VIA Italian Table
89 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
VIA Italian Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viaitaliantable.com/
- Phone: 5087544842
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: VIA features two private dining areas that can accommodate 12-16 or 25-40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Caitlyn 508-754-4842
A word from VIA Italian Table
In the beautiful hills of Tuscany, and in the cities and villages that dot the countryside we discovered a simple food paradise which we were eager to bring closer to home. We created VIA to offer you those culinary gems from our visits to Italy in combination with old family recipes, as well as American favorites. VIA captures the rare rustic charm of Italian cooking and dining. Italians love to eat outdoors, so we have created a beautiful three season patio at VIA so our guests can dine al fresco whenever possible. VIA is the essence of Italian dining full of charm and great aromas with our open kitchen complete with brick oven bread, baked daily, hearty meats such as tenderloin, pork and chicken slowly turning and roasting on our spit, and the joys of gelato being created right before your eyes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VIA Italian Table - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
VIA Italian Table reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (76)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (67)notable wine list (60)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (33)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Serviceshrewsbury99Dined on 8/8/2014The place is beautiful and the food is great but the warm,personal service from the wait staff makes this a really pleasureable dining experience. Even the guys who park your car(for $3.00 well worth not having to find a parking space on Shrewsbury St) are nice. I highly recommend their pork dishes which are hard to find on other menus in the area. A real bargain during Restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsKkmEsquireDined on 8/7/2014We had a delicious meal a Via. No, it was FANTASTIC. Clearly, the chef has put a great deal of care into creating each dish, using seasonal offerings to complement each delicious item. Don't miss out on the lobster "BLT" app! SERVICE: From the greeting to the final check-to-change, Via's wait staff knows their timing. As someone who worked in the restaurant business for 10 years, I play special attention to this aspect of service, one that is often overlooked by restaurants. Kudos to Via for hiring and training wait staff that understand the importance of great service! Our dining experience was made truly special by the waiters who tended to us. And as a result, we will gladly make the 40 minute drive back to Via again and again.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The service and food was fantastic, However it was very loud and hard to communicateSpecial Features:
- LisaDined on 8/4/2014Generally great place. Definitely will go again. Good selection of entrees. Food nicely presented. Fun spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal - great ambienceSteveSDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. The menu was varied, the service attentive and the food delicious. The building is interesting as is the decor and the bar is a central, energetic focus.Special Features:
- Former good restaurant goes badSelectiveDined on 7/29/2014The first three years I lived in Worcester this was on of my favorite places to eat and I ate there often and recommended it to others. No more! The last two times I have eaten there the food was terrible. On Tuesday evening, 7/29, was especially horrible. One of my guests ordered the braised short rib and it arrived very over cooked, dry and crusty burned around the edges. Ditto the Tuscan Pork chop ordered by another guest, which was so overcooked it was like cardboard. My wife's veal was uneatable and my pork shank had a sauce on it that was foul. Too bad! This was once a great dinning place. I will never go there again.
- Always happyMandee25Dined on 7/26/2014We have 3 kids and don't get out much, but when we do we always end up here. The food and the service is always the best. We have be coming for 5 years now, and never been let down. We would definitely recommend Via for a very nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We were looking to try something different and new that this restaurant was named "BEST of Worcester" for Italian food for a number of years. The bruchetta was phenomenal and the portion sizes were huge. The chicken parm was amazing. The chicken picatta was just ok - it really didn't have much lemon flavor and was a little bland. We had placed a reservation online but the hostess said she couldn't find us and then put us right by the service entry door which was a bit annoying/loud. Rather than taking our time with our night we ended up feeling like we would rather get going.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Oor Dinner!TwoBoltonitesDined on 7/26/2014Decided to give it a try for our anniversary. We arrived close to the 4 PM opening time on a Saturday afternoon. No disappointments. Excellent server, quality food, and clean. Would go back and we would recommend Via to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZEG3Dined on 7/25/2014We are eager to return to enjoy another evening at Via! The service was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. We shared a bruschetta made of fresh native tomatoes and there was ample food for the six of us. Each dinner was very beautifully presented and each was very delicious (baked haddock, bracciole and lobster rolls). We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BDWebLakeDined on 7/24/2014Our servers, Greg and Brando were on top of their game. Service was excellent and all our meals were spot on. They have a bit of a fruit fly problem that was enough to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed by lunchMarshaDined on 7/24/2014I had lunch, this time, at VIA, after having been a huge fan of their dinner dining. Lunch was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! The food delectable, the choices interesting and far-ranging, the prices totally totally manageable! This is a truly wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Food was terrific and the friends we met there that came from New Hampshire loved it and plan on returning again. Help was great very nice and helpful when questions were asked. Loved sitting in the outdoor area and it was such a beautiful day, very relaxing and looking forward to stopping by again with more friends and family. Thank you for a great dining experience. Portion size was right on, and all was very tasteySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll do it againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Trout entree was a bit overdone; everything else excellent. Dining outside very niceSpecial Features:
- Deliciousclrubin4Dined on 7/19/2014We met friends from Conn. I chose this restaurant randomly from the menu. It didn't disappoint. The wait staff was efficient and attentive. The manager helped to chose the entrée for us. All four of us were happy with our choices. They were hot and delicious. We would meet our friends there again.Special Features:
- Delicious but...talkanddineDined on 7/15/2014Went for our anniversary. Had been to 111 Chop House and Sole Proprietor which we have always liked but don't go often because of the noise level. Via food was outstanding, service was outstanding, but it was noisy also. I would still recommend it and have to anyone who isn't bothered by above average noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewjenandmarcDined on 7/12/2014We had our first wedding anniversary here and the waitress brought us a special dessert at the end. We did however ask for 10 dollars back and only got 5 but this was not our waitress but another girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and blandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014I had always heard Via was one of the best Italian restaurants in Worcester. And they are priced that way. But I ordered a simple dish of spaghetti and an assortment of meats and all the meats (chicken, pork, sausage, etc) were all overcooked and tough. For about $25 a plate I would expect a simple dish to be prepared well...very disappointed...Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoy the patio venuePapaSDined on 7/5/2014The prices are moderatge to high, but the portions are great. My wife and I both had enough to take home. Our server was knowledgeable and personable. We enjoy the food for its variety, excellent preparation and presentation. We consider this a "destination" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar AppsJumboDined on 6/29/2014While the menu is good, I prefer this spot for wine flights and apps at the bar. Normally spectacular, there was a new guy (to us) and it will take some time for him to be everyone's best friend and master the menu. But still a nice experience for us and another couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Desert...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014After having a delicious meal, have desert... and get the crepe cake... you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- TomloveslaurenDined on 6/28/2014we had an enjoyable relaxing evening. service was attentive but not annoying. food was just delicious. chef prepared something that was not on the menu. no bother and no extra charge. first time visiting Via. we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014First off, I want to clarify that in my experience ratings I rated the ambience "Very Good" and the noise level "energetic". That was because we ate outside and there was, logically, some noise off the street that was no fault of Via's. I've eaten indoors here before and both the ambience and noise level are perfect for family or business gatherings. Outdoor patio was fantastic on the night we were there. We were recommended some Fess Parker cabernet (I think) that was great with a variety of meals. The mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto was insanely good. I could have eaten 5 orders of those. Strong recommend.Special Features:
- Celebration via VIAOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014We've dined at VIA many times. This was for our wedding anniversary. It was quiet on an early Sunday evening. Our server allowed us to take our time and enjoy a leisurely meal. The "killer app" this time was the Toasted Corn & Bacon Pizza, with house-pickled Fresno chilis! What a flavor combo. Those peppers are both hot and sweet! Our entrees were Trout Romesco and Veal Scaloppine, both came with house salads. Had a nice bottle of Tomassi Poggio, a super Tuscan wine. Dessert? Cannoli for two, plus the complementary blood orange gelato that they brought for our special occasion. It was just the kind of experience we had hoped for: good food, good service, and a quiet, relaxed setting.Special Features:
- Great Place!pastaloverDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were meeting friends for a 6:00 reservation. We arrived about 15 minutes early and were welcomed right away. We were then asked if we wanted outdoor or inside seating and because I wasn't sure they told me they would have me down for the first outdoor table( about 20 minutes) or a table right away. Seeing that we were early anyway and our friends weren't there yet it was really a nice suggestion. We did end up taking the table outside the wait staff were excellent and very attentive. Salads were fresh and food was fantastic. The reason for not giving it a 5 star on food was I had a lobster dish and I felt that the lobster was a little over cooked. Their crepe cake is a must to try!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The meal I got had chili pepper on it, and I am a very big fan of hot food, this meal was way to hot to eat. Took maybe three bites and complained to the waitress all she had to say was "well it has peppers so it will be hot." and made me still pay full price for the two bites I ate. I was not happy at all.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceIrishwholovesitalianDined on 6/17/2014We were going to a show and decided to go to Via first. Good choice.
- FoodfrequentdinerDined on 6/15/2014Father's beef was undercooked and had a peculiar odor and taste. Chicken Picatta was cold. Sharable salad was wonderful. Bolognese sauce fantastic.Special Features:
- ExcellentYummyDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. Wanted to get desert but was stuffed from just my dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViaG2SicilianDined on 6/7/2014I'd never tried Via, but after hearing that they were sponsoring a cycling race in Worcester, I decided to try it. It was very good and I'll be certain to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1147 reviews are from the VIA Italian Table reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The service and food were both outstanding! Sitting on the back patio was an added bonus! Sunday's weather was great so it was nice to enjoy the warmth of the sunshine and fresh air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSPINMASSDined on 5/31/2014This was our first time at VIA, however we have been to their sister restaurants a few time. The food and atmosphere at VIA was by far my favorite, however on the particular night that we were there, a bachelor party was in the semi private room off the dining room and were very loud. Their was no way for the staff to seal off the room except for curtains that did little for the noise. We will be making VIA a new regular dining spot for us.Special Features:
- MarvelousMarshaDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is totally superior. Everything is scrumptious. The food is always the best, and yet, somehow, magically, it gets better and better each time I'm there! Bravo, VIA!Special Features:
- DisappointmentnotafanDined on 5/24/2014Quality of dinner presentation did not warrant the pricing. Service hovering and rushed. Extremely high level of noise and visible unprofessional antics of servers and kitchen very distracting. Prices steep for overall below average dining experience. Third try and third disappointment.
- Egg noodleEggnoodleDined on 5/23/2014The egg noodle as the pasta choice with entree was terrible!Special Features:
- vteatsDined on 5/22/2014Great meal, great service. Large portions of rustic Italian food. Top quality. Friendly, attentive wait staff. Our party of 6 loved it. A bit noisy.Special Features:
- via is greatbbyummyDined on 5/21/2014Have eaten here a number of times and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Celebration Success!EmilyDined on 5/18/2014The service at VIA was outstanding - they made my Graduation day even more special. They were very knowledgeable, fun, while also being professional. I really enjoyed having two servers who were always there to fill up a water glass or answer a question. The food was phenomenal. Everything came out in stages and was nicely paced. This is not an everyday type of place as the food was expensive (our total bill for 6 people was about $300 with apps, meals, desserts, and drinks) but definitely worth it for a special occasion. Thank you for making my special day even better!Special Features:
- MarvelousMarshaDined on 5/18/2014I've been to this restaurant innumerable times over the course of many years. The food continues to be awesome. Some restaurants rest on their laurels or begin serving up the same-old-same-old when they find meals that diners love. VIA is always innovating, staying with the tried-and-trues, but coming up with great new delights as well. Bravo to all concerned: the owners, the managers, the waitstaff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Had 830 reservation, seated at table at 915 Food for 4 was uniformly poorly done Would never go back Wait staff was friendlySpecial Features: