Via Lago Trattoria
866 Eastlake Pkwy, Ste 210
Chula Vista, CA 91914Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Via Lago Trattoria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vialagotrattoria.com/
- Phone: (619) 216-8660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, FRiday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Josepeppi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have private wine room.
- Private Party Contact: Jan Montell 6198862099
- Entertainment: We have a piano player on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Via Lago Trattoria
Via Lago Trattoria offers fine dining Italian cuisine. We have a spacious dining room with a full bar and outdoor patio surrounded by a fountain. Our head chef is from Sicily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Via Lago Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Chula Vista ›
Via Lago Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Good timerandj99Dined on 11/7/2014Overall the restaurant is nicely decorated. The appetizers were good. When we first got there the place was a little bit busy not too much. We were having a great time until they started setting up for the music part of the evening. We did not know that there would be entertainment so it was a little hard to hold a conversation when the singer was performing. Next time definitely asking for a table outside. R.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian RestaurantEastlakeclassyladies2014Dined on 10/14/2014I loved the relaxed feel of this place – it was very comforting, food was delicious and I definitely would like to try other dishes. I had the Lobster Ravioli, and Tiramisu for dessert, it was amazing as well as the Pineapple up side down Martini, very good. Service was well-timed and friendly, food and spirits were affordable. They also had a performer that had entertained us with some tasteful music. Outstanding!!!!. I will return.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutJustSomeHighSchoolerDined on 9/26/2014Had a ton of fun here. live music and delicious food.what more can you ask forSpecial Features:
- Date NightLuckymom2Dined on 9/23/2014This place is a go to for a romantic dinner date. Food was good and they have tons of wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner and service were excellent yet again. The restaurant is nicely appointed and we were greeted warmly. It was my husband's birthday and he was brought out a complimentary Tiramisu for dessert. It was delicious.Special Features:
- A place worth going backetLyannaVIPDined on 8/25/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Chula Vista area. Great food, service and decor. Their Osso Bucco and Pescatore is a must try. Definitely a must go for foodies and will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian restaurantluv2luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014One iof the best Italian Restaurants in San Diego .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the saucesbdDhelDined on 8/2/2014First time there and had a great experience. They had great service: remembered our anniversary and request as noted on reservation. Food- had to try pink vodka sauce as we read from a review. Didn't disappoint! Great with the lobster ravioli. Soup and salad were great. Braised short rib app was awesome too. veal parm was delicious even though sides were not that impressive. Drink selections were great as well. Try Lago's strawberry martini. Also very appreciative of free dessert for anniversary. Tiramisu was fabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 153 reviews are from the Via Lago Trattoria reviews archive.
- outstanding servicelove2eatDined on 7/26/2014Good food with superb service. Highly recommended for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff and foodBobLVIPDined on 7/17/2014Happy hour in the patio is a winner as well as the live entertainment that they offer regularly. Dinners are great as well.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableDennisVIPDined on 7/9/2014Service was a little slow but as always the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food and servicert6200Dined on 7/1/2014Very classy with out being pretentious. Excellent menu and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediblericardoDined on 6/14/2014Every aspect was Incredible. From the Servers attention to the food preparation. The Lobster Ravioli was to die for. We are coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2014The food wasn´t really good.Is overprice for the quality of food Waiter wasn´t available when need him
- Italian FoodZioosRestaurantsDined on 5/25/2014This is one of two Italian restaurants in Chula Vista that can be depended upon to deliver great fair and excellent service. Highly recommended for ambiance and service and food that will be remembered and recommended to friends time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inaccurate menu on business websiteChris0zDined on 5/16/2014The online menu said they serve a double rack of lamb, which was the whole reason I went there. They DON'T. I was hungry at this point, so I had the veal Marsala. It wasn't properly pan seared, which left the veal having slimy texture. The Marsala sauce itself was greasy, and the put way too much too the plate. The tomato they served with it was covered in burnt thyme. The broccoli was OK, but drowned in the Marsala sauce. The mashed potatoes were lumpy.
- Off day?YumyumVIPDined on 5/9/2014Usually quite pleased but this noon visit was a letdown. Drink was all wrong from other times. Informed "no bartender" yet. The panini was a regular club sandwich, toasted on white bread. High point was excellent service by female waiter. She was a doll!Special Features:
- Great evening! Loved it!YumyumVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had our book discussion here and it was really perfect. The patio is perfect for lingering and we will all be returning.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsKenoDined on 4/25/2014Conveniently located, Good Food, Ok Service, Good Wine List, Good Ambiance. We will defenetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service, but…..JacksonDined on 4/16/2014The food is always great, but I've noticed that recently, portion sizes are smaller. Wine prices have increased, significantly. On Wednesdays, wine has always been at half price. Upon getting the bill, after ordering a $156 bottle of wine (formerly $130), we found out that wines below $50 are reduced 50%, and those above $50 are reduced by only 30%. Combine that with the increase in prices, and the half price Wednesday wine deal has almost evaporated. The restaurant set a precedent, stick with it or at the very least, be up front about the changes. For extremely special occasions, what used to be a $230 bottle of wine is now $260, and with the Wednesday discount, the price has jumped from $115 to $182 - a significant difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expectedVisitor619Dined on 3/27/2014We went to Via Lago Restaurant for a Work Dinner, everyone was expecting to go and have Dinner in here, but we were not so happy with the prices, and the food, the service was good but the rest, we definitely agree not to come back. Maybe we were expecting to much before going we check the prices, I though it will be a great food, but not really, taste was okay nothing unusual, wines were very high in price, we reserve via Open table, but reservation did not was even in their list, there were not too many people and we were sit after 15 min of waiting
- Great restaurant in EastlakeTavoDined on 3/2/2014We always enjoy visiting Via Lago in Eastlake. The restaurant is nice, food is delicious, service is great, and overall, a great place to have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardGiadaFanDined on 2/8/2014I've been to this place numerous times during lunch. This evening, the service was very poor, understaffed. The hostess was aloof. We waited along time for staff to take, then bring drinks. Two tables sat after us recd their bread before us. The table next to us had to hail down a staff member to ask when their order would be taken after sitting along time. Waiter took our bread and bread plates away before we received our main course. In summary, they need to hire more staff and train them on customer service and awareness. The food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personality counts!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2014Stafano, our waiter, was wonderful. Friendly, accommodating and enjoyable. It made the whole meal experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintSeaBassLoverDined on 1/2/2014Sea bass was one of the best I've ever had. The pasta is definitely al dente(to be expected tho). Ambiance is eclectic with a small winery inside for viewing and decorations that required such attention to detail and imagination. Recommend for families and date nights out as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and that's itKippVIPDined on 12/21/2013Service was something that I would get at a Denny's or IHOP, salads came out before the appetizer. Martinis where room temp. Several times had to ask for water. Service was very slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good live music and just theDonHoelDined on 12/6/2013Good live music and just the right light level. The piano and singer were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut aboveBobLVIPDined on 12/4/2013Always provides a nice evening of dining and the patio is a relaxing spot for warm weather enjoymentSpecial Features:
- DelightfulKBPBDined on 11/23/2013Visited Via Lago on Saturday, there was four of us. The food was delicious and the service, as always, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemCarlyVIPDined on 11/5/2013Via Lago Trattoria has great menu selections and I ordered the chopped chicken salad with balsamic dressing and white chocolate cheesecake for dessert both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay foodDaniDined on 9/20/2013The food was just okay, definitely not traditional Italian! More Olive Garden, will not return back!Special Features:
- We went for restaurant week.JulieDined on 9/19/2013We went for restaurant week. Unfortunately, the only enjoyable part of the meal was the appetizer. My food was bland, and overall not great. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend based in food. The decor and service were nice, so maybe another menu option would make it a better experience.
- a little disappointingkinevoDined on 9/18/2013i don't know if it was because of restaurant week they didn't put out there best because it was so cheap, but the food was not the greatest. it wasn't bad however i've had and expected much better. we had reservations (yes i know restaurant week is busy) , but there were two open tables that could be seen at the waiting area. we were waiting for 12minutes only to be seated at one of the same seats we were looking at.there was only one couple ahead of us. The food was "okay" at best, but what got me was there pork ossobuco, one of their signature dish, disappointing. The meat although tender, was not well seasoned and bland there, the sauce did not make up for it. i expect more for a "fine dining" restaurant. and better service.Special Features:
- Charming ItalianVanessaDined on 9/7/2013Saturday night, my fiance and I tried this restaurant for the first time. It was in a convenient location and more than we expected. The food was delicious, and the creme brulee was the best I'd ever had!! Quite, romantic, with good food and wine, we will certainly be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotsnoemannDined on 9/1/2013My wife and I have been here a few times and it has always been good. The food is outstanding the sevice is generally very good and the atmosphere is great for a date or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food! Superb Service!MimiGDined on 7/9/2013My family and I dined here for my Mother's birthday dinner. Our waiter and the owner were both very kind, friendly, helpful, and personable. Although we were a party of 6, we never had to ask for anything. Our waiter anticipated our needs and made sure all we had to do was ENJOY ourselves! The owner made several rounds throughout the restaurant, which was lively and energetic at the time, ensuring all of the patrons were having a great dining experience. Our waiter knew the menu very well and was able to give us detailed suggestions, as this was our first time. There was a very talented pianist/singer there to entertain us, which added to the festivities. My family and I will DEFINITELY be back. We LOVED our time at Via Lago Trattoria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner/service/happy hour!HofbraumamaDined on 6/28/2013First time patron, will definitely be going back! Had a small party of eight with two little kids, on the patio (we were there early enough as to not really disturb anyone's quiet dinner out :-D). Staff was great and very accomodating with the kids, and the mess they made with pasta (Sorry, Via Lago :-)) Service was great, as was the food. Happy Hour selections and prices were spot-on!! We will be going back next time, sans kids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for what you getmjr2uVIPDined on 6/16/2013The food was okay, but for the prices that they charge, it should be much better. They really need to rework their Rigatoni with sausage. We were expecting to get whole sausages served on top of Rigatoni pasta. Instead, they remove the sausage meat from the skin, so it's a mashed up mess of sausage on top of the pasta noodles. Very salty to boot. Avoid that dish. Others in our group had the pasta with zuccini, eggplant and sun dried tomatoes, and the chicken picata both which were very good. I would have like to have a steak, or a pork chop, but not at the prices that they are asking. Perhaps if they reduced their prices a bit, there would be more customers. We were there on Father's Day for lunch, and we were about the only ones there.
- Hidden gemGlendDined on 6/1/2013Tuck away in a quiet neighborhood, the food and service were great! Would recommend to friends for a wonderful meal and great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night dining out.goldgooseDined on 5/22/2013This was a special night out for us. Usually I have the same thing, my favorite, but tonight we both ordered from the daily special entrees. My date had the Halibut and I had the Lamb and both were excellent. The server was very good, as usual.Special Features: