Louisville, CO 80027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://viatoscana.com/
- Phone: 3036046960
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: See our website for catering options.
A word from Via Toscana
Relax in a warm, elegant setting and enjoy Italy’s rich culinary traditions. Over 600 wine selections, nightly chef's dinner and specials, and stained glass ceilings throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Via Toscana - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Via Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (31)special occasion (30)romantic (30)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Restaurant WeekDiningwithAliDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding wine list and really fast service makes dining here a great experience! I wish I could have tried more dishes! Guess I will just have to go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindeclecticeaterDined on 8/25/2014We had no idea this delightful place existed! Though tucked away in a strip center, going in the door takes you to an another world! The booths provide a private dining experience. The food is lovely, imaginative and delicious. The service was spot-on. The homemade bread is addictive and plentiful. The restaurant week menu was amazing and bountiful, we especially loved the kale salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were there for the hectic Denver Restaurant Week and the place hopping. Still, the food was great and the service professional. We were there for our anniversary and hoped for a quieter more intimate experience but the noise level was very high and we had to ask our server to repeat himself several times. Still, it was a very good dinner and the food made it all worthwhile. We'll return sometime when it is likely to be quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more tryKSB80516Dined on 8/23/2014We have wanted to go to this restaurant for a long time and took advantage of restaurant week to try it out. I had the halibut and it was very overcooked. My husband had the rib-eye which was very good. Overall, the food was not outstanding, but we were impressed with the service and will likely give this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCMCDMDined on 8/23/2014We went for Denver Restaurant Week. The menu for DRW was excellent, with plenty of options to choose from. The food was well prepared, imaginative, and delicious. Service was knowledgable, well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- KevinKevinDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time and the food was very good. The service was great, and the staff very friendly. We had one small issue that was handled very nicely and professionally by the manager. Nice place and we will be back!Special Features:
- Intimate group dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Beautiful 8 person party in a private room! Great service! Everyone order something different an all dishes were wonderful. We had cocktails, appetizer, entrees and dessert at a very leasurly pase. Both management and staff were very attentive, and friendly. We will definitely retern for family dinners and special events. Very impressive beer and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Via Toscana is a cozy, comfortable neighborhood restaurant. You can hear everyone without yelling! The food is excellent from the spice infused olive oil on the table through such fresh salads and excellent entrees. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed a romantic evening at Via Toscana. The food was delicious, the server was attentive but not overbearing, and the prices were affordable.Special Features:
- Amazing As AlwaysSadieDined on 8/9/2014My family and I have been coming to Via Toscana for years now & it has yet to be anything less than perfection. The decor is beautiful & detail oriented with stained glass ceilings & a breathtaking wine cellar holding over 600 different wines. The food ranges from traditional Italian to more creative dishes & is consistently wonderful. The beer & wine list are both extensive & filled with excellent selections. The service is impeccable. Everything always arrives in a timely manner & is exactly what was requested. The wait staff is knowledgeable & professional but also extremely warm & friendly. You can tell that the people who own and operate this establishment take a lot of time, effort, and thought to give guests a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphere & Great ServicewidgetDined on 8/9/2014I was pleasantly surprised since this was tucked away in a strip mall, but the warm and detailed interior quickly made me forget about that. Our server was top-notch, and the food selections were varied for Italian. And the beer list was out of this world! I expect a few choices when I go for Italian. Via Toscana more than caters to the local beer scene. There are a number of separated rooms; great for parties and events. And plenty of parking, unlike the 'downtown' areas... The food was hot and quite good. We had a great time and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Italian Favorites, Classy AmbianceMessyKitchenHappyBellyDined on 8/9/2014Via Toscana is tucked away in a strip center and is barreeeellllyy visible from the road, but once you find it, what a treat! They’ve done a wonderful job with the exterior and interior decor, our waitress was wonderful; she knew her menu, made great wine suggestions and got us out perfectly on time so we could make a show later that evening. We had the calamari, Pollo Marsala Saltimbocca and grilled Colorado lamb chops (special). It was an excellent dinner and I can't wait to go back. Please read my full review:http://messykitchenhappybelly.com/2014/08/11/via-toscana-and-paula-poundstone-making-things-right-in-the-world/Special Features:
- Too spicy, too blandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014That pretty well wraps it up. When they made something spicy, heat overwhelmed the flavor. When the food was not spicy, it was bland and boring. It's not easy to cook the flavor out of lamb or swordfish, two of the stronger tastes, but they did it. Won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014don't be put off by the locaton or outside of the restarant. Inside is great and food was outstaningSpecial Features:
- ConsistentLaraLandDined on 8/2/2014Awesome, as always! Rabbit and ribs were tender and tasty. We always come for the risotto and are never dissapointed.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent local establishment with great food at very reasonable prices. Incredible wine and beer selection!! Use locally grown products and is not your blow and go national chain!! We certainly enjoyed our dinner and will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!pickEeaterDined on 7/18/2014I'm really glad my wife and I decided to try Via Toscana out for our Anniversary. The atmosphere was great. We were placed in a nice quiet, romantic area. The service was great, without being too 'pushy'. The specialized menu was an EXCELLENT touch. It's small things like that which make me want to re-visit restaurants. Thanks for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at ToscanaFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had the spearfish with red pepper sauce and a potato cake and sugar snap peas. All very good. The choice of ingredients was very good. Top freshness and everything was very well prepared. We also had fried calamari and a vegetarian dish with polenta and ratatouille that had a portabella mushroom which was prepared very well. Another great meal at Via Toscana..., we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!gailbroDined on 7/14/2014I have consistently recieved wonderful food and service at Via Toscana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Friends & WineItalyLoverDined on 7/14/2014Great neighborhood dinner establishment for family, business, or private dinner. Excellent and varied menu from sea to farm. Fabulous infused flavors with authentic and pleasing ingredients. Enjoyable and reasonable wine list to accompany fine fare. Dinner for six with wine, appetizer, and higher end menu items for $200 was a bargain. Attentive staff was on spot and un-obtrusive. Enjoyable evening experience was had by all.Special Features:
- Great Italian Restaurantrickrack50Dined on 7/12/2014We live in Houston and were in the Denver area on business and pleasure. We dined at Via Toscana based on reviews from Open Table and other sources. We had many dinners (including Italian) in the Denver area prior to visiting Via Toscana but this was the best by far. From the time we walked in and were warmly greeted to the time we left, it was a great evening. Jill our server, was very attentive and pleasant, and offered great recommendations from the menu both in food and wine. The food is outstanding, especially the bread, soup(which they gave to us to try), and main entrees. Unfortunately, we probably will not be back in Denver anytime soon, but if we do return, Via Toscana will be on the top of our list.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/28/2014Somewhat limited menu, but good variety and food well prepared and well presented. The business focuses on what they do well. Service friendly and attentive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillDined on 6/21/2014We visited this restaurant after reading positive reviews and seeing their promotional postcard in the mail for a couple of years. Both of us thought it was okay - not horrible, but also not great, and a long way from excellent. There are so many great restaurants in the Boulder/Denver area that I think paying a little more for excellent food is worth it.
- Always deliciousRocknmamaDined on 5/30/2014Love via Toscana as we are never disappointed Great food, atmosphere and value for the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Area SpotCoopDined on 5/21/2014Via Toscana is the perfect spot for a quality meal at a reasonable price in the North area. The place works for both an evening out with your special someone as well as a business spot. The wine list is great if you are into Italian Wines and "not bad" if you are a California Red junkie. Service is VERY good. Our wait staff was attentive but not obnoxious. They seemed to be there when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The ciopinno was most excellent, I normally don't like calamari but in this dish it was excellent. Well done. The lasagna was a bit dry and not as flavorful as expected. Overall our experience was awesome, our server did a fantastic job and should be commended. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- 89% This TimeFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We eat here often and last night we took two guests who were visiting us. Th eonly issue we had was that the chicken with red sauce and penne was too spicy. Pollo Pomodori Secco Rustico, WOW! HO HOT HOT Always save room for the connoli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placechefdadDined on 5/10/2014They are a bit pricy for a local neighborhood location, but it the food is both interesting and very good. The interior is well done, and the overall ambiance is darker, warm, and romantic. Service quality fit with the pricing; you should expect very good service at the higher price points. There are a couple kids items on the menu, and there were a few kids there, but I wouldn't think of this as a general family restaurant. This is a nice italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Toscana again!ZachDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I eat at Via Toscana quite a bit. It's one of our handful of places we frequent when we want to go out to a nice dinner. Food is great, beer list is great, wine list is great, and the ambiance and staff are low-key and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food1999localDined on 5/3/2014It is hard today to find a place you can eat at regularly and find a satisfying menu with many different options. Their menu is always bountiful, the service is always great and it is always reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Via Toscana reviews archive.
- Best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The Italian food here is delicious. Excellently prepared with care to perfection. Excellent servers, friendly, smiling and attentive (but not overly like some places). The decor is calming and romantic. I've had dinner here many times. Always excellent. Best chocolate mousse EVER.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!ChadLDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time recently at Via Toscana for a date night. Wine and food were both excellent and service was outstanding. They offer an excellent combination of traditional or more inspired Italian dishes with a fun atmosphere and outstanding deserts. We had amazing soups, well paired wine, and excellently prepared main dishes. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toscana Great Casual Italian DiningSeekVIPDined on 4/4/2014Toscana has come a long way from the pizza and calzone restaurant we visited in Louisville in 2002. Wonderful energetic atmosphere. Good variety and excellent service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not being a very busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Not being a very busy night , all of the patrons seemed to herded into the same area , which made it loud and not very inviting .Special Features:
- Risotto loverLaraLandDined on 3/15/2014As always, the mushroom risotto is great along with the stuffed mushrooms. We ordered the lamb this time. Unfortunately, it was a bit dry. Next time, we'll order the rabbit ragout. It's always a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Evening at Usually Good Via-TFoodieVIPDined on 3/12/2014This was my fourth visit. The service was good as usual. The ambiance is always great, clean, well-lighted facility with a great layout. The wine list is impressive. The noise level has been reasonable half the time I've been there. This time we had a loud talker next to us and she was obnoxious. An occasional loud laugh makes good atmosphere; constant cackling is a problem when you have to raise your voice to be heard. I ordered the Risoto de Mare but got the Wild Mushroom Risotto with asparagus & crispy parmesan by mistake. I had a chance to send it back and I'm sorry I didn't. It was mushy, the parmesan was not crispy and the asparagus was horribly stringy/chewy. The chef needs to taste more and select better ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularTeeFranklinVIPDined on 3/12/2014One of the best Italian meals we've had in a long time. Quiet, great service, great wine list, and everything we ate was wonderful. I'll be back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food close to homejwbfldDined on 3/7/2014We were looking for some good Italian food close to home, so decided to try Via Toscana. Don't let the strip mall location deter you. They have very good tasting food. Service was kind of slow at first, but they recognized it and comped us an appetizer for the wait. All in all a good find, we will be back.Special Features:
- Great ItalianmamafishDined on 3/7/2014So nice to find fresh flavor Italian food as opposed to cheap, oversalted, out-a-can pasta. I had the polenta, which was full of veggies and cooked perfectly. My daughter had the kid's penne alfredo and it must have been good because not a noodle was left. She had a scoop of salted caramel gelato which was to die for! I didn't see much for dessert because I need to keep it light on dairy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My Italian friends love this restaurant because it's the genuine article. The food is outstanding Italian, and the place is such a delightful surprise, tucked in the corner of a strip mall. It's not at all expensive, but the food is top of the line, and the atmosphere is charming. (even romantic for some) It looked to be a hit for Friday afternoon bar gatherings as well. A super Louisville treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.