VIA Italian Table
89 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
VIA Italian Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaitaliantable.com/
- Phone: (508) 754-4842
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner 2:30pm - 8:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mark Hawley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: VIA features two private dining areas that can accommodate 12-16 or 25-40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Quillah Burstein 508-754-4842x
A word from VIA Italian Table
In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful three season patio at VIA so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen complete with brick oven bread, baked daily, hearty meats such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VIA Italian Table - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
VIA Italian Table reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (94)good for groups (94)notable wine list (72)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (50)hot spot (43)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/25/2014We travel through Worcester every few months and this is our favorite restaurant to stop for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIA is the place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Excellent food, delivered by capable and attending staff, in a warm and vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brunch menu is great.poochparentsDined on 11/23/2014Our foursome has been there for brunch several times and we keep going back. Selection off the menu is excellent. We all love Via.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!AnnaleeVIPDined on 11/22/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we both really enjoyed it. My husband and I were seated at a nice booth for two tucked away in the corner. We were pleasantly surprised to get free appetizers since we had tickets to the Hanover Theater. The gluten free menu was extensive and I felt like I had a lot to pick from. The service was perfect and the pacing of the meal was spot on. We had told our waitress that we needed to leave by 7:30. We even had time to leisurely enjoy dessert! All the food was delicious and reasonably priced! Definitely looking forward to going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodieDined on 11/22/2014Way too noisy. Our table should have been left as floor space. It was right by the kitchen and the waitstaff brushed by us constantly. Plus the food wasn't great.
- Via Birthday CelebrationSue52Dined on 11/19/2014My friend chose Via for her birthday dinner celebration. It is quickly becoming our go to place for dining celebrations. The ambiance is great, the service is always fantastic and the food is delicious. We especially like the menu selections. The noise level is quiet enough to have a conversation. We had a wonderful, fun evening together with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating with the familyPattyPVIPDined on 11/16/2014We brought our family to VIA to celebrate several birthdays and had a wonderful meal. The wait staff was attentive but not too in-your-face and the food was incredible. This night we had pork shank, suckling pig, the big meatball pasta dish and scallops - all prepared perfectly. One thing was tastier than the next. The appetizers we chose were grilled squid, mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and then sauteed, and a cheese plate. The grilled Cesar salad was delightful. VIA has a wonderful wine list, especially for wines by the glass! The desserts were just as scrumptious - a 12-layer crepe cake, a pumpkin cheese cake and cannolis. We will come back, even if we aren't celebrating birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the park.juliekDined on 11/15/2014Our food, service, and reserved table were all amazing. I would certainly look forward to coming here again. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMattsmomDined on 11/11/2014Being married to a man who cooks great quality, healthy, fresh and delicious food has me with little desire to eat out very often - exception for me is VIA. I love it and anyone who knows me will only get me gift cards from Worcester Restaurant Group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great range of menu optionsPnicDined on 11/9/2014Went with a group of 5. Ordered the meat and cheese antipasto as well as the salad antipasto (which we did not realize was an actual salad with shredded chicken). Great wine list especially if you like some Italian classics - Tignanello for under $120 - wow! We did not realize that salad was also included in the dinner orders. Brought 2/3 of our entrees home and have enjoyed them for two more dinners. Great spot, great food in a vibrant dining destination in Worcester. Would go back again without hesitation but this time I would leave room for the gelato sampler.Special Features:
- Food was good but lacked in serviceRealproDined on 11/9/2014The food was good and prepared well. We had the filet which was excellent and cooked to perfection. The haddock dish was delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. The service was not really up to par for a restaurant of this caliber and my martini was only half full by the time it reached the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The kitchen noiseHappyCustomerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Food and table service was good. We were close to the kitchen. Frequently there were jelling difficult to understand. It sounded like cursing. Definitely not italian. If I go back I 'll make sure not to get sat close to the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ddawgDined on 11/9/2014The good was delicious and there was excellent varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Very good food, good portion size, nice appetizers and saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!JuneauJoeDined on 11/8/2014I make it a point to dine here whenever I am in town (2-3 times/year) and the fare, service, and ambiance have been top shelf each and every time. You will not be disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing anniversaryyoboDined on 11/6/2014This is my second anniversary I've spent at via and both times I've never been let down. It's not just the food that's great, it's the staff. They are great. Polite and extremely accommodating! I love the atmosphere. They are pricey but it's worth it. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/4/2014We had a wonderful dinner and great service and will certainly return soon. The food was very tasty!Special Features:
- GreatmonicaDined on 11/1/2014We have been to the Via many times but this is the first time we brought our grandchildren. Everybody loved the food and the service was impeccable. Whe we told our bus boy that we had tickets for a show at the Hanover he sped up our dessert order and even took the kids to show them how the ice cream was being scooped into the tiny cones. It was wonderful as usual.Special Features:
- JenniferDined on 11/1/2014Very vibrant restaurant! The waitstaff was spot on. The food was delicious. I appreciated their be aware of our party's dietary restrictions that were noted in Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confirmation DinnerAnneBDined on 10/26/2014A small group of us went after my son's confirmation at St Paul's in Worcester. The appetizers were fantastic. Salads were ok - couldn't taste any dressing - very bland. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. My Dad said it was one of the best dinners he ever had. I would definitely go to Via again.Special Features:
- Best of the 3!JennBorjDined on 10/24/2014We decided to dine at all 3 restaurants this month, we started with the One Eleven Chophouse one weekend and then the Sole Proprietor the next. Both were great - but the 3rd one was the charm. Via was outstanding! The food was just perfect, the service was great and the ambiance & atmosphere are perfect - thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- frercookDined on 10/24/2014always have had a great meal- good Italian cookingSpecial Features:
- Dinner meetingGmanDined on 10/22/2014We were seated right on time according to our reservation. A nice table with a view. Service was excellent at the table as well as at the bar before we sat down. Food was outstanding. Everyone was happy with their choices. Needed to discuss business so we appreciated the fact that the noise level was OK. A great overall experience. Everyone thanked me for my restaurant choice ;-) Can't forget to mention the valet parking. It was a rainy night so that was great too.Special Features:
- friends visiting4friendsDined on 10/21/2014EXCELLENT food and service. Brando was a most accommodating server. We could not have picked a better spot!!!Special Features:
- My OpinionSharleneDined on 10/20/2014I like the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff at Via. I've eaten here for a few years but am not always pleased with the food when I go now. I find it is not as good as it used to be.Special Features:
- Not worth a tripDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Very disappointed in our dinner. Caesar salad was a $4 upgrade, white not green lettuce with very little dressing. Chicken Piccata was a large oversized piece of chicken as the menu described which was a surprise as most dishes have medallions which should be flavorful but was not. We were not sure if it was cooked correctly. The Bolognese was mostly pasta with a very small amount of meat sauce which was completely different from any other version of the dish we have ordered. Could be the most profitable dinner on the menu for the owner. Not sure how they are rated #1 but we will not be returning or recommending.
- specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014VIA is a great place for special occasions. Good food, good service, a little priceySpecial Features:
- Beware of table locationBirthdaydinerDined on 10/17/2014Our first table was located right next to the kitchen, which is incredibly noisy. Since we were a party of six, rarely get together and were looking forward to good conversation, we were able to wait a half hour for a table in a quieter location. I'd recommend asking where you will be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!firsttimedinerDined on 10/17/2014First time dining here and the experience was wonderful! Waitress was amazing...so knowledgeable and helpful! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal / great timeCoachDined on 10/17/2014Great food, chefs will do whatever you want/ hold ingredients no problem. Great selections / variety. Small and large groups will ove it, everyone can get what they want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchDoctorBDined on 10/12/2014We had Sunday brunch. The food was plentiful and delicious. The pesto omelet was especially good. Very attentive without being cloying wait staff.Special Features:
- Nice food and servicerydercupDined on 10/11/2014Comfortable booths, excellent salad included with meal, accommodated allergies and changed sauces, excellent waiter. Very good, took us right on time. Little too loud and waiters and waitresses walked constantly behind our table.
- Porkfest!shrewsbury99Dined on 10/11/2014This special menu that Via has once a year is fabulous. A warm, inviting ambiance, superbly prepared food, excellent wait staff make this our go to place. Even on a busy Saturday night, wait staff chatted, our booth felt cozy and food arrived hot and in a timely fashion. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best Salad, freshest ingredientsfreshfoodieDined on 10/9/2014We were cheerfully greeted by the valet and the hosts. We had a reservation so we were seated promptly. We had two very efficient, friendly servers. My wife had the filet mignon, which was preceded by the most delicious salad she said she has ever had! I had the Shrimp Scampi which was outstanding! The portion size of the Shrimp Scampi was a bit small but the meal was absolutely delicious. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her Filet mignon which was cooked perfectly to her request. We will definitely be returning to Via!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeDeeLDined on 10/8/2014We went for our 37th wedding anniversary, the food was good but we had a little bit of a hard time hearing the waiter due to noise. If you want a nice quiet atmosphere this is not recommended but if you don't care about that it was good because the food and service were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTable4twoDined on 10/5/2014First dining experience here and was pleased with the ambiance, wait staff and the food. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruined my birthdaygreatwhiteDined on 10/5/2014went to via because it was well recommended for wife's birthday. Brought along father in law who is old school Italian to make it special. he inquired if they had veal parm as it was not on menu. Waitress said they didn't have it on the menu but could make it special. 3 of the 4 of us order the Veal Parm, meal came out and the veal was so tough you couldn't cut it. chewing was like eating an old shoe. they obviously didn't prep it properly or maybe the real cook wasn't working on a Sunday afternoon. we brought it to waitress attention and was basically ignored wasted $100 If you can't prepare food properly then don't offer to make it.
- Great ItalianRecommendedDined on 10/4/2014This is an energetic environment with great food and a wide variety on the menu. It reminded me of the food I ate in Tuscany Service is friendly,professional,efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Our waitress Sammie was excellent! There were some food allergies and dietary restrictions that she helped navigate around. Great people skills and customer service!! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spaceFivetopDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant was beautiful, service was excellent, white wines by glass list was limited, good was actually not great. We were very excited to check the restaurant out, brought our college daughter there during parents weekend, and couldn't have been more disappointed in the food. Everything else was on point.Special Features: