4020 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viareal.com/
- Phone: (972) 650-9001
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: J. Jesus Olivares
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available on request.
- Special Events: With 25 years of experience and award winning service, we are the perfect choice for your corporate event, special family occasion, business luncheon, or intimate private dinner.
We can comfortably accommodate from 10 to 250 in our elegant main dining room or four recently updated banquet rooms.
Our dedicated and professional staff will treat you to a memorable occasion with superb service and the gourmet taste of Via Reál you've come to know.
These rooms can be combined in several different ways to accommodate very large groups.
A word from Via Real
This beguiling southwestern hacienda offers cuisine to tantalize your taste buds. Delicious food, gracious hospitality and a staff dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction will leave you saying “When can I come back?” Via Real specializes in private parties, from 10 to 100, with four private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Via Real - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Via Real reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)good for groups (62)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (56)romantic (43)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- LSOMSVIPDined on 11/21/2014We were on business and was refered to this hotel by a bellman at the Four Seasons. Great find!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeTMFHDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful atmosphere. Food was delicious. Service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014Excellent service from the moment they called to confirm my reservation to being very attentive when we needed to push the reservation back by 30 minutes. Excellent wait staff. Great menu items. A little bit loud and very busy with group dinners but they handled it well Fantastic for groups for business dinners and for a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service always excellent and friendly.HarryVIPDined on 11/18/2014Ian who seated us and Manuel who served us were very attentive, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightMisterBDined on 11/15/2014We had a date night and worked perfectly. We were seated quickly and in a quieter area of the restaurant with a fireplace and very comfortable seating. Tables were not close to each other. Pricing was about what we expected - definitely upscale Mexican. Expect $75 for two. Chili relleno was unique and spicy. My date had a highly recommended enchiladas and very tasty. Corn side is very good and so is rice side. We ordered the large margarita which was a little large for us, we couldn't finish it. Not a bad thing - just something to note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been dining here for years and each times it is just a wonderful experience. Such a friendly, yet professional staff. The food is first class all the way. Eat here....you will not regret it. Ask for Diego to be your server....he is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantDebbieDined on 11/14/2014I have been going to Via Real since 1985 for my birthday, love it and the sqaush enchiladas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love taking clients here for lunch.NaNaVIPDined on 11/13/2014They have a variety of food items and all are great. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuca72Dined on 11/6/2014Good choices of food not so much dressing AND with an excellent preparation. Good for European style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014Great atmosphere, excellent wait staff, efficient and attentativ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via real ++++++++OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We got the recommendation to go there from a hostess at our hotel Italian resterant, she was honest, it was fabulous food and fabulous folks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to meet an old friendLvKidsathomeDined on 11/1/2014The laid back and quiet atmosphere made this the perfect place to meet and catch up with an old friend recently. We had the perfect balace of attention and time to talk privately. We had the seafood special which was outstanding and more than enough to share. And ended the evening wit one of the best desserts I've had in a very long time - oatmeal pie with vanilla ice cream. It was absolutely scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongClosingtheDealDined on 10/28/2014Picking a restaurant to entertain Clients for lunch is not always an easy thing to do. Inevitably you are left with trying to select a restaurant that you can get in and out of within an hour, trying to select a place that is not so noisy that you cannot talk about business, all while trying to impress the idea to Clients that you are successful and that you want only the best for them. Well...Via Real accomplishes all these things and more. From the moment that you enter Via Real with your Clients, or prospective Clients, the only way to describe the feeling that this host received was...relieved! The atmosphere was one of success, comfort and "upbeat."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!!TheFoodDudeVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was one of the best places I have been in years!! Food was GREAT service was GREAT. My only dissepiment was I have not eaten hear sooner. What a great place.Special Features:
- A Special Birthday DinnerDiningbeforetheaterDined on 10/24/2014We had an early dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. The restaurant seated us at a nice table and the service was excellent. The food choices were varied and appetizing. My friend ordered the special shrimp and I had the Low-Carb Fillet dinner. The food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. The birthday dessert and complimentary photo marked the special celebration. Via Real is our favorite place to celebrate special occasions with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongMarkDined on 10/22/2014I have been eating at Via Real since it opened back in the day. Although I do not go there as often since I no longer work in the area, I recently went back with a visitor from out of town staying near the restaurant. The experience was great and the restaurant still serves some of the best Southwest and Mexican food around the DFW area. My guest said that the Chilean Sea Bass special was the best she had ever had and the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Soup was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cheers2uDined on 10/18/2014Always a good experience! Nice to be able to go to a restaurant and have consistent good service and good food and no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeeelicious!ImpressMeDined on 10/15/2014Based on feedback, I wanted to try it for myself. The service was exceptional, the food delicious. Not your everyday Mexican restaurant - the menu selections and specials had a unique twist. Would definitely go again and try something different.Special Features:
- engagedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We decided to to get engaged here because it was were we had our first date. The staff was friendly and the food was great. The owner came by and congratulated us and made a niece comment about my fiancée ring. We will go back on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st anniversary celebrationRickyDined on 10/11/2014After one year of marraige, Via Real was a perfect, romantic setting to celebrate. The food was great and service excellent. Fran, the owner, makes everyone feel at home with her personable visits to each table. Memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPatriciaDined on 10/9/2014I've been going here since 1999 and it is still my number one place! Food and service are above all the rest. Best server ever in the world is Diego Soto! Had the seafood special last night and it was amazing. Also great for company dinners, we have had several here and it was a great experience. Not to mention the beautiful owner Ms Fran! She is always getting her guest like family.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The dinner was amazing! We had a wonderful waiter, and it was a very busy evening! I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Via RealCowtownDiner82Dined on 10/8/2014The service was impeccable and the food was marvelous. And the house margaritas are addictive.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENINGDonJDined on 10/7/2014SERVICE WAS GREAT! FOOD WAS GOOD! THERE WERE SEVERAL LARGE GROUPS. THERE WERE SOME LOUD AND SOMEWHAT OBNOXIOUS PATRONS THAT MADE THE EVENING A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE, THOUGH.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSocialButterflyDined on 10/6/2014Via Real is one of those restaurants whose dishes are ALL delicious!! You cannot go wrong with anything from their menu. Their margaritas are also very good! If you are looking for a GREAT restaurant for personal dining or business, this is your spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeShirkerDined on 10/3/2014Awesome place and the staff go above and beyond! Great customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via RealSuzjoyDined on 10/1/2014We've dined there before, and are never disappointed. They will graciousl prepare a meal to taste--without butter, spices, etc. The food is fresh and delicious, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are warm and inviting.Special Features:
- ExcellentTomvetteDined on 9/30/2014This restaurant has the best staff in DFW. Many waiters have worked at Vea Real over 15 years. The setting is quiet, elegant and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great find!HoustonFoodieDined on 9/28/2014We tried Via Real while visiting Irving this weekend. It did not disappoint. Service was attentive and friendly, wine list was great, food was so delicious that we came back the next day for Sunday brunch! Brunch was amazing and a great value. $21 and it included bottomless mimosas!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantwdbivDined on 9/25/2014We selected Via Real for my son in law's birthday, primarily because if it's'so location. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful interior, the iutstandvservice, and the excellent food. We will definitely Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I like the convenience of being able to book online. I love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Kudos to the staff - when I asked for a 'table out of the way for a business meeting', they not only provided this, but confirmed with a phone call. And confirmed the company to avoid any nearby conflicts. Great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tex MexGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/22/2014Competent Tex Mex with good Margaritas. Order the large and you'll enjoy it for a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been going to this restaurant for 15 years and it has never disappointed. Great place for special occasions because they make you feel special. Excellent service and get food. Not a typical Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!EatDrinkandBMerryVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've been going here for 25 years. When we lived in Las Colinas, we'd go once a week. Now that we've moved a bit further away, we don't make it as often as we would like, but the place continues to be a favorite. The owner Fran is almost always there and is just a delight. She knows her regulars and even though our visits now are only a couple of times a year, she still knows us by name. You won't go wrong here - ever!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!KnowMyFoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food and services is always consistently excellent!Special Features:
- Very goodGonzaloVIPDined on 9/8/2014I really liked the food. We had the lobster bruschetta, then shrimp fajitas and a chicken platter. For dessert, we had the flan but that eas just OK, not too tasty. The CADILLAS margarita was amazing...strong yet tasty...perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale SouthwesternIngaDined on 9/7/2014I'd return for this brunch. Omelets made to order. Lots of fresh ingredients. Several prepared dishes had a Mexican twist. Gluten-free options available.Special Features:
- Great food and margaritaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Server was a little slow. Food was good...dish with mango sauce was a little too sweet. Overall, good dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBrendaW319Dined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the ceviche, guacamole, tacos, beef and shrimp fajitas, though nothing special in a city of very good Mexican restaurants. The service was very good, the prices were a bit high, but overall, a good restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.