4020 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viareal.com/
- Phone: 9726509001x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: J. Jesus Olivares
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available on request.
- Special Events: With 25 years of experience and award winning service, we are the perfect choice for your corporate event, special family occasion, business luncheon, or intimate private dinner.
We can comfortably accommodate from 10 to 250 in our elegant main dining room or four recently updated banquet rooms.
Our dedicated and professional staff will treat you to a memorable occasion with superb service and the gourmet taste of Via Reál you've come to know.
These rooms can be combined in several different ways to accommodate very large groups.
A word from Via Real
This beguiling southwestern hacienda offers cuisine to tantalize your taste buds. Delicious food, gracious hospitality and a staff dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction will leave you saying “When can I come back?” Via Real specializes in private parties, from 10 to 100, with four private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Via Real - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Via Real reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)good for groups (66)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (56)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (41)notable wine list (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014Brent Gallagher and his staff always take great care of their customers. The food was great and the service was as well. Great Margaritas!!Special Features:
- Unique dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The chef's here have done a great job creating one of a kind dishes. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rstew22dineVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food and service are great. Diego is a veteran and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two NightsWIGOLFNUTDined on 8/20/2014I went there late on one night and had a fantastic mean. The Chilian See Bass is fantastic. The next night I was with another group and they all want to go there for dinner. I could not have been more thrilled. Two nights of fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but exceptionalTisalsDined on 8/18/2014Food and service were outstanding. Paul was a top notch serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JenMDined on 8/17/2014This has become a special occasion spot for me and my co-workers. We being colleagues here when they are in town, and my friend from out of town insists on going everytime she is here because she loves it so much! I've never had bad service - only exceptional service actually. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the whole experience is enjoyable. I would never hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to IrvingCountryLovinDined on 8/17/2014And my husbands co-workers recommended Via Real' to us. It was pouring rain on Sunday so we almost did not go . Happy we did. The food was great. Lots of meat for my hubby lots of healthy food for me( vegetarian) They had a variety of salads and lots of fresh fruit. They also have a made to order omelette bar. It was fresh, hot, and delicious. The service was impressive. The host Ian was very courteous and when he learned we were new in town answered some questions for us. Our waiter James was very attentive ,and polite . He brought us a piece of their chocolate raspberry cake to us ( for our anniversary) and it was SO good. Make sure you have that cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014I've been to Via Real a few times while in Irving on business. I have always had great food and service and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Reservation was confirmed as to time, number in party and corporate affiliation so they could keep competitor businesses from sitting next to each other. A very thoughtful touch. Waiter is very experienced and professional but was in the weeds with too many tables. Very infrequent check back on needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerTPaneDined on 8/14/2014Our company is in Williams Square. Excellent location to meet a key client for introductions and dinner. Key client loves Mexican food. Via Real delivers. Staff is friendly and helpful. Food is delicious. We can always count on Via Real to deliver.I would recommend this to a friend.
- xeroxDined on 8/14/2014Waiter was exceptional - bright - communicates well- prompt - friendly - thanked us for coming and invited us backSpecial Features:
- Quiet, Perfect for Business LunchQLevyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent and the small rooms away from the main dining area are great for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great recommmended place!ScooterSuDined on 8/9/2014Knowing we would be in the Dallas area for my birthday weekend - I asked a relative to recommend a restaurant. Via Real was his first choice and I immediately made reservations. What a nice place. From the telephone call the day before to go over my reservations and my allergies to the end of the meal with a birthday candle on the dessert - this was a wonderful experience. Personnel were friendly and knowledgeable and not at all bothersome but seemed to know when to be at the table. The food was delicious - my husband really enjoyed the tenderloin and the shrimp dish I had was very, very good. Thanks Fran and staff for making this a great birthday weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!lovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 8/8/2014What a great restaurant. The food and service could not have been better. Met a girlfriend who was staying by the airport. Didn't know what to expect since i had never been there. What a nice surprise. Dimly lit so perfect for date night as well. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We went here for a business lunch. Our server was outstanding as was the food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with great foodweloveviarealDined on 8/7/2014Via Real is a fantastic restaurant in Irving. We love eating here, enjoying the Southwestern cuisine and atmosphere, great service and overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014We moved from the immediate area recently, but still try to come back as often as possible. The food is always terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Quality surpassed - food never disappoints and service was very good for a larger group. Increased the reservation due to a 'surprise' guest and the staff never missed a beat getting us to a larger table.Special Features:
- Via Real never failsTommyVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is an awesome place to dine. The menu is full of wonderful choices and the meals are very creative. I had the sea bass and was blown away by the preparation and the taste. The service was awesome!Special Features:
- Brunch well worth the price!SteveDined on 7/27/2014$21 for brunch may seem like a lot to some. But, I've paid the average $15 price at most and the food was far better and well worth the extra. All fresh, great service, and drinks were constantly refilled to include the mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic Experience!DrArmsDined on 7/25/2014Another fantastic experience! Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere. My wife had her favorite, the grilled salmon, and she loved it! I had the filet this trip, and it was fantastic, as well. We share the creme brûlée, which was delicious. Fran always does a great job and my entire family loves Via Real!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Upscale Tex Mex and More5StartoDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014I found myself near DFW and was interested in some Southwest / TexMex cuisine. This place was convenient -- and pretty upscale - but with reasonable prices. The chips and salsa which were brought to the table immediately were excellent. I had a chicken quesadilla as an appetizer -- it was great. I then had two shredded beef soft tacos - also tasted very good. My son who was dining with me had a Margarita - he said it was very good - as well as a pasta dish. There were many other interesting things on the menu so I will be tempted to go back the next time in Dallas.Special Features:
- LadiesDined on 7/22/2014Our group was treated very well and had excellent service.Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceElleJoDined on 7/21/2014It's been 20 years since I was last here and back then Via Real was on the cutting edge of southwestern cuisine. I was delighted to see they haven't lost their edge. Great meal. I won't wait 20 years before I come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SouthernmamaDined on 7/21/2014The service was great and the food amazing! Try the squash enchiladas- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoriteseatout2muchDined on 7/19/2014I've taken three groups and two individuals to Via Real in the last couple months -- all first-timers, and all very impressed. It's one of my favorite restaurants for great food, service and ambience. A little pricey, but not overly so.Special Features:
- razorbackDined on 7/13/2014The first time I dined at Via Real was on Friday night 7/11/14. I made my reservation through Open Table with a special request for a romantic , quite table. This was a very important date for me. Via Real exceeded all of my request. Our server's name was Kevin. Recommend him. The food was absolutely fantastic. Fran, the owner, came by our table, sat for a short time, and visited with us. If you do not like the food, you need to get your taste buds checked. It was so great, we went back for Via Real's Sunday Brunch...$21 a person and worth so much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super service and great food!WeekendVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had not been to Via Real in almost 20 years. Our party of 6 was very pleased--the service was outstanding, friendly, never rushed. The food was way above any other Mexican restaurant fare. I will go back, much sooner this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBillDined on 7/9/2014A very enjoyable experience for our first time here. The owner Fran glides thru the room talking to every table. Will be heading back time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloydINHeavenDined on 7/5/2014We are a many time returning customer, have never wrote a review, but have to let all know. This place is Amazing. The Service, the Food, the Ambiance. Simply Perfect. Awesome place to spend time with that Special Person in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food SelectionMicheleDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed having new choices for mexican food instead of the old standbys. My husband and I are vegan and they have excellent spinach or squash enchiladas or the tasty vegetable fajatas. Their salsa and chips are light and spicy. We had guests in from out of town and they enjoyed the variety. Our waiter sounded authentic which sometimes made communicating hard with all the noise level in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is still great!AmelitajoDined on 7/2/2014Via Real is still the wonderful restaurant it was when the last time I went which was 14 years ago. Of course the menu has changed since then but this place is still as wonderful and fabulous as it was back then. I'm certainly not going to wait that long to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanDined on 7/1/2014It is always a delight to dine at Via Real. Each dish is well presented, the food is fresh and delicious and each meal is an experience. The atmosphere is very pleasant with the staff being discretely available for service allowing the guests to enjoy their meal at a leisurely pace. When we want to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or entertain out of town friends, this is our restaurant of choice. One feels welcome in this restaurant as a valued customer. For us, it is a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dine!DaveSDined on 6/30/2014Via Real is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is FAR above any chain Mexican food and the service has been consistently oustanding. I really like to take my business teams there for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Best brunch I've ever had. I cannot wait to come back here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOverpricedDined on 6/28/2014Food was on OK, I had been for lunch before, dinner was overpriced for what you received Chips and Salsa were good, the house margarita was good.Special Features:
- Missed the markFoodCriterDined on 6/26/2014We a dinner with friends and the place was crowded on a Thursday night. The wait staff was in no hurry to take and order but when they did the food was brought quickly. The quality of the food however was very poor. Very disappointing for a restaurant that has been in business for so long.
- Wonderful food/slow pacedSueMVIPDined on 6/24/2014A group of four ate at Via Real for dinner on a Tuesday night. I was glad we made reservations because the place was packed. The menu all looked really good with specialty entrees along with 'normal' Mexican foods. They also had a specials menu which the waiter came and showed us what an actual plate looked like. He also listed an extra one that wasn't on any menu. Sea Bass over pineapple chutney. Three of the four of us ordered the sea bass and the fourth ordered a filet. It was the sea bass was the best I have ever had. We all loved it. The filet was also very good and cooked perfectly. The salsa and guacamole were also very good. The pace was set very slow so we were able to visit with each other but by the end it became too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinkerbellDined on 6/22/2014We went for Sunday brunch and enjoyed the variety--omelettes made to order (yum!!), waffles, Mexican entrees, lobster bisque--huge variety--all fresh and beautifully presented. We never felt rushed and our server was attentive without being intrusive--we were, after all, three close friends sharing special time together. Couldn't have picked a better place to do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy bien!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Great place! Ian our waiter was outstanding. Delicious food. We lived in Mexico for 4 years so it stood up to our expectations. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.