Via Della Pace
48 East 7th St.
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Della Pace
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viadellapacenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 253-5803
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Breakfast: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Bartocci 6462414363
- Cross Street: Between 1st & 2nd Avenue
- Public Transit: From Astor Place Station (6 Train): Proceed in east direction from Astor Place towards E 8th St (213ft). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th Street (0,2 mi). From 8th St- NYU (R W Train): Proceed in sud east direction from E 8th St. toward Lafayette street ( 0,1 mi). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th St.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Via Della Pace
Via Della Pace is known not only for its unique and reasonably priced Italian cuisine, but for its extensive wine list and exclusive atmosphere. Truly one of the Lower East Side's hidden gems, Via Della Pace offers great music, authentic food and a friendly staff. Family owned, it's menu features many signature dishes such as "The Fettuccine Mama Munda," a recipe passed through generations to the restaurant's owner. Their original dishes are complimented by their freshly made Sangria and innovative cocktail list. With the restaurant floor set three feet above street level, it's elegant floor to ceiling windows allow patrons to look out at one of New York's trendiest neighborhoods while enjoying their meal. Additional seating can be found in our cozy party room which provides patrons with a more personal dining experience or in our in extremely popular outdoor section that opens during the summer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Della Pace reviews from OpenTable diners
- Place is fine but nothing specialJuliaChildlessDined on 11/8/2014I chose this place because it was listed 40th among 11,000 NYC restaurants according to TripAdvisor. Via Della Pace was fine but certainly nothing special. My entree, Rigatoni del Pirata, was quite ordinary. Overall I was disappointed.
- Good food, great, lively atmosphereSHD18Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, reasonable prices, super crowded, fun and lively place. We had 7PM reservations, and great table opened up just as we got there. Friendly waitstaff, just a nice, fun vibe about the place. The appetizers were great. The pastas were pretty good. The chicken Milanese was so-so. The veal, not great. Very reasonably priced wine list. Great EV place. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, ambiance not so greatCharlie123Dined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious, but the restaurant is crowded. The noise level and temperature are to high. The wine list is notable and (again) the food is great.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendscitrine12Dined on 11/5/2014Came to VDP on a Wednesday night and it was pretty quiet. We shared a bottle of wine and had some delicious authentic Italian food. This place is fantastic. The free Sambuca at the end of the meal was the perfect ending.Special Features:
- We loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We started early and there were very few people in the restaurant but the party and noise level grew before too long. Limited menu specializing in pastas but they that looked wonderful. If you go soon, you are in time for a 3 course truffle menu. Diverse and reasonable wine list.Special Features:
- delightful findJackieDined on 10/28/2014Lovely neighborhood spot. Visually adorable, friendly, attentive service, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le barman vaut le détourMayaDined on 10/12/2014J'adore les restos italiens et celui-ci était délicieux. Mais au delà de ça très très bonne ambiance et super musique. En revanche, ce restaurant est à éviter si vous désirez un repas romantique.Special Features:
- Nice little Italian place !DineloverDined on 10/8/2014The place and ambiance are nice. The food is average. I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and it was too salty. As for the rest of the food, it's average. I would still come back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend dinnervisitornycVIPDined on 9/28/2014A group of 4 ate here. We ordered a gnocchi dish, lasagna, pesto, and the house special salad. The food was good, the special salad outstanding. The only downer was the waiter "forgot" to put in the pesto order which is a huge faux pas in my book. The restaurant became very busy with a large group half way through our meal. And the noise level rose to a very high level. I would return but would avoid high traffic times.Special Features:
- A taste of Italy!MamaZoopDined on 9/11/2014Fabulous dinner with husband and daughter. Giovanni made us feel right at home. Looking at the table nearby, the pasta servings were generous, but we opted to share a couple appetizers, a charcuterie board, a primi (pasta) and a secondi (the steak). And of course, must have the Chianti Classico! Paired with the Chianti. Molto Bene!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15th BirthdaystugrayDined on 8/24/2014My daughter chose this place to have her birthday dinner whilst visiting New York and we weren't disappointed. Everything was great ambiance, service and food in a very cool neighborhood in East Village. Just beware it's cash only. They have an ATM inside but it only dispensed a maximum $160 and my party was for 6 so only just had enough.Special Features:
- great placetomfromsyracuseDined on 8/23/2014This is a great restaurant in the East Village. Outstanding food, great service by Matteo. We try to visit everytime we are in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Birthday celebration dinnerBirthdaymeal40Dined on 8/20/2014A lovely find on Trip Advisor for evening prior to my 40th birthday. We had a lovely welcome with a glass of champagne and fantastic service throughout the evening. The food was wonderful, and one where all four of us, including 15 and 12 year olds finished our meals. The portion sizes were spot on, and the wine chosen was really good. So pleased we found this restaurant and kept us away from the hassle and expense of Times Square. We would definitely choose Via Della Place on any return visit to NYCSpecial Features:
- Buon cibo italianoFenied03Dined on 8/13/2014Locale carino ma molto molto rumoroso . Fatevi dare un tavolo vicino alle finestre molto bello e più di atmosfera .il cibo è veramente molto buono per qualità delle materie prime e per la cottura . È italiano vero e nn mescolato per accontentare i gusti degli americani . Very good 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to neighborhood ItalianalekatVIPDined on 8/10/2014I love this place. The service and food are consistently great, and it's a comfortable neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I found the restaurant via the reviews here for a family member's birthday and it was terrific. Everyone in our party loved their food, the service was terrific and would definitely recommend to a friend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved it!CharleyDined on 7/12/2014We were in New York visiting our daughter who is interning there for the summer and this was exactly the type of restaurant we were looking for. They saved us a special table even when we called to let them know we were running 30 minutes late. They were kind and attentive throughout the evening. The seared tuna bruschetta was truly memorable. We loved their wine recommendation. which was also VERY affordable, especially in NYC. The lasagna and lobster gnocchi were wonderful, as was their signature pasta dish. It was obviously a place that had a lot of regulars who loved authentic Italian food. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ale73ItalyDined on 7/11/2014Pastas & Bruschette good as well as in Italy! And an interesting Italian wine list, even if not only italian people will appreciate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!ioandoDined on 6/29/2014After searching Yelp and TripAdvisor we decided to try it out for brunch. The food was so good, we were back the second day for lunch. Go for the italian dishes, they are really outstanding. A great place to hang out, watch the soccer games and just have a good time.Special Features:
- Recommended ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent one of the best Italian flavours we have had, this was a recommendation after a walking food tour. Only advise would be careful playing music to loud however the guys playing blues was a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Dinner did not disappointMissPVIPDined on 6/21/2014Dinner was just as good as all the reviews say. Pastas were delicious, esp carbonara and amatriciana. Several options on the menu and reasonable prices. Wish we had gotten to try a salad too. Not sure that a "half bottle" of wine is any more than 2 glasses, so if people have different tastes, go for 2 different glasses. Desserts were the weakest thing, so I suggest having a bruschetta-salad-pasta-(and second course if you have the room!) savory meal extravaganza and maybe skip dessert. Would definitely go back there. CASH ONLY. Started getting full around 9pm and once full, it was quite noisy. Not a great place to have an intimate tete-a-tete, more a place for a fun noisy dinner :) Wish we had a place like this in DC.
- Group Birthday dinnerWesternoneDined on 5/31/2014Great food, service and value. Would recommend and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014My party of 6 was seated immediately, but brought to a basement seating area. That would have been fine except that it was so dark we could barely read the menu, and it was uncomfortably warm (I'm a person who is ALWAYS cold). The appetizers came out in a reasonable amount of time, however it seemed to take FOREVER for the entrees to come out. Additionally, we needed to request ice and cold water several times before they were brought to us. I was satisfied with my meal, nothing incredible, but definitely good. I was the only non-Italian of the group, and the rest of my party seemed to feel the same; food was edible but not worth another trip.
- The best atmosphereNSinNYDined on 4/24/2014It's always a party there. The staff is very nice, the food is incredibly tasty and the wine list is awesome. They make the best sangria in town. It's a small place, but that is what makes it so cozy and friendly. Great for anytime of the day, but the VDP atmosphere makes any happy hour much happier!!! Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via della Pace doesn't disappointLive4foodDined on 4/16/2014I had been to this restaurant two years ago and the food was great. Once again the food was terrific. The waiting staff was attentive and it was refreshing to hear Italian being spoken. One thing to keep in mind when going- the restaurant doesn't take plastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find!CrazyMommyDined on 4/14/2014Enjoyed this restaurant very much. Located in East Village, it was a perfect for our first dinner in NY after checking into our hotel. As the reviews have noted, the staff was very friendly, welcoming, and the food was delicious! We took a Food-On-Foot Tour later in the week, and our guide also recommended this place. Reasonable price for what you get. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- It was a great night outfoodloverVIPDined on 3/8/2014There were 5 of us - good selection of beer. The apps were delicious, everyone especially enjoyed the bruschetta with anchovies. We all were delighted with our entrees. Salmon, tuna, chicken, pasta - all were wonderful. Too stuffed for dessert! The restaurant is small. The kitchen is right there with the tables, so it got a little smokey at times. Very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth a return tripSrlochDined on 3/7/2014Great little bar, service fantastic, Carbonara the best, setting feels like home. Cash only so be prepared and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014Amazing food! Definitely some of the best I've had in NYC! Charming, intimate setting in the East Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughqbanwongDined on 2/16/2014This was my second trip to this gem and I was able to confirm the the first time was not a fluke. Food is superb, ambiance is great and the service is spot on. Definitely on my radar for my next NYC trip, a must do...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceLexy01Dined on 2/15/2014We got seated downstairs, took forever to get someone to even acknowledge us. Server barely checked in with us, forgot one drink for the table. I ordered a tuna MEDIUM, came back well done, pretty much burnt. Rest of the food was ok, wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Terrific food at reasonable prices!Roger1502Dined on 2/15/2014Very nice restaurant with authentic Italian ambience and fully deserving of its rating. Nice location in the East Village in a fairly quiet street. Went with my family including 2 teenage daughters. All of us enjoyed the food and lots to choose from - Chicken salad and the lasagne were exceptional. Also very good wine list. We went for a budget Sangiovese at $30 and it was excellent. Would have been 5/5 except that when we went it was fairly quiet (5-30pm) and we were seated in a quiet corner which was dimly lit. Minor point and may have been as we had children? Overall really enjoyed the experience and wholly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, but not terriblejenivirgoVIPDined on 1/31/2014This is just your standard, old-school Italian restaurant. It's good food, not too expensive, but nothing to write home about. You can just get a decent meal in the East Village without getting fancy. One thing to note is that it's cash only.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood Italian at its best.C206PilotDined on 1/30/2014Everything went right. Typical small NY restaurant tables, very tight quarters but really adds to the ambiance. The house made pastas are highly recommended. Wine list is very good and very reasonable. Service was outstanding, did not miss a beat, as friendly as you wanted to be. The evening was topped off with the perfect panacotta. If you are looking for authentic Italian this place is an a salute must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Italian FoodJojoDined on 1/25/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. Food was very good and there was a great energy about the place. We went with another couple and we all enjoyed our meal. Three of us had pasta dishes that were excellent and one of our group had a tuna special which was also good. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014The staff were very friendly. My husband was a bit early, he chatted with the staff until we arrived. He was having a great time. The tables were a bit "tight". They gave us one really small table, since that they were not that busy we asked two put two tables together. Not sure they loved the idea, but went along with it. We did let them know we were in a time crunch. They served us the food quickly & got us out of there in time to make the play. We only ordered Pananis & appetizers. I would have loved to try the pastas, I was very tempted by the other tables. We did try the homemade, Sangrias. Wonderful! All the food we tried was delicious. I am going to try & go back when we have more time.Special Features:
- sweet findBellaDined on 1/11/2014via della pace was a very nice find in a fun neighborhood. service was great and the food was very good. it is a very small restaurant with tight seating. everyone was very friendly-servers and diners. one thing to know-they only accept cash. there is an atm machine inside. i would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and EfficientOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014We ate there on a Saturday night and it was great. The wine list was amazing. We were in and out in less than an hour and a half….but, by no means were they rushing us…they were just very efficient. It made for a great meal and then we were off to our Saturday evening activities on a comfortably-full stomach. We would highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A legitimate Italian experiencehawaiiandvVIPDined on 1/4/2014The restaurant is Roman and makes you feel like you are tucked away inside Trastevere somewhere. The owner Giovanni is a sweetheart and typically can be found behind the bar. The bruschette are divine, insalate are fresh, and pasta: OMG! A must is the Lobster Ravioli -- so very delicious. The tiramisu is also not to be missed! You basically can't go wrong. Portions are perfect and the food is all fresh. Sit, relax, have some wine, and practice your italian. After having lived in Rome for 3 years, I keep coming back to this restaurant so I can pretend I'm still there and relive it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an Italian restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/1/2014For an Italian restaurant, there was nothing authentic about it. I've had better panino at local pizzerias. Seems like a tourist trap for Italians visiting NYC.