot of insightful recommendations. The chef himself served us dessert! What a special touch. Don't miss out this weekend - definitely make your reservation soon!Special Features: