Via Vino Enoteca
10425 Clayton Rd.
Saint Louis, MO 63131Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Vino Enoteca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaviavino.com/
- Phone: (314) 569-0405
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michael Del Pietro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Via Vino Enoteca
Wine bar and restaurant featuring upscale Italian cuisine. Small plates featured as well as Entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Vino Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisasterTorrentialDined on 11/8/2014We has a reservation & arrived on time. There was no one there to greet us & most importantly, no one there to seat us. We flagged down a waitress who said she would seat us in a few minutes but she never came back. Patrons were getting their own menus because there was no one there to help them. We finally left & went somewhere else. It was very disappointing as we had been looking forward to an evening together all week.
- great foodFUNGROUPDined on 11/1/2014We like Via Vino since we can make a reservation and have the same food as Sugo --- mostly! The pasta and risotto are amazing!!!Special Features:
- over priced under qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014this restaurant is tucked into a crowded casual restaraunt; the servers were way to casually dressed for a place with an expensive menu. we arrived at the same time as a big party and felt we were second class to the big party, even with advanced reservations. The menu offered few choices, but we were also offered the menu for the casual restaurant next door. The salad was large and lettuce was fresh, but lacking sufficient dressing. the veal parmigiana was the worst i had ever had; i even thought about offering tips as to how to cook the dish. The accompanying pasta dish featured a tastless heavy cream sauce. My wife's food was much better, a scampi style shrimp dish and a light lemon-sauced pasta. A disapointment for the money.
- ConfusingArkieFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Entrance not clearly marked, and no one to greet us upon entering. Two other parties come in and look confused as well. It took several minutes before someone saw us. The menu was different from the one posted on line, and some of the dishes we had been attracted to online were not available. A different wine from what we ordered (rosso, rather than vino nobile, though from the same winery) was served. Glad we caught it before we were charged for the vino nobile! We reordered a different wine, and that one was also not available, so they brought a substitute. It took about 15 minutes to get our salads, but they were very good. We also waited a long time for the lasagna, which was excellent, except for the half of it that was burned!
- Noisey Large GroupSisterkrzDined on 8/16/2014Unfortunately, our romantic birthday dinner was spoiled by the large 40+ size group that was seated right next to us in the main dining room. Suggestion: when you have a group that large, close the rest of the dining room. Also, our server had to navigate through and around the large group before it was seated as she also had to serve the patio as well as our table. Service improved once the large group was seated.Special Features:
- nicely done3peatDined on 8/2/2014Great service , First time guest and will return, often ! Calamari, shrimp,steak , sea bass, hard to pick a favorite. Pleasantly surprised by the delicious cheese ravioli with the steak.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Via Vino Enoteca reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2014We ate outside so it was quieter than it would have been inside. Always have a consistently good meal at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ForgettableLove2eatDined on 6/14/2014Via Vino did not leave any impression on my fiancé and I to tell you the truth. It wasn't "bad" but it wasn't good. To be honest with you, I could have cooked everything we had.......better. Sad but true. The waiter was very very nice and educated on the menu. Change your menu. Iceberg lettuce should never be served at a nice Italian restaurant.
- Great evening!rackmanDined on 6/2/2014Our foursome really enjoyed our meal at Via Vino. We wanted to eat outside, unfortunately so did everyone else, so there was a short wait at the bar. But the food was terrific, particularly the shrimp appetizer. Thanks for the great service, too!Special Features:
- PositanoDined on 5/24/2014Everything the Del Pietros touch turns to gold...Food is phenomenal! Zucchini carpaccio to start, love the seafood and risotto combo...service is great...not a huge fan of the decor...wish it had more charm but otherwise, a total treasure!Special Features:
- Waiter made us waitBobGStLVIPDined on 3/22/2014All in all, it was a fun night as we were with good friends. However, our waiter seemed to disappear on us for long stretches. Twice, we had to track him down for food or coffee/water, and, then again, for the check. No one in our party was disappointed in the food, just the attention.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014New menu items. Food fresh & perfectly prepared. There are no bad choices! Outstanding wine list.Special Features:
- Love this placeDinesoutalotVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great place for those of us with smaller appetites. I can get a salad & small plate & husband can order full meal. Servers are very accommodating &food never disappoints. Eat early if you are looking for really quiet place, after 6:30, crowd noise goes up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food- poor serviceLuvtoodineDined on 3/8/2014We were celebrating a friends Bday & had a group of 8. We all love to go out & were looking forward to good food, drinks and a good time w/ friends. Unfortunately, we had really bad service & had to actually flag someone down to bring drinks & menus- not a great way to start your night! The poor service continued through the night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayJpellechDined on 2/13/2014We had a nice dinner. Scallops and arugula app was excellent. The Tre Formaggi (3 cheese) app was a let down. One of the cheeses was a blend which was excellent. The other two (cheddar and Bleu cheese) hardly fit the bill of italian cheeses and were a let down. Why call it Tre formaggi and give someone cheddar. Our entrees were a seafood pasta and the cioppino were both excellent. But at $29 for the cioppino, it was hardly worth it. The busboy stood out by wearing old white sneakers. In general, I feel like the place served nice food, but is trying to charge upscale prices while falling short of giving the full upscale service and experience. The service, ambience, price and food at Sugo next door are better overall.Special Features:
- Food is very good, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2014Food is very good, particularly like the Del Pietro salad and pasta with porcini mushroom sauce. Service is good, but always seems to be very busy. Tables away from the bar are best, due to crowding at the bar from people waiting for tables at next door Sugos. We were not offered dessert, but were OK with that. Quite full from dinner. Definitely plan to return.
- Surprisingly good!rouxDined on 1/25/2014I hadn't heard much about this restaurant so I didn't know what to expect. It was really good fun, good food and good company.Special Features:
- Large group of 16 reviewBearDined on 1/11/2014This was our first experience making a reservation for a larger group. I had called to follow up with the restaurant on Wed. before that we now had 16 vs. 14 and if they could handle the larger number. They said no problem. I also, stated we were flexible and could arrive later as well. The restaurant called me Sat. afternoon to confirm the reservation at 7:45 for 16 people. Again, I said we could arrive later if this was easier. They said no 7:45pm was best. We arrived at the restaurant at 7:45pm and waited till 8:25pm to be seated. When seated table was only set for 14 vs.16, thus we had to cram everyone into the booth side. Food was excellent as usual. However, they promptly brought our checks and never offered dessert/coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!HrfritzDined on 1/11/2014Started with fried calamari, then the Chilean Sea Bass. Both perfectly delicious. The finishing touch of the ice cream trio was superb.Special Features:
- Might be better on a weekday?KathyDVIPDined on 1/11/2014While I made reservations, we were seated at a booth next to the bar and we had groups waiting for their tables who were at the bar, leaning against our booth (butts were at my head if leaned back in my seat!) so we felt closed in and our conversation was drowned out by the loud conversations of the people hovering over us. I asked if we could be moved because it was uncomfortable and hard to hear but the hostess politely could not accomodate my request, The food was good, it might be a better place to go to during the week, when I suspect the bar wouldn't be so crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We chose the restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014We chose the restaurant for my husband's birthday dinner. The service was warm and friendly. The dinner choices were varied enough so that everyone found something to their liking. I had the lobster and crab tagliatelle, and a bite of the pork special - both were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceLBStLouisVIPDined on 12/31/2013Our first visit. This restaurant is tucked away and I had noticed or heard of it. Quite a surprise. Excellent food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PositanoDined on 12/23/2013Via Vino Has quickly become my favorite restaurant in St Louis...food is consistently outstanding! Had Zucchini carpaccio followed by sea bass and risotto...insanely awesome..,the fish + risotto combo isn't always on the menu! but even when it's nott, they make it happen....but! it should be a menu item! Just too darn delicious to ignore...was in with a group of six and we can't wait to get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great value. WeakMikeMVIPDined on 12/20/2013Great food, great value. Weak wine list, too noisy in main area by bar and kitchen. Recommend sitting in back dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 3 friends and I ate atLisaDined on 11/15/2013My 3 friends and I ate at Via Vino Friday night and we had a great evening. The bar and restaurant were crowded at 7:30, it was loud but energetic. We had reservations and had a very small wait. Got a great corner table and had excellent service (Jim). The menu is small and simple much like suggo's. I tend to prefer smaller menus which ensures that the consistent favorites are always prepared right. I had a beet salad and the shrimp small plate. 3 large shrimp in a very simple but deliciously flavorable sauce. My friends ordered the sea bass and risotto special. They shared their generous portions of risotto which was prerfectly prepared. Never disappointed at a delpietro restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceKansasKenDined on 11/9/2013We have had several excellent dining experiences at Via Vino previously; however, this one fell far below expectations. Our table was not ready at our reserved time and, in fact, we were told we did not have a reservation by what appeared to be a very inexperienced hostess until I produced an e-mail confirmation. More importantly, the service throughout the meal was very spotty. We sat for close to an hour before our order was taken and then waited for quite some time for the food to arrive. On the positive side, the house salad, pasta and chicken spedini were excellent as usual. I hope this is experience is an aberration for what has otherwise been an excellent place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service-noise levelmommaDined on 9/28/2013Service started out poor, I believe there were only 3 waiters/busboys in the dining room while we were there....Took awhile to be noticed once we were seated. After 20 min a waiter stepped over and apologized-From then on the service was great. Noise level is always too high. Between all the diners and the music/games on TV it was alittle overwhelming. Even hard to hear the waiter at times. All in all, we love Via Vino and will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- t was busy evening.We hadlaliDined on 9/20/2013t was busy evening.We had reservation.Seating was on time but service was too late Guest orders were all mixed up ( orders were served wrong to guests.)We ordered apple tart for desert. Server said that was one of the option for that evening. It was only 8.30 pm.!0 mts later she tells us they are out of it. We brought out of state guests for a nice evening. Sorry to say we were very much disappointed.food was goodSpecial Features:
- casual/upscalequeenofdiningoutDined on 9/14/2013This was great food at reasonable prices. I liked the fact that while dining at Via Vino you could order from Sugo menu. Lovely ambiance with interesting interior features. The staff was well trained and friendly. Although it was not crowded at the bar when we were there, we chose a table on the other side of the bar partition. I thought the dining tables in the bar were too close to the bar and could create a small dining space not to mention noise if the bar traffic increased.Special Features:
- Via vinoOXstad28Dined on 7/18/2013The food was absolutely spectacular! The only issue we had was finding the entrance. You actually enter through a neighboring restaurant, we didn't see this at first and almost walked away from our reservation. Thank God for the nice people that let us know before we left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vio Vino is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013Vio Vino is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is great and it has a large wine list.Special Features:
- Not so impressed this timeMilesCrisbyDined on 6/15/2013Consistency is the key and this restaurant my not have it. This was our second visit to Via Vino. Our first visit was an excellent experience, our second was disappointing. The restaurant has to do something about its entrance! You enter through Sugo's and then are directed by their hostess to Vio Vino through another doorway where a hostess may greet you in the middle of the dining floor if she is available. For the price $260 including tip for 4 people, I expected better quality food. The bruschetta was covered in a heap of what tasted like unflavored canned, diced tomatoes with barely a hint basil and no discernible cheese and the bread if toasted at all was soggy. The gnocchi dish was bland and beige. The other entrees were uninspiring.
- terrible n laduedbjuranekDined on 5/11/2013White lettuce for a salad! U gotta b kissing me. Over priced.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013The food was fantastic! Our group very much enjoyed the chicken dish, the beef tenderloin & the boullibaise Wines were a bit pricey & the noise level a bit too high but overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- WE WENT THEIR ON MAY 3 ANDOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2013WE WENT THEIR ON MAY 3 AND THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND THE SERVICE WAS FINE. WE WENT THERE A WEEK LATER AND THEY CANCELLED OUR RESERVATION WHILE WE WERE EATING. SO WE DON'T GET OUR POINTS. ALSO, THE SERVICE WAS NOT GOOD. WE WILL NOT GO BACK FOR A LONG TIME IF EVER.
- Via Vino is a fun neighborhoodDinerDined on 4/22/2013Via Vino is a fun neighborhood spot to visit with friends and enjoy a simple meal.Special Features:
- Became very noisy as the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Became very noisy as the restaurant/bar filled up. Wine selection was ok (nothing to write home about).Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the foodStLouisFanVIPDined on 3/20/2013We really enjoyed the food and service. We went early on a weeknight, so it wasn't very crowded. The bar and restaurant were all in one open room, so with more people there, I would imagine it gets very loud.Special Features:
- Love the food and especiallyConnieVIPDined on 3/18/2013Love the food and especially the two sizes on pasta for those of us who are not wanting huge portions. Nice service and our group of 5 had fun. The noise level can be too high for easy conversation at times. A large group of ladies was in the room which made for a high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Vino continues to be oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Via Vino continues to be one of our favorite dining experiences on a Saturday night. The menu is just right; the food served up quickly, hot,and tasty. We always enjoy the house salad, which personafies the great, but simple Italian dinner salad. My wife orders an off beat cocktail (grenadine being the magical ingredient), which many restaurants fumble, but VV gets right. Our favorite waiter is Bob - friendly, attentive, and efficient. We asked for a corner table in our Open Table reservation and our request was honored. Kudos to Via Vino and to Open Table. (The only mystery is where the entrance to VV is located. Not a big deal, but a bit confusing given the change from the last time we dined there.)Special Features: