3009 Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.viaveneto.us/
- Phone: 3103991843x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6:00-11:00 Fri & Sat 6:00-11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
A word from Via Veneto
An authentic, European style Italian restaurant nestled in the heart of Santa Monica, Via Veneto fuses organic, locally grown & sourced ingredients with the delicious, traditional flavors of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Via Veneto - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Via Veneto reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014we have been here several times and really enjoyed the food in the past, quality however has gone downhill the last times, maybe a change of chefs?Special Features:
- Intimate Dining RoomwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a small restaurant. The dining room is very intimate, has a romantic vibe yet has only a few tables for two. There are three large chandeliers overhead for lighting. It is not a loud "happening" crowd here. Service is good, waiter was always available to pour the wine! The $25 cheese platter was good. The lobster ravioli appetizer is delicious, octopus appetizer had no flavor. Branzino was lovely, the "meat trio" had tasty lamb but the venison was tough and the sausage bland. Side veggie dishes were excellent. Wine list very expensive, $30 corkage here. Tiramisu was fairly good. Overall, it is very expensive dining here and perhaps not good enough to get me to return. Too many other upscale options in this price range. Valet park
- Italian Food DreamLosAngelesLisaDined on 9/6/2014From the moment you walk into the dimly lit restaurant you know you are in for something special ... every item we had was amazing. You can't go wrong ... we had some prosciutto dish and crispy arugula salad to start and then for entree the branzino and this bolognese that used a white sauce ... beyond words. Highly recommentSpecial Features:
- Wow..DdnationalDined on 9/5/2014When the waiters came by to ask how the food was, all I could say was WOW.. Amazing food. Never had anything like it (Except in Italy). Waiters are all Italians, authentic food, amazing flavors! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- EXTRAORDINARY!P1EYEDined on 8/31/2014The Best Italian Food on this Good Earth - Fantastic Service!!- Great Wine List. No Cocktails or Bar:(( NO Worries- everything else is by far is the Best! A MUST! Bob C NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageLeoluxukVIPDined on 8/28/2014I’ve had a few people mention great meals here… but it wasn’t anything special for us. Id probably go back to Le Vecchia where the waiters aren’t at all cheesy (They were quite full on which was off putting). Might go back one day but certainly no rush.Special Features:
- Good but not comfortablepakyDined on 8/23/2014Tables are way too close outside of the norm. Food is good, service is great, noise level too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian find.4mangaDined on 8/17/2014The ambiance was very nice and warm. The food was well presented. I enjoyed the small space and the close tables. The noise level was loud enough to give everyone privacy at their own table. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townMdcapDined on 8/15/2014Via Veneto is probably the best Italian restaurant anywhere on the West Side - it's as authentic as they come, and the food is absolutely spectacular - fresh, flavorful and cooked to perfection. The ambience is romantic and classy, it's a small restaurant and usually full because it's amazing. My wife and I are going to make this our anniversary tradition. It's not inexpensive but worth every penny. I'm Italian myself and have been to many Italian restaurants in LA, and this is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodel looks great!!itsdeuxDined on 7/25/2014yes they have remodeled decoration, looks very rustic modern simple clean feel to it. Food is always great there!!! Servers are amazing and very friendly!!!Special Features:
- Awesome food/awful waitTimLikesFoodDined on 7/5/2014we used to go here all the time but it's always a terrible wait so we stopped going. We decided to try again and we had a rez and we still waited an hour... but the food is fantastic.
- Absolutely Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Everything was impeccable from start to finish. The pasta was homemade and the truffles were definitely worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian foodKristieHDined on 6/27/2014Our evening was wonderful. Started out with proseco and a mushroom and arugula salad along with the best buffalo mozzarella I've ever had. Risotto and the meat special were divine. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and ClassicProsecco4StartersDined on 6/21/2014I've never had a meal here that was less than exemplary. Top notch service and all of the waiters speak Italian to boot. That might sound cheesy, but trust me, it's not. The nightly specials are always special and the staple menu items never disappoint. If you like Italian food, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I took my parents here when they came to visit from out of town and it was a highlight of their trip. Only thing to watch out for is that the dining room gets very noisy at full capacity, so I do not recommend for anyone hard of hearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported to ItalyAlexfamilyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Every time we go here, we are transported to one of the most beautiful places! The food, service and ambience are as if you are in a neighborhood spot in Italy. I always take my Italian friends here and it never disappoints! We are huge fans!Special Features:
- A Great Restaurant for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I had reservations on a Saturday night for the restaurant. A table was available, the staff was attentive, and the food was great. What wasn't so great was the very small table and the noise level of the restaurant. As I am getting older, noise level and ability to converse with my dinner guests is more important. Sad to say I will not return but not because of the food or the service which were excellent!
- The following 58 reviews are from the Via Veneto reviews archive.
- Disappointing EveningLarryDined on 5/3/2014Unctuos waiter, expensive yet mediocre food, unbearably loud noise level making conversation impossible. Most would have been bearable if it weren't for the arrogant and discourteous server. The four of us will definitely not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Very loud when full- couldn't hear table mates whe reataurant full. Very expensive. Food good but I think overpriced. Waiters hard to understand w accents and noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via VenetoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014it is lil overpriced and they have the minimalistic portions. I had the lobster ravioli and it was a lil overcooked. But the place is very charming and fun.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantbwertzDined on 4/12/2014We love Italian food and have been to a lot of different restaurants but Via Veneto was one of the best experiences ever: outstanding food and wine & an extremely friendly service. And loved the ambience, vibrant yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry ' s reviewHarryDined on 4/3/2014Nice place overall. Good service. Bathroom area kind of gross. Otherwise pretty good. Food was good. Good for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal milanese was very dry,ThecalabasasDinerVIPDined on 4/2/2014Veal milanese was very dry, returned it and waiter said that they would remake it, then came back and said that it would come out the same. It was like a piece of shoe leather. Noise level was extremely high. Crowded tables, no privacy. . . i was very disappointed based on prior reviews that I read.
- Last minute dinner plans. Huge hit!ItalianLoverDined on 3/31/2014my husband and I dined here last week for the first time with our friends that were visiting. We had an amazing time and loved everything! The food was divine, the service fantastic, and the ambiance romantic and perfect. It's a small place with high ceilings, so it's a little noisy, but it's a good energy. AND we had to bring our 1 year old to meet our friends, so the noise made it fine for kids. In fact, to my surprise, there were a couple of other kids and babies there as well. Overall, I highly recommend! Grazie, Via Veneto, for a memorable and perfect night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one criticism: it's deafeningCarlo15Dined on 3/27/2014Only one criticism: it's deafening and definitely not for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Via Veneto!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2014Authentic Italian... hole in the wall atmosphere and impeccable food. Very special place; I have many amazing memories of it over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to splurgePilsyDined on 3/10/2014I 1st went to Via Veneto a decade ago to celebrate my birthday because I adored one of the co-owners Warren Cucurrullo. Decided to celebrate my birthday again this year (albeit a smaller party me +1)while some things have changed around the restaurant inside is pretty much the same. Same intimate feel, somewhat dark, high class, and a few of Warren's platinum records in the back. Since there was only another couple when we arrived we were waited on by 2 of the 3 waiters at the time, Very prompt, sweet, and making sure we were well taken care of. The food was wonderful I had the pumpkin ravioli special while the portions were small for the price you get something so delicious it's worth it. Except for dessert That still seems steep at $14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experienceyummyoneDined on 3/8/2014The food was delicious and the servers friendly and helpful. The truffle appetizer was recommended by our server, and it was one of the best things I've ever tasted! Valets were friendly, too. Found out about your restaurant when I "googled" best restaurants in Santa Monica area. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Everything was excellent! We went back two nights in a row. Homemade pasta is among best I have ever Had.....including Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic. Very romantic,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014Food is fantastic. Very romantic, so great for dates and special occasions. They have a few large tables, so also good for groups. Wine is really good, but pricey. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The Valet takes forever (yes, that is a petty comment.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, high pricesJohnGDined on 2/14/2014The food was great. Busy night in valentines day so service was a little slow. Prices were a little bit high even for someone like me from New York. But the place was packed. Great looking crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste Your MoneyFoodie81Dined on 2/14/2014People that work here are pretentious. Beyond rude. Ridiculous prices - plenty of better Italian restaurants in LA to go to that don't have unpleasant staff and portions that don't leave you starving. When we were seated it took over 20 minutes for someone to even come up and give us menus and offer u water. They didn't even bother to bring us bread until after we finished our appetizer. When I was paying the bill the waiter was watching us like a hawk and when we got up he ran to the table to collect the check as if we were going to dine and ditch or something. We had 1 glass of wine each, an appetizer 2 pastas with tip $180. Go to Chaya Venice or Superba down the street both have better food and a better dining experience for less cost.
- Good food, but too expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The food, ambiance, and service are good, but not worth what I paid. The food prices are much too expensive, and you can find better dining experiences in the area for less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little too cramped, tablesWillisDined on 2/14/2014A little too cramped, tables on top of one another. A little pricy for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 41st anniversary here. The food was excellent and decor charming. The place is small and tables close together-not a problem on a Monday evening. The restaurant is lit mostly by candlelight. Very romantic but hard for aging eyes to read the menu. Be sure and ask for a light.Special Features:
- Good food bad service-AdrianoVIPDined on 1/25/2014I had heard a lot of great things about Via Veneto however it didn't quite live up to expectations. The food was good but the service was terrible. We were lucky enough to have an early booking but as 8pm rolled around we had people standing all over the small restaurant complaining they hadn't been seated. Our waiter was forgetting orders and serving as quickly as possible to try and get people out in order to get the next table in. I think when you're paying around $50-80 minimum per person for a 3 course meal there is no reason why you should deal with bad service. Working in hospitality myself the biggest service error was slapping the check in front of me midway through our desserts basically inviting us to leave.Special Features:
- UncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014Tables are too small and spaced too close together. Waiter's back end was in my date's face when he was waiting on the adjacent table. He was oblivious. Chairs are not comfortable. Restaurant is noisy and very dark. Wine and food is overpriced. Food is good not great. Waiter forgot to bring coffee. For the same money one can find far better food and ambiance: not recommended.
- Wonderful meal....DBHBCAVIPDined on 1/17/2014Had not been here in a few years and was looking for a good Italian restaurant. Can't believe I waited this long! I will be returning more often. The food is amazing, so many specials to choose from, great menu and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable and deliciousLadoodieVIPDined on 1/15/2014From the outside one could be forgiven to think that it is nothing special. However once you step in, it feels as though you have walked into a Renaissance painting on canvas. Mainly lit by candles, the cozy and warm atmosphere prepares you for the culinary delights that await. The wine list is superb and the wait staff will gladly help you make the right choice. Be warned though that the outstanding food and wine do come at a price. Most notable for me was their fresh seafood selection and the simply amazing Nutella panacotta for desert. Truly one of the very best Italians in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic...EstercitaDined on 1/4/2014Intimate Italian experience! Many variations of different dishes. Our table was not ready so we were given complimentary prosecco while waiting. The ambience is great along with the staff. Will definitely go back a will recommend to locals. Was referred by concierge at the Viceroy.Special Features: