4020 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viareal.com/
- Phone: 9726509001x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: J. Jesus Olivares
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available on request.
- Special Events: With 25 years of experience and award winning service, we are the perfect choice for your corporate event, special family occasion, business luncheon, or intimate private dinner.
We can comfortably accommodate from 10 to 250 in our elegant main dining room or four recently updated banquet rooms.
Our dedicated and professional staff will treat you to a memorable occasion with superb service and the gourmet taste of Via Reál you've come to know.
These rooms can be combined in several different ways to accommodate very large groups.
A word from Via Real
This beguiling southwestern hacienda offers cuisine to tantalize your taste buds. Delicious food, gracious hospitality and a staff dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction will leave you saying “When can I come back?” Via Real specializes in private parties, from 10 to 100, with four private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Via Real - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Via Real reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (60)great for lunch (47)romantic (45)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Still going strongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014I have been eating at Via Real since it opened back in the day. Although I do not go there as often since I no longer work in the area, I recently went back with a visitor from out of town staying near the restaurant. The experience was great and the restaurant still serves some of the best Southwest and Mexican food around the DFW area. My guest said that the Chilean Sea Bass special was the best she had ever had and the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Soup was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cheers2uDined on 10/18/2014Always a good experience! Nice to be able to go to a restaurant and have consistent good service and good food and no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- engagedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We decided to to get engaged here because it was were we had our first date. The staff was friendly and the food was great. The owner came by and congratulated us and made a niece comment about my fiancée ring. We will go back on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st anniversary celebrationRickyDined on 10/11/2014After one year of marraige, Via Real was a perfect, romantic setting to celebrate. The food was great and service excellent. Fran, the owner, makes everyone feel at home with her personable visits to each table. Memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPatriciaDined on 10/9/2014I've been going here since 1999 and it is still my number one place! Food and service are above all the rest. Best server ever in the world is Diego Soto! Had the seafood special last night and it was amazing. Also great for company dinners, we have had several here and it was a great experience. Not to mention the beautiful owner Ms Fran! She is always getting her guest like family.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The dinner was amazing! We had a wonderful waiter, and it was a very busy evening! I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Via RealCowtownDiner82Dined on 10/8/2014The service was impeccable and the food was marvelous. And the house margaritas are addictive.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENINGDonJDined on 10/7/2014SERVICE WAS GREAT! FOOD WAS GOOD! THERE WERE SEVERAL LARGE GROUPS. THERE WERE SOME LOUD AND SOMEWHAT OBNOXIOUS PATRONS THAT MADE THE EVENING A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE, THOUGH.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSocialButterflyDined on 10/6/2014Via Real is one of those restaurants whose dishes are ALL delicious!! You cannot go wrong with anything from their menu. Their margaritas are also very good! If you are looking for a GREAT restaurant for personal dining or business, this is your spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeShirkerDined on 10/3/2014Awesome place and the staff go above and beyond! Great customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via RealSuzjoyDined on 10/1/2014We've dined there before, and are never disappointed. They will graciousl prepare a meal to taste--without butter, spices, etc. The food is fresh and delicious, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are warm and inviting.Special Features:
- ExcellentTomvetteDined on 9/30/2014This restaurant has the best staff in DFW. Many waiters have worked at Vea Real over 15 years. The setting is quiet, elegant and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great find!HoustonFoodieDined on 9/28/2014We tried Via Real while visiting Irving this weekend. It did not disappoint. Service was attentive and friendly, wine list was great, food was so delicious that we came back the next day for Sunday brunch! Brunch was amazing and a great value. $21 and it included bottomless mimosas!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantwdbivDined on 9/25/2014We selected Via Real for my son in law's birthday, primarily because if it's'so location. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful interior, the iutstandvservice, and the excellent food. We will definitely Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I like the convenience of being able to book online. I love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Kudos to the staff - when I asked for a 'table out of the way for a business meeting', they not only provided this, but confirmed with a phone call. And confirmed the company to avoid any nearby conflicts. Great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tex MexGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/22/2014Competent Tex Mex with good Margaritas. Order the large and you'll enjoy it for a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been going to this restaurant for 15 years and it has never disappointed. Great place for special occasions because they make you feel special. Excellent service and get food. Not a typical Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!EatDrinkandBMerryDined on 9/12/2014We've been going here for 25 years. When we lived in Las Colinas, we'd go once a week. Now that we've moved a bit further away, we don't make it as often as we would like, but the place continues to be a favorite. The owner Fran is almost always there and is just a delight. She knows her regulars and even though our visits now are only a couple of times a year, she still knows us by name. You won't go wrong here - ever!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!KnowMyFoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food and services is always consistently excellent!Special Features:
- Very goodGonzaloVIPDined on 9/8/2014I really liked the food. We had the lobster bruschetta, then shrimp fajitas and a chicken platter. For dessert, we had the flan but that eas just OK, not too tasty. The CADILLAS margarita was amazing...strong yet tasty...perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale SouthwesternIngaDined on 9/7/2014I'd return for this brunch. Omelets made to order. Lots of fresh ingredients. Several prepared dishes had a Mexican twist. Gluten-free options available.Special Features:
- Great food and margaritaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Server was a little slow. Food was good...dish with mango sauce was a little too sweet. Overall, good dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBrendaW319Dined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the ceviche, guacamole, tacos, beef and shrimp fajitas, though nothing special in a city of very good Mexican restaurants. The service was very good, the prices were a bit high, but overall, a good restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodleaveittDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our food very much and enjoyed the atmosphere while entertaining a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Every time that I am visiting the dallas area, this is a definite stop! The food, atmosphere and service here are the best around! My meal again was very good this time. The ceviche and the cancun dish were simply great. The only thing I did not like was that they put some kind of sauce on my scallops that is not mentioned on the menu that I did not care for. I wish I would have known that, but will for future visits. You cannot go wrong here, so please try this fine restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was awesome and knew the menu. We were seated on time staff was very friendly. The hostess had a bad dress on that I'm tryin to find except I am not her petite size. Still have work to do. Although my honey was amazingly surprised when they brought the cake and took our picture. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014Brent Gallagher and his staff always take great care of their customers. The food was great and the service was as well. Great Margaritas!!Special Features:
- Unique dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The chef's here have done a great job creating one of a kind dishes. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rstew22dineVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food and service are great. Diego is a veteran and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two NightsWIGOLFNUTDined on 8/20/2014I went there late on one night and had a fantastic mean. The Chilian See Bass is fantastic. The next night I was with another group and they all want to go there for dinner. I could not have been more thrilled. Two nights of fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but exceptionalTisalsDined on 8/18/2014Food and service were outstanding. Paul was a top notch serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JenMDined on 8/17/2014This has become a special occasion spot for me and my co-workers. We being colleagues here when they are in town, and my friend from out of town insists on going everytime she is here because she loves it so much! I've never had bad service - only exceptional service actually. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the whole experience is enjoyable. I would never hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to IrvingCountryLovinDined on 8/17/2014And my husbands co-workers recommended Via Real' to us. It was pouring rain on Sunday so we almost did not go . Happy we did. The food was great. Lots of meat for my hubby lots of healthy food for me( vegetarian) They had a variety of salads and lots of fresh fruit. They also have a made to order omelette bar. It was fresh, hot, and delicious. The service was impressive. The host Ian was very courteous and when he learned we were new in town answered some questions for us. Our waiter James was very attentive ,and polite . He brought us a piece of their chocolate raspberry cake to us ( for our anniversary) and it was SO good. Make sure you have that cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatrtheavenDined on 8/15/2014the food was mediocre. wife and i didnt even finish the guacamole. the main dishes are so so.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014I've been to Via Real a few times while in Irving on business. I have always had great food and service and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Reservation was confirmed as to time, number in party and corporate affiliation so they could keep competitor businesses from sitting next to each other. A very thoughtful touch. Waiter is very experienced and professional but was in the weeds with too many tables. Very infrequent check back on needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerTPaneDined on 8/14/2014Our company is in Williams Square. Excellent location to meet a key client for introductions and dinner. Key client loves Mexican food. Via Real delivers. Staff is friendly and helpful. Food is delicious. We can always count on Via Real to deliver.I would recommend this to a friend.
- xeroxDined on 8/14/2014Waiter was exceptional - bright - communicates well- prompt - friendly - thanked us for coming and invited us backSpecial Features:
- Quiet, Perfect for Business LunchQLevyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent and the small rooms away from the main dining area are great for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.