Via Emilia - The Woodlands
10700 Kuykendahl Rd. Suite F
The Woodlands, TX 77381Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Emilia - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://viaemiliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2814659555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Via Emilia features live music Wednesday through Saturday 6-9pm.
A word from Via Emilia - The Woodlands
Named after an ancient Roman road that spans from Rimini to Piacenza, Via Emilia Italian Restaurant is known for their house-made pastas, braised meats, seafood specialties, and delicious desserts. The family-owned restaurant served Houston diners for over 13 years before moving to their current location in the Woodlands. We welcome you to experience the most authentic northern Italian cuisine in the Woodlands - no passport required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Via Emilia - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Via Emilia - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (65)romantic (60)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (20)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sidewalk sallysidewalksallyDined on 8/29/2014All was very good. Maybe a little too much service.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantJohnWilliamsDined on 8/26/2014Do not judge a book by its cover... The outside of this restaurant does not give the right impression for what it offers inside. It is an excellent Italian restaurant that makes you feel as if you were in Italy. The staff is extremely courteous, the food selection and the taste is great. You will not go wrong in choosing this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good!LindaRVIPDined on 8/17/2014Once again we had a very nice meal..a great place to dine and carry on a conversation. A very cozy feel to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and serviceBass1stDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend out for dinner to Via Emilia at the weekend. From the outside it looks nothing special but once inside you are transported to Italy. Nice ambiance and friendly, helpful service. The wine list was excellent and the food was very good. We selected a 2010 Valpolicella. The highlight was the limoncello cake which was quite simply the best desert we have had since we moved to the Woodlands. Its not a cheap restaurant but you get what you pay for and I felt it was good value. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Nice PlacesbyeatsDined on 8/15/2014Via Emilia is a surprisingly nice Italian restaurant located in a neighborhood strip mall in The Woodlands. The food has been excellent every time we've dined. The menu features the usual Italian favorites, but also some creative dishes with lots of nice flavors and colors. The service is good, and we enjoy the live music. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulKAVODined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy dinner at this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant. Food and service are both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectrlattDined on 8/13/2014I wanted a restaurant with a piano playing. I was not disappointed. Great restaurant. Great food, great service, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amazing Osso Buco!greatVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had a fantastic experience at Via Emilia and the service was top notch. My meal of osso buco was the best I've had since Milan and I will definitely return to this restaurant on my next vidit to Houston.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!JSalasDined on 8/10/2014I took my girlfriend to Via Emilia for her birthday. We pass by it all the time and have been wanting to try it but never had. The interior is decorated beautifully. You'll be surprised when you walk in. The service was great and our server was ready to answer any questions we had about the menu. Our lump crab stuffed mushroom app was delicious. My girlfriend had the ravioli which was amazing but my dish was the best for sure. I had the Sea Bass with a side of fettuccine. Let me tell you it was the best piece of fish I've ever had! Overall we had a great time and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerDPZ16307Dined on 8/10/2014We dined at Via Emilia with friends. We used to frequent the old restaurant on FM 1960 together. The new restaurant in the Woodlands is a WOW. The ambiance is great, the service was perfect, and the food and wine were awesome. It was so nice to dine at the new improved version of an old favorite. Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatmapbDined on 8/8/2014We had the last seating on a Friday night, and I think our experience suffered somewhat from this. Our bread arrived cold and a bit stale (although when we asked for fresh bread the hot garlic bread our waiter brought was delicious). The main courses and wine were very good, although the wait staff seemed a bit distracted, maybe because it was near closing time and they were tired. The ambience was good inside and suitable for a romantic evening, although like many Houston restaurants the location suffers overall from being located in a shopping strip center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuanquiDined on 8/8/2014The food and the service was great. Unfortunately the hostess gave us the worst table possible eventhough they were other tables available.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We've been to Via Emilia numerous times, and rarely does it disappoint. However....the wine list is getting expensive. It used to be they had a very good selection of moderately priced wines; this last time I was a bit shocked at the average price of a bottle of wine. C'mon on guys, don't forget what made you great in the first place. Good food, good ambiance, good service, and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- rex1VIPDined on 8/7/2014Beautiful restaurant but menu lacks creativity and interest. Goat always seems to be one of their special features which is weird. Lots of competition for Italian food in The Woodlands and this restaurant is not one of our favorites for Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerFoodlover806Dined on 8/6/2014Ambience was nice, especially due to strategic table placement. I didn't feel like someone else was part of my group & vice versa. Piano player was a great touch. Not something usually seen (rather, heard) but should be. Much classier than piped in Sinatra. Waitress Chloe was knowledgable, friendly, & attentive without being intrusive. Oh yeah, the food! It was worth the money. I am very 'snooty' about my Italian food because I can usually do better by cooking it myself at home & have money leftover. But I was more than pleased with our choice to have Via Emilia chef cook for us. I had a bite of the 6 different items we ordered, and all were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!YummyDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I had salads, two pasta dishes and dessert and everything was delicious! The staff was very attentive. We had a nice date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, Hidden, SurpriseMiguelRunnerDined on 8/5/2014Nice restaurant, tucked away in one of the most unassuming locations. We were there for my wife's birthday and were promptly greeted. We were seated quickly and our server attended to us right away. From that point forward, everything seemed to operate in slow motion. The bread took quite a while to be served, I had to get the attention of the busser for iced tea re-fills (we're non-drinkers). Our food arrived at the correct temperature, the presentation was excellent, the portion was perfect, and tasted as good as it looked. Our server was kind enough to bring my wife a small desert with a candle, in celebration of her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseTexasDiDiDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is in a strip mall... nestled between shopping and a podiatrist-- go figure!! BUT do not let that stop you from enjoying a wondderful experience!! Luckily we'd made a reservation because showing up without one would mean a lengthy wait! We arrived early so we started in the lively bar. Drinks were tasty and strong! They were a bit late moving us to our table, but we really didn't mind. They had a table for us but a couple of people from the bar actually jumped on our table... we let that go, we knew that we'd get a table soon and were not in a hurry. Dinner was delicious-- we tried the Carbonara and Lobster Ravioli. Dessert and wine also fantastic. Chloe was a wonderful server and took great care of us!!Special Features:
- Chicken ParmigianaJunglelandDined on 8/1/2014This place my have the best Chicken Parm ( Pollo alla Parmigiana on the menu ) that I've had in 20 years. I was recently in Philadelphia and had the same dish at one of the city's top authentic Italian places. Via Emilia's version easily wins, hands down, no contest. I highly recommend this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had the snapper special and the Chilean sea bass, and both were excellent. The seafood was fresh and cooked just right. We also like the portions here-- just enough. The chef substitutes quality for the usually oversized quantity at other restaurants. Skip the spumoni (It was bland). The burrata appetizer with figs, proscuitto and arugula also was excellent. We would not order the coffee again, as it was brewed extremely strong, perhaps to make up for the lack of depth. We like this place because of the variety in the menu, the very good to excellent food, great service and the ease of parking.Special Features:
- Great Find!JoronimoDined on 7/28/2014I had the lamb shank, and it was excellent. Fall-off-the-bone delicious, cooked perfectly. My lady friend had the Pollo alla Marsala, and that too was amazing (so I heard). Our waiter was fantastic, checking on us with regularity without interrupting too much. I would definitely come here again if I find myself in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Very good food and service Too much crowded and noisy live piano almost lost in noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 7/18/2014It is noisy from the poor sound insulation. I had the mushroom & crap meat for an appetizer which was four small half size mushrooms with crab meat & it was delicious. My spouse had the parma ham with mozzarella & beefsteak tomatoes & loved it. For our entrees I had the pesto linguine with chicken which was not the best dish & quite frankly was disappointing. The pesto had an "off" flavor. I guess I'm used to traditional pesto with basil but this had something else in it, perhaps mint? The pasta was overwhelmed so I can't say if it was good or not. The chicken was overcooked & very dry. Spouse had the Osso Bucco which was braised & tender. Would return but would go at lunch when it's cheaper & try different dishes.Special Features:
- Treated soooooo specialBurkeDined on 7/12/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and they made it even more special than we had expected. The food, service and ambiance was top notch but it ALWAYS is. We had our first date here and so this is our special place. Love the new look and can't wait to go back. Bryan was great and everyone we interacted with. Keep doing what you do so well!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceConairVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had dinner at the restaurant Saturday night, 7/5/14. Atmosphere was great loved the piano music. Had a veal dish which was great and bread pudding for dessert.. The manager took us to the wine room, we are wine lovers and enjoyed a great wine with dinner..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLookingforsomethingnuDined on 7/5/2014Very nice neighborhood type Italian restaurant. Food was excellent and so was the service. We had heard it was a little noisy, but we found it to be just fine. Only suggestion I would make to the owners is have a little larger restroom to accommodate a busy Saturday night crowd. Overall, highly recommend this restaurant. Glad we found it as we were looking for alternatives, and we will definitely return on a regular basis.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencemcd4foodDined on 7/5/2014This was the first time that 3 of the 4 in our party had dined at Via Emilia and they all loved it! The food was exceptional and the service impeccable. It has become an immediate favorite for all, already planning our next visit. We were happy to find a restaurant in the Woodlands that offers fine dining at an affordable price in a little out of the way location. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/3/2014Our first visit was to celebrate a birthday lunch for coworker. Wonderful, quiet atmosphere. The food was amazing, all persons thoroughly enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Nice Italian restaurantMangiareDined on 7/2/2014There's few good, affordable Italian restaurants around The Woodlands and Via Emilia is one of them. For the price, the food is appropriately good, the ambiance is nice and the noise level is moderate. The only issue I can find with Via Emilia, is that they are a product of their own success and sometimes on Friday & Saturday nights the place gets a little crowded and a bit more noisy. And sometimes there are service issues. But that goes without saying for any successful restaurant on a busy night. If you are expecting a more quiet dining experience, make sure to request a table on the dining side away from the bar. Other than that, I think it's a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsonecaketwoforksDined on 6/22/2014Skip going "up front" and book a table here. And yes, if it's a weekend, book a table. The food is always delicious. It's a great place for lunch. The staff are wonderful and attentive. I'm a fan of the lobster ravioli, the sea bass, and the eggplant parmesan. My husband likes the osso bucco and the chicken. My kids love the pasta and the meatballs. Full bar. Lovely wine list. Gets a little noisy on the weekends, but they've added some remodeling lately that seems to have that under better control. This place just gets better and better.Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!Love4foodDined on 6/21/2014We just moved to the area and wanted to take some good friends out to a nice dinner. We read the reviews for Via Emilia. Overall, they were the best we saw, so decided to try it. We loved the food, service, and romantic ambience. We will go there again next time we want to go out for a special evening.Special Features:
- Why travel into city or market st?Lava24Dined on 6/20/2014This neighborhood restaurant is our all time favorite for its convenience, good service, and excellent selection. We would much rather go here as we know it is consistently good. Our favorite is sea bass, followed closely by the eggplant parmesan. Our only issue is it clears out too early!Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing service.luvtodine2Dined on 6/20/2014This was our second time to Via Emilia and I wish it had been as good as the first. Our waiter couldn't be found. His service was mediocre at best. The tables next to us had a waiter constantly checking on them I think he felt sorry for us because he started checking on us. He went so far as to clear our plates and still no sign of our waiter. Our waiter took forever to take our drink order and while we had him we gave him our meal order the next Time I saw him he was clearing our wine glasses. He showed up eventually with the dessert tray but I had to catch him to get a cup of coffee. The entree, salads and appetizer were delicious but the creme brûlée was like a pudding with burnt sugar that was a disappointment. I will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014I love the changes that this restaurant has made and will hope they do the same changes to the older side of their restaurant. They tell me that more changes are coming but they were not able to let us know what they are going to be yet.
- The Real DealbdayfunVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our dinner was outstanding from beginning to end. The service was perfect, and the food was truly remarkable. This Italian food compares favorably to the very best places that we have been to all over the country. Our entrees were delicious(the kitchen custom made mine to order) and the bread pudding desert was the best we had ever eaten. This place is for real.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedgladiwentVIPDined on 6/14/2014I was there for a Saturday lunch. So if they were training some cooking and waiting staff, this could explain their issue, but overall, the food was mediocre. It wasn't bad just not exactly somewhere I'd be itching to go back to. The wait staff doesn't quite get all the details right but they are very courteous. I just expected more. Usually, anywhere that takes the time to make their own pasta, the food preparation is impeccable.
- Fabulous favoriteJuicyjackDined on 6/12/2014We tried this gem out before we officially moved to the neighborhood. It was much smaller back then but the service, ambience, and food have always been outstanding. This place never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerdinnerfor2Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent as always. Waitstaff recommendations were as good as promised.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExpierenceGoAgainDined on 6/7/2014Celebrated our 46th anniversary and throughly enjoyed the food and hte waitstaff assistance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.