520 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaviterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5137218483x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late night "After Show Menu" Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Cristian Pietoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering for events of all types and sizes contact Events Manager Shawn McCabe at 513-721-8480.
- Cross Street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Fountain Square Parking Garage with entrances between 5th and 6th Streets from both Walnut and Vine Streets. Fountain Square exit provides elevator access that exits right in front of our building.
A word from Via Vite
Via Vite is a contemporary Italian bistro located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati right on Fountain Square. Our menu features Chef Cristian's creative spin on Italian cuisine using the best locally sourced ingredients available. Via Vite is the ideal spot for a quick lunch or a lively dinner with friends. We have private rooms available for all size groups and types of events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Via Vite - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Via Vite reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)special occasion (122)great for outdoor dining (102)scenic view (94)notable wine list (81)good for groups (77)romantic (76)hot spot (69)great for lunch (60)neighborhood gem (49)vibrant bar scene (40)great for brunch (39)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- best foodshelleyDined on 10/21/2014Everytime i've been to ViaVite they have the most fabulous food! Our service was behind a large groups order, so they even brought out some appetizers on the house for having to wait a bit longer for our order. All the food was fabulous and the service was great.Special Features:
- Dinner with babyBearcareypmDined on 10/21/2014Excellent staff service. Food very good not quite as great as last visit in the summertime. Very accommodating for 7 month old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDelicousnessDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I were told that we must try Via Vite during our stay in Cincinnati. We were so happy that we got the chance. The menu was impressive and imaginative. When the chef came to our table, we had nothing but praise for him. I recommend the lamb shank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cici47VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our server Steph did an excellent job and the food was perfect for a cool, rainy Saturday evening.Special Features:
- A favorite!CincinnatiiDined on 10/11/2014Chef Christian does it all right. The food and the service is always fantastic. Stylish environment, but totally relaxed.Special Features:
- A Good Dinner DowntownSam1965Dined on 10/6/2014Our party had a nice experience at Via Vite. The food was good but not outstanding. My carpaccio was well prepared but the accompanying salad was over dressed. The pork belly could have been rendered a bit more and the accompanying brussel sprouts were overcooked for my taste. Having said this, the kitchen was very accommodating to a guest with a nut allergy and one who wanted less fondu on his gnocchi. The server was also very helpful in selecting a wine. Overall, we had a good meal in a comfortable setting.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014On a recent visit to Cincinnati, I made reservations at Via Vite thinking it would be a great experience in a town I really enjoyed. From the moment of arrival to the conclusion (which came sooner than later), the employees were disengaged and acted as if they did not care at all. I am a very fair person, however, I am not able to rank this any higher. If you are seeking great Italian food and the accompanying service, look elsewhere.
- 5 stars!FoodiesRUSDined on 10/3/2014Loved the chic ambiance and low key atmosphere. Food and drink menu provided a variety of taste and budget options with quality never jeopardized regardless of the item. All staff was friendly and the owner was sure to stop by our table to check in on us. There isn't one thing on the menu you can go wrong with ordering. Staff asked if we were attending the show at the Arnoff to ensure we had our food and beverages in time to make the show.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightFoodPrincess1Dined on 10/3/2014we had an amazing dinner!! this has always been our first choice for brunch but have not been for dinner in a while. we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- dinner at Via VitePollyDined on 10/2/2014Sat upstairs outside on a beautiful night. The music was a little loud to me; maybe because I don't really like the techno style music that was being played. Seared goat cheese salad was great (as always). The waitress really helpful with picking out our entrees. Really glad that Via Vite is local. I always recommend it to bring out of towners to. Every restaurant on Fountain Square should be local!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef visits the table!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014The food was great, service was fast (we had tickets to a show and had no issues getting out within an hour), Chef Christian came and gave us some highlights of the entrees. After we had our food, he visited again to confirm we were happy with our meal choices. Very energetic place and the staff was efficient. I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- great place for lunch on pretty dayJJssVIPDined on 9/29/2014we sat outside and endjoyed a great light lunch on pretty day overlooking the squareSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentsandieDined on 9/28/2014We are always pleased with Via Vite whether we are having a fine romantic dinner or grabbing a quick pizza. The food is both creative and excellent and the service great. This time we enjoyed dinner on the terrace taking advantage of the few days left of good weather.Special Features:
- eatwell1Dined on 9/28/2014Service and food was great I really enjoyed it. I will come back.Special Features:
- Food for the soulMullsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We arrived at Via Vite looking for a respite from the "real world" and based on the rec of 'foodie' friends...and got everything we hoped for. The night of our visit, the ambiance in this glass-walled cube located directly ON Fountain Square was "enhanced" by a well-attended concert in full swing just steps away. Although the noise and commotion were certainly apparent in the restaurant, the servers were friendly, informed, attentive and invisible. And once the food arrived, the scene outside didn't matter anymore. How was our meal? Well, let's just say we took lots of pictures!! Bottom line: no matter how terrible your month has been, I promise that two spoons and a Caramel Complexity can make it all better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningKlasDined on 9/27/2014Service was great. Food excellent. Nice evening before the theater. We would go backSpecial Features:
- What are you waiting for?NicholeGDined on 9/26/2014If you have not yet dined at Via Vite, you're overlooking one of the finest, most vibrant restaurants in downtown today. The menu is absolutely divine, with a great variety of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts from which to choose. Friday night, I enjoyed the Ravioli with Asparagus and Lobster - I was blown away! It's a wonderful place for all of life's celebrations, or to simply celebrate life. The service was genuine and personal, and our waiter provided a lot of insightful recommendations. The chef himself served us dessert! What a special touch. Don't miss out this weekend - definitely make your reservation soon!Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise.CoupleDined on 9/26/2014A friend recommended Via Vitae. I'll have to thank them. Very tasty food and great service. The place was a bit noisy on a Friday night. The Carmel dessert was fantastic. The ravioli and lobster were delicious. I also loved that the chef came to every table to be sure patrons were happy. You don't see that often these days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWinendineVIPDined on 9/25/2014Via Vite is one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The food is consistently outstanding. I'm a somewhat picky eater and when I go to Via Vite I want to eat almost everything on the menu. The pizza alone is a reason to eat there but the salads, pastas and entrees are as good as any Italian restaurant anywhere in the world. The star is the pasta bolognese which is not to be missed. Service is always good and the wait staff are comfortably attentive. I like the wine list too as it is thoughtful and contains a variety of reasonable and diverse options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Everything was very nice. Enjoyed chatting with owner/chef. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go back!eclipse689VIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. Including the chocolate creme brule! The chef stopped by just after we finished entrees and made a few dessert recommendations which were spot on. Service was fast and attentive and she even asked if we were attending a nearby show so she could take into consideration any time constraints. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!anonymousDined on 9/23/2014Delicious food that used creative flavors while letting the flavors of the quality ingredients shine thru Great service - chef came to our table ensure we had enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good experience at Via ViteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was pretty active for late on a Sunday. The food is always delicious. Two dishes took too long to come out. Even though we were not complaining and not in a hurry, they took those off of the bill anyway, which was very nice of them. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent serviceBillyBDined on 9/21/2014Our server was excellent; very knowledgeable of their new tap beers and wines, and especially the food menu. I personally had the "seafood stew" appetizer, which is easily large enough for a meal (which is exactly what I did).Special Features:
- OutstandingPerfniteoutDined on 9/20/2014The view of Fountain Square was great, food was amazing, specifically the wood fired pizzas. The chef came out & made suggestions for wine & beer-his expertise were right on! Service was phenomenal! Highly recommend trying. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Theatre Diners4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent: 2 specials, meatball appetizer, Pizza, Pasta dish capped off with sensational chocolate crème Brule. Tomeresco Chardonnay is superb. Service was right on. out in time to catch Ensemble show at 7:30 PM start time.Special Features:
- palominoponyVIPDined on 9/15/2014food was less than acceptable. Pizza was completely burned on the bottom. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Best gnocchi I've had in ages and my husband's scallops were incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from beginning to end!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful food with great presentation! Just delish!!! Best food in cincy! Service was perfect and the views are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMMUMMGOODDined on 9/10/2014I alway come to Via Vite for events but this was my first time for lunch and the food was amazing and the portions were perfect. I love love love Via Vite!!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was great and the service was amazing.....except I could only eat half my meal so I asked them to box it up. Another server brought my boxed up food over (which should have been half of my $25 meal), but when I got home I realized that the server gave me someone's leftover Brussel sprouts. I was pretty disappointed to find out that I paid that much money to only get the chance to eat half of it. Next time, I'll check before I leave, but I didn't think I'd have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vite - GREAT!JackieDined on 9/4/2014My sister and I took our Mom here to celebrate her 80th birthday. It was a early dinner start 5:45 for downtown. The service was exceptional - and very helpful with some food allergies for my Mom. Caring and helpful but not the focus of the evening. Dinner was fabulous. Fig gelato was particularly good. Had a wonderful evening that she is still talking about! Including that the chef came out to speak to us and make suggestions for dessert.Special Features:
- Last secondMikejordanDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and i were in Cincinnati for the weekend and decided to go out for a nice romantic dinner. We tried to get into a number of restaurants before Via Vite and couldn't get in because of the wait. So I went online, saw Via Vite, and made a reservation. I was so happy I did the restaurant was really cool looking, the service was great, and the food was amazing. I had the shuck of lamb and recommend it all the way! The wine list was great and it was 50% off certain wines because it was a Sunday! The owner of the restaurant personally came and checked on us and was very cool and nice and the whole vibe and feel of the restaurant was romantic. My girl and I ended off a stressful night in a great way at Via Vite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!searching4gudfoodDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I went and both loved it absolutely great food and service.Special Features:
- cincyjeffVIPDined on 8/31/2014Somewhat disappointing Caesar salad - greens seemed less than fresh. Pizza was ok.
- FantastickcejDined on 8/30/2014It was our first visit Saturday and everything was amazing! Especially loved the asparagus/beet/goat cheese salad! Gnocchi was to die for and glad we saved room for dessert. Carmel Complexity was fantastic! Loved the different textures and tastes! Everything was presented beautifully also! Definitely a must do again!Special Features:
- EVERY BITE YOU EATDiningOutDined on 8/18/2014This is my second visit and definitely not my last. Brought along a new diner to sample the experience. Houston, we have another frequent diner on our hands. Food was great, service was attentive and you have to keep room available for dessert. The newcomer not only devoured the lamb shank entree, but also took out the Carmel Complexity for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 8/17/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. The last two times I've been, however, the service has been lacking. So, that has been a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodbigfanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Via Vite many times, and we have never been disappointed. It is the place we like to take out of town guests to show off the city. Prices are very reasonable considering the fine quality of the food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!IslaymaltmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed introducing friends to Via Vite on this visit. The food as always was outstanding. They couldn't believe that someone could make brussell sprouts taste so good. Loved the new filet interpretation and "vertical food" is always fun. The Penne Bolognese never disappoints. Everything was spot on. Chef Pietoso was so gracious and visited our table several times. They care about a great experience here.Special Features: