VIA Italian Table
89 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
VIA Italian Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaitaliantable.com/
- Phone: 5087544842x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner 2:30pm - 8:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mark Hawley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: VIA features two private dining areas that can accommodate 12-16 or 25-40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Quillah Burstein 508-754-4842x
A word from VIA Italian Table
In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful three season patio at VIA so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen complete with brick oven bread, baked daily, hearty meats such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VIA Italian Table - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
VIA Italian Table reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (76)great for outdoor dining (63)notable wine list (62)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Confirmation DinnerAnneBDined on 10/26/2014A small group of us went after my son's confirmation at St Paul's in Worcester. The appetizers were fantastic. Salads were ok - couldn't taste any dressing - very bland. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. My Dad said it was one of the best dinners he ever had. I would definitely go to Via again.Special Features:
- Best of the 3!JennBorjDined on 10/24/2014We decided to dine at all 3 restaurants this month, we started with the One Eleven Chophouse one weekend and then the Sole Proprietor the next. Both were great - but the 3rd one was the charm. Via was outstanding! The food was just perfect, the service was great and the ambiance & atmosphere are perfect - thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- frercookDined on 10/24/2014always have had a great meal- good Italian cookingSpecial Features:
- Dinner meetingGmanDined on 10/22/2014We were seated right on time according to our reservation. A nice table with a view. Service was excellent at the table as well as at the bar before we sat down. Food was outstanding. Everyone was happy with their choices. Needed to discuss business so we appreciated the fact that the noise level was OK. A great overall experience. Everyone thanked me for my restaurant choice ;-) Can't forget to mention the valet parking. It was a rainy night so that was great too.Special Features:
- friends visiting4friendsDined on 10/21/2014EXCELLENT food and service. Brando was a most accommodating server. We could not have picked a better spot!!!Special Features:
- My OpinionSharleneDined on 10/20/2014I like the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff at Via. I've eaten here for a few years but am not always pleased with the food when I go now. I find it is not as good as it used to be.Special Features:
- Not worth a tripDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Very disappointed in our dinner. Caesar salad was a $4 upgrade, white not green lettuce with very little dressing. Chicken Piccata was a large oversized piece of chicken as the menu described which was a surprise as most dishes have medallions which should be flavorful but was not. We were not sure if it was cooked correctly. The Bolognese was mostly pasta with a very small amount of meat sauce which was completely different from any other version of the dish we have ordered. Could be the most profitable dinner on the menu for the owner. Not sure how they are rated #1 but we will not be returning or recommending.
- specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014VIA is a great place for special occasions. Good food, good service, a little priceySpecial Features:
- Beware of table locationBirthdaydinerDined on 10/17/2014Our first table was located right next to the kitchen, which is incredibly noisy. Since we were a party of six, rarely get together and were looking forward to good conversation, we were able to wait a half hour for a table in a quieter location. I'd recommend asking where you will be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!firsttimedinerDined on 10/17/2014First time dining here and the experience was wonderful! Waitress was amazing...so knowledgeable and helpful! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal / great timeCoachDined on 10/17/2014Great food, chefs will do whatever you want/ hold ingredients no problem. Great selections / variety. Small and large groups will ove it, everyone can get what they want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchDoctorBDined on 10/12/2014We had Sunday brunch. The food was plentiful and delicious. The pesto omelet was especially good. Very attentive without being cloying wait staff.Special Features:
- Nice food and servicerydercupDined on 10/11/2014Comfortable booths, excellent salad included with meal, accommodated allergies and changed sauces, excellent waiter. Very good, took us right on time. Little too loud and waiters and waitresses walked constantly behind our table.
- Porkfest!shrewsbury99Dined on 10/11/2014This special menu that Via has once a year is fabulous. A warm, inviting ambiance, superbly prepared food, excellent wait staff make this our go to place. Even on a busy Saturday night, wait staff chatted, our booth felt cozy and food arrived hot and in a timely fashion. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good placeDeeLDined on 10/8/2014We went for our 37th wedding anniversary, the food was good but we had a little bit of a hard time hearing the waiter due to noise. If you want a nice quiet atmosphere this is not recommended but if you don't care about that it was good because the food and service were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTable4twoDined on 10/5/2014First dining experience here and was pleased with the ambiance, wait staff and the food. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruined my birthdaygreatwhiteDined on 10/5/2014went to via because it was well recommended for wife's birthday. Brought along father in law who is old school Italian to make it special. he inquired if they had veal parm as it was not on menu. Waitress said they didn't have it on the menu but could make it special. 3 of the 4 of us order the Veal Parm, meal came out and the veal was so tough you couldn't cut it. chewing was like eating an old shoe. they obviously didn't prep it properly or maybe the real cook wasn't working on a Sunday afternoon. we brought it to waitress attention and was basically ignored wasted $100 If you can't prepare food properly then don't offer to make it.
- Great ItalianRecommendedDined on 10/4/2014This is an energetic environment with great food and a wide variety on the menu. It reminded me of the food I ate in Tuscany Service is friendly,professional,efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Our waitress Sammie was excellent! There were some food allergies and dietary restrictions that she helped navigate around. Great people skills and customer service!! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spaceFivetopDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant was beautiful, service was excellent, white wines by glass list was limited, good was actually not great. We were very excited to check the restaurant out, brought our college daughter there during parents weekend, and couldn't have been more disappointed in the food. Everything else was on point.Special Features:
- Great place in WorcesteryummyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing. The service was excellent. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a date night!Masblue71Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant was great, great service and great food. The wine list was wonderful as well. A great place for a date night!Special Features:
- superbMarshaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Just about everything I've ordered, over the years, at VIA is fantastic. And they're always adjusting and changing the menu--in the most delightful of ways. This past evening, I ordered their pork and beans. Sound like something Campbell would make? Wrong! This was one of the most superb, sublime dinners I've eaten anywhere. Huge portion of succulent and tender pork loin, amazing risotto with pork belly, large white beans, and leaves of Brussels sprouts. A great chianti. A great salad. Wonderful bread. And a scoop of salty caramel gelato for dessert. I'm in love with VIA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to go!CathyDined on 9/20/2014Via is a place worth driving an hour for. The wait staff is always personable and the food is always good. Everyone is always so accommodating!Special Features:
- Never disaapoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014VIA is always consistently excellent. The experience can often be skewed by the waitstaff - get a good pair of servers and your experience will be phenomenal. Our recent experience was just that with awesome food recommendations and perfect wine pairing suggestions. VIA should consider allowing diners to reserve specific servers - I would even pay a premium to be guaranteed top talent for my dining experience. Regardless, VIA is always solidly good and a wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Nice placeItaliangirl01Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had dinner here with another couple. We enjoyed our food very much, but our friends were a little disappointed. Two of us had the pork ragu special (both enjoyed it), one had the chicken parm (said the pasta with it was cold), and I had the veal scallopine (excellent, with mushroom risotto). The desserts were disappointing, though. Two of us had the apple cider pound cake--didn't taste any cider--and the gelato with it tasted like plain vanilla. We thought it was very noisy, and we were in the corner. However, as loud as it was, we didn't hear any of the conversations nearby.
- Too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We like quiet ambients.The food was good and so the service.Special Features:
- Good for family dinner or night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was good not great. Perhaps it was my dish. Very crowded by but tough for a table conversation at some points and tables are too close in some areas. Wished we could have sat outdoors. We will go again. Last time dinner in the bar was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free menu is fantasticGlutenFreeFoodie1Dined on 9/19/2014Hands down the best gluten free lunch you can buy! Many delicious options available. My first choice is Via Italian Table!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!DaveDined on 9/15/2014We went here to celebrate a special occasion and were not disappointed. The wait staff was awesome, they were very friendly, helpful in making selections and made it a special night. The food was delicious and we will be sure to go back!Special Features:
- Kski69VIPDined on 9/13/2014Went on Sat. night. The place was packed with a long wait for a table, so be sure to make a reservation in advance. And although the bar was full as well, we were able to grab a couple of stools and enjoy dinner there. In my opinion the food is the best Italian outside of Boston's North End. They also offer a very solid wine list with many affordable bargains. Especially in the Italian selection. I'd highly recommend Via for their food, wine and enjoyable atmosphere!Special Features:
- Good ItaliandinerDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time I dined at this restaurant. The restaurant and bar area are fairly loud, but not over-bearing. Food is excellent and the service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Great Italian in Wocesterj9jimDined on 9/13/2014Having dined there several times, it never disappoints. Excellent Italian restaurant on Shrewsbury St.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner at this trendy Italian restaurant. I would recommend this to anyone in the area. We are from CT and chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from a friend. Easy off and onto the highway.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Enjoy all of Rob Ahlquist's restaurants. It's great to have them in Worcester, a short drive from my Sutton home.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!kilovegudfudDined on 9/5/2014One of my favorites as well as my husband and friends! Great service, drinks and food. Always look forward to going back again and again.Special Features:
- Very Good, but....KevinOhioDined on 9/3/2014.... avoid the grilled calamari! They tasted like burned rubber bands. It may be the worst appetizer I have ever eaten. Plus the pitiful portion size would be inadequate for one person, let alone trying to share. Thankfully our server took it off the bill. The Braised Pork Shank & Polenta was as advertised and very good and very tender. We ate outside and were very comfortable.Special Features:
- Great Menu/Great Food!!FrogLegsVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to Via with a group of 6 on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend. It was pretty busy when we arrived for our 7pm reservation, but we were seated promptly. Our server was very attentive and the food was excellent. The 3 ladies in our group shared a salad, mussels and a pizza for dinner, while the 3 men's appetites were satiated by 2 appetizers, and 3 main courses. There was a great energy about the place and we will all be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great retaurantdebbylouDined on 8/31/2014A good restaurant for out of townees and people visiting the College of the Holy Cross. The out door is not scenic but quiet and comfortable. The food is excellent. The wine list is not extensive but fair. Good family restaurant. Good restaurant for business lunches and small parties. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Service was a bit too slow for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.