Via Della Pace
48 East 7th St.
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Della Pace
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viadellapacenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122535803
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Breakfast: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Bartocci 6462414363
- Cross Street: Between 1st & 2nd Avenue
- Public Transit: From Astor Place Station (6 Train): Proceed in east direction from Astor Place towards E 8th St (213ft). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th Street (0,2 mi). From 8th St- NYU (R W Train): Proceed in sud east direction from E 8th St. toward Lafayette street ( 0,1 mi). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th St.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Via Della Pace
Via Della Pace is known not only for its unique and reasonably priced Italian cuisine, but for its extensive wine list and exclusive atmosphere. Truly one of the Lower East Side's hidden gems, Via Della Pace offers great music, authentic food and a friendly staff. Family owned, it's menu features many signature dishes such as "The Fettuccine Mama Munda," a recipe passed through generations to the restaurant's owner. Their original dishes are complimented by their freshly made Sangria and innovative cocktail list. With the restaurant floor set three feet above street level, it's elegant floor to ceiling windows allow patrons to look out at one of New York's trendiest neighborhoods while enjoying their meal. Additional seating can be found in our cozy party room which provides patrons with a more personal dining experience or in our in extremely popular outdoor section that opens during the summer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Della Pace reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- 15th BirthdaystugrayDined on 8/24/2014My daughter chose this place to have her birthday dinner whilst visiting New York and we weren't disappointed. Everything was great ambiance, service and food in a very cool neighborhood in East Village. Just beware it's cash only. They have an ATM inside but it only dispensed a maximum $160 and my party was for 6 so only just had enough.Special Features:
- great placetomfromsyracuseDined on 8/23/2014This is a great restaurant in the East Village. Outstanding food, great service by Matteo. We try to visit everytime we are in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Birthday celebration dinnerBirthdaymeal40Dined on 8/20/2014A lovely find on Trip Advisor for evening prior to my 40th birthday. We had a lovely welcome with a glass of champagne and fantastic service throughout the evening. The food was wonderful, and one where all four of us, including 15 and 12 year olds finished our meals. The portion sizes were spot on, and the wine chosen was really good. So pleased we found this restaurant and kept us away from the hassle and expense of Times Square. We would definitely choose Via Della Place on any return visit to NYCSpecial Features:
- Buon cibo italianoFenied03Dined on 8/13/2014Locale carino ma molto molto rumoroso . Fatevi dare un tavolo vicino alle finestre molto bello e più di atmosfera .il cibo è veramente molto buono per qualità delle materie prime e per la cottura . È italiano vero e nn mescolato per accontentare i gusti degli americani . Very good 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I found the restaurant via the reviews here for a family member's birthday and it was terrific. Everyone in our party loved their food, the service was terrific and would definitely recommend to a friend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved it!CharleyDined on 7/12/2014We were in New York visiting our daughter who is interning there for the summer and this was exactly the type of restaurant we were looking for. They saved us a special table even when we called to let them know we were running 30 minutes late. They were kind and attentive throughout the evening. The seared tuna bruschetta was truly memorable. We loved their wine recommendation. which was also VERY affordable, especially in NYC. The lasagna and lobster gnocchi were wonderful, as was their signature pasta dish. It was obviously a place that had a lot of regulars who loved authentic Italian food. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ale73ItalyDined on 7/11/2014Pastas & Bruschette good as well as in Italy! And an interesting Italian wine list, even if not only italian people will appreciate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!ioandoDined on 6/29/2014After searching Yelp and TripAdvisor we decided to try it out for brunch. The food was so good, we were back the second day for lunch. Go for the italian dishes, they are really outstanding. A great place to hang out, watch the soccer games and just have a good time.Special Features:
- Recommended ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent one of the best Italian flavours we have had, this was a recommendation after a walking food tour. Only advise would be careful playing music to loud however the guys playing blues was a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Dinner did not disappointMissPDined on 6/21/2014Dinner was just as good as all the reviews say. Pastas were delicious, esp carbonara and amatriciana. Several options on the menu and reasonable prices. Wish we had gotten to try a salad too. Not sure that a "half bottle" of wine is any more than 2 glasses, so if people have different tastes, go for 2 different glasses. Desserts were the weakest thing, so I suggest having a bruschetta-salad-pasta-(and second course if you have the room!) savory meal extravaganza and maybe skip dessert. Would definitely go back there. CASH ONLY. Started getting full around 9pm and once full, it was quite noisy. Not a great place to have an intimate tete-a-tete, more a place for a fun noisy dinner :) Wish we had a place like this in DC.
- Group Birthday dinnerWesternoneDined on 5/31/2014Great food, service and value. Would recommend and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My party of 6 was seated immediately, but brought to a basement seating area. That would have been fine except that it was so dark we could barely read the menu, and it was uncomfortably warm (I'm a person who is ALWAYS cold). The appetizers came out in a reasonable amount of time, however it seemed to take FOREVER for the entrees to come out. Additionally, we needed to request ice and cold water several times before they were brought to us. I was satisfied with my meal, nothing incredible, but definitely good. I was the only non-Italian of the group, and the rest of my party seemed to feel the same; food was edible but not worth another trip.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Via Della Pace reviews archive.
- The best atmosphereNSinNYDined on 4/24/2014It's always a party there. The staff is very nice, the food is incredibly tasty and the wine list is awesome. They make the best sangria in town. It's a small place, but that is what makes it so cozy and friendly. Great for anytime of the day, but the VDP atmosphere makes any happy hour much happier!!! Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Via della Pace doesn't disappointLive4foodDined on 4/16/2014I had been to this restaurant two years ago and the food was great. Once again the food was terrific. The waiting staff was attentive and it was refreshing to hear Italian being spoken. One thing to keep in mind when going- the restaurant doesn't take plastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find!CrazyMommyDined on 4/14/2014Enjoyed this restaurant very much. Located in East Village, it was a perfect for our first dinner in NY after checking into our hotel. As the reviews have noted, the staff was very friendly, welcoming, and the food was delicious! We took a Food-On-Foot Tour later in the week, and our guide also recommended this place. Reasonable price for what you get. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- It was a great night outfoodloverDined on 3/8/2014There were 5 of us - good selection of beer. The apps were delicious, everyone especially enjoyed the bruschetta with anchovies. We all were delighted with our entrees. Salmon, tuna, chicken, pasta - all were wonderful. Too stuffed for dessert! The restaurant is small. The kitchen is right there with the tables, so it got a little smokey at times. Very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth a return tripSrlochDined on 3/7/2014Great little bar, service fantastic, Carbonara the best, setting feels like home. Cash only so be prepared and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014Amazing food! Definitely some of the best I've had in NYC! Charming, intimate setting in the East Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughqbanwongDined on 2/16/2014This was my second trip to this gem and I was able to confirm the the first time was not a fluke. Food is superb, ambiance is great and the service is spot on. Definitely on my radar for my next NYC trip, a must do...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceLexy01Dined on 2/15/2014We got seated downstairs, took forever to get someone to even acknowledge us. Server barely checked in with us, forgot one drink for the table. I ordered a tuna MEDIUM, came back well done, pretty much burnt. Rest of the food was ok, wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Terrific food at reasonable prices!Roger1502Dined on 2/15/2014Very nice restaurant with authentic Italian ambience and fully deserving of its rating. Nice location in the East Village in a fairly quiet street. Went with my family including 2 teenage daughters. All of us enjoyed the food and lots to choose from - Chicken salad and the lasagne were exceptional. Also very good wine list. We went for a budget Sangiovese at $30 and it was excellent. Would have been 5/5 except that when we went it was fairly quiet (5-30pm) and we were seated in a quiet corner which was dimly lit. Minor point and may have been as we had children? Overall really enjoyed the experience and wholly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, but not terriblejenivirgoDined on 1/31/2014This is just your standard, old-school Italian restaurant. It's good food, not too expensive, but nothing to write home about. You can just get a decent meal in the East Village without getting fancy. One thing to note is that it's cash only.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood Italian at its best.C206PilotDined on 1/30/2014Everything went right. Typical small NY restaurant tables, very tight quarters but really adds to the ambiance. The house made pastas are highly recommended. Wine list is very good and very reasonable. Service was outstanding, did not miss a beat, as friendly as you wanted to be. The evening was topped off with the perfect panacotta. If you are looking for authentic Italian this place is an a salute must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Italian FoodJojoDined on 1/25/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. Food was very good and there was a great energy about the place. We went with another couple and we all enjoyed our meal. Three of us had pasta dishes that were excellent and one of our group had a tuna special which was also good. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The staff were very friendly. My husband was a bit early, he chatted with the staff until we arrived. He was having a great time. The tables were a bit "tight". They gave us one really small table, since that they were not that busy we asked two put two tables together. Not sure they loved the idea, but went along with it. We did let them know we were in a time crunch. They served us the food quickly & got us out of there in time to make the play. We only ordered Pananis & appetizers. I would have loved to try the pastas, I was very tempted by the other tables. We did try the homemade, Sangrias. Wonderful! All the food we tried was delicious. I am going to try & go back when we have more time.Special Features:
- sweet findBellaDined on 1/11/2014via della pace was a very nice find in a fun neighborhood. service was great and the food was very good. it is a very small restaurant with tight seating. everyone was very friendly-servers and diners. one thing to know-they only accept cash. there is an atm machine inside. i would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and EfficientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We ate there on a Saturday night and it was great. The wine list was amazing. We were in and out in less than an hour and a half….but, by no means were they rushing us…they were just very efficient. It made for a great meal and then we were off to our Saturday evening activities on a comfortably-full stomach. We would highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A legitimate Italian experiencehawaiiandvDined on 1/4/2014The restaurant is Roman and makes you feel like you are tucked away inside Trastevere somewhere. The owner Giovanni is a sweetheart and typically can be found behind the bar. The bruschette are divine, insalate are fresh, and pasta: OMG! A must is the Lobster Ravioli -- so very delicious. The tiramisu is also not to be missed! You basically can't go wrong. Portions are perfect and the food is all fresh. Sit, relax, have some wine, and practice your italian. After having lived in Rome for 3 years, I keep coming back to this restaurant so I can pretend I'm still there and relive it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an Italian restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014For an Italian restaurant, there was nothing authentic about it. I've had better panino at local pizzerias. Seems like a tourist trap for Italians visiting NYC.
- Great meal in East VillageDinerDined on 12/24/2013Delicious food at reasonable prices in East Village. Service was good & everyone enjoyed all that was ordered. Best tiramisu ever had...overall a great time...very important...CASH only...no Credit Cards!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot in NYCGillDined on 12/22/2013We found this place on Tripadvisor, it caught our attention because of it's high ratings and modest menu. It was perfect! We were a family of 5 visiting from out of town and we were very impressed. Located in the East Village, it feels like a local neighborhood restaurant. The place was packed, had a warm energetic atmosphere, but more importantly, the food was great and the service was too. I'm gluten free and generally avoid Italian restaurants, but there was plenty on the menu for me to enjoy. Highly recommended, give this place a try, you wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italian restaurantTomm2Dined on 12/22/2013First time in NYC and we were looking for a an Italian armosphere. VDP offers a large set of courses of excellent quality. Service is very friendly and caring I recommend VDP very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't take any plasticPwalkDined on 12/21/2013Food was really good - 2 words, lobster ravioli. Service was good until the end of the meal when it got very crowded, and it was Saturday night. It is definitely my fault for not researching, but they only accept cash and will direct you to an ATM next door to manage it. So be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!StevesCornerDined on 12/21/2013Staff were very good, particularly the really hot waiter!!!! The restaurant itself is gorgeous.. A really great atmosphere inside, it was a little quiet when I first arrived (6pm) but soon got busy, clearly a gem in the East Village. I ordered the trio of Brushetta which was incredible, seriously incredible!! I had a rear rib eye for main, and I am so pleased it didn't come with carbs, it was just the right amount, and so delicious, Wonderful. For puds I got a tirimasu with a candle in as it was my BIrthday. That again was delicious and by chance exactly what I wanted as my desert!! A lovely gesture from the venue I thought Definately one of the best meals I have ever had. I want to try the whole menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner @ 5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/15/2013After spending the day around Rockefeller Center, we took the subway down to the East Village for dinner. The restaurant is just two blocks away from the station. You'll pass the playhouse for STOMP during your short walk. The short subway ride was well worth the price to get away from midtown. Waitstaff was attentive and the food was enjoyed by everyone, each getting something different. Only one italian pilsner is on tap. Not bad. Right after dinner we sent emails to our families recommending Via Della Pace to everyone coming into the city for the holidays. Today, I posted the information on the office bulletin board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Warm, friendly staff.LucyDined on 12/7/2013What a great find. We were looking by location for a place close to an off-broadway show we were attending. This restaurant has wonderful food, delicious wines and a staff that keeps smiling no matter what. It is cramped, but who cares when all else is so good.Special Features:
- I was in NY with my familyEmmaDined on 12/7/2013I was in NY with my family for the day and had no idea where to have dinner. The reviews for this restaurant were pretty good so I took a chance. We were not disappointed! We all had pasta dishes, 4 different dishes, and each one was as good as the next! Everything was fresh and some of the pastas were homemade. It's a small but intimate restaurant in a quiet neighborhood which we really liked. The staff was superb! When we walked in, everyone at the bar was speaking Italian. Being of Italian descent, I found this very charming and comforting. If you go to this restaurant, I guarantee you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like Roma!JFT1011Dined on 11/23/2013The food was great, fresh, hot and authentic. I loved the look and feel of the restaurant as well. The 'head staff' spoke Italian which was awesome. Only one complaint: it's extremely noisy. I even asked them to turn down the music at one point! Also, they only take cash so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no chefsouthernboyDined on 11/10/2013Made reservation in advance, took a cab 40 blocks to get there. When we arrived we were told the chef had not shown up for work. After a little discussion, we were told they could try to fix us something but we opted to eat elsewhere. All they had to do was call and we would have gone elsewhere.
- Great Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013Love the food here. Tried a little of everyone dish and everything was great. Gnocchi are fantastic and if you like pesto that is a great pick as well. Only complain would be that no substitutes are allowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.