520 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaviterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5137218483x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late night "After Show Menu" Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Cristian Pietoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering for events of all types and sizes contact Events Manager Shawn McCabe at 513-721-8480.
- Cross Street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Fountain Square Parking Garage with entrances between 5th and 6th Streets from both Walnut and Vine Streets. Fountain Square exit provides elevator access that exits right in front of our building.
A word from Via Vite
Via Vite is a contemporary Italian bistro located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati right on Fountain Square. Our menu features Chef Cristian's creative spin on Italian cuisine using the best locally sourced ingredients available. Via Vite is the ideal spot for a quick lunch or a lively dinner with friends. We have private rooms available for all size groups and types of events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Via Vite - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Via Vite reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (125)great for outdoor dining (118)scenic view (96)romantic (80)notable wine list (77)good for groups (75)hot spot (71)great for lunch (60)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (43)great for brunch (38)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014We are always pleased with Via Vite whether we are having a fine romantic dinner or grabbing a quick pizza. The food is both creative and excellent and the service great. This time we enjoyed dinner on the terrace taking advantage of the few days left of good weather.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Service and food was great I really enjoyed it. I will come back.Special Features:
- Food for the soulMullsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We arrived at Via Vite looking for a respite from the "real world" and based on the rec of 'foodie' friends...and got everything we hoped for. The night of our visit, the ambiance in this glass-walled cube located directly ON Fountain Square was "enhanced" by a well-attended concert in full swing just steps away. Although the noise and commotion were certainly apparent in the restaurant, the servers were friendly, informed, attentive and invisible. And once the food arrived, the scene outside didn't matter anymore. How was our meal? Well, let's just say we took lots of pictures!! Bottom line: no matter how terrible your month has been, I promise that two spoons and a Caramel Complexity can make it all better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are you waiting for?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014If you have not yet dined at Via Vite, you're overlooking one of the finest, most vibrant restaurants in downtown today. The menu is absolutely divine, with a great variety of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts from which to choose. Friday night, I enjoyed the Ravioli with Asparagus and Lobster - I was blown away! It's a wonderful place for all of life's celebrations, or to simply celebrate life. The service was genuine and personal, and our waiter provided a lot of insightful recommendations. The chef himself served us dessert! What a special touch. Don't miss out this weekend - definitely make your reservation soon!Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise.CoupleDined on 9/26/2014A friend recommended Via Vitae. I'll have to thank them. Very tasty food and great service. The place was a bit noisy on a Friday night. The Carmel dessert was fantastic. The ravioli and lobster were delicious. I also loved that the chef came to every table to be sure patrons were happy. You don't see that often these days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceWinendineVIPDined on 9/25/2014Via Vite is one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The food is consistently outstanding. I'm a somewhat picky eater and when I go to Via Vite I want to eat almost everything on the menu. The pizza alone is a reason to eat there but the salads, pastas and entrees are as good as any Italian restaurant anywhere in the world. The star is the pasta bolognese which is not to be missed. Service is always good and the wait staff are comfortably attentive. I like the wine list too as it is thoughtful and contains a variety of reasonable and diverse options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Everything was very nice. Enjoyed chatting with owner/chef. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go back!eclipse689VIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. Including the chocolate creme brule! The chef stopped by just after we finished entrees and made a few dessert recommendations which were spot on. Service was fast and attentive and she even asked if we were attending a nearby show so she could take into consideration any time constraints. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!anonymousDined on 9/23/2014Delicious food that used creative flavors while letting the flavors of the quality ingredients shine thru Great service - chef came to our table ensure we had enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good experience at Via ViteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was pretty active for late on a Sunday. The food is always delicious. Two dishes took too long to come out. Even though we were not complaining and not in a hurry, they took those off of the bill anyway, which was very nice of them. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent serviceBillyBDined on 9/21/2014Our server was excellent; very knowledgeable of their new tap beers and wines, and especially the food menu. I personally had the "seafood stew" appetizer, which is easily large enough for a meal (which is exactly what I did).Special Features:
- OutstandingPerfniteoutDined on 9/20/2014The view of Fountain Square was great, food was amazing, specifically the wood fired pizzas. The chef came out & made suggestions for wine & beer-his expertise were right on! Service was phenomenal! Highly recommend trying. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Theatre Diners4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent: 2 specials, meatball appetizer, Pizza, Pasta dish capped off with sensational chocolate crème Brule. Tomeresco Chardonnay is superb. Service was right on. out in time to catch Ensemble show at 7:30 PM start time.Special Features:
- palominoponyVIPDined on 9/15/2014food was less than acceptable. Pizza was completely burned on the bottom. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Best gnocchi I've had in ages and my husband's scallops were incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from beginning to end!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful food with great presentation! Just delish!!! Best food in cincy! Service was perfect and the views are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMMUMMGOODDined on 9/10/2014I alway come to Via Vite for events but this was my first time for lunch and the food was amazing and the portions were perfect. I love love love Via Vite!!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was great and the service was amazing.....except I could only eat half my meal so I asked them to box it up. Another server brought my boxed up food over (which should have been half of my $25 meal), but when I got home I realized that the server gave me someone's leftover Brussel sprouts. I was pretty disappointed to find out that I paid that much money to only get the chance to eat half of it. Next time, I'll check before I leave, but I didn't think I'd have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vite - GREAT!JackieDined on 9/4/2014My sister and I took our Mom here to celebrate her 80th birthday. It was a early dinner start 5:45 for downtown. The service was exceptional - and very helpful with some food allergies for my Mom. Caring and helpful but not the focus of the evening. Dinner was fabulous. Fig gelato was particularly good. Had a wonderful evening that she is still talking about! Including that the chef came out to speak to us and make suggestions for dessert.Special Features:
- Last secondMikejordanDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and i were in Cincinnati for the weekend and decided to go out for a nice romantic dinner. We tried to get into a number of restaurants before Via Vite and couldn't get in because of the wait. So I went online, saw Via Vite, and made a reservation. I was so happy I did the restaurant was really cool looking, the service was great, and the food was amazing. I had the shuck of lamb and recommend it all the way! The wine list was great and it was 50% off certain wines because it was a Sunday! The owner of the restaurant personally came and checked on us and was very cool and nice and the whole vibe and feel of the restaurant was romantic. My girl and I ended off a stressful night in a great way at Via Vite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!searching4gudfoodDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I went and both loved it absolutely great food and service.Special Features:
- cincyjeffVIPDined on 8/31/2014Somewhat disappointing Caesar salad - greens seemed less than fresh. Pizza was ok.
- FantastickcejDined on 8/30/2014It was our first visit Saturday and everything was amazing! Especially loved the asparagus/beet/goat cheese salad! Gnocchi was to die for and glad we saved room for dessert. Carmel Complexity was fantastic! Loved the different textures and tastes! Everything was presented beautifully also! Definitely a must do again!Special Features:
- EVERY BITE YOU EATDiningOutDined on 8/18/2014This is my second visit and definitely not my last. Brought along a new diner to sample the experience. Houston, we have another frequent diner on our hands. Food was great, service was attentive and you have to keep room available for dessert. The newcomer not only devoured the lamb shank entree, but also took out the Carmel Complexity for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 8/17/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. The last two times I've been, however, the service has been lacking. So, that has been a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodbigfanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Via Vite many times, and we have never been disappointed. It is the place we like to take out of town guests to show off the city. Prices are very reasonable considering the fine quality of the food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!IslaymaltmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed introducing friends to Via Vite on this visit. The food as always was outstanding. They couldn't believe that someone could make brussell sprouts taste so good. Loved the new filet interpretation and "vertical food" is always fun. The Penne Bolognese never disappoints. Everything was spot on. Chef Pietoso was so gracious and visited our table several times. They care about a great experience here.Special Features:
- Great service and foodMicheleDined on 8/17/2014We were there for brunch with a reservation. Great choices for the brunch menu and it was delicious. Servers were nice and accommodating to our seating preference. Would recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, service, locationJeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014We always have a great meal at Via Vite. We visited during restaurant week and enjoyed the fixed price 3-course dinner with wine pairing. My pork chop with truffle shavings in marsala sauce was outstanding. For an appetizer, my wife had delicious greens, with melon and prosciutto paired with a red from Montepulciano. For dessert, we enjoyed chocolate cream brulee paired with a homemade orange lemoncello. Chef Cristian always greets us to make sure we are enjoying ourselves. Via Vite is truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant Night at Via ViteKwithacDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations for Restaurant Week at Via Vite. I enjoyed my choices-- goat cheese with field greens, gnocchi, I prefer ordering from the regular menu. I raise my glass in salute to the bartender who came up with an outstanding Strawberry Mojito. Also kudos to the pastry chef for the rendition of carmelized peach. Many Cincinnati restaurants fall into the"me too" category offering tired yet tasty renditions of old favorites. Via Vite hears a different drummer and presents dishes one could expect from a world-class restauarnts in big metropolises like Los Angeles, New York or Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We came for my friend's bday, we were there for 20 min before anyone walked by our table and we had to let them know we have been sitting there for awhile, the server stated she would get us some our waters and also get our server, she returned to say our server was "overwhelmed" and that she would take our table, only having 6 days of training. She did a good job (Alexa) we were patient with her due to feeling bad that she was put in this position. At one pt we asked someone who took our empty wine bottle from the table for another bottle, the person said she would get it and never returned. This night was a very frustrating and disappointing first time experience at this restaurant.
- DeliciousLSP0Dined on 8/15/2014We took our kids (26, 30 & 35) for restaurant week, though one of them ordered from the regular menu. Had a great time catching up. The food was delicious, per usual. We've been to Via Vite before - in fact had a rehearsal dinner in their private dining room. We knew this would be a fun night with good food and good service, and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Good dinner at Via VitegraywildDined on 8/15/2014We went during restaurant week and ordered from that menu. Overall meal was good and wine suggested went well with the pairing. Dessert was chocolate creme brulee which was unusual and tasty.Special Features:
- First time hear. Service was good.RalphDined on 8/14/2014Being our first time at restaurant which we told out server we never saw a wine list and waitress did and average job of explaining menu. Night got better as both manager and Owner /Chef came out to speak with us and thanked us or our visit. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We dined during Cincinnati's restaurant week. Via Vite offered a three course menu with wine pairings for $50. Great choices, the first course of San Marzano tomato mousse was remarkable, bursting with flavor, great creamy texture. Entrees were great too, wine pairings were expertly executed, but perhaps the most memorable was the house-made orangecello which was served with the chocolate creme brûlée dessert. We can't stop thinking about it!Special Features:
- JustmeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Nice special night out celebrating my granddaughter' s 9 th birthday. Accomodating staff worked with our table of 8 including four children. Only drawback was the noise level emanating from Fountain Square's reggae night.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Via Vite has a great happy hour. I went with a group of girlfriends after work and we sat on the outdoor patio. Great view from fountain square and great happy hour pricing and options. We all loved it and will be making it a regular meeting spot.Special Features:
- DescriptionFineDiningDined on 8/12/2014Thought the menu was pricey for the quality of food. If I am going to spend that much, I have other restaurants that I would rather go to. Just not for me, but if you like Italian food you will like.Special Features:
- COMING BACK AGAINDiningOutDined on 8/12/2014Dined with a co-worker, first visit, and the first view bites were uneventful. Gave our meals a chance to blend the seasonings and ended up with an excellent dining experience. I tried the lamb shank which was too much food, but worth saving the rest for the next day. The only comment is that their sides presumably are for sharing, dont think so! The carmel sea salt gelatto was delicious as well. Going back again next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchKimmerDined on 8/12/2014Got there @ 11:30 and very quiet. Good to discuss business. Food was great. Place was hopping by the time we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.