Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton
1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ritzcarlton.com/fortlauderdale
- Phone: 9543026460x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am, Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm -11:00pm
Via Luna Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Khaled Ibrahim/Enrique Galan
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room hosts up to thirty (30pp) guests for a customized experience.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey DeBoissiere 9544652300x
- Special Events: Via Luna's Group Dining Packages offer a wide arrange of options personally customized and tailored to fit our clients needs. Offering the finest personalized service, local & organic menus, and the only AAA Five Diamond Hotel in all of Broward County.
Call or email today to book your private event. We look forward to creating a memorable experience for your guests.
A word from Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton
Via Luna, located inside The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale, is perfect for a romantic date, special occasion or gathering with friends. Via Luna offers hand selected wines from around the world. Our chefs use local, organic & seasonal ingredients to create a fresh approach to classic Italian dining. Our food & beverage team is able to present menus in advance and customize to individual preferences for a perfect, tailor-made evening. Via Luna specializes in group & private dining for business meetings, family functions, and all special occasions. A warm, relaxed yet refined ambiance makes Via Luna a local hot spot offering ocean views from every area of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)scenic view (23)special occasion (18)romantic (18)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Food was fantasticMarkcDined on 8/30/2014The food and service were exellent. View of the ocean was great. Lot of exotic cars going by on the street. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table44Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing friendly and knowledgable staff, Our server Anthony was great. Made my daughters birthday one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and nice outdoor seatingKds2014VIPDined on 8/10/2014I would say the food is solid. Nothing overly spectacular and a bit overpriced. But the outdoor seating is great and the service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent On All LevelsViking517Dined on 8/2/2014Via Luna is the place you want to go for wonderful food and perfect service. Our waiter, John Paul, was the ideal service person: there whenever you needed him, and no when you didn't. He explained everything on the relatively small menu and paced the delivery of cocktails and courses so nothing was brought too soon, but never left us waiting (a rarity that we all appreciated). Also, the beautiful decor is enhanced by perfect lighting: soft but not dark. And, the restaurant is wonderfully quiet (another rarity these days). We were a party of 6 and everyone was extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbStanDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had a fantastic meal coupled with wonderful and expert service. The food flavoring was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodMikeVIPDined on 7/14/2014Seafood fettuccine with very fresh seafood and fresh pasta. The seafood always seems very fresh! Service is spot on with serene setting and great view of the ocean. One of the few outstanding restaurants on the beach in this area.Special Features:
- A Bit DisappointingIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 7/12/2014Via Luna was the choice for our family to celebrate my wife's birthday. Unfortunately despite the high-end reputation and pricing, the meal was just average. Despite being the only customers on the terrace, basic drinks (iced tea) took 5+ minutes to arrive. It was attributed to the "fresh brewing," but all night drinks were slow to be replaced. The calamari appetizer was just plain horrible, tasting like as if it had been frozen and thrown in a vat of old oil. Entrees were decent, yet nothing special. On the good side, the atmosphere is good for people watching. The pei mussels were actually quite good. As residents of the area, we've found much better dining options along A1A. The place just needs a bit higher quality in the kitchen.Special Features:
- A Quiet Dinner for TwoBoyskeVIPDined on 7/11/2014I rely on Open Table reviews for my selections, so I am always careful to be honest but not overly critical. We chose Via Luna mainly because it was the first day of our stay at the Ritz-Carlton. We dined outdoors and the setting is perfectly lovely. It was a Friday evening and very quiet. Our server was excellent, made good wine recommendations, and timing was perfect. The food was fine, but nothing memorable. Considering the beauty of the hotel and reputation of the Ritz-Carlton, it seems like Via Luna just comes up short. Still, we had a romantic dinner far away from the worries of home, so that is the memory I will keep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!jvd1659VIPDined on 7/3/2014We sat outside two nights in a row here. Two great dinners. Super location over looking the beach. The service was top notch as it is the Ritz Carlton. We will be back.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningcrabmanVIPDined on 7/3/2014We are in Ft. Lauderdale on vacation. This was our second time this week eating here. After our first visit, we definitely wanted to return. We both had the black grouper which was excellently prepared. Carmen was our server, and her excellent, attentive service and wonderful demeanor made a great experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyablecrabmanVIPDined on 7/2/2014John Paul was our server and was able to answer questions about the menu and accurately and tell us how various dishes were prepared. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Dining room is nicely appointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Very nice. Great service and wonderful food! Burrata salad and meatball a must!!Special Features:
- CherdanDined on 6/9/2014Although the lunch menu at Via Luna is quite limited, the scenic view and atmosphere make up for the lack of variety. The food and service were good. We parked in the garage parking lot just south of the Ritz-Carlton building. If you can get in and out of the restaurant in 1 hour, the cost is $5 for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean viewCapgrilleVIPDined on 6/2/2014This place has a great view of the ocean. Our server was extremely outgoing, energetic and informative. We had the carpaccio, meatball and salmon apps. They were all perfectly prepared. We then split the organic chicken was was the best we've ever had. It was a Monday so the restaurant was pretty empty but nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves and would return.Special Features:
- The following 374 reviews are from the Via Luna at The Ritz-Carlton reviews archive.
- Not impressedSweeneyt13Dined on 5/15/2014Terrific service. Great outdoor view. Food was just not to my liking. Could have spent 1/2 the price (and this place is WAY overpriced) and had a better meal. It's not that the food was bad (my friend thought it was terrific); it just wasn't to my states. And at those prices, it had damn well better be for there to be a next time. :) Won't be coming back.Special Features:
- SLOW service - Bland GrouperOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/7/2014Service was very slow, took long time just to get drink order placed. Grouper was very bland.
- Service was Perfect Food was OKReeseDined on 4/21/2014From the moment we were seated our very attentive waiter and staff were available for any needs or simply for information about menu items. I had a special request which was handled with ease (Im Vegetarian) . My dining companions steak was excellent - Nice beef well presented- My mushroom risotto tasted packaged- was cold. I did special order it so I cant complain. The other issue just for those reading this on open table is that the $$ is incorrect . 2 glasses of wine, a mushroom rissoto, a tomato salad and a steak were 148 dollarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spot on !!LovefinediningVIPDined on 4/21/2014Great service. We have eaten here for breakfast, lunch and dinner too. The staff can't do enough to make your dining experience perfect. The food is always spot on. Brunch is delicious as well. We loved our waiter Gerson.Special Features:
- Easter dinnerPHLFLLDined on 4/20/2014Perfect for Easter Dinner. Food, service, ambiance was just right. Enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningBelugaVIPDined on 4/14/2014Great experience! I had the spaghetti with a meatball. Friend had the snapper. Both reply excellent. Definitely tasted like home- made pasta. Attentive service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot great foodgr8foodVIPDined on 4/8/2014we had a lovely dinner outside looking across to the ocean. The food and service were top notch our table was private and comfortable. Great spot to get away from the kids.Special Features:
- So Awesome Had to ReturnVacationLover1124VIPDined on 3/16/2014While staying at a nearby hotel and wanting to try eating something outside of the hotel, OpenTable led us to Via Luna. We made reservations and had Sunday Brunch which was delicious! The food was very fresh, the buffet was clean and the atmosphere was perfect for a hot sunny day. The waffles were amazing which prompted our return the very next day. We thought we would sneak back unnoticed for more of those fabulous waffles, however, Chad remembered us from the day before, and greeted us with a warm welcome. Jaime our waiter was very attentive and Adner also checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed. Overall, we had an amazing experience! Highly recommended!!! A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary food - poor waiter servicePwrshiftVIPDined on 2/17/2014We were the only ones there at 6:30 pm. Waiter Terry was attentive in the beginning but abandoned us after the main course. Crispy Calamari was great - needed more sauce. Caesar salad was good. Two wine glasses were $14 each. I had Black Grouper and not a fish eater, but enjoyed it...very different from 'blackened grouper' and often confused. Spaghetti with big meatball was great. For dessert, the Baked Alaska was terrible...tons of white stuff over a 1/2 inch cake of pistachio and no ice cream at all. Strange. Apple pie took 20 minutes to prepare so we said to bring us coffee while we waited...nothing came until the desserts came and our waiter Terry didn't even come by. Spoiled the whole ambiance for an expensive meal. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceEasternpntVIPDined on 2/15/2014It was a busy Saturday in FLL and this was the only place we could get reservations as we booked last minute. Someone must have cancelled which have us the last great time at this restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised! All four of us had great meals. The service was excellent. I give this high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous location + restaurantNYSueDined on 2/9/2014Having been to many Ritz/Shangri-la/Four Seasons, etc. for dining and business meetings across the globe, I can truthfully commend this RITZ in Fort Lauderdale for being an outstanding property!! The location (right across the street from the ocean) is fabulous, views are gorgeous (though go early to catch the light) and service was impeccable. Interior was not stuffy like most Ritz, but very elegant, classy and fresh. All dishes were delicious, inventive, beautiful and at a world-class cuisine standard, enough to qualify on any diner's guide, with Michelin stars, San Pellegrino list, etc. Would definitely go back any time - had a wonderful evening, enjoyed the dining experience and the quiet and private (yet still vibrant) ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2014Food was good but not exceptional. We were surprised to be given a complementary shrimp cocktail due to our entrees taking a long time. Our main server was inattentive. He took our order but did not offer to tell us about any specials which we later heard another waiter describing. He was absent when he should have been checking. On the other hand, the server who brought our food was excellent. He took the time to tell us about the dishes and explained about the shrimp. The bus person was also excellent. Pricey so I would think twice about going again, though I did notice the other two servers in our area were much better trained than ours.
- Variety of wonderful menu choicesOntarioKimDined on 2/1/2014We tried the octopus appetizer which I highly recommend especially if you haven't tried octopus before. The short rib pasta was perfect and the butternut squash pasta was superb. The chocolate souffle we shared and it was a must try item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST on Ft LauderdaleDwprVIPDined on 1/21/2014The BEST on Ft Lauderdale beach, with great outdoor seating/views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonlit romantic choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner at Via Luna in the Ritz Carlton directly on the ocean in Fort Lauderdale. The service is incomparable & the dining area is beautiful. I highly recommend Via Luna.Special Features:
- Wonderful food; no extraordinaryRefinedGentlemanVIPDined on 1/11/2014Drinks are expensive -- $15 for vodka on the rocks -- but the blackened grouper was the best fish dish I have ever eaten. The waiter was excellent; and you can dine outdoors looking at the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions are way too small!gerryVIPDined on 12/30/2013We have been going to Via Luna for the past 4 years...and have always loved the food, the wait staff and the elegant setting. We were there 2 times over the holidays...the big change is the ridiculously small portions for salads and pasta mains. This was the not the case over the spring/fall. Quite frankly, it's become a joke with my wife and me. WE will not go back unless they fix this. Guys...pasta costs you 10-15 cents a serving...get with it...or you will kill the golden goose...your paying clients. Remember...we do have options as consumers. The food tastes great...but one does feel cheated!.Special Features:
- Great improvements!!JasonDined on 12/9/2013I have had lunch here several times and have noticed a GREAT improvement in the service and attention to details. I requested a paper Wall Street that they seemed to be out off and the Manager (chad) went next door to CVS to purchese one just for me! Now thats what I call service... Food is great and very fresh will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to Ritz standardschuckmac07VIPDined on 11/18/2013mediocre food, service & setting. great ocean view but not even close to other Ritz dining rooms. for the $, plenty of other near y choices.Special Features:
- Thank you Marita!!HaroldVIPDined on 11/12/2013We chose this location for a business dinner. We had the pleasure of having Marita take care of us. Her recommendations were perfect and her service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ritz has lost its Glitz!RGinTallyVIPDined on 10/23/2013A nice facility with good food. The servers were well trained but under staffed and although they hustled the service was quite slow. Outside dinning with a beach view is available but be aware that there may be a lot of traffic noise from passing cars. Since becoming part of Marriott family the Ritz seems to have lost its Glitz. It appears to be toning down its elegant image and trending more to a family oriented chain. Too bad, there are many family restaurants but few restaurants as elegant as the Ritz once was.
- Ritz DiningRodneyVIPDined on 10/20/2013The ambiance is very nice however the chairs situated on the marble portion of the floor are uncomfortable. Furthermore there should be table cloths considering how expensive the restaurant is. The place mats are fine perhaps for breakfast or lunch but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Price and Mediocre CookingNYCFOODIEDined on 10/20/2013Over Priced! If you're a foodie, don't go. You will be disappointed. If you like BIG Portions, this is the place for you. The Caesar Salad was the one item which I would rate "Above Avg." The Roasted Chicken is cooked by an amature. I had better roasted chicken at Boston Market. Dear Executive Chef, please go try the roasted chicken at Apiary in NYC. For dessert, I had the "Coffee and Donut." The Coffee ice cream is very good; but not very innovative. The Donut is too dense. Everyone in my party agree that Dunkin Donut and Crispy Cream have better donut. The wine list is good, but expect to spend $50+/bot. Dear Sommelier, please check out NYC Gramercy Tavern's wine list. There's a good wine for every budget.Special Features:
- Thought the food needs improvementSharonDined on 10/16/2013Great idea for a nice dinner but there are so many better restaurants in this area.Special Features:
- Perfect Beach DinnerRitzDiningguruDined on 10/12/2013Fantastic food and the outside deck is the best place on the beach to have a great sunset dinnerSpecial Features:
- Gummy pastaHowardVIPDined on 9/27/2013Appetizers great as usual, and appreciate kitchen splitting them, as we shared appetizers. The pasta was undercooked..(love al dente, but this was about 2 minutes shy of that), likely caused since they brought out the wrong entree to us...so the fetuccine was gummy, and even worse, was missing salt in the water...so was pretty tasteless. Service great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.