VIA Italian Table
89 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
VIA Italian Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaitaliantable.com/
- Phone: 5087544842
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: VIA features two private dining areas that can accommodate 12-16 or 25-40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Caitlyn 508-754-4842
A word from VIA Italian Table
In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful three season patio at VIA so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen complete with brick oven bread, baked daily, hearty meats such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VIA Italian Table - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
VIA Italian Table reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (76)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (67)notable wine list (60)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (33)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Restaurant was beautiful, service was excellent, white wines by glass list was limited, good was actually not great. We were very excited to check the restaurant out, brought our college daughter there during parents weekend, and couldn't have been more disappointed in the food. Everything else was on point.Special Features:
- Great place in WorcesteryummyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing. The service was excellent. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a date night!Masblue71Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant was great, great service and great food. The wine list was wonderful as well. A great place for a date night!Special Features:
- superbMarshaDined on 9/24/2014Just about everything I've ordered, over the years, at VIA is fantastic. And they're always adjusting and changing the menu--in the most delightful of ways. This past evening, I ordered their pork and beans. Sound like something Campbell would make? Wrong! This was one of the most superb, sublime dinners I've eaten anywhere. Huge portion of succulent and tender pork loin, amazing risotto with pork belly, large white beans, and leaves of Brussels sprouts. A great chianti. A great salad. Wonderful bread. And a scoop of salty caramel gelato for dessert. I'm in love with VIA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to go!CathyDined on 9/20/2014Via is a place worth driving an hour for. The wait staff is always personable and the food is always good. Everyone is always so accommodating!Special Features:
- Never disaapoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014VIA is always consistently excellent. The experience can often be skewed by the waitstaff - get a good pair of servers and your experience will be phenomenal. Our recent experience was just that with awesome food recommendations and perfect wine pairing suggestions. VIA should consider allowing diners to reserve specific servers - I would even pay a premium to be guaranteed top talent for my dining experience. Regardless, VIA is always solidly good and a wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Nice placeItaliangirl01Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had dinner here with another couple. We enjoyed our food very much, but our friends were a little disappointed. Two of us had the pork ragu special (both enjoyed it), one had the chicken parm (said the pasta with it was cold), and I had the veal scallopine (excellent, with mushroom risotto). The desserts were disappointing, though. Two of us had the apple cider pound cake--didn't taste any cider--and the gelato with it tasted like plain vanilla. We thought it was very noisy, and we were in the corner. However, as loud as it was, we didn't hear any of the conversations nearby.
- Too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We like quiet ambients.The food was good and so the service.Special Features:
- Good for family dinner or night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was good not great. Perhaps it was my dish. Very crowded by but tough for a table conversation at some points and tables are too close in some areas. Wished we could have sat outdoors. We will go again. Last time dinner in the bar was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free menu is fantasticGlutenFreeFoodie1Dined on 9/19/2014Hands down the best gluten free lunch you can buy! Many delicious options available. My first choice is Via Italian Table!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!DaveDined on 9/15/2014We went here to celebrate a special occasion and were not disappointed. The wait staff was awesome, they were very friendly, helpful in making selections and made it a special night. The food was delicious and we will be sure to go back!Special Features:
- Kski69VIPDined on 9/13/2014Went on Sat. night. The place was packed with a long wait for a table, so be sure to make a reservation in advance. And although the bar was full as well, we were able to grab a couple of stools and enjoy dinner there. In my opinion the food is the best Italian outside of Boston's North End. They also offer a very solid wine list with many affordable bargains. Especially in the Italian selection. I'd highly recommend Via for their food, wine and enjoyable atmosphere!Special Features:
- Good ItaliandinerDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time I dined at this restaurant. The restaurant and bar area are fairly loud, but not over-bearing. Food is excellent and the service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Great Italian in Wocesterj9jimDined on 9/13/2014Having dined there several times, it never disappoints. Excellent Italian restaurant on Shrewsbury St.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner at this trendy Italian restaurant. I would recommend this to anyone in the area. We are from CT and chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from a friend. Easy off and onto the highway.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Enjoy all of Rob Ahlquist's restaurants. It's great to have them in Worcester, a short drive from my Sutton home.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!kilovegudfudDined on 9/5/2014One of my favorites as well as my husband and friends! Great service, drinks and food. Always look forward to going back again and again.Special Features:
- Very Good, but....KevinOhioDined on 9/3/2014.... avoid the grilled calamari! They tasted like burned rubber bands. It may be the worst appetizer I have ever eaten. Plus the pitiful portion size would be inadequate for one person, let alone trying to share. Thankfully our server took it off the bill. The Braised Pork Shank & Polenta was as advertised and very good and very tender. We ate outside and were very comfortable.Special Features:
- Great Menu/Great Food!!FrogLegsVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to Via with a group of 6 on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend. It was pretty busy when we arrived for our 7pm reservation, but we were seated promptly. Our server was very attentive and the food was excellent. The 3 ladies in our group shared a salad, mussels and a pizza for dinner, while the 3 men's appetites were satiated by 2 appetizers, and 3 main courses. There was a great energy about the place and we will all be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great retaurantdebbylouDined on 8/31/2014A good restaurant for out of townees and people visiting the College of the Holy Cross. The out door is not scenic but quiet and comfortable. The food is excellent. The wine list is not extensive but fair. Good family restaurant. Good restaurant for business lunches and small parties. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Service was a bit too slow for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with FriendsLovesItalianFoodDined on 8/30/2014We went for an evening dinner with a friend. We were seated outside, at our request. The service was prompt but we were never made to feel rushed. The food was great. Portions were a good size but not overwhelming. Dessert, as usual, was delicious. We will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good (not great)CantonFoodieDined on 8/30/2014A large venue with a lot of activity. Nice open kitchen. Food was O.K. but not outstanding. In our party of 6 everyone enjoyed their meal but no one raved about it. Reasonably priced and a good selection. Service was adequate ad pleasant but with a few slips. Water glasses were never refilled and a long pause between ordering dessert and receiving it.Special Features:
- Fabulous Foodjoely339Dined on 8/26/2014Very generous portions - Antipasto to Share served 7!!! Calamari was cooked perfectly. Veal dishes are outstanding - homemade pasta is a must have - all deserts we had were amazing. Favorite is the 15 layer crepe cake. Have been several times and plan on going back again and again.Special Features:
- AnnseyVIPDined on 8/25/2014always great - as are their other restaurants, 111 next door & the soleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very good.dalejrblondeDined on 8/24/2014The waitress, her name was Brittany, was very good. The noise level was too loud and we couldn't here each other at our table. The food was fair and everyone at the table (6 people) didn't like their food all that much and portions were very small.Special Features:
- sunflowerLindaDined on 8/23/2014Went to Via Italian a year ago and the food was great, not this time. I could of got a better meal at Carrabba's or cooking it myself. I got the Ragu of Meats and I would say they are going for quantity not quality ( I threw out the take home just couldn't bring myself to eat it again). The dish simply had no taste at all. It's a shame because the service was great and I love the ambience.Special Features:
- Via is excellent!DB1969Dined on 8/23/2014The food at VIA is remarkable and the ambiance is second to none in my opinion. I had the braised short ribs and my girlfriend had the filet mignon. Both were exceptional! I'd also try the raspberry mojito as well. You simply can't go wrong at VIA. It's my favorite restaurant in Worcester, which includes their sister establishments 111 Chophouse and the Sole.Special Features:
- Just great foodjpl67Dined on 8/23/2014Our first time visiting VIA, while not the traditional Italian restaurant the menu was varied and the food was extremely good!!Special Features:
- Good place for special occassionsNorthEndVisitorDined on 8/17/2014Went there on a Sunday evening. Was quiet, and got great service. They have a good selection of wines, and the food was savory, delicious. Great place for families on special occassions.Special Features:
- It should be a good placeYCENDined on 8/17/2014It's a decent place to dine out especially with someone you care and love.Special Features:
- Great ServiceAugustBirthdayGirlsDined on 8/17/2014Went to lunch with a friend to celebrate both our birthdays. Our server saw our gift and asked if it was our birthdays and of course we said yes. My sirloin steak dish with spinach and potatoes was excellent. My friend had the chicken and kale salad. She said the chicken was dry. Other than that everything was great. Love the Flirtini drink, so yummy. We stayed for a couple of hours chatting it up and before the bill came our server brought us both a plate with happy birthday written on both plates with a berry sauce and a scoop of ice cream. We that that was so nice of her. I wish I could remember our servers name but in any case she was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner with 3 CouplesFoodiz4LifeDined on 8/16/2014The free valet service was ready to go when we arrived and we were in the restaurant in seconds. The hostess accommodated our arrival request for outdoor seating without any issue (so tired of service providers rolling their eyes or sighing when you request something "extra" . We were provided a great spot outside and had plenty of room, unlike outdoor seating at many other places. The food was great and arrived all together and piping hot - both keys to great service. The dinner was part business and part social and we were able to talk comfortably without raising our voices. All in all, this one exceeded expectations. we'll all be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaklynDined on 8/16/2014Great atmosphere and a good menu. Food and Service are both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Great Food and Service.SheldonZDined on 8/16/2014We’ve dined at Via several times, lunch and dinner. This was a special occasion dinner for us, and it was a smash hit. The food was interesting and very well prepared (you don't see Roasted Suckling Pig - which was delicious - on many menus). Our party of six enjoyed every dish we had - Scallops Caponata, Seafood Marinara, Braised Short Ribs and more. Not your typical Italian restaurant fare. Service was outstanding - well timed, attentive and friendly. Ambiance was cheerful. The Espresso Brownie Sundae is one of the best desserts we've had anywhere. This visit was outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerWidowDined on 8/16/2014Great restaurant for really good Italian food. Excellent service rounds out a meal here.Special Features:
- Average mealChazDined on 8/15/2014Nothing at all stood out over the course of this meal, overly dense bread to start, overly greasy arinchini, a dry boring salad and a decent bologenese
- Underwhelming flavorsfoodaciousDined on 8/14/2014The atmosphere and decor were great, however the food was lacking flavor. Not a fan of the Tiramisu, wasn't sweet, very dense & dry. Definately not a Foodie place and WAY to expensive for what is delivered.Special Features:
- Great Find in WorcesterKellyDined on 8/14/2014My dining companion and I were celebrating a milestone birthday and Via fit the bill perfectly. The atmosphere and cuisine were perfect for a special occasion. The service was good (but not great) and the whole experience was very pleasant. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious VIA experience!PattyPVIPDined on 8/12/2014We just discovered VIA, which features very fresh, well-prepared Italian food. We had the meat and cheeses platter which was very good. The Buratta/tomato salad was also delicious, though the tomatoes could have been a little more ripe. pasta was prepared al dente, the bruschetta was a delight, and the trout with fregole was outstanding. The gelati/sorbetto selection is very tasty. We sat outside on a perfect evening. The valet parkers are also speedy, friendly and gracious. We went back a second time a week later, and everything again was great, though the pasta with vodka sauce was very different from the first time we had it. Salmon entree was great, and the papardelle with Bolognese sauce was outstanding. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.