Louisville, CO 80027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://viatoscana.com/
- Phone: 3036046960
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See our website for catering options.
A word from Via Toscana
Relax in a warm, elegant setting and enjoy Italy’s rich culinary traditions. Over 600 wine selections, nightly chef's dinner and specials, and stained glass ceilings throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Via Toscana - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Via Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (22)special occasion (19)romantic (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent local establishment with great food at very reasonable prices. Incredible wine and beer selection!! Use locally grown products and is not your blow and go national chain!! We certainly enjoyed our dinner and will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at ToscanaFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had the spearfish with red pepper sauce and a potato cake and sugar snap peas. All very good. The choice of ingredients was very good. Top freshness and everything was very well prepared. We also had fried calamari and a vegetarian dish with polenta and ratatouille that had a portabella mushroom which was prepared very well. Another great meal at Via Toscana..., we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!gailbroDined on 7/14/2014I have consistently recieved wonderful food and service at Via Toscana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Friends & WineItalyLoverDined on 7/14/2014Great neighborhood dinner establishment for family, business, or private dinner. Excellent and varied menu from sea to farm. Fabulous infused flavors with authentic and pleasing ingredients. Enjoyable and reasonable wine list to accompany fine fare. Dinner for six with wine, appetizer, and higher end menu items for $200 was a bargain. Attentive staff was on spot and un-obtrusive. Enjoyable evening experience was had by all.Special Features:
- Great Italian Restaurantrickrack50Dined on 7/12/2014We live in Houston and were in the Denver area on business and pleasure. We dined at Via Toscana based on reviews from Open Table and other sources. We had many dinners (including Italian) in the Denver area prior to visiting Via Toscana but this was the best by far. From the time we walked in and were warmly greeted to the time we left, it was a great evening. Jill our server, was very attentive and pleasant, and offered great recommendations from the menu both in food and wine. The food is outstanding, especially the bread, soup(which they gave to us to try), and main entrees. Unfortunately, we probably will not be back in Denver anytime soon, but if we do return, Via Toscana will be on the top of our list.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/28/2014Somewhat limited menu, but good variety and food well prepared and well presented. The business focuses on what they do well. Service friendly and attentive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillDined on 6/21/2014We visited this restaurant after reading positive reviews and seeing their promotional postcard in the mail for a couple of years. Both of us thought it was okay - not horrible, but also not great, and a long way from excellent. There are so many great restaurants in the Boulder/Denver area that I think paying a little more for excellent food is worth it.
- Always deliciousRocknmamaDined on 5/30/2014Love via Toscana as we are never disappointed Great food, atmosphere and value for the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Area SpotCoopDined on 5/21/2014Via Toscana is the perfect spot for a quality meal at a reasonable price in the North area. The place works for both an evening out with your special someone as well as a business spot. The wine list is great if you are into Italian Wines and "not bad" if you are a California Red junkie. Service is VERY good. Our wait staff was attentive but not obnoxious. They seemed to be there when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The ciopinno was most excellent, I normally don't like calamari but in this dish it was excellent. Well done. The lasagna was a bit dry and not as flavorful as expected. Overall our experience was awesome, our server did a fantastic job and should be commended. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- 89% This TimeFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We eat here often and last night we took two guests who were visiting us. Th eonly issue we had was that the chicken with red sauce and penne was too spicy. Pollo Pomodori Secco Rustico, WOW! HO HOT HOT Always save room for the connoli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placechefdadDined on 5/10/2014They are a bit pricy for a local neighborhood location, but it the food is both interesting and very good. The interior is well done, and the overall ambiance is darker, warm, and romantic. Service quality fit with the pricing; you should expect very good service at the higher price points. There are a couple kids items on the menu, and there were a few kids there, but I wouldn't think of this as a general family restaurant. This is a nice italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Toscana again!ZachDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I eat at Via Toscana quite a bit. It's one of our handful of places we frequent when we want to go out to a nice dinner. Food is great, beer list is great, wine list is great, and the ambiance and staff are low-key and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food1999localDined on 5/3/2014It is hard today to find a place you can eat at regularly and find a satisfying menu with many different options. Their menu is always bountiful, the service is always great and it is always reasonable.Special Features:
- Best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The Italian food here is delicious. Excellently prepared with care to perfection. Excellent servers, friendly, smiling and attentive (but not overly like some places). The decor is calming and romantic. I've had dinner here many times. Always excellent. Best chocolate mousse EVER.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!ChadLDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time recently at Via Toscana for a date night. Wine and food were both excellent and service was outstanding. They offer an excellent combination of traditional or more inspired Italian dishes with a fun atmosphere and outstanding deserts. We had amazing soups, well paired wine, and excellently prepared main dishes. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Via Toscana reviews archive.
- Toscana Great Casual Italian DiningSeekVIPDined on 4/4/2014Toscana has come a long way from the pizza and calzone restaurant we visited in Louisville in 2002. Wonderful energetic atmosphere. Good variety and excellent service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not being a very busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Not being a very busy night , all of the patrons seemed to herded into the same area , which made it loud and not very inviting .Special Features:
- Risotto loverLaraLandDined on 3/15/2014As always, the mushroom risotto is great along with the stuffed mushrooms. We ordered the lamb this time. Unfortunately, it was a bit dry. Next time, we'll order the rabbit ragout. It's always a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Evening at Usually Good Via-TFoodieVIPDined on 3/12/2014This was my fourth visit. The service was good as usual. The ambiance is always great, clean, well-lighted facility with a great layout. The wine list is impressive. The noise level has been reasonable half the time I've been there. This time we had a loud talker next to us and she was obnoxious. An occasional loud laugh makes good atmosphere; constant cackling is a problem when you have to raise your voice to be heard. I ordered the Risoto de Mare but got the Wild Mushroom Risotto with asparagus & crispy parmesan by mistake. I had a chance to send it back and I'm sorry I didn't. It was mushy, the parmesan was not crispy and the asparagus was horribly stringy/chewy. The chef needs to taste more and select better ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularTeeFranklinVIPDined on 3/12/2014One of the best Italian meals we've had in a long time. Quiet, great service, great wine list, and everything we ate was wonderful. I'll be back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food close to homejwbfldDined on 3/7/2014We were looking for some good Italian food close to home, so decided to try Via Toscana. Don't let the strip mall location deter you. They have very good tasting food. Service was kind of slow at first, but they recognized it and comped us an appetizer for the wait. All in all a good find, we will be back.Special Features:
- Great ItalianmamafishDined on 3/7/2014So nice to find fresh flavor Italian food as opposed to cheap, oversalted, out-a-can pasta. I had the polenta, which was full of veggies and cooked perfectly. My daughter had the kid's penne alfredo and it must have been good because not a noodle was left. She had a scoop of salted caramel gelato which was to die for! I didn't see much for dessert because I need to keep it light on dairy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My Italian friends love this restaurant because it's the genuine article. The food is outstanding Italian, and the place is such a delightful surprise, tucked in the corner of a strip mall. It's not at all expensive, but the food is top of the line, and the atmosphere is charming. (even romantic for some) It looked to be a hit for Friday afternoon bar gatherings as well. A super Louisville treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!klenoDined on 3/1/2014Warm, romantic setting, great tasting Italian food, friendly sevice and atmosphere. A special place for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014Having read a review in our local paper, we had been wanting to try Via Toscana. Denver Restaurant week gave us an opportunity to sample several selections. Everything we had was very good to excellent. The chef's teaser to start (before the 3 courses) was a tasty risotto and a nice treat. Wines by the glass are offered in the standard pour or twice that much for less than twice the price. We looked at their extenisive Happy Hour menu of a large varietty of small plates and intend to return to sample that selection. I highly recommend Via Tuscana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GoodiecoldinerDined on 2/26/2014Visited for Denver Restaurant Week. Food was excellent. Had saltimbocca and trout - great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via ToscanaaaaaVIPDined on 2/24/2014We chose from the Denver Dining Week menu. Each of us had different selections and all were terrific. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMimmie3Dined on 2/22/2014There were four in our party and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal! The pear salad was refreshing, crisp and visually appealing. We concluded that we would soon return...Special Features:
- Hidden GemhikerbuckDined on 2/22/2014We dined here to find a nice restaurant for a wedding rehearsal dinner and we were very pleased with the menu options, extensive wine list and accommodations for a large group. Sean did an excellent job of welcoming us and explaining what was available plus a wonderful flexibility with the menu & drink options. He provided us with several selections of wine to choose from which fun for us to sample & determine which ones we liked. We ordered some of the salads, entrees & desserts and all 4 of us were very pleased with our selections. Tyler and the other wait staff were attentive and accommodating to all of out requests. We think this will be a perfect choice!Special Features:
- BeautifulmaxwellDined on 2/21/2014We have not been to Via Toscana in a few years because it's a long drive for us. We went on a special occasion and were not disappointed. It's a beautiful spot with fabulous food and a moderate price.Who could ask for more.Special Features:
- Great food but I can't hear you.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014It's been a few years since our last trip to Via Toscana. It's gone through a renovation during that time creating seating that's less intimate and drastically increasing the noise level. As always, the food is delicious but it was difficult to hold a conversation. The next time we'll go later as things started to die down some after 7.Special Features:
- OverallPadlwDined on 2/15/2014Everything was very good, from food to service. It would be nice to have more on you plate, I.e., I had the rabbit and there really was not that much. But it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's day dinnerakmfamilyDined on 2/14/2014The Price fix menu was well thought out. All of the choices were fantastic. Our only complaint was that a few of the dishes definitely seemed premade and kept warm. It did not effect the flavors but, it was a little disappointing. We have eaten here before and that is not something we have run into before. I suspect it was done because of the amount diners they were anticipating. Also, the 1st 3 courses seemed rushed. But, again, it was so busy we understood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always it was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014We always eat here for Valentines Day and New Years Eve because the do such a great job with their set menu's.Special Features:
- Felice giorno di san valentinorichco60Dined on 2/14/2014I made this reservation just a few days prior to Valentines Day. I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. I wouldn't say it is the best but it was still much better than average and offered an intimate atmosphere. The food was decent, I didn't care for the caesar salad as it looked brown and way too tangy of a taste. I ordered mahi mahi and it was delicious (maybe slightly overcooked) and my wife ordered steak medium well. I prefer my steak medium rare but tried it and was impressed by the tenderness and flavor of the steak. Dessert was to die for I had the tiramisu and it was delicious. Overall this was a very good restaurant but the service could have been better. I recommend it to anyone else that wants an intimate romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shopping Center GemCravenmealsDined on 2/8/2014I have been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile now and it did not disappoint. We went there for my daughter's birthday dinner. It was a little louder than I had hoped. It was extremely busy in there but they did have our table ready when we got there. The wine suggested by our server was spot on and delicious. Prices were reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underrated, Not Under AppreciatedboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 2/8/2014I don't know why I keep forgetting about Via Toscana as a place to enjoy well prepared Italian food. Maybe it's because we live in Boulder and have so many good choices here, but Via Toscana would hold its own in Boulder too. On this visit, my wife had shrimp and scallops with penne and she rated it outstanding. I ordered the beef tip bolognese and found it to be excellent too. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Sangiovese, which was reasonably priced and matched our meals perfectly. The waitstaff at Via Toscana are always well trained, helpful and clearly want you to enjoy your meal. We've eaten at Via Toscana maybe five times in five years and enjoyed it every time. We need to go there more often.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerChrisDined on 1/25/2014We had a wonderful experience at via Toscana last Saturday night. We were seated at a nice and comfortable corner booth on the porch. We all loved the easy visiting at this table. Our server was Jameson and he had the right amount of chatting and right amount of leaving us to enjoy our time. I really liked the pace and felt like we were able to fully enjoy the time without being rushed Lastly Sean spent good time helping with our wine selection with a generous amount of knowledge to share. Our friends were very pleased with everything. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "sorry" would have been nice!sorrygoesalongwayDined on 1/24/2014Our service was TERRIBLE per our waiter, many mistakes, delays and poor communication. Never ONCE did we hear I'm sorry for the delay, mistake, etc (in fact at the end we heard about his aggravation with the night - unbelievable)...... If it weren't for the people who run the food it would have been bad enough to never go back. The food was good but would probably eat in the bar area next time in hopes of service that doesn't make you cringe. Would it have been asking a lot to comp something for all OUR aggravation, especially for an $80 meal for 2!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.