Via Carducci - Wicker Park
1928 W Division
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Carducci - Wicker Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viacarduccichicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 252-2244
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Via Carducci - Wicker Park
Rustic Southern Italian Cuisine features plenty of natural ingredients from the four basic food groups. Here at Via Carducci we use only fresh ingredients to insure the best possible quality. We feature regional Italian wines that best complement the cuisine of Southern Italy. Since we cannot take you back to Calabria, we have brought a little of Calabria to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Carducci - Wicker Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- A reliable gemSarahVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I return again and again to this wonderful spot. Although we usually get talked into a daily special, on this visit we both dined on delicious pasta off the menu. I highly recommend the Buccatini. Amazing flavor!Special Features:
- love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014very good food every time I've been, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, but nothing specialBucktownBobVIPDined on 10/3/2014VC is a fairly good Italian restaurant on the Division Street strip. There were several issues, however. We waited awhile after our reservation time to be seated, and the service was exceedingly slow. They were "out of" certain spirits required to make an advertised cocktail. The salad course was missing ingredients (which came later on a side plate). All of this would be OK but the service was so slow, it took awhile to correct these issues. The food itself was good (the "Santa Lucia" pasta dish was especially tasty), if not on the overly-salty side. I guess if you're in the mood for mid-level Italian food and you don't want to wait for a table at a better restaurant, this place would be an adequate choice. I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2014This was a great local find for us for it's so hard to find tasty authentic italian food. The ambiance was great and we had the opportunity to meet the chef and owner. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MutzimooDined on 8/2/2014Fun, Great Food, Outdoor Patio, Excellent Service and Wine List. Celebrated a birthday with 10 guests and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in Wicker ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014We live in the neighborhood. I've probably eaten here 25 times and have never had a bad meal. The pastas are great. This particular night my husband got the steak special, someone got the fish special and I had the smoked salmon appetizer as a meal. All were fantastic. They seem to use great ingredients - everything always seems so fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Good Italian choice if you live in the area! Food is really good and fairly pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mistaken IdentityKevinDined on 5/2/2014We showed up to a mostly empty restaurant at 7:45 on Friday. I noticed a tv with a foreign language soccer game on, and thought "Well, it's an Italian restaurant, makes sense". As the evening went on the place started to fill up and we noticed the strange music selections (Van Morrison followed by Modest Mouse). Then all of a sudden there were many more TVs on, and the sound for a hockey game was playing through the speakers. Is this a nice Italian Restaurant, or a sports bar? The evening would have been great without the TVs, they ruined the ambiance for sure.Special Features:
- best lobster ravioliDnD1999Dined on 4/25/2014We're big fans of lobster ravioli and this was the best ever. Great carprese salad too. Good atmosphere. Will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceJEH960Dined on 4/6/2014I've eaten at both of their locations and the food was great at both of them. The service is exceptional, attentive without being intrusive and your water glass is never empty. Nice wine selection and menu. I will gladly return when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Charming, authentic ItalianChelseaDined on 3/13/2014Charming, authentic Italian spot. Great pasta and excellent service. I've spent a lot of time in Italy and this place really took me back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our time hereWendelDined on 2/24/2014I went here with Sister, Niece and Mother. It was rather empty on a Monday night and we soo enjoyed our evening. The good was yummy and enjoyed the wine too! Would go back for sure1Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Cold FeetSteveVIPDined on 2/15/2014We weren't exactly blown away by Via Carducci, but I definitely want to give them a second chance because the food was very, very good. The problem was with everything else. Specifically the enclosed outdoor "patio" that they are using for overflow seating. It's really really cold. And cramped. Yes, they have heaters out there, but my feet were frozen solid before we finished our appetizers. By the end of the meal, my wife was wearing her coat at the table. Speaking of coats, don't wear your long winter coat because there's nowhere to put it other than the back of your chair. Our waiter was competent but overly aggressive about trying to upsell us. I realize that's kind of his job, but he took it way too far. We'll try again in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so romantic Valentines dinnerHipsterHatingHipsterDined on 2/14/2014Food was okay, atmosphere wasnt romantic at all, it was very hectic. the waiter was rude and snooty (when i mispronounced an item on the menu he stopped me midway through the word and corrected me). We were inches away from the tables next to us. we could hear everyones conversation except for ours. The best part of the date was leaving the restaurant. I had to make it up to my date the next night by taking her to Balena in Lincoln park. But i mean, what else did i expect from such mediocre prices. Never again will i step foot in that restaurant, and i recommend you dont either.Special Features:
- Excellent!!AChiEatrDined on 2/14/2014Food, service, space, everything was simply excellent!! Got the lasagna and grilled calamari, both were delicious!! I'm going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. I had thejeffjDined on 2/14/2014Very good food. I had the bowtie pasta which was excellent. We shared bruschetta appetizer which was outstanding. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great.RbodVIPDined on 2/14/2014Previous times have been very good. This time the service was non-attentive, the entree was delayed by at least 45 minutes, and the surf and turf special was over-priced, lacked flavor and was tough. Guess I should have stuck with Italian food. Overall, quite unsatisfactory for Valentine's Day.
- Very good, sauce was excellent,groupguyDined on 1/24/2014Very good, sauce was excellent, service was spot on perfect. Only two negatives: shrimp in the pasta was not the freshest (not bad, just not the freshest) and cold air would come in when the door was opened (not an uncommon problem in this very cold winter). So, very good and I'd highly recommend.
- good but nothing specialAvisVIPDined on 12/30/2013They were out of penne pasta (?) and no risotto on the day we were there. We were the only customers in the restaurant, yet the service was basically non-existent, as the employees were busy chatting amongst themselves at the bar. My glass of wine wasn't even on the bill - we had to let them know they made a mistake (in our favor). The food was fine - nothing special. If you're in the area and want decent Italian food, it's worth a try.Special Features:
- Quaint spot in Wicker ParkANukeDined on 12/15/2013We came here door my wife's birthday, and we were very pleased. I had the Chicken Marsala and was very happy with it. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.