520 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaviterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5137218483x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Late night "After Show Menu" Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Cristian Pietoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering for events of all types and sizes contact Events Manager Shawn McCabe at 513-721-8480.
- Cross Street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Fountain Square Parking Garage with entrances between 5th and 6th Streets from both Walnut and Vine Streets. Fountain Square exit provides elevator access that exits right in front of our building.
A word from Via Vite
Via Vite is a contemporary Italian bistro located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati right on Fountain Square. Our menu features Chef Cristian's creative spin on Italian cuisine using the best locally sourced ingredients available. Via Vite is the ideal spot for a quick lunch or a lively dinner with friends. We have private rooms available for all size groups and types of events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Via Vite - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Via Vite reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)special occasion (111)great for outdoor dining (109)scenic view (87)romantic (72)notable wine list (67)good for groups (66)hot spot (63)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (52)great for brunch (38)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- 4 Theatre Diners4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent: 2 specials, meatball appetizer, Pizza, Pasta dish capped off with sensational chocolate crème Brule. Tomeresco Chardonnay is superb. Service was right on. out in time to catch Ensemble show at 7:30 PM start time.Special Features:
- palominoponyVIPDined on 9/15/2014food was less than acceptable. Pizza was completely burned on the bottom. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Best gnocchi I've had in ages and my husband's scallops were incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from beginning to end!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful food with great presentation! Just delish!!! Best food in cincy! Service was perfect and the views are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMMUMMGOODDined on 9/10/2014I alway come to Via Vite for events but this was my first time for lunch and the food was amazing and the portions were perfect. I love love love Via Vite!!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was great and the service was amazing.....except I could only eat half my meal so I asked them to box it up. Another server brought my boxed up food over (which should have been half of my $25 meal), but when I got home I realized that the server gave me someone's leftover Brussel sprouts. I was pretty disappointed to find out that I paid that much money to only get the chance to eat half of it. Next time, I'll check before I leave, but I didn't think I'd have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vite - GREAT!JackieDined on 9/4/2014My sister and I took our Mom here to celebrate her 80th birthday. It was a early dinner start 5:45 for downtown. The service was exceptional - and very helpful with some food allergies for my Mom. Caring and helpful but not the focus of the evening. Dinner was fabulous. Fig gelato was particularly good. Had a wonderful evening that she is still talking about! Including that the chef came out to speak to us and make suggestions for dessert.Special Features:
- Last secondMikejordanDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and i were in Cincinnati for the weekend and decided to go out for a nice romantic dinner. We tried to get into a number of restaurants before Via Vite and couldn't get in because of the wait. So I went online, saw Via Vite, and made a reservation. I was so happy I did the restaurant was really cool looking, the service was great, and the food was amazing. I had the shuck of lamb and recommend it all the way! The wine list was great and it was 50% off certain wines because it was a Sunday! The owner of the restaurant personally came and checked on us and was very cool and nice and the whole vibe and feel of the restaurant was romantic. My girl and I ended off a stressful night in a great way at Via Vite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!searching4gudfoodDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I went and both loved it absolutely great food and service.Special Features:
- cincyjeffVIPDined on 8/31/2014Somewhat disappointing Caesar salad - greens seemed less than fresh. Pizza was ok.
- FantastickcejDined on 8/30/2014It was our first visit Saturday and everything was amazing! Especially loved the asparagus/beet/goat cheese salad! Gnocchi was to die for and glad we saved room for dessert. Carmel Complexity was fantastic! Loved the different textures and tastes! Everything was presented beautifully also! Definitely a must do again!Special Features:
- EVERY BITE YOU EATDiningOutDined on 8/18/2014This is my second visit and definitely not my last. Brought along a new diner to sample the experience. Houston, we have another frequent diner on our hands. Food was great, service was attentive and you have to keep room available for dessert. The newcomer not only devoured the lamb shank entree, but also took out the Carmel Complexity for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 8/17/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. The last two times I've been, however, the service has been lacking. So, that has been a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodbigfanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Via Vite many times, and we have never been disappointed. It is the place we like to take out of town guests to show off the city. Prices are very reasonable considering the fine quality of the food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!IslaymaltmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed introducing friends to Via Vite on this visit. The food as always was outstanding. They couldn't believe that someone could make brussell sprouts taste so good. Loved the new filet interpretation and "vertical food" is always fun. The Penne Bolognese never disappoints. Everything was spot on. Chef Pietoso was so gracious and visited our table several times. They care about a great experience here.Special Features:
- Great service and foodMicheleDined on 8/17/2014We were there for brunch with a reservation. Great choices for the brunch menu and it was delicious. Servers were nice and accommodating to our seating preference. Would recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, service, locationJeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014We always have a great meal at Via Vite. We visited during restaurant week and enjoyed the fixed price 3-course dinner with wine pairing. My pork chop with truffle shavings in marsala sauce was outstanding. For an appetizer, my wife had delicious greens, with melon and prosciutto paired with a red from Montepulciano. For dessert, we enjoyed chocolate cream brulee paired with a homemade orange lemoncello. Chef Cristian always greets us to make sure we are enjoying ourselves. Via Vite is truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant Night at Via ViteKwithacDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations for Restaurant Week at Via Vite. I enjoyed my choices-- goat cheese with field greens, gnocchi, I prefer ordering from the regular menu. I raise my glass in salute to the bartender who came up with an outstanding Strawberry Mojito. Also kudos to the pastry chef for the rendition of carmelized peach. Many Cincinnati restaurants fall into the"me too" category offering tired yet tasty renditions of old favorites. Via Vite hears a different drummer and presents dishes one could expect from a world-class restauarnts in big metropolises like Los Angeles, New York or Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We came for my friend's bday, we were there for 20 min before anyone walked by our table and we had to let them know we have been sitting there for awhile, the server stated she would get us some our waters and also get our server, she returned to say our server was "overwhelmed" and that she would take our table, only having 6 days of training. She did a good job (Alexa) we were patient with her due to feeling bad that she was put in this position. At one pt we asked someone who took our empty wine bottle from the table for another bottle, the person said she would get it and never returned. This night was a very frustrating and disappointing first time experience at this restaurant.
- DeliciousLSP0Dined on 8/15/2014We took our kids (26, 30 & 35) for restaurant week, though one of them ordered from the regular menu. Had a great time catching up. The food was delicious, per usual. We've been to Via Vite before - in fact had a rehearsal dinner in their private dining room. We knew this would be a fun night with good food and good service, and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Good dinner at Via VitegraywildDined on 8/15/2014We went during restaurant week and ordered from that menu. Overall meal was good and wine suggested went well with the pairing. Dessert was chocolate creme brulee which was unusual and tasty.Special Features:
- First time hear. Service was good.RalphDined on 8/14/2014Being our first time at restaurant which we told out server we never saw a wine list and waitress did and average job of explaining menu. Night got better as both manager and Owner /Chef came out to speak with us and thanked us or our visit. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We dined during Cincinnati's restaurant week. Via Vite offered a three course menu with wine pairings for $50. Great choices, the first course of San Marzano tomato mousse was remarkable, bursting with flavor, great creamy texture. Entrees were great too, wine pairings were expertly executed, but perhaps the most memorable was the house-made orangecello which was served with the chocolate creme brûlée dessert. We can't stop thinking about it!Special Features:
- JustmeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Nice special night out celebrating my granddaughter' s 9 th birthday. Accomodating staff worked with our table of 8 including four children. Only drawback was the noise level emanating from Fountain Square's reggae night.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Via Vite has a great happy hour. I went with a group of girlfriends after work and we sat on the outdoor patio. Great view from fountain square and great happy hour pricing and options. We all loved it and will be making it a regular meeting spot.Special Features:
- DescriptionFineDiningDined on 8/12/2014Thought the menu was pricey for the quality of food. If I am going to spend that much, I have other restaurants that I would rather go to. Just not for me, but if you like Italian food you will like.Special Features:
- COMING BACK AGAINDiningOutDined on 8/12/2014Dined with a co-worker, first visit, and the first view bites were uneventful. Gave our meals a chance to blend the seasonings and ended up with an excellent dining experience. I tried the lamb shank which was too much food, but worth saving the rest for the next day. The only comment is that their sides presumably are for sharing, dont think so! The carmel sea salt gelatto was delicious as well. Going back again next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchKimmerDined on 8/12/2014Got there @ 11:30 and very quiet. Good to discuss business. Food was great. Place was hopping by the time we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...DelightfulDined on 8/11/2014Went for restaurant week. great food. we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014Best restaurant in US. Modern. Concise menu. Fabulous interior. Stylish service. Every dish is savoury.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchtablefor2Dined on 8/10/2014Met a friend for brunch and everyone was friendly the food was good and fresh. We sat by the windows so we could peoplewatch everyone on the square and my only complaint is the windows were filthy...c'mon people when you've got a space overlooking the fountain, clean your windows! I would recommend for brunch, never had dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulBDined on 8/9/2014Great atmosphere and great food. I've ordered lamb shank and substitute side dish. It was outstanding. My wife ordered red snapper and also substituted side dish. However (maybe because of substitution) her fish came without any sauce. We were able to rectify this problem with waiter. She is saying that fish was delicious. We highly recommend this place for anyone who loves to be in downtown.Special Features:
- unimpressedDined on 8/9/2014Food was wonderful, just tiny, tiny portions. Server was nice at first but didn't offer coffee at brunch nor did he offer seconds on the drinks we had, we asked for coffee at the end and he looked annoyed. Brought us desserts and dropped them and spoons at the table like he meant for us to hurry up and get out of there. No refills on coffee. From what I could see there was plenty of room and not a line at the door. The décor is interesting but the floor needs upkeep. There were some fruit flies bothering us. It was a special day so we were all in a great mood and none of this really bothered us to the point that we would say anything right there, we just won't be back.
- Great summer menuccurranVIPDined on 8/6/2014The summer menu focuses on fish which was very ,very good.Special Features:
- gihliDined on 8/3/2014On Fountain Square, with open-air dining on two levels. Best of all is service, long and deliberate in the Italian manner, but the food and wine keep coming, the party gets mellow, and you never feel you're waiting or rushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service even at prime timecincinnatilovinDined on 8/2/2014We cut our plan to grab drinks nearby beforehand due to some local traffic and parking issues unique to that weekend. Regardless of arriving half an hour early as a result our table was ready for us. We were seated and a waiter arrived in under a minute to take an order for drinks. Neither of us qualify as sommoliers, but our waiter was able to provide some recommendations in spite of being new. He did eventually bring the general manager over to help us find something, and we settled on nice, fruity bottle of Primitivo from their "by-the-glass" menu. The food was good, only mildly overpriced, and arrived around 10 mins after ordering. They seated us with a small view of the square per my request as well. Overall, it was a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- YUM!ImafanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Chef Cristian is the best! Great food, great service, one of Cincinnati's best.Special Features:
- DisappointedDiner005VIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, but the service was sub-par. Our server didn't check on us at all after the meal arrived and only asked if we'd like another round of drinks after we had finished eating. With so many fantastic restaurants downtown, I don't think we will be returning to Via Vite anytime soon.Special Features:
- Going Away LunchJudiVIPDined on 8/1/2014Consistently great food, nice selection and decent price range for lunch. Our group Very much enjoyed their lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, ButJoeyDined on 7/29/2014We went to Via Vite before a concert & made it in time for a nice happy hour on the top bar. We went into the restaurant when no one was there & split two entrees. The penne came out fast & was very good, it took another 45 minutes to get the filet! A bit tooooo long for the filet! It had a great flavor & nice presentation but should have canceled the steak after 25 minutes. I wouldn't have wanted to order after we left because the place was packed & when we got there it was empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.