Via Emilia - The Woodlands
10700 Kuykendahl Rd. Suite F
The Woodlands, TX 77381Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Emilia - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://viaemiliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (281) 465-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Via Emilia features live music Wednesday through Saturday 6-9pm.
A word from Via Emilia - The Woodlands
Named after an ancient Roman road that spans from Rimini to Piacenza, Via Emilia Italian Restaurant is known for their house-made pastas, braised meats, seafood specialties, and delicious desserts. The family-owned restaurant served Houston diners for over 13 years before moving to their current location in the Woodlands. We welcome you to experience the most authentic northern Italian cuisine in the Woodlands - no passport required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Via Emilia - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Via Emilia - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)romantic (59)special occasion (54)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food and service is great. Ask for Steven to be your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things must be slower in Italy...WEF3Dined on 11/15/2014I really wanted to like Via Emilia. It had a great Tuscan décor in a quaint neighbor setting. But unfortunately, things were mediocre at best. First the waiter said he would give us minute to peruse the wine list which turned into 10. Then it took another 20 minutes to get out Caprece Salads. The entrée was good but nothing I would return for. They told me there would be a 10 minute wait for the Tiramisu because it was being prepared fresh but unfortunately arrived void of flavor. Tasted like a soggy Twinkie. Of all The Woodlands area Italian restaurants, Pallotta's has the best service & food.
- Local favoriteFoshVIPDined on 11/2/2014Never disappoints.....be sure to hear their specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Keeper!DenuchDined on 11/1/2014The entire experience was 5 stars. Great wine selection, fabulous food (high standards being a New Yorker) and excellent service.Special Features:
- Expensive for the quality of foodQuietDined on 10/28/2014OK restaurant, nothing special. Too expensive, too salty and wine list is limited.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I have been to this restaurant on many occassions (started going to location on 1960) and this was the first time for one of my guests. Other than the drive from downtown Houston, he absolutely loved it!Special Features:
- tuttieDined on 10/26/2014Food was so fresh. Non greasy, flavorful, new ideas . Service was excellent. Courses beautifully timed . Extremely restful and relaxing. The desserts were just incredible. Try them all, especially the Limoncello cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family owned ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Definitely worth visiting. This Family Owned italian restaurant has the right balance between great food and service from owners that really care about their customers.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Sea BassgreatVIPDined on 10/21/2014My sea bass was absolutely fantastic and the service top notch. I believe our waiters name was Brian and he was amazing. This is my second time dining while visiting The Woodlands on business, and I will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for the blinding sunBenjiDined on 10/18/2014We love this place, but this time we were seated at the one table which became awash in direct sunlight through the front door this time of year (mid-Oct). Ask to be seated further back inside the place and there is nothing not to love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via Emilia poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food is good, but slightly overpriced. The atmosphere is romantic but service poor. either rushed through meal or ignored no middle ground. Careful with your bill as overcharged three times on wine. They are good about correcting when we catch mistake but happens every time.Special Features:
- Great foodFirstvisitDined on 10/11/2014Always have great food and good selection of appetizers. Much better than you would expect in strip shopping center even in Indian Springs! One of best in The WoodlandsSpecial Features:
- Great FoodMaybaby1970Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. The food was wonderful and well priced. The atmosphere was nice. We will be back !Special Features:
- Surprisingly fantasticGregTDined on 10/4/2014Local, unassuming restaurant in a stip-mall of sorts extremely popular with the locals. My first time there with friends who were lucky enough to have found the place int he past. Great food with a decent wine list. Lively, appropriate bar scene the only two knocks against the place are. The service was a little slow, but they were busy, and only WARM food. There's really no excuse for food that is not hot. Perhaps they can improve and we will give them another try as the Osso Bucco was Osssooo Good. Greg T.Special Features:
- Monday Night BlahsBillVIPDined on 9/29/2014We have eaten here many times and we're really surprised by the slow service. There must have been a problem in the kitchen as I could see other patrons waiting as well. My salmon with dill sauce was excellent but my wife's eggplant Parmesan was so so. We hope the slow service was an anomaly as we have really enjoyed past meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good alternativeChataVIPDined on 9/26/2014Via Emilia is a good alternative from the regular chain Italian restaurants. Their food tastes much fresher and with better ingredients, yet not quite there to be at the next level of gourmet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downgraded quality over the years..luvfood4everDined on 9/26/2014I came to Via Emilia years ago before the expansion. It was amazing. Great wine and good food with outstanding ambiance. Went back again for a birthday celebration and it wasn't as good. Still enjoyed the wine, but the food just wasn't as great as it was before...Special Features:
- Via EmiliaDaveDined on 9/26/2014Just great. food and service were great. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great local Italian restaurantk2dinesDined on 9/26/2014First time in. Outstanding service and meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCPATDined on 9/20/2014Probably the best restaurant in The Woodlands! Exceeds the chains and other over priced restaurants nearby.......................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend's BirthdayPatriciaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a wonderful time at via Emilia for a friend's birthday. As always, Luis our server, did an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Via Emilia ExcelsstedmantxVIPDined on 9/16/2014It was my first time to stay in The Woodlands area. I relied on OpenTable to choose among many fine restaurants. I chose Via Emilia and I was not disappointed. Several reviews singled out Brian as an outstanding server. I asked for him and the diners were correct. Highly professional and made my dining experience exceptional. I started with the Insalata Emilia which had one of the best vinaigrettes I've ever had. The lobster ravioli was superb, complemented by a fine pinot noir recommended by Brian. Finished off with a cannelloni and chocalate martini. A memorable dining experience. I will definitely return the next time I am in the Houston area.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealPklagrangeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit. The food (lamb shanks, spaghetti carbonara and gnocchi) was delicious, the service great (despite a large group next to us) and the atmosphere delightful. A gem in a strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian RestaurantOrdinarygalDined on 9/12/2014We have dined at Via Emilia for years , from old location to their move to the Woodlands . We love the ambiance and charm of the new restaurant. Their service has improved and the food has always been fresh and delicious! FSpecial Features:
- ronaldDined on 9/10/2014Brian our waiter was superb as usual and the reason I always request him.Special Features:
- What a lovely nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I took my boyfriend to Emilia after he had completed a very stressful work jaunt. The embiance was charming, our waiter, Brian, was excellent and the wine and food spoke for itself! We had a very enjoyable evening together and will definitely return. Every Thursday their remarkable Italian wines are half off as well so that always encourages the two of us! We are looking forward to exploring a few bottles if Italian wine and I certainly feel this little spot might be our special place since it's literally a few blocks away. If you haven't tried it already take a little trip to Via E! It's worth every penny! Oh! And ask for Brian- he's an amazing waiter❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at the new location in The Woodlands. My friend was celebrating her birthday so we wanted to try it out. Overall the meal was good. I found the live music to be too loud, and forced everyone in our group to have trouble hearing cross table conversation. Also, we waited a long time for our food. Our waiter and a manager both came by the table to apologize about the delay, blaming it on a large party in one of the private dining rooms. But several other parties in our section of the restaurant who had been seated well after us got their food ahead of us, so I suspect a dropped ball in the kitchen. They comped the birthday girl a cannoli though, so she was happy. Food was good, not earth moving good, but OK.Special Features:
- Babs61VIPDined on 9/6/2014The ambiance is lovely with a romantic setting and the piano playing is a very nice touch. Food was good but not great but we enjoyed ourselves. The portions are large and we had plenty to take home to enjoy the next day.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 9/6/2014SO and I made our first dinner at Via Emilia. Lamb shank and sea bass were both fixed perfect to our taste. Service was impeccable. Nice "old world" feel to the place. It's easy to see why the ratings are so high on an outstanding restaurant. Thanks
- Great findLuv2eatoutDined on 9/5/2014Right down the road from where I live, great Italian food. Wonderful ambiance. Awesome service. The food was fantastic. Best chicken marsala ive ever had. Reasonably proced. Ill be back again for sure. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorite RestaurantsLove4foodDined on 9/5/2014We've just moved to The Woodlands area and decided to give this place a try based on reviews we read. It does not disappoint! I love this place. We've been there twice now and will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsDdinesDined on 9/5/2014Had an enjoyable evening with friends - good food - great house Chianti - service was good and not rushed. Our reserved table was waiting. Very nice evening.Special Features:
- first time diner2fromNYDined on 9/5/2014Finding your restaurant after just moving to the woodlands from New York was wonderful. Your restaurant is head and shoulders above any of the ten or so restaurants we have dined in since arriving here. Everything is first class and we look forward to returning again and again! Cudos to your entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Food & service are exceptional. Also they are very to revise their preparations for special requests or desires. In my opinion they are the best Italian Restaurant in the Houston area for all occasions.Special Features:
- Sidewalk sallysidewalksallyVIPDined on 8/29/2014All was very good. Maybe a little too much service.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantJohnWilliamsDined on 8/26/2014Do not judge a book by its cover... The outside of this restaurant does not give the right impression for what it offers inside. It is an excellent Italian restaurant that makes you feel as if you were in Italy. The staff is extremely courteous, the food selection and the taste is great. You will not go wrong in choosing this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good!LindaRVIPDined on 8/17/2014Once again we had a very nice meal..a great place to dine and carry on a conversation. A very cozy feel to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and serviceBass1stDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend out for dinner to Via Emilia at the weekend. From the outside it looks nothing special but once inside you are transported to Italy. Nice ambiance and friendly, helpful service. The wine list was excellent and the food was very good. We selected a 2010 Valpolicella. The highlight was the limoncello cake which was quite simply the best desert we have had since we moved to the Woodlands. Its not a cheap restaurant but you get what you pay for and I felt it was good value. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Nice PlacesbyeatsDined on 8/15/2014Via Emilia is a surprisingly nice Italian restaurant located in a neighborhood strip mall in The Woodlands. The food has been excellent every time we've dined. The menu features the usual Italian favorites, but also some creative dishes with lots of nice flavors and colors. The service is good, and we enjoy the live music. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulKAVODined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy dinner at this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.