Via Carducci - Lincoln Park
1419 W Fullerton
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Via Carducci - Lincoln Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.viacarduccichicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 665-1981
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Via Carducci - Lincoln Park
Rustic Southern Italian Cuisine features plenty of natural ingredients from the four basic food groups. Here at Via Carducci we use only fresh ingredients to insure the best possible quality. We feature regional Italian wines that best complement the cuisine of Southern Italy. Since we cannot take you back to Calabria, we have brought a little of Calabria to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Via Carducci - Lincoln Park reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (9)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always deliciousspicygarlicVIPDined on 11/21/2014Via Carducci is one of my favorite italian spots in the city, both the LP and Wicker locations. I only detracted a star for ambiance because it was so ambient that it was too dark to read the menu in the back room so be careful if taking older companions. Also, if you don't get the Rotini Santa Lucia you are making a big mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceDeano91Dined on 11/4/2014We had a group of 10 people, which ended up actually being 3 of us to show up. They made it a point multiple times to say how our group shrank and they were not very accommodating because of it. The only redeemable point of this establishment is that the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findemvllcVIPDined on 11/1/2014Excellent food and service...appetizers plentiful and fresh. daily specials on the board is the way to go!Special Features:
- Just Good ItalianEllaDined on 10/29/2014Nice little place. It's on the smaller side. Good service. We've never had a problem; they're very friendly and helpful explaining the menu items. A good selection of dishes without being overwhelming. Tasty pasta dishes, and a respectable selection of wines. Prices very reasonable. There are many small Italian restaurants in Chicago. This is one of the better ones for simply good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!WendyDined on 10/25/2014I was very impressed by Via Carducci. It was very busy when we got there at 7pm on Saturday night, yet the service was excellent. I had a chicken special that I enjoyed thoroughly; chicken breast with artichokes, onions and mushrooms in a light wine sauce (which I had them prepare gluten free with no problem). My companions all enjoyed their dishes as well: filet mignon, pizza and pasta dishes. Can't forget the spinach salad with beets and almonds that I started with. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Best Italian food on the north sideGregVIPDined on 8/28/2014we've been eating here since it opened, probably 15 years ago (or more) and it continues to turn out delicious food at every visit.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieChickDined on 8/24/2014I like going here very nice family atmosphere. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Via Carducci - Lincoln Park reviews archive.
- katiekatieDined on 5/30/2014We love this neighbor spot. Great for friends and family meals. Our server was very helpful.Special Features:
- Via CarducciheartviacarducciDined on 5/4/2014Great place. Great food. Great staff. The dinner specials are excellent. Don't get a menu, just order the special.Special Features:
- Great for pre play dinnerDepaulDined on 5/3/2014Family of 4 had a marvelous dinner prior to a play. Will bring our friends here next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alilincolnparkDined on 5/2/2014Food was much better then I remember. I havent been here in a while and the quality and taste of the the food has improved dramatically. Veal was very tender and flavorful. Salmon pasta dish very tast. Portions were generous and bread excellent! It was late so restaurant was quiet and very romantic.Special Features:
- Get the pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/19/2014My fish was drowning in butter sauce. I knew I should've gotten the pasta… Still love this little neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Great meal but a tv?JudyDined on 3/31/2014Delicious food and attentive service, but the tv in the bar was on throughout dinner. It was distracting to have the sound of the evening news playing loudly in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta DelightAndiVIPDined on 3/23/2014It's hard to find a place that can do Spaghetti Carbonara right and this place does it. It's made in a very authentic way . We had a wonderful meal at affordable prices which is saying a lot in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta Choices are outstandingScatchieDined on 3/18/2014My daughter wanted to have her birthday dinner here! The food and service was outstanding. LOVED their marinara sauce and meatballs. Service was great! We will be back and I have recommended to 3 friends already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Neighborhood ItalianKyleVIPDined on 3/17/2014I used to live down the street, but only discovered it once I moved a few miles away. So unfortunate. My wife and I (both young and like all sorts of foods) would have come here all the time....probably will still make the drive. It's just great italian food and the proprietor and his team are very nice. We went on a Monday evening and it was quiet. If you want a relaxed good plate of Italian food with friendly service, this is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on Valentines DAYJumbo1111Dined on 2/14/2014The food was great and came out extra fast...they were out of rolls due to being packed all night. Our 930 reservation turned into a 940 because they over sat all night. Server wanted to get off of work while waiting on us...Overall food was good just too crowded for Valentines DaySpecial Features:
- Valentines mistakeYummyVIPDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I made last minute reservations for valentines day. That was our first red flag. There were open slots every 15 min two days before valentines day- unheard of. We got sat 1 hour after our reservation time. They were out of table tread. Eggplant appetizer was cold. They ran out of clams for the clam pasta. Not sure if we will be back. Maybe for take out.
- VdayCoupleDined on 2/14/2014Very good traditional Italian food. Service was a bit slow but it was to be expected as they were very busy with valentines daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably my favorite ItalianXXXXXVIPDined on 2/8/2014Probably my favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago for consistent quality at reasonable prices. The food is execellent. They also have a very reasonably priced list of Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pasta dishes, near FacetsCarlaEdgewaterDined on 2/5/2014Watch a film at Facets then head to Via Carducci= great nightSpecial Features:
- Great Italian spot - food is amazinLovesFoodVIPDined on 1/31/2014It's our Italian go-to. They upped their prices a bit, which kind of bugs, since it's just chicken/pasta for $15-20? But it is delicious, and the portions are pretty big. Nothing we have ever had has not been delicious. Service is good - the bussers are on top of everything. The waiters we have had could be a little more warm/friendly, but they've been there for like 5-10 years, so I doubt that will be changing. Nothing bad, but not like we are walking out with new server friends. All in all, we like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday visit.MomisntcookingDined on 1/23/2014Via carducci is one of my sons favorite places. Always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicebuckeyegirlVIPDined on 12/30/2013Free street parking a bonus. Like flavor of the olive oilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FoodBobCDined on 12/12/2013It was okay. One of the windows was covered with a huge poster. The heat from the ceiling was blowing too hot towards the seating area. Maybe the vents should be going up, not down. I order the bowtie pasta with Salmon and vodka sauce and I got 3 small bites of fish. Not worth the price.Special Features: