Louisville, CO 80027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://viatoscana.com/
- Phone: (303) 604-6960
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cassady Crittenden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See our website for catering options.
A word from Via Toscana
Relax in a warm, elegant setting and enjoy Italy’s rich culinary traditions. Over 600 wine selections, nightly chef's dinner and specials, and stained glass ceilings throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Via Toscana - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Via Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (40)notable wine list (37)romantic (36)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great AtmosphereOccasionalDinerDined on 11/19/2014We met another couple for dinner - in celebration of Boulder Restaurant Week - on Wednesday. Via Toscana is a longtime favorite although we had not visited lately. We were not disappointed and our friends thoroughly enjoyed their first visit. The special menu for restaurant week offered more extensive options than other participating restaurants, and all the options we chose were commendable. The wine selection is extensive and not too pricey. The Chef's Teaser was surprisingly tasty. Our group ordered either the kale salad or the zucchini garlic bisque, both of which received great praise. Three of us ordered the steak sopraffino which is on the regular menu and is always pleasing, My husband (the pasta lover) ordered the pollo pomodori secco which he thoroughly enjoyed. The desserts seemed authentically Italian. The service was excellent, and the atmosphere is very comfortable. I would recommend Via Toscana to all my foodie friends, and I can't wait for the next reason to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Visittrvl2mchDined on 11/8/2014This was my second visit to Via Toscana and we all 3 enjoyed our food and were pleased with the service. The seating this time was in a booth instead of a table and the impression was "cozier" than the table seating previously, but not cramped. The food is always good quality and tasty. The entrees are not heaping piles of food like some Italian restaurants, so order an appetizer without fear of having no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!BillCDined on 11/8/2014I brought my wife to Via Toscana for her birthday. This was our first visit, but we had heard many positive things about Via Toscana. We were seated immediately when we arrived, and our waiter was at our table within a few moments. The food was outstanding, the wine and beer lists very extensive. If I had one complaint it was that our waiter could have been to our table to take our order a bit quicker, but not a big deal. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Food was excellent. Server appeared to be a newbie/needed training.
- 1st time here but won't be last!thehaymanDined on 11/8/2014What a find! Beautiful, romantic restaurant. Four of us spent 3 hours sharing apps, wine, conversation. Never felt rushed. Our waitress admitted she didn't know a whole lot about the wine list (600 varieties) and had her supervisor come by to help us make our selection. He didn't try to up sell, just wanted to make sure we got what we wanted at the price point we wanted. Gnocchi was the hit at our table. We all tried each others meal and although everything was wonderful, the gnocchi was the best! Gelato and lemoncello to finish off an outstanding night. Very reasonably priced restaurant!Special Features:
- Nothing great, but adequate dinnerSKeeperDined on 11/7/2014We have eaten here previously and it has been very good. On this night it was merely OK. Our waiter was inattentive, though he didn't appear to be overworked with too many tables. The restaurant was about 75% full on a Friday night. The food was good, though some of the dishes were not served hot. In that the waiter was inattentive, there wasn't much point in sending food back to be reheated, as it probably would have come out the same temp due to the inattentive waiter. The wine list has always lacked choices in the "by the glass" category. If you want to drink nice wine, be prepared to pay for the bottle $$$. We had a $20 off Amazon local coupon. I'm not sure how soon we will return, if at all.
- Great experienceDonfromminnDined on 11/6/2014Outstanding service and food. Layout of restaurant very good for groups as well. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JulieDined on 10/24/2014Via Toscana is a restaurant that you can always count on. It's attractive and clean with perfect lighting and candles, nice for a special occasion or just a night out. Most importantly, the food is always wonderful, with a nice choice of innovative dishes as well as standards and nightly specials. The wine list is varied in both type and price. Well-behaved children would fit in well. We always know we'll enjoy our visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a quiet evening meal!MoreQthanADined on 10/23/2014This place continues to get better and better. We had a very enjoyable dinner with a nice quiet table and very good food as always. The wine is a little on the expensive side but the service was very good and though the restaurant area can feel a little cramped (it is small) our table was comfortable. A true neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:
- A hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014What a pleasant surprise. New to the neighborhood and upon a recommendation tried it. The service was excellent. Ellisa was very nice, pleasant, knowledgeable and fun. Food was excellent and all around fun evening. Highly recommended and not what you would expect from a strip mall location.Special Features:
- LuckyDuckDined on 10/18/2014We walked to this neighborhood gem with friends and had a lovely time. The lighting was soft, yet bright enough to read the menus without resorting to pulling out my phone. We had 3 different salads, and they were all delicious (and anchovies on request for the Caesar Salad were extra tasty) We ordered two trout dinners, one eggplant parmigiana, and a duck breast special. All were cooked properly, and the sides were tasty, and inventive (beet mashed potatoes!) We split a bottle of a Grenache/Rose blend which was light and somehow went well with all the dishes. This is one of the quieter restaurants in Louisville, which allows conversation without shouting, and invites relaxation. The waitstaff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatMarieVIPDined on 10/13/2014Located in a strip mall but you'd never know it once you got inside as it didn't have a strip mall feel. Rita, our server, was very friendly and efficient. I had the trout and my husband had Chicken Saltimbocca. Both of us enjoyed our dishes. The complimentary packages of anniversary biscotti were a nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014We took family visiting from out of town. 4 Adults/1 Child. We always have a nice meal and this visit was no exception. The duck special was yummy. My sister found a bottle of wine they hadn't had since their favorite Italian restaurant back east closed.Special Features:
- Great ItalianMikeDVIPDined on 10/10/2014We came here for the Italian menu. I had a rabbit and goat cheese trt that was outstanding. I also had the lasagna. It was heavy and filling, just what I wanted. My wife had the veggie plate and she was happy too. Tira misu and cannoli were great for dessert. Place is quite large. They were busy, but the service was attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D6059Dined on 10/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner. It was our anniversary so we went all out and had an appetiser and a bottle of wine with our meal. The mussels were about the best we've ever had and our dinners were great. Not the easiest to find. And it was not cheap but we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent as Alwaysdkd2001Dined on 10/6/2014Via Toscana is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. They never fail to provide a good italian dinner, even for my pale palate. They occasionally have veal which can be substituted on the chicken dishes -- ask if you prefer veal saltamboca or picatta to chicken. Sauces are made for each dish, so my mushroom allergy was easy to handle. While there was a mixup with the entrees, it was quickly remedied, and the waiter left the incorrect dish for me to nibble on while the correction was made. We always take friends there and have never been disappointed. They have an excellent selection of Italian wines, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but salt issueHokuMomDined on 10/1/2014Via Toscana is a gem, in an unassuming strip mall in Louisville. Upon entering we were pleasantly surprised by the warm, inviting atmosphere and friendly greeting by the front staff. The atmosphere is a step above casual but not stuffy. We received water immediately after seating, and our server arrived fairly soon. The beer and wine list is impressive. The house chianti was very nice. We ordered the house-made burrata which was good, but the toasted bread accompaniment was cold (?). The shrimp scampi was outstanding. The pork braciole was good but very over-salted (too many layers of salt - cheese stuffing, salted meat, salted gravy - I love salt, but this was too much). Overall very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent decor and great foodwidgetVIPDined on 9/29/2014Notable Beer List too! Excellent decor and great food. Don't let the strip mall turn you away. Great for groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food coldgreatfoodbutDined on 9/26/2014while the food was good for all 4 of us, however, 2 of our dishes were barely warm.Special Features:
- Pretty good in LouisvilleChuckVIPDined on 9/24/2014Good food, not outstanding. Located in typical strip mall, so didn't expect much. It was pretty good. Just visiting the area so I will probably never return.Special Features:
- tinaDined on 9/22/2014We had a lovely meal to celebrate my husband's birthday. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our server brought a piece of birthday cake with a candle as a surprise. Very nice.Special Features:
- Texans28Texan28Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent food and service. Extensive Italian wine list. Highly recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Via ToscanaMike8Dined on 9/12/2014The food is consistently excellent and the menu items taste the same from visit to visit. Their specials are special, not just a featured off the menu item. The portions are abundant and the Tapas menu is a great warm up.Special Features:
- Pleasant Restaurant Week Eveningfood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed in our numerous experiences at Via Toscana. The setting is fine, the chef will experiment with great dishes, and the service is outstanding. This "date night' was on the final day of Restaurant Week. The lamb was a chef's creation that was tasty! From teaser course to desserts always worth the short trip here in Louisville!Special Features:
- Denver Restaurant WeekFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We selected from the prix fixe menu during restaurant week. Overall the halibut, asparagus and risotto cake were good. I found the food to be salty though. I wish I had ordered from the regular menu but wanted to try the halibut. The wine list is very good. I still recommend this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDiningwithAliDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding wine list and really fast service makes dining here a great experience! I wish I could have tried more dishes! Guess I will just have to go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindeclecticeaterDined on 8/25/2014We had no idea this delightful place existed! Though tucked away in a strip center, going in the door takes you to an another world! The booths provide a private dining experience. The food is lovely, imaginative and delicious. The service was spot-on. The homemade bread is addictive and plentiful. The restaurant week menu was amazing and bountiful, we especially loved the kale salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningcoldinerDined on 8/25/2014Took advantage of Denver Restaurant week. Had great lamb chops and steak - both excellent. Deserts were good. Service was outstanding without being cloying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were there for the hectic Denver Restaurant Week and the place hopping. Still, the food was great and the service professional. We were there for our anniversary and hoped for a quieter more intimate experience but the noise level was very high and we had to ask our server to repeat himself several times. Still, it was a very good dinner and the food made it all worthwhile. We'll return sometime when it is likely to be quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more tryKSB80516Dined on 8/23/2014We have wanted to go to this restaurant for a long time and took advantage of restaurant week to try it out. I had the halibut and it was very overcooked. My husband had the rib-eye which was very good. Overall, the food was not outstanding, but we were impressed with the service and will likely give this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCMCDMDined on 8/23/2014We went for Denver Restaurant Week. The menu for DRW was excellent, with plenty of options to choose from. The food was well prepared, imaginative, and delicious. Service was knowledgable, well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- KevinKevinDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time and the food was very good. The service was great, and the staff very friendly. We had one small issue that was handled very nicely and professionally by the manager. Nice place and we will be back!Special Features:
- Intimate group dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Beautiful 8 person party in a private room! Great service! Everyone order something different an all dishes were wonderful. We had cocktails, appetizer, entrees and dessert at a very leasurly pase. Both management and staff were very attentive, and friendly. We will definitely retern for family dinners and special events. Very impressive beer and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableLiv443Dined on 8/16/2014Via Toscana is a cozy, comfortable neighborhood restaurant. You can hear everyone without yelling! The food is excellent from the spice infused olive oil on the table through such fresh salads and excellent entrees. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed a romantic evening at Via Toscana. The food was delicious, the server was attentive but not overbearing, and the prices were affordable.Special Features:
- Amazing As AlwaysSadieDined on 8/9/2014My family and I have been coming to Via Toscana for years now & it has yet to be anything less than perfection. The decor is beautiful & detail oriented with stained glass ceilings & a breathtaking wine cellar holding over 600 different wines. The food ranges from traditional Italian to more creative dishes & is consistently wonderful. The beer & wine list are both extensive & filled with excellent selections. The service is impeccable. Everything always arrives in a timely manner & is exactly what was requested. The wait staff is knowledgeable & professional but also extremely warm & friendly. You can tell that the people who own and operate this establishment take a lot of time, effort, and thought to give guests a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphere & Great ServicewidgetVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was pleasantly surprised since this was tucked away in a strip mall, but the warm and detailed interior quickly made me forget about that. Our server was top-notch, and the food selections were varied for Italian. And the beer list was out of this world! I expect a few choices when I go for Italian. Via Toscana more than caters to the local beer scene. There are a number of separated rooms; great for parties and events. And plenty of parking, unlike the 'downtown' areas... The food was hot and quite good. We had a great time and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Italian Favorites, Classy AmbianceMessyKitchenHappyBellyDined on 8/9/2014Via Toscana is tucked away in a strip center and is barreeeellllyy visible from the road, but once you find it, what a treat! They’ve done a wonderful job with the exterior and interior decor, our waitress was wonderful; she knew her menu, made great wine suggestions and got us out perfectly on time so we could make a show later that evening. We had the calamari, Pollo Marsala Saltimbocca and grilled Colorado lamb chops (special). It was an excellent dinner and I can't wait to go back. Please read my full review:http://messykitchenhappybelly.com/2014/08/11/via-toscana-and-paula-poundstone-making-things-right-in-the-world/Special Features:
- Too spicy, too blandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014That pretty well wraps it up. When they made something spicy, heat overwhelmed the flavor. When the food was not spicy, it was bland and boring. It's not easy to cook the flavor out of lamb or swordfish, two of the stronger tastes, but they did it. Won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014don't be put off by the locaton or outside of the restarant. Inside is great and food was outstaningSpecial Features: