3009 Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.viaveneto.us/
- Phone: (310) 399-1843
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thurs 6:00-11:00 Fri & Sat 6:00-11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
A word from Via Veneto
An authentic, European style Italian restaurant nestled in the heart of Santa Monica, Via Veneto fuses organic, locally grown & sourced ingredients with the delicious, traditional flavors of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Via Veneto - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Via Veneto reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (51)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (22)hot spot (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Romantic Dinner for TwoSmartchickinRedondoBeachDined on 11/22/2014Fabulous Ambiance, fantastic food, great service! Looking for the perfect place to go? Try it you will love itQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Fine Italian FoodBudFoodDined on 11/15/2014Best Italian in the Venice/SM area. Beats Piccolo hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were so excited!LanaAlex4Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and me arrived in Santa Monica on Saturday at 6:00 and it was so difficult to find a good place for special dinner. We tried to make a reservation but there was no available table for us... Fortunately, I found out this restaurant Via Veneto! A great atmosphere, a perfect wine list and amazing food. It's expensive place for us but we weren't disappointed!!!! I enjoyed Rissoto with white truffles (50$) and It was absolutely exquisite!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 11/7/2014It was an amazing evening- the food is Wow. The service was incredible . I will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite ItalianJDickDined on 11/6/2014Via Veneto is one of the finest Italian restaurants in Southern California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticgoodeaterDined on 10/23/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great service. Good use of sauces with the food! I was worried the service would be rushed - but they took our read well and let us take our time. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food and wineSandygsmDined on 10/22/2014Service good but hard to understand the highly detailed descriptions of the large number of entrees and appetizers. Bread was fresh but kind of blah compared to places like La Vecchia down the street.Special Features:
- Very disappointedJules88VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a 9pm reservation when we arrived they told us it would be a few minutes we didn't get seated until after 10pm. The service was unacceptable no one came by to see how are dinner was and the service was slow at the point when the crowd was gone. We loved the food but don't think we would go back. We are big open table diners and was our worst experience ever!Special Features:
- I've been three times in one week!LiseDined on 10/12/2014I just wrote a review about Via Veneto a few days ago. Here's more! I'm visiting from Houston. The concierge at my hotel (Casa del Mar) recommended Via Veneto. It's one of the best restaurants I've ever been to and I've traveled a lot and eaten at some 5 star restaurants. I brought two friends of mine who live in LA two nights after my first visit and they freaked out at how delicious it was and how the service and ambiance are impeccable! They'd never been there before but now "Via" is number one on there list of their hometown restaurants. I went back again last night - three times in a week! this restaurant is divine!Special Features:
- Hoped for moresteakloverVIPDined on 10/11/2014No doubt, good food and prompt albeit sometimes rushed service. Went for my wedding anniversary and requested a quiet table, but literally got the table right at the front door, so people are standing over you when they walk in and brush by. Again, credit where credit is due - good food and service, but would have liked more understanding for a nicer table even when we asked to relocate but was denied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional...MichaelSoenenVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great experience, highly highly recommend it for a great date night or catch up with the best of friends.Special Features:
- Best on West Side, maybe West CoastCindyCDined on 10/11/2014We love this neighborhood gem. It's expensive but worth every penny. The food is made lovingly, the waiters know and care about every dish, we bring our 3 1 /2 year old for VERY special occasions and everyone is lovely to her. This place is beautiful and unpretentious at the same time -- order the grilled portobello with truffle oil, parmesan and flash fried arugula; the homemade mozzarella with tomatoes or prosciutto is to die for; the pumpkin ravioli is perfection; the truffle anything (risotto, gnocchi, fettucini) is amazing -- just a win-win all around. The list of specials is as long as the menu and most of our favorites are on it so listen carefully. A great place to take anyone who loves authentic Italian.Special Features:
- BobBobbyDined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic. We love truffles and there was a liberal use of them on the carpacio and venison chops. The waiter scored on the wine pairings for each course, and given we're from the Sonoma wine country, they met our high expectations. The carpaccio was over the top and best we ever had. Our only complaint: we think the waiter should have told us the carpaccio was $50 and the venison special was $75. Otherwise, one of the best dinners we had in a long time. Loved the lounge chairs on the sidewalk outside....great for waiting for our ride back to the hotel!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!chicoVIPDined on 9/25/2014Such a wonderful experience and the food was out of this world. We had Veal chop and ravioli which was the best we have had since being in Italy. A bit loud because restaurant is small but certainly energetic and lively even on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a divine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food here is exceptional. The tuna tartare was wonderful, as was the heirloom tomato salad. My guest loved the lobster pasta and I thoroughly enjoyed my veal Milanese. This is a place that is fit for foodies and for people who love fine food generally. Do not expect spaghetti with meatballs. The only minor annoyance is the small tables. It hasn't dissuaded me from coming back time and again over the years.Special Features:
- disappointing4UmarlotDined on 9/14/2014we have been here several times and really enjoyed the food in the past, quality however has gone downhill the last times, maybe a change of chefs?Special Features:
- Intimate Dining RoomwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a small restaurant. The dining room is very intimate, has a romantic vibe yet has only a few tables for two. There are three large chandeliers overhead for lighting. It is not a loud "happening" crowd here. Service is good, waiter was always available to pour the wine! The $25 cheese platter was good. The lobster ravioli appetizer is delicious, octopus appetizer had no flavor. Branzino was lovely, the "meat trio" had tasty lamb but the venison was tough and the sausage bland. Side veggie dishes were excellent. Wine list very expensive, $30 corkage here. Tiramisu was fairly good. Overall, it is very expensive dining here and perhaps not good enough to get me to return. Too many other upscale options in this price range. Valet park
- Italian Food DreamLosAngelesLisaDined on 9/6/2014From the moment you walk into the dimly lit restaurant you know you are in for something special ... every item we had was amazing. You can't go wrong ... we had some prosciutto dish and crispy arugula salad to start and then for entree the branzino and this bolognese that used a white sauce ... beyond words. Highly recommentSpecial Features:
- Wow..DdnationalDined on 9/5/2014When the waiters came by to ask how the food was, all I could say was WOW.. Amazing food. Never had anything like it (Except in Italy). Waiters are all Italians, authentic food, amazing flavors! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- EXTRAORDINARY!P1EYEDined on 8/31/2014The Best Italian Food on this Good Earth - Fantastic Service!!- Great Wine List. No Cocktails or Bar:(( NO Worries- everything else is by far is the Best! A MUST! Bob C NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageLeoluxukVIPDined on 8/28/2014I’ve had a few people mention great meals here… but it wasn’t anything special for us. Id probably go back to Le Vecchia where the waiters aren’t at all cheesy (They were quite full on which was off putting). Might go back one day but certainly no rush.Special Features:
- Good but not comfortablepakyDined on 8/23/2014Tables are way too close outside of the norm. Food is good, service is great, noise level too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian find.4mangaDined on 8/17/2014The ambiance was very nice and warm. The food was well presented. I enjoyed the small space and the close tables. The noise level was loud enough to give everyone privacy at their own table. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townMdcapDined on 8/15/2014Via Veneto is probably the best Italian restaurant anywhere on the West Side - it's as authentic as they come, and the food is absolutely spectacular - fresh, flavorful and cooked to perfection. The ambience is romantic and classy, it's a small restaurant and usually full because it's amazing. My wife and I are going to make this our anniversary tradition. It's not inexpensive but worth every penny. I'm Italian myself and have been to many Italian restaurants in LA, and this is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Via Veneto reviews archive.
- Remodel looks great!!itsdeuxVIPDined on 7/25/2014yes they have remodeled decoration, looks very rustic modern simple clean feel to it. Food is always great there!!! Servers are amazing and very friendly!!!Special Features:
- Awesome food/awful waitTimLikesFoodDined on 7/5/2014we used to go here all the time but it's always a terrible wait so we stopped going. We decided to try again and we had a rez and we still waited an hour... but the food is fantastic.
- Absolutely Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Everything was impeccable from start to finish. The pasta was homemade and the truffles were definitely worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian foodKristieHDined on 6/27/2014Our evening was wonderful. Started out with proseco and a mushroom and arugula salad along with the best buffalo mozzarella I've ever had. Risotto and the meat special were divine. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and ClassicProsecco4StartersDined on 6/21/2014I've never had a meal here that was less than exemplary. Top notch service and all of the waiters speak Italian to boot. That might sound cheesy, but trust me, it's not. The nightly specials are always special and the staple menu items never disappoint. If you like Italian food, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I took my parents here when they came to visit from out of town and it was a highlight of their trip. Only thing to watch out for is that the dining room gets very noisy at full capacity, so I do not recommend for anyone hard of hearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported to ItalyAlexfamilyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Every time we go here, we are transported to one of the most beautiful places! The food, service and ambience are as if you are in a neighborhood spot in Italy. I always take my Italian friends here and it never disappoints! We are huge fans!Special Features:
- A Great Restaurant for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I had reservations on a Saturday night for the restaurant. A table was available, the staff was attentive, and the food was great. What wasn't so great was the very small table and the noise level of the restaurant. As I am getting older, noise level and ability to converse with my dinner guests is more important. Sad to say I will not return but not because of the food or the service which were excellent!
- Disappointing EveningLarryDined on 5/3/2014Unctuos waiter, expensive yet mediocre food, unbearably loud noise level making conversation impossible. Most would have been bearable if it weren't for the arrogant and discourteous server. The four of us will definitely not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Very loud when full- couldn't hear table mates whe reataurant full. Very expensive. Food good but I think overpriced. Waiters hard to understand w accents and noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via VenetoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014it is lil overpriced and they have the minimalistic portions. I had the lobster ravioli and it was a lil overcooked. But the place is very charming and fun.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantbwertzDined on 4/12/2014We love Italian food and have been to a lot of different restaurants but Via Veneto was one of the best experiences ever: outstanding food and wine & an extremely friendly service. And loved the ambience, vibrant yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry ' s reviewHarryDined on 4/3/2014Nice place overall. Good service. Bathroom area kind of gross. Otherwise pretty good. Food was good. Good for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal milanese was very dry,ThecalabasasDinerVIPDined on 4/2/2014Veal milanese was very dry, returned it and waiter said that they would remake it, then came back and said that it would come out the same. It was like a piece of shoe leather. Noise level was extremely high. Crowded tables, no privacy. . . i was very disappointed based on prior reviews that I read.
- Last minute dinner plans. Huge hit!ItalianLoverDined on 3/31/2014my husband and I dined here last week for the first time with our friends that were visiting. We had an amazing time and loved everything! The food was divine, the service fantastic, and the ambiance romantic and perfect. It's a small place with high ceilings, so it's a little noisy, but it's a good energy. AND we had to bring our 1 year old to meet our friends, so the noise made it fine for kids. In fact, to my surprise, there were a couple of other kids and babies there as well. Overall, I highly recommend! Grazie, Via Veneto, for a memorable and perfect night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one criticism: it's deafeningCarlo15Dined on 3/27/2014Only one criticism: it's deafening and definitely not for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.