VIA Italian Table
89 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
VIA Italian Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaitaliantable.com/
- Phone: 5087544842
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: VIA features two private dining areas that can accommodate 12-16 or 25-40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Caitlyn 508-754-4842
A word from VIA Italian Table
In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful three season patio at VIA so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen complete with brick oven bread, baked daily, hearty meats such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VIA Italian Table - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
VIA Italian Table reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (76)fit for foodies (66)notable wine list (58)romantic (56)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (24)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great restaurantlin23Dined on 5/3/2014I took a date to this restaurant. It was his first time there. We both had a wonderful experience. The food and atmosphere was perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- High prices for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014The food was just ok...felt for what I was paying I should have gotten better quality italian food.
- RedSox04Dined on 4/30/2014Good food, good service, always , never had a bad time hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressivepsydocDined on 4/30/2014Had a gift card, so took some visiting relatives to have dinner. Service was inconsistent. Food was bland, including the suckling pig, ragu of meats and chicken parm, but portions were huge It was decent and clean and the servers were pleasant, when they came to the table, but had to be flagged down. The decor is nice, but it was cold with a strong draft from an overhead vent, not comfortable on that stormy, rainy day. We didn't stay for dessert. Once ate at the bar, terribly salty risotto was taken away and replaced by the bartender. Prices are much better at the bar. Last year enjoyed a private function at VIA, so I thought it would be good for my relatives, but I was not impressed this time.
- Pay to Valet !FessDined on 4/26/2014I have no issue to spend $500.0+0 on a meal with friends............but was perplexed that I had to pay $3.00 to value my car. Either Via has such a policy,,,,,,,,,,or somebody is pocketing money. Hmmmm All meals were good and to our expectations.........but the lobster with the surf and turf was dry and sticking to the shell.Special Features:
- goodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Food was great. Our waiter, Casey, was awesome. Didn't feel rushed at all. A wonderful night out with friends.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPickyperson96Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent service an food.special treat given to birthday guest.Everyone had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerPasquaBDined on 4/20/2014Went there for our Easter Dinner, just my wife and myself. Service was excellent, food great and portions huge. Would definitely go back. The Chopped Italian Antipasto for two could have fed four. It was excellent. My wife had Lobster Risotto and there was plenty of lobster. I had the Papperdelle Bolognese and it was fantastic. Tool 1/3 home is was such a large portion. Would positively recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes excellent food and great service. However, it's not cheap!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent but LoudNboroGirlDined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent and served hot. Portions were large (too large - all 7 of us got doggie bags). The house salad was just ok - everyone commented that there wasn't much flavor to the dressing. The wine list was more than adequate, but a bit pricey. The service was also excellent. The area we were seated in, overlooking the kitchen, was a bit and boisterous. It may have been due to the kitchen, as I don't recall it being loud like that other times we've dined there and sat in other locations. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- Put this on your list for diningMarcojbDined on 4/18/2014If you enjoy Italian food that has the real taste of Italy this is the place to go. To start they have a very exstensive wine list and although the wine list is larger than the food list, don't let that fool you with authentic Italian food from entrees to desserts. Reasonably priced, very good food but a bit noisy but a place to go.Special Features:
- More than just ItalianchefozDined on 4/18/2014Our group of 4 arrived on time for our 6:00 p.m. reservation and were seated promptly. It was a Friday in lent and the menu offered a number of seafood options (for those of us required to abstain from meat). Beer and wine selection was very good. Service was good, but could have have been better. Servers seemed to disappear at times. The 4 of us split two appetizers and the servings were more than adequate. Our main courses were grilled salmon, scallops caponata, braised pork shank, and chicken piccata. All were very good. Dessert and coffee menu were excellent and we split two desserts. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014Have been here a few times before. Always great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Via always delivers. The food is superb and the small details are always carefully remembered. One of the gems in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fine. My onlyBillDined on 4/5/2014Everything was fine. My only complaint, as well as my fellow diners was we felt rushed through our dinner.Special Features:
- Great Place-Consistently Delicious!kilovegudfudDined on 4/5/2014We love coming here and often for special occasions. Sometimes with groups and sometimes alone. Food is always excellent and the drinks are great along with the wine list selection. I am still dreaming about the trout I had and wishing I had more of that meal. Our server was great and helpful. The atmosphere is very nice. Even in the city right on the main street you don't even think about it. The outdoor seating is a wonderful addition and even on a cool night it's great with the heat lamps. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at VIASeniorDined on 4/4/2014A friend and I had lunch recently at VIA, one of Worcester's most attractive and reliable restaurant. As usual, the place was busy, but we were seated promptly in a booth, as requested. Our meals and the service were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at VIAitsalldownhillDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I went here for the first time in 6 years... and wondered why we waited this long. The service was OUTSTANDING. Our servers were Ashley and I believe Kara. Both were professional, attentive, and perfectly paced the meal. We had appetizers, salads, the entree, and dessert. We never felt rushed and never waited for anything. I can't say enough about this service. Our reservation was honored immediately upon walking in on a busy Saturday night. Both my wife and I cleared nearly every plate, which is unusual for both of us. Between all that food and we both drank alcohol the bill was just under $96. I didn't mind paying a cent, it was a fantastic meal at a solid value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Everything was awesome, Via is always the best for any special occasion or night out. My favorite restaurant in Worcester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate with family!hockeymomDined on 3/28/2014We found the atmosphere a great place to celebrate a birthday! the food is always good. We especially like the appetizers! The fresh mozzarella is a great consistency. never rubbery. The tomatoes were fresh which is difficult this time of year. The service was fantastic. Our team of waiters made sure we had everything we needed. They checked on us frequently and made a recommendation that was spot on when one of us could not make up our mind between 2 entrees. I loved the semi circular booths. They made visiting and chatting with everyone at the table fun! No one is left out of the conversation! BTW, the amaretto cheese cake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went to viabethDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I went to via for our anniversary. We have never been and wanted Italian with a romantic setting. We went at 6 it was pretty packed but I didn't see any children. Possibly because it's on the higher end side. Let's face it, kids don't appreciate good food so why spend the money. I myself didn't find it over priced. Not a place I can afford to go to every week but for a special occasion,. Service, food, ambiance was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like is I ordered a cesar salad and it cane as a head and I had to cut my own salad. But it was delicious. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingmimiDined on 3/26/2014Service was excellent and the food was even better. We all had such a nice time. We tried 3 appetizers that were so delicious.Each of our meals were perfectly prepared. We could not have chosen a better restaurant. Thank you. My daughter's birthday dinner was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place to DineCharlotte7753VIPDined on 3/26/2014Wonderful meal yet again! Reliable tasty food, excellent wine list. Was there on a week night, noise level very conducive to conversation without having the battle a lot of room noise.Special Features:
- disapointeddisapointedDined on 3/25/2014We sat in the coldest part of the restaurant had dinner with my coat on. Server suggested the corkscrew pasta which was mushy. Asked for butter with my bread but the server was too busy talking to a waitress to bring it. I got it after the meal came. My husband got shrimp scampi the shrimp were all translucent not red and white like the shrimp cocktail ones. I don't think the server took time to even stir the dressing on the salad as it was all oil. Our server never came over till we were almost done to see how our meal was, and by then I was to angry too say anything. I only heard good things about the restaurant and was excited to go but a very disappointing ending.
- Italian food the way it should be.FineFoodManifestoDined on 3/23/2014Worcester -for me- was dimly lit until this very night when I stepped through the doors of VIA and felt as if I were stepping into one of the fine dining establishments of Boston on a cold winter night. My date and I were promptly seated and introduced to the menu by our lovely server. The menu has your ordinary Italian fare. No fusion. No gimmicks, just real Italian fare. Not regional but general. I had the Ragu of Italian Meats. My date had the Eggplant Parmesan. Her plate was typical for Eggplant - which is a good thing in my book. But my plate was a 10. Al dente penne, the sausages cooked perfectly, the roasted pork was perfect, the chicken: juicy, and the meatballs... THE MEATBALLS! Those are meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show dinnerhahnundhuhnDined on 3/23/2014Went here before going to the Theater and received a discount...yay! Food was good, but the servers had not quite made the transition from lunch to dinner and we had to ask for cloth napkins instead of the paper ones. The seating by the windows had the air vents blowing right down on us and we had to ask to be moved to another table in the same section. That finally worked pretty well. Once we were settled, the servers were pleasant and helpful and made our visit very pleasant overall. Would still recommend Via to others.Special Features:
- love it- againlisamDined on 3/22/2014going back to Via is always a great experience- we are never disappointed! A true gem in Worcester-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time was a charmrudyDined on 3/22/2014We took our son and daughter-in-law there on a sat night. It was their 1st time there and they loved it. They loved the calamari as an appetizer and the meals were cooked to perfection. We shared the mini gelato cones. It was fun to try different flavors. It made a wonderful desert. It was a little loud, but we went on a very busy night so I guess it's to be expected. We all loved it. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyable dinner withlbo5Dined on 3/21/2014very enjoyable dinner with friends. Didn't feel rushed and could enjoy the entire evening dining and visiting. We also celebrated a birthday.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMeritDined on 3/19/2014I was very impressed with the menu and the atmosphere of the restaurant. It did become a little noisy at lunch time, but it did not slow down service at all. Our server was great. Friendly personality while also on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014My Husband And I Choose Via To Celebrate His Birthday This Year. We Made Reservation Online AndIt Was Easy To Do And We Were Seated Immediately. Service Was Excellent And We Were Impressed With The Menu. The Wine List Was Extensive. We Both EnjoyedOur Meal And Had A Lovely Evening. We Will Definitely Dine At Via Again For A Romantic Night Out And Or Special Occasion.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We had an excellent meal and good wine. The wait staff created a wonderful birthday dessert for me!Special Features:
- Great time at Via!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014I have been to Via on several occasions, and each time the food, service, and atmosphere have always been terrific. My most recent visit on 3/15 was just as good. I will be back!Special Features:
- CommentEattoomuchVIPDined on 3/15/2014Always good food, but limited menu with no specials. Sometimes frustrating to wait for a while despite having a reservation through open table. This time we were first seated in the outdoor area which was cold. Ultimately, we were reseatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eats and seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/15/2014I ordered the chicken piccata expecting the usual prep of pounded, thin scallops of chicken breast in a somewhat tangy sauce of butter, lemon and capers. The chicken arrived as a thick breast of overcooked, rubbery chicken on a bed of pasta in a lemon flavored creamy sauce. This is not chicken piccata and was very disappointing. The booth where we were seated had a slash in the brown "leather" seat that had been repaired with a strip of neon orange duct tape. It made the experience look as if we were at the local diner.
- Always wonderful food, greatfarmgirlchickDined on 3/14/2014Always wonderful food, great atmosphere, and excellent service. It is a great place to go for lunch, dinner, special occasions, but I especially enjoy Happy Hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014the atmosphere and service were outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was barely acceptable,LucyDined on 3/8/2014Service was barely acceptable, when food came to table one order was wrong! Had to wait 10 minutes for correct meal to come, then when bill came we were charged for the wrong meal and the corrected meal, (obviously server put in the wrong dinner), so disappointing, the rest of us felt bad even nibbling at our dinners, had to ask server for another beer, reservations were for 8:00 Sat. nite, the restaurant was busy, but server never got off on the right tone. We have dined at Vias, Chop House, Sole on several occasions, this truly was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Not your typical Italian fareIrishLadyDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I have been here twice so far and absolutely love the place. We decided to go back for Restaurant Week, and we're glad we did! I had the saffron arancini and braised pork and my other half had the chicken skewers and porchetta. All were very, very delicious. It was a Friday night so they were very busy. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation, but were able to grab a drink until the table was ready. The service was pretty good, although sometimes the whole 2 servers/table made for some long periods of noone checking in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine eveningWidowDined on 3/7/2014Visited during Restaurant Week. Nice selections on menu. Food was delicious, service quite attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaymrfoodieDined on 3/7/2014There was nothing great or bad about our experience.Special Features: